From: "Mark Riffey"
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clarion
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: Has anyone heard from Gitano Software?

A week or so ago, he was having some rather severe house problems. He's
probably offline or heavily distracted because of that.

Mark

========================

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:25:35 -0800, P Hoberg wrote:

Has anyone heard from Jesus Moreno and/or his company, Gitano Software? I've
emailed him a few times, with no response.  I hope he is just sidetracked,
and nothing is wrong.  TIA, Paul

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Need help working out if a DB is clarion??
Guys, I have been informed that my site runs a Clarion DB. Here is a copy of the files http://203.8.189.31/ota_products/site_files/ Can someone confirm they are Clarion? If so, I am looking at populating MS access DB from the files, how is this done? Thanks for any help provided. first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to use odbc to convert ikrami2000@hotmail.com Thanks karim, So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? Thanks karim wrote: > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > use odbc to convert > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com send me your email adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > Thanks karim, > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > Thanks > karim wrote: > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > > use odbc to convert > > > > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com i got your email karim wrote: > send me your email > adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > > Thanks karim, > > > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > > > Thanks > > karim wrote: > > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > >...

Clarion Not Working
i have clarion 6.3 whitch is running under windows 2000 server after i install service pack three when i double click on ( c60ee ) nothing happen no open error message , i tried to delete all dll files and try run again nothing happend no error no runing i installed hotfix 9052 nothing happend what i can do ...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Clarion 2 entry fields fail but text fields work if specific programs installed on XP. Clarion 5 apps ok.
Hi, I have a large number of customers running a old Clarion 2 app which never needs to be changed. It would be very expensive to convert the app to Clarion 5 or 6 and no change to the logic will ever be required. It is perfect for its task as it is. When I run it on XP just after the operating system is installed it works fine. If I install a number of apps like Nvidia dual screen software and many others it stops working. The text controls are fine. The data in entry controls displays on the screen but is erased from the control as soon as the control is accepted. Clarion 5 apps using some identical windows run fine on the same computers. Has anyone else run across this problem and if so is there any fix other than converting the whole app to a later version of Clarion? All the best. John Nairn On 9 Feb 2004 19:11:25 -0800, john nairn wrote: > Has anyone else run across this problem and if so is there any fix > other than converting the whole app to a later version of Clarion? No idea what the cause of the problem is, but barring the use of some ugly (ie: work on cw2 only) or oddball 3rd party software, you should be able to open the cw2 app in c55 and compile and go. Probably in c6 too, but definitely in c55. Almost all of our legacy-based apps came to life under 1501, 2002 or 2003 and have been c5, c55 and partly c6 apps. Mark You should check for texel aligment in Nvidia display drivers. On default the slider for this option is set on 3, try other po...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

Need Clarion Developer
Hi, My company is based in Burlington, MA and is looking for a Clarion developer. Location in places other than MA is fine if able to telecommute effectively. Details are the following: Clarion Developer Maintenance of Current Product Desired applicant must have proven experience with references as Clarion Developer. Applicant must have excellent verbal communication skills, be self- motivated, and able to take ownership of assigned tasks. Applicant must have working knowledge of relational databases with proficiency in coding calls to database via stored procedures or embedded T-SQL to obtain data or insert/edit the same. This knowledge must include either Sybase or MSSQL. Successful candidate will be a solid performer, detail-oriented, and computer-science enthusiast who will contribute to implementation of organizational best-practices and work to improve work-flow and implement policies that reduce bugs through thorough design and solid testing practices. It will be in this candidate's innate or professional nature to improve efficiency and quality without being asked to do so. New Product Development Applicant must be able and willing to learn new technologies. New product development is performed in C# / ASP.NET. This position will transition from Clarion to ASP.NET within the next two to three years. General This is a full-time position for salaried or contract-to-hire employee. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:0...

Clarion Work in the UK
Hi there, Could anyone please give me some advice or point me to a recruitment agency that would be able get me a job as a Clarion Programmer in the United Kingdom? Thank you. Gisajob.com and jobserve.com was the one I used when scouting in the UK 3 years ago. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Nico" <nicoswan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8ed7354f.0311031613.186a636a@posting.google.com... > Hi there, > Could anyone please give me some advice or point me to a recruitment > agency that would be able get me a job as a Clarion Programmer in the > United Kingdom? > Thank you. Do you have a working permission for UK? "Nico" <nicoswan@hotmail.com> wrote in news:8ed7354f.0311031613.186a636a@posting.google.com... > Hi there, > Could anyone please give me some advice or point me to a recruitment > agency that would be able get me a job as a Clarion Programmer in the > United Kingdom? > Thank you. ...

what is clarion?
? A very powerful development system for building computer programs. Its primary focus is database applications, but it can be bent into a lot of different shapes by a knowledgable user. Tim "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? Hi VIJAY, (From a CodeSnip entry...) What Clarion really is: It is a database centric language with a code generating IDE, which will basically complete 70 - 80% of your DATA MAINTENANCE code after you designed your tables/files in the Data Dictionary. Then the IDE is used to develop the UNIQUE procedures for your application using many available templates and CODE EMBEDS in the templates. What basically is Clarion? 1) Clarion is actually an APPLICATION PROGRAMMING language and a code generating IDE. It is designed for easy usage while building data-intensive business computer applications. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database applications in that the Developer MUST determine what data is to be in the database and how that data is to be manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop the application. This is because the FIRST thing you must develop in the IDE are the data files using the Data Dictionary Utility. 2) Clarion has an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) which includes a data-dictionary utility so...

Clarion Developers Needed
I apologize if this is spam** I do not know if jobs are allowed here. Location: Allen, Tx Position: Clarion Developers Rate/Salary: Flex - market rate Type: Perm or contract to hire Required skills: Clarion(latest release), SQL, Desired: Credit Card Exp Description: DB input retrieval, UI design, processing of files, number calculations Start Date 1/2/05 (resumes reviewed asap) Send resumes for consideration to bbarber at @eteem dot com ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Clarion World Network & Top Clarion Programmers
The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated. Still looking for Clarion programmers or companies from some States and World countries: USA - Alaska, Delaware, Rhode Island, North & South Dakota, Wyoming. "One State - One Clarion programmer - One Clarion job - One Clarion project - One Success story - and More & More in the future, of course!" Best Regards! -- Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html \\ | // (o o) ~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products
Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products The Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange has maintained a version column in the online version for years: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html The format for this column is Clarion version plus ABC and/or Legacy Clarion Version - C5.5, C6.x, C7 - ABC, Legacy We are in the midst of some serious C7 updating for both the online AND web updated data version (use with Product Scope 7) of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange - We do display some C7 version support now - but MOST of our research is a work in progress and you can view the latest at this web page. http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks-c7-status-12-09-2008.html The next release of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange WILL include this updated information - online and web updated data version. NOTE - the list is grouped by Clarion Third Party vendors (all products displayed by MFG) - SO please - Clarion Third Party vendors - help your buying public, and do two things - send updated information about your products and specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support to the email address listed below Note the _Remove_ _Me_ in the address line Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com * * * AND, please update your web pages for support for specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support - some have stated C7 support - but it is difficult to find that on web pages - if you would even ...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

New Clarion Jobs & Top Clarion Programmers
Hi All Clarion fans! The Clarion Jobs Page was updated as well as the List of programmers and companies with Clarion technology. Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ...

Encourager Software Clarion 7 Blog
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 Clarion Roadmap - August 10 2006 - Robert Zaunere http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=72 "SoftVelocity President and CEO Robert Zaunere recently released an extremely informative and long awaited Clarion Roadmap for Clarion 7 and Clarion.Net future releases." Encourager Software maintains a dedicated Blog category for Clarion 7 related news. What does that mean to the average Clarion developer? Well, hopefully an easier place to bookmark and get significant Clarion 7 news as it is released. We try to give you a quick overview of the latest Clarion 7 news and point you to detailed press releases. This will include Clarion Third Party activity as well as information released from SoftVelocity. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

somebody has worked DigitalPersona with Clarion
Hi, I have many problems to implement DigitalPersona with Clarion. If somebody already did it, can help me? Thanks! ...

The World Network of Clarion programmers & New Clarion Jobs
Hi All Clarion fans! The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated and New Clarion Jobs found. Clarion developers are available in the best parts of the World, throughout all time-zones, on-site and remotelly as well. -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net The World Network of Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html ...

Not Clarion related
Hi there, I am facing some problems with the ACCPAC for WINDOWS at my customer's place, where I am programming their new Accounting System in Clarion. They are currently getting '49153' when the clients trying to access the database at the Server. Anyone has any ideas or clue? Thanks in advance. Kelvin Chua SINGAPORE Hi Ville, Thanks for the link, rebooting does not solve the problem. Thanks. Kelvin Chua SINGAPORE "Ville Vahtera" <ville.vahtera@are.fi> wrote in message news:3f2f8d8c$1@news.softvelocity.com... > > "Kelvin Chua" <REMOVEkelvinTHE@accproCAPITALS.com.sg> wrote in message > news:3f2f8aa2@news.softvelocity.com... > > Hi there, > > > > I am facing some problems with the ACCPAC for WINDOWS at my customer's > > place, where I am programming their new Accounting System in Clarion. > > > > They are currently getting '49153' when the clients trying to access the > > database at the Server. > > > > Anyone has any ideas or clue? > > http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/78/lev3/80/pid/631/qid/599733 > > HTH > > Regards, > -Ville > > ...

Clarion Programmer(s) needed
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144787603_1021092 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I am looking to find any competent Clarion developers in the Toronto/Windsor corridor who have the ability and the time to port legacy software into Clarion 5.5. This project is for an established company, and will involve software development and maintenance. This is a substantial project and quite possibly could take 8 to 12 months to complete. Compensation will reflect fair contract rates. Please respond on this thread if you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity. Al Mills --B_3144787603_1021092 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Clarion Programmer(s) needed</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I am looking to find any competent Clarion developers = in the Toronto/Windsor corridor who have the ability and the time to port le= gacy software into Clarion 5.5. &nbsp;This project is for an established com= pany, and will involve software development and maintenance. &nbsp;This is a= substantial project and quite possibly could take 8 to 12 months to complet= e.<BR> <BR> Compensation will reflect fair contract rates. &nbsp;<BR> &l...

Clarion 6 help needed
I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been coded using Clarion version 6. It is a small to medium size package that consists of some thirty or so forms. The software suffers from speed issues and design problems. The data is stored in TPS files. Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server. Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with the concepts of using Clarion. I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic Project. Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear multiple times. What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or rewriting the entire thing using VB or even C#. 1. Some column names are horrific and need refactoring. How does one do a simple search and replace? 2. What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset? 3. How do I copy a control from one form to another? 4. Where can I see the available events for a control? Thanks in advance, John John, IMO, Clarion 6 is better but there is a fairly steep learning curve. The reason for this is Clarion has 3 levels: the Clarion language, the Clarion Application generator, and the Clarion Template language. Learning the Clarion language would be equivalent to learning Visual Basic. To create a program with just the language, you would create a project (.prj). ...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Web resources about - I need some Clarion work performed for $ - comp.lang.clarion

Study: How Many Facebook, Social Network Users Performed Eight Political Activities?
As Facebook and other social networks continue to evolve, their impact increases with every election year . Pew Research Center ’s Internet & ...

"Cloud Chamber" subatomic particle duet performed at California Academy of Sciences - YouTube
"Cloud Chamber" A Duet for Violin and Subatomic Particles. Alexis Kirke, Antonino Chiaramonte, Anna Troisi, Eduardo Miranda. California Academy ...

Motorist who performed drift stunts, threw Molotov cocktails has UAE jail term upheld - The National
The Al Ain Court of Appeal heard the defendant had his 32 month jail term upheld for endangering other people's lives by performing dangerous ...

Jimmy Savile claimed to have performed sex acts on dead bodies, investigators say
Late BBC presenter Jimmy Savile sexually abused vulnerable patients in scores of British hospitals over decades and claimed to have performed ...

Paul Little says Bombers' board has performed 'exceptionally well'
Essendon chairman Paul Little has defended the performance of his board amid another tumultuous year, as voting opens for two vacant positions. ...

Disclosure review: The most fabulously unsuitable show ever performed at the Opera House
Young brothers Guy and Howard Lawrence, credited with rebooting British dance culture almost overnight, delivered the most fabulously unsuitable ...

Police search for man who filmed children, performed indecent act
Police are searching for a man that recorded children and performed an indecent act in his car in South Guildford in May.

Jimmy Savile claimed to have performed sex acts on dead bodies, investigators say
Late BBC presenter Jimmy Savile sexually abused vulnerable patients in scores of British hospitals over decades and claimed to have performed ...

Head of the Plastic Surgery Team who performed the first skull and scalp transplant speaks to NewsRadio ...
Doctors in the United States have performed what they say is the first skull and scalp transplant.

As Bill Cosby performed, Brenda Halloran told her story of abuse
"And you know, when you look back, you think it'll never happen to you. I was a strong woman and had a good job, and here I was," says former ...