How to run application made with Clarion for dos 3.102 on Windows XP?

Thx

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Converting my existing clarion 3.1 dos application to windows
Hi, I have developed a complete business accounting software in clarion 3.1 for dos. Now I want to convert it into windows platform. Can you suggest me any tool which will help me to convert this whole application into windows. In case if it is not possible, can you suggest me the fastest & most economical solution to do this whole conversion. If you have a solution for this, pls. let me know immediately. Also let me know about the pricing of the same. Regards Kaushal Kaushal, It's been a while, but, I think the first version(s) of Clarion for Windows provided a fairly straight-forward conversion path (DOS to Windoze). Once you get it to CW 1.x level you will probably want to move it to ABC, which may be quite a chore. Good luck, and let me know how it goes, as we are in the City/County Cost, Fund and Project Accounting arena. Always looking for options for our clients. Rich Knoch www.compulink-ltd.com Rich: If you are going to convert you application do it correctly. Do not use the Clarion DAT files and do not use Clarion TPS files. They both tend to have major problems running under windows. This may not be true with the new IP driver you can use it with any file driver under CW 6.1, but I do not know. If it was me I would either use a SQL database like MsSql, SQLAnywhere or someother flavor of SQL. Or if you didn't want to use SQL use Btrieve by Pervasive. Btrieve is a lot like the Clarion DAT and TPS files accept it is MUCH more dependa...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Will Clarion 6.1 run in 64 Bit Windows XP?
Hello all, I'm preparing to build a new computer. I want to use one of the new dual core AMD 64-bit processors. Will Clarion 6.1 run and compile applications using this processor? I believe that I rwad somewhere that parts of Clarion still use 16-bit. If so, will it run on this chip using the 64-bit version of Windows XP? I don't want to build a new system and find it won't run Clarion 6. Thanks for any help or suggestions. I have asked this question before, but wasn't absolutely sure that I was clear on the answers. Jay W. Cochrane ...

Clarion 2 for DOS: cant run it in 32bit windows. Any way around this?
We have an old clarion 2 application running under windows 98 with an NT server. We tried installing any type of 32 bit windows (nt 2k XP) client to replace the win 98 but the software wont start. The locking algorithm fails. We tried using the compatibility toggle in the XP shortcut icon but no better results. Any suggestion? Chris Win 98 is 32 bit so it's nothing to do with that. Assuming you have enough free memory in the DOS box try following: Make sure you have enough file handles declared, put files=100 or whatever in config.nt in the windows directory. Turn off opportunistic file locking on the server see: http://www.softvelocity.com/test/osfaqs.htm and other sources Turn off write behind cacheing to aviod corruption see also: http://www.clarion.polbox.pl/ikb/IKB/Ikb90a1.htm Your .app should work just fine. If you are using CPD2.10 or CPD2.09 then your data files are completely compatible with the windows product and you can run both Clarion for windows programs and CPD programs in parallel on the same data files at the same time. Stamos "Christopher Kozely" <ckozely@mail.pf> wrote in message news:3f632329@news.softvelocity.com... > We have an old clarion 2 application running under windows 98 with an NT > server. We tried installing any type of 32 bit windows (nt 2k XP) client to > replace the win 98 but the software wont start. The locking algorithm fails. > We tried using the compatibility toggle in the XP shortcut icon but no ...

E-Bay
I have listed my Clarion license for sale on e-Bay. You can find it listed as: Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 Topspeed Softvelocity Thanks! ...

Apple33 Aztec-C for DOS 3.3 under Windows XP
I have completed a precondfigured cross-compiler environment for programming Apple DOS 3.3 applications from within Windiows XP. It is now up for download at the following url and is listed on the Aztec-C website: http://www.clipshop.ca/Aztec/Apple33.zip This is a "scaled-down" version of the Manx Aztec C65 Version 3.2b MS- DOS cross-development environment for an Apple II running DOS 3.3. It is targetted specifically at writing DOS 3.3 programs. Programs are written and compiled on the IBM-PC and then moved to an Apple II or to an emulator disk image to be run. (Emulator Diskimages of all the sample programs are provided for you as well.) A modified Graphics link library is also provided which has been extended to support the use of bit-mapped graphics images and sound routines, etc. The build environment has been configured to run under Windows XP and a pre-configured shortcut has been provided for this purpose as well as a make utility program and some additional programs to be used in conjunction with make. Several sample programs are provided, each with its own MAKEFILE and each can be reviewed for information on how to write your own DOS 3.3 C programs. I have set-up each of these diskimages with a HELLO program. In DOS 3.3 Aztec C programs are binary files which have a base address of 0800 and are loaded and run using the BRUN command. You can review the HELLO program to see how that is done. Getting Started Unzip the ZI...

DOS base btrieve application error in Windows XP DOS box
Hi, We have a client running a legacy DOS based ERP system. We are trying to run the DOS application in the DOS box under Windows XP with Netware client 4.83 sp2e. The application can access the database in a Netware 3.11 server running brieve. But we got errors from some of the functions. The application can run in DOS box on Windows 98 with Netware client 3.4 for windows without any problem. After running "brequest.exe /d:8192" and then "brequtil.exe -ver", we got BREQUTIL - Btrieve Requester Utility Version 6.10b Copyright 1993 Novell Inc. All Rights Reserved...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Clarion 3102 development on Windows XP
Hello, Is there a way to properly run Clarion for DOS 3102 in Windows XP? Computer is a Pentium 4 computer running Windows XP SP2 with Pervasive/Btrieve Workstation running (other DOS apps that use Btrieve run well on this machine). When I try to open the VIDEO.APP or the DEMO.APP sample applications in Clarion 3102, I get the following error messages and XTRACE.TXT: ------------------ Screen 1 ------------------------- =A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6Protection Violation Reported=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6 =A6 =A6 =A6 The system hardware has reported an illegal =A6 =A6 use of memory by one of the active programs. =A6 =A6 =A6 =A6 You may save changes by selecting the [Save] =A6 =A6 button. The dump file (XTRACE.TXT) may be =A6 =A6 useful in identifying the offending software. =A6 =A6 =A6 =A6 =A6 =A6 Save And Exit _ Abort And Exit _ =A6 ----------------------------------------------------- ------------------ Screen 2 ------------------------- =A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6Processor Violation=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6 =A6 =A6 The system has detected an illegal =A6 operation being performed by one of the =A6 programs running in memory. =A6 =A6 The current process will have to be =A6 immediately terminated. The XTRACE.TXT fi...

Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3
Hello, Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how to do this in the help files. Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? Thanks in advance, Kind regards, Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text' Harry Hugo COX wrote: > Hello, > > Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. > I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how > to do this in the help files. > > Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Kind regards, > > ...

Running an NT application under Windows XP
Hi folks! Could anybody give me a clue for solving a following problem : I have a multithreaded application that was developed with Visual C++ under Windows NT and runs quite stable under NT. Now I need to port it to Windows XP and encounter strange behaviour. In one thread there is a call for complex function that allocates memory (by means of 'new char[128]' f.ex.) several times. This thread - though happily running under NT - dies on these allocations under XP. Not always on the same place, but some of them come more oft than others. The call stack looks like this: ************************************** NTDLL! 77f645cc() _heap_alloc_base(unsigned int 176) line 200 _heap_alloc_dbg(unsigned int 128, int 1, const char * 0x00000000, int 0) line 378 + 9 bytes _nh_malloc_dbg(unsigned int 128, int 0, int 1, const char * 0x00000000, int 0) line 248 + 21 bytes _malloc_dbg(unsigned int 128, int 1, const char * 0x00000000, int 0) line 165 + 27 bytes operator new(unsigned int 128) line 325 + 16 bytes ************************************** and the critical line in my code is: char* t = new char[128]; The thread can stop also on other places, but all of them are of the same type. I do believe that the reason is certainly not this code, the more so that it runs with no problem on the same machine under NT. Now, what could have caused this effect? Any help would be highly appreciated. Victor VIT@mediainterface.de (Victor) wrote...

Oracle problem running Clarion application
I am trying to run a Clarion program .exe and I get the following: Error = 90: File System Error Oracle error = 1 Oracle could not be found TargetName = (my oracle schema and table name) Owner = (my oracle username/pwd@database) I am upgrading to a new Windows server, so I copied everything from the old server to the new server, installed what I thought was all of the necessary software, but is there some configuration I need to set up or something in order for this to run? I can run the Oracle client just fine without error. Any and all help or guidance will be greatly apprec...

xp colors in clarion 6.3
I have upgraded my apps to clarion 6.3 and have selected the option to have the xp look (include the xp manifest ) This has fixed a problem that clarion 5.5 had with check box's being blacked out. But now all of my option boxes have turned blue and i can not change the color. Is there a way to change the color of the option boxes? David Griffiths ...

Clarion 5.0B and Windows XP
I've recently upgraded to Win XP and now Clarion 5.0B (which until now has been performing well) refuses to act the way it should. I saw something on Softvelocity's site about a new DLL driver for XP and downloaded it, but it made no difference. --I can not format a screen with the CTRL-F; --I can't view an APP file; --I can compile with a PRJ but can not see it on screen. Any ideas what is going on here....and how to fix it? I know...there are new versions of Clarion but I'm trying to stick with 5.0 as long as possible. If it is a case of "You can't get there from here" then all well and good, but I certainly hope not. Thanks in advance for any input. John Day John, I wish I could tell you exactly what your problem is... but I can tell you that C5b and XP work fine. Possible things to look for: 1. Make sure you are on the latest XP Service Pack. 2. Set program launch to "Run in separate memory space" 3. Re-install C5b if you are still having issues. HTH, Doug "John Day" <m48m60@erols.com> wrote in message news:bfk957$ro9$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > I've recently upgraded to Win XP and now Clarion 5.0B (which until now has > been performing well) refuses to act the way it should. > > I saw something on Softvelocity's site about a new DLL driver for XP and > downloaded it, but it made no difference. > > --I can not format a screen with the CTRL-F; > --I can't view an APP file...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

::: Data Conversion
I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 How would I go about converting this data? Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Clarion 5.5 will read and write Clarion DOS v2.109 .dat files just fine. If the files are from a version earlier than v2.109 then deleting the key (.kxx) files and opening the files in Clarion 5.5 should convert them for you. The changes are in the keys. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT, Kevin Willis wrote: > I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX > files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 > > How would I go about converting this data? > > Kevin Willis > klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Greg is right - leaving them in the Clarion data format is fine. We've done this a fiar bit when migrating dos apps to windows - we leave the data strucutres "untouched". This allows for both Dos & windows programs to work at the same time, and makes for a very smooth change-over. After that you can use File Manager 3 (www.capesoft.com) to painlessly convert it to any of the other structures that clarion offers. cheers Bruce "Gregory C. Bailey" <lanmicro@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1eafcs476r233.1tnzabpamab0r.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi Kevin, > > Clarion 5.5 will read and write Cla...

How to run a standalone Ruby application in Windows XP?
I am new to Ruby and I made a Ruby application that have to run as as a standalone application under Windows XP. Can anyone help me to explain how to do that? Thanks in advance, Thiel Ps By the way, I love the Ruby language and their community. Thiel Chang wrote: > > > I am new to Ruby and I made a Ruby application that have to run as as a > standalone application under Windows XP. > > Can anyone help me to explain how to do that? Have you looked at rubyscript2exe ? -- James Britt www.happycamperstudios.com - Wicked Cool Coding www.jamesbritt.com ...

Running Windows 3.x in a DOS box
Hello, All! Does anybody know is it possible to run Windows 3.0 or Windows 3.1 in a DOS box of Windows 98 or Windows NT4? I have an old program that refuses to run in any Win32 OS, but runs fine in Windows 3.x. Dual booting with DOS works for me, but this is quite awkward. A friend has told me that Windows 3.x can run under Linux and OS/2. Any ideas? With best regards, Johnno Makahl. > ... an old program that refuses to run > in any Win32 OS, but runs fine in Windows 3.x. Why? is there a specific error or advise? Most Win32 OS let you customize your 16-bit environment to run 16-bit applications. Bur you have to know what you need (more base memory, expanded or extended memory, direct access to certain hw resources, etc.). Be more specific. Marco. -- http://www.plazaearth.com/philo "Johnno Makahl" <makahlj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bhcvtk$110288$1@ID-115986.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hello, All! > > Does anybody know is it possible to run Windows 3.0 or Windows 3.1 in a DOS > box of Windows 98 or Windows NT4? I have an old program that refuses to run > in any Win32 OS, but runs fine in Windows 3.x. Dual booting with DOS works > for me, but this is quite awkward. A friend has told me that Windows 3.x can > run under Linux and OS/2. Any ideas? > > With best regards, Johnno Makahl. > > i'm sure that win3x cannot run in a windows dos box but it;s true you ...

Clarion 6.1 and Windows XP Pro
I have just installed Clarion on a new laptop and everytime I try to compile a program it crashes, saying the 16 bit subsystem has become unstable. I have contacted Softvelocities tech support and we went the the whole process of adding a local printer to the lpt1 port as well as a registry change that was suggested in the FAQ's. When we were done, I was basically told that there was nothing further they could do. The laptop does not have a physical LPT port, I know that should not be a factor, because the previous laptop did not have one either and I never experienced this issue. My question is, does anyone else have this problem and what work arounds did you find without having to upgrade. I could really use the help. Thanks Anthony asanfilippo70 wrote: > I have just installed Clarion on a new laptop and everytime I try to > compile a program it crashes, saying the 16 bit subsystem has become > unstable. > > I have contacted Softvelocities tech support and we went the the whole > process of adding a local printer to the lpt1 port as well as a > registry change that was suggested in the FAQ's. When we were done, I > was basically told that there was nothing further they could do. > The laptop does not have a physical LPT port, I know that should not be > a factor, because the previous laptop did not have one either and I > never experienced this issue. > > My question is, does anyone else have this problem and what...

How to run a standlone Ruby application in Windows XP
Hi, I made a Ruby application and I will run it as as a standalone application under Windows XP. Can anyone explain how to do rhat? Best regards, Thiel Thiel Chang wrote: > Hi, > > I made a Ruby application and I will run it as as a standalone > application under Windows XP. > > Can anyone explain how to do rhat? > > Best regards, > > Thiel Try ruby2exe . -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. > Try ruby2exe . Does this project "ruby2exe" really exist? I see a lot of people mentioning "ruby2exe", but I've never foun...

Windows XP & Clarion TPS Database
Hey All, I have a Clarion/ TPS database that I have inherited with a recent network take-over. We're running a 2003 Small Business Server with Windows XP Pro SP2 workstations. We've been getting corruption within the DB. The company that wrote the software are amatures and are over their head - so no support. Research has sudgested number of Windows Registry fixes, which I will provide upon request. Essentially, the obvious mod. was switching off OpLocks on all stations, and a number of caching related registry switches - thinking this could be case. Oh yes, ande extremely poor performance. Every programmer seems to love this software - but I have to tell you it performance is not inspiring. - We've certified the network cable, upgraded all cards to 3Com905, tried different switches, increased power backup equipment. - The obvious power management features have been turned off and some other 101 network stuff. The corruption hemorraging has been reduced but were still getting some minor file mismatches. I'm just worred that during postings we'll eventually clobber the master file with a corrupt batch file. Any help would be appreciated. Couple of ideas. 1. Consider swithing the database to Pervasive Btrieve. This is the simpilist conversion. Btrieve is more client server and is much more stable than the TPS file format. The per station cost is not that bad. Only a few things need to be changed. Primarily Decimal fields to PDecimal fields. Memo...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

ANN: Old Clarion stuff (DOS, Windows and LPM)
Old Clarion stuff (DOS, Windows and LPM) If you are interested on the following send me a message to (jfmoreno@gitanosoftware.com) with your offer, don=92t ask me for a price I have no clue. All need to go as a bundle. Do not respond to the newsgroup. Add shipping to it as this is bulky and heavy. US only, sorry too big to ship overseas. -Clarion Personal =96 In box books and floppies -Clarion Professional Developer =96 in box books and floppies -Clarion for DOS (1995) - Books -Clarion 3 books and floppies -Clarion 4 =96 books -Clarion for Windows - books -Clarion for Windows 1.5 - books -Clarion 5 =96 Books Misc Clarion Books -Clarion Companion (Randy Goodhew) -Working with Clarion (Liming) -Developing Clarion for Windows Applications (Sams) -Using Clarion Professional Developer (Burgess) Other Clarion Stuff -LPM 2 / LPM 2.5 =96 books and floppies ...

Web resources about - How to run application made with Clarion for dos 3.102 on Windows XP? - comp.lang.clarion

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Purchase Apps Up, Refinance Apps Down in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 0.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.3%
After weeks of volatile interest rates, markets settled slightly last week, but that didn't help the mortgage business.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...

Plimsoll Buys Stake In Magnify Media; BAFTA Scholarship Applications Open – Global Briefs
UK and U.S.-based factual entertainment and wildlife producer Plimsoll Productions has acquired a minority stake in specialist distributor Magnify ...