Importing Btrieve tables in Clarion 6.1

Hi,

I have an application (Exact Globe for Windows v. 3.7) which uses a
Btrieve database engine (Pervasive.SQL 2000).  In the data directory, I
find the data files (*.BTR) and the files FILE.DDF, FIELD.DDF, INDEX.DDF,
GLBSET.DAT, EXACT.DD and X70062.DDC.

When I import a datafile in my dictionary (File, import table with the
"Pervasive.SQL (Btrieve)" file driver), only the first 4 fields are
imported correctly.  The remaining fields are not imported or grouped in
one field.

How can I successfully import the complete table ?
Can someone help me with this problem ?
Thanks.

Luc

lusme (2)

You might take a look at BtSearch32 at www.nssdd.com.  It allows you to
import or export to dbase or ascii formats.  Once in these formats you
can move the data to any other format desired.

Gil

"Luc De Smet" <lusme@skynet.be> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an application (Exact Globe for Windows v. 3.7) which uses a
> Btrieve database engine (Pervasive.SQL 2000).  In the data directory, I
> find the data files (*.BTR) and the files FILE.DDF, FIELD.DDF, INDEX.DDF,
> GLBSET.DAT, EXACT.DD and X70062.DDC.
>
> When I import a datafile in my dictionary (File, import table with the
> "Pervasive.SQL (Btrieve)" file driver), only the first 4 fields are
> imported correctly.  The remaining fields are not imported or grouped in
> one field.
>
> How can I successfully import the complete table ?
> Can someone help me with this problem ?
> Thanks.
>
> Luc

Hi Luc,

I think the 4 fields that you are getting are the key fields as that is the
only information stored in a Btrieve data file.  Try this:

Install Btrieve or Pervasive SQL if it's not already (download demo version
from pervasive.com if needed).

Setup an ODBC DSN to the directory where your DDF and BTR files are.

Use Clarion's ODBC driver to import the tables.

HTH,
Brad Kunkel
Integrated Business, Inc.

0
bkunkel1 (22)
1/21/2005 5:15:21 PM
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, I didn't had the time yet to try your
solution; other projects are getting a higher priority :-(

In the past, I had an Access database with an ODBC connection to the same
Btrieve application.  Every time I used this ODBC connection, the Btrieve
application crashed on several PC's.
It seemed to me that the ODBC connection used a table (or file) lock
instead of a record lock.

Do you know if I will have the same result with the ODBC connection that
you propose ?
Thanks for your help.

Luc De Smet
Greif Coordination Center
Belgium

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:15:21 -0700, Brad Kunkel
<bkunkel@ibisoftwareXthis.com> wrote:

> Hi Luc,
>
> I think the 4 fields that you are getting are the key fields as that is
> the
> only information stored in a Btrieve data file.  Try this:
>
> Install Btrieve or Pervasive SQL if it's not already (download demo
> version
> from pervasive.com if needed).
>
> Setup an ODBC DSN to the directory where your DDF and BTR files are.
>
> Use Clarion's ODBC driver to import the tables.
>
> HTH,
> Brad Kunkel
> Integrated Business, Inc.

lusme (2)
1/31/2005 8:35:08 PM
Hi Luc,

I don't have experience with Clarion using Access so I don't know what the
possible problems are.  What I was proposing is for you to use the ODBC
connection to import the Btrieve file structures into the Clarion
dictionary.  After that you can usually change the file driver on those
files to the Pervasive (Btrieve) driver.

HTH,
Brad Kunkel
Integrated Business, Inc.

> Hi Brad,
>
> Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, I didn't had the time yet to try your
> solution; other projects are getting a higher priority :-(
>
> In the past, I had an Access database with an ODBC connection to the same
> Btrieve application.  Every time I used this ODBC connection, the Btrieve
> application crashed on several PC's.
> It seemed to me that the ODBC connection used a table (or file) lock
> instead of a record lock.
>
> Do you know if I will have the same result with the ODBC connection that
> you propose ?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Luc De Smet
> Greif Coordination Center
> Belgium
>
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:15:21 -0700, Brad Kunkel
> <bkunkel@ibisoftwareXthis.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Luc,
>>
>> I think the 4 fields that you are getting are the key fields as that is
>> the
>> only information stored in a Btrieve data file.  Try this:
>>
>> Install Btrieve or Pervasive SQL if it's not already (download demo
>> version
>> from pervasive.com if needed).
>>
>> Setup an ODBC DSN to the directory where your DDF and BTR files are.
>>
>> Use Clarion's ODBC driver to import the tables.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Brad Kunkel
>> Integrated Business, Inc.
>>

> --

bkunkel1 (22)

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Clarion 6.1 and ClarioNet 6.0
Help, I can not get it installed right. I have used this product with c55ee and Clarionet 1.2 and 1.3 and had no problems. Now I can not make heads nor tails of the install. Why did it go from and easy install in 5.5 to this type of install. Nothing I try works and I have errors like you have never seen before, OK so you have seen them, so please help me fix mine. Thanks ...

Clarion 6.1???
Hi All, I cannot find the update for Clarion 6 to 6.1 anywhere (www.softvelocity.com)? Is this actually available, or is the banter on this news group about something else? "news.tpg.com.au" <zukowski_nospam@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:40e0b269$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi All, > > I cannot find the update for Clarion 6 to 6.1 anywhere > (www.softvelocity.com)? Is this actually available, or is the banter on this > news group about something else? > > Check this link: http://www.softvelocity.com/clarion/c61.htm Regards, Oggy ...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

RTF in Clarion 6.1
With Clarion 5.5 Gold, I have built applications with some procedures that use the RTF exension. Now, with Clarion 6.1, it seems that these procedures do not work any longer. So itis a big problem for me. Instructions like : status = oRTF_RTFTextBox._Print(1, 'JobTitle' ) or oRTF_RTFTextBox.Paste() produce errors during compilation (unknown procedure and others..). I noticed that the following files do not exist in Clarion 6.1 : C60RTF.INC Rich Text Class Definition C60RTFL.INC Rich Text Class Definition Local Compile C60RTF.dll Rich Text DLL C60RTF.lib Rich Text LIB C60RTFL.lib Rich Text Local LIB These files are mentionned in the book ABC Library Reference. Is there anybody that has any explication, response or solution ? It would be nice. Thanks ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Clarion 6.1 and Bluetooth
Hello! I'm trying to code an app (in C6.1 build 9028, W2K) that is able to send an receive data via bluetooth. Does anyone know how to do this or where to find more information? Thanx for the help, Nick Nicolas Ott * AME Systemberatung * 75391 Gechingen * Germany ...

Clarion 6.1 Further Errors
Yesterday I had a problem when upgrading from c6.0 to c6.1. Russell helped diagnose the fact that I had an old version of C60runx.dll lying around. I got rid of the old version of the dll but now, on this one application, I get the error on compile of "The procedure entry point _7control_AdjustForBorder@FR7tagRECTUI could not be located in the dynamic link library c60runx.dll" Can anyone help with this please? Milton Compile local. If you get a clean compile, you still have an old runtime on your search path (autoexec or redirection file). I would suggest doing a search for files named c60runx.dll on all your drives. -- Russ Eggen www.radfusion.com "Milton Kirkwood" <milton.kirkwood@australiankitchenindustries.com.au> wrote in message news:5de7b6ce.0406282325.68061d8a@posting.google.com... Yesterday I had a problem when upgrading from c6.0 to c6.1. Russell helped diagnose the fact that I had an old version of C60runx.dll lying around. I got rid of the old version of the dll but now, on this one application, I get the error on compile of "The procedure entry point _7control_AdjustForBorder@FR7tagRECTUI could not be located in the dynamic link library c60runx.dll" Can anyone help with this please? Milton Thank you Russell - you have been a big help and all problems have been resolved. I ended up copying app to a new directory and renaming all old directories to remove them from any path statements and this fixed the problem....

Clarion 6.1 Error
Since installing the 6.1 upgrade to Clarion 6 Professional I have had an error on one of my applications. The error message reads "The procedure entry point Cla$DEBUGHOOK could not be located in the dynamic link library c60runx.dll". This only happens on one application and the rest compile okay. Can anyone please help? Milton You have an older version of c60runx laying about. Check 3rd party\bin or do a search. -- Russ Eggen www.radfusion.com "Milton Kirkwood" <milton.kirkwood@australiankitchenindustries.com.au> wrote in message news:5de7b6ce.0406272157.47c78835@posting.google.com... Since installing the 6.1 upgrade to Clarion 6 Professional I have had an error on one of my applications. The error message reads "The procedure entry point Cla$DEBUGHOOK could not be located in the dynamic link library c60runx.dll". This only happens on one application and the rest compile okay. Can anyone please help? Milton Thanks Russell - you were quite correct. I had a copy in the application directory as this app gets published to a network drive and needs a copy of the .dll in the network directory. Milton "Russell B. Eggen" <r.eggen@MUNGEgte.netNYETSPAM> wrote in message news:<w_TDc.13662$x9.3640@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>... > You have an older version of c60runx laying about. Check 3rd party\bin or > do a search. > > -- > Russ Eggen > www.radfusion.com > > > "Milton Kirkwood&quo...

Clarion 6.1 and FoxPro driver
I haven't totally pinned it down yet but there appears to be an issue with FoxPro files, using the FoxPro 2.6 drivers with Clarion 6.1 Apps that used to work OK under Clarion 6 now fail when re-compiled under 6.1. Invalid data structure error. The data structure of the file has not changed. I can still browse the files from the Dictionary editor but the app crashes. It appears to relate to the record length of the FoxPro file. David Beahan. ...

hotfix to Clarion 6.1 failing
Hi, I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I haven't patched my copy of Clarion 6.1 build 9016 in awhile so I downloaded the hotfixes from the website. When installing the first fix (9026) the hotfix fails with the following information: File failed file checking: c:\clarion6\bin\c60run.dll. It repeats this message for what I believe are the rest of the files in the hotfix. Did I miss a hotfix (or several) between 9016 and 9026 and that's why I can't perform the update? If that's the case, can you tell me where I can get the missing hotfix files? Thanks in advance for the assistance. Regards, Bill Bill Marquardt wrote: > Hi, > > I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I haven't patched my > copy of Clarion 6.1 build 9016 in awhile so I downloaded the hotfixes > from the website. When installing the first fix (9026) the hotfix fails > with the following information: File failed file checking: > c:\clarion6\bin\c60run.dll. It repeats this message for what I believe > are the rest of the files in the hotfix. > > Did I miss a hotfix (or several) between 9016 and 9026 and that's why I > can't perform the update? > > If that's the case, can you tell me where I can get the missing hotfix > files? > > Thanks in advance for the assistance. > > Regards, > > Bill You must remove hotfix 9016, and start with fix 9026, and following that 9027, 902...

Clarion 6.1 hotfixes help
Hi everyone i skip some hotfixes from clarion website. Now my 6.1 is version 9017 but on softvelocity website i can start download hotfixes only from 9026. Anyone can help to find the missing hotfixes for clarion 6.1 enterprise ? thanks in advance! Giuseppe In article <ZDSxh.18431$qN4.466448@twister1.libero.it>, pippo@pippo.com says... > Hi everyone > i skip some hotfixes from clarion website. Now my 6.1 is version 9017 but on > softvelocity website i can start download hotfixes only from 9026. > Anyone can help to find the missing hotfixes for clarion 6.1 enterprise ? > thanks in advance! > Giuseppe You might find it easier buying the SMP at USD $150 and get the latest available CD and do hotfixes from that point. Product Description - Simple Maintenance Program (SMP), MFG - SoftVelocity Internet Link - http://www.softvelocity.com/clarion/subscribe.htm You should also consider the Core Subscription Program - after all the waiting, Clarion 7 release is probably very soon - USD $800 for enterprise. Of course, call or email SoftVelocity to find specific information about your upgrade options. This blog is dated (that sale is not currently running), but lots of information: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 Product Description - Core Subscription Program - EE, MFG - SoftVelocity Internet Link - http://www.softvelocity.com/clarion/subscribe.htm AND you will get more response by posting this question on the: SoftVelocity news ser...

RTF box in Clarion 6.1
Hi all, With Clarion 5.5 Gold, I have built applications with some procedures that use the RTF exension. Now, with Clarion 6.1, it seems that these procedures do not work any longer. So it is a big problem for me. Instructions like : status = oRTF_RTFTextBox._Print(1, 'JobTitle' ) or oRTF_RTFTextBox.Paste() produce errors during compilation (unknown procedure and others..). I noticed that the following files do not exist in Clarion 6.1 : C60RTF.INC Rich Text Class Definition C60RTFL.INC Rich Text Class Definition Local Compile C60RTF.dll Rich Text DLL C60RTF.lib Rich Text LIB C60RTFL.lib Rich Text Local LIB These files are mentionned in the Clarion 6 book ABC Librar Reference. Is there anybody that has any explication, response or solution ? It would be nice. Thank - La ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Did you find any solution? I found the RTFclass in RTFCTL.INC and RTFCTL.CLW. But a problem is remainig: I want to use some of the methods described in the documentation (e.g. FONT), but these are not availabe in RTFCTL.INC and RTFCTL.CLW. Monika this newsgroup on google is basicly not updated and been seen by the normal newsgroup readers like outlook, there is where the clarion activity is going on, not on this google for login: news.softvelocity.com :-) menno this newsgroup on google is b...

Clarion 6.1 Build 9028
I have an application with C6.1 Pro on Windows XP Professional. If I make and run the application from within the IDE window the reports will preview and print. However, if I run the exe from the windows run or from an icon, the print programs process the records but the print preview and the printed report do not process. This is a Multi-Dll application. All modules are set to the cooperative thread model and none of the procedures are using the preemptive thread model. I would appreciate any help on this problem. Thanks, Jerry Dennison Does it do this with one of the example applications? -- Russ Eggen www.radfusion.com "Jerry Dennison" <support@duo-county.com> wrote in message news:d786fa9d.0410210753.37d702b6@posting.google.com... I have an application with C6.1 Pro on Windows XP Professional. If I make and run the application from within the IDE window the reports will preview and print. However, if I run the exe from the windows run or from an icon, the print programs process the records but the print preview and the printed report do not process. This is a Multi-Dll application. All modules are set to the cooperative thread model and none of the procedures are using the preemptive thread model. I would appreciate any help on this problem. Thanks, Jerry Dennison I haven't tried the example apps, but I will today and let you know. Thanks, Jerry Dennison "Russell B. Eggen" <r.eggen@MUNGEgte.netNYETSPAM> wrote in m...

Clarion 6.1 and WINSOCK / BLUETOOTH
Hello, I'd like to use the Windows XP API that allows me to access Bluetooth via MS Winsock. Does anybody have experience with that or at least one of the to API-Families? Thanks for your help in advance! Cheers, Nick ...

::: Data Conversion
I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 How would I go about converting this data? Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Clarion 5.5 will read and write Clarion DOS v2.109 .dat files just fine. If the files are from a version earlier than v2.109 then deleting the key (.kxx) files and opening the files in Clarion 5.5 should convert them for you. The changes are in the keys. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT, Kevin Willis wrote: > I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX > files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 > > How would I go about converting this data? > > Kevin Willis > klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Greg is right - leaving them in the Clarion data format is fine. We've done this a fiar bit when migrating dos apps to windows - we leave the data strucutres "untouched". This allows for both Dos & windows programs to work at the same time, and makes for a very smooth change-over. After that you can use File Manager 3 (www.capesoft.com) to painlessly convert it to any of the other structures that clarion offers. cheers Bruce "Gregory C. Bailey" <lanmicro@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1eafcs476r233.1tnzabpamab0r.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi Kevin, > > Clarion 5.5 will read and write Cla...

Clarion IP driver/Clarion 6
I had a production Clarion IP Server running on a Windows XP machine (a VM Guest). All but three of my Data managers have been unloaded and do not appear on the list of installable DLL's. I have a development server running and all is ok, but I un-installed the IP Server, deleted it, copied the working one and installed it, but when I refreshed the data managers, it removed the same ones. I have made a new VM...a Windows 7 Ultimate, installed the IP server from the Development machine, but this also removes and refuses to load the same data managers. What am I missing? El jue...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Clarion 5.5/6.1 and MySQL
hy, i'm trying to switch to mysql (4.0.12, running on gentoo-linux, kernel 2.4.6 ) via odbc(3.5.1/3.5.2) on C5EE and C6.1 (from XP SP2). on C55/odbc3.5.1: Table-Import (even multi) works fine, but if i want to browse i get the message: "table does not exist, do you want to create" (if i then try to create: "driver error 1 - odbc.dll could not be loaded") nearly the same happens with C61/odbc3.5.2 - with one difference: i'm able to create an application and run it one time from the ide - leaving Clarion and trying to do this once more gives me the same messages. the table is very simple (one long and one string column) and I did not use any odbc- or clarion-options. what's wrong with me ??? please help; edmond ...

Clarion 6.1 and Windows XP Pro
I have just installed Clarion on a new laptop and everytime I try to compile a program it crashes, saying the 16 bit subsystem has become unstable. I have contacted Softvelocities tech support and we went the the whole process of adding a local printer to the lpt1 port as well as a registry change that was suggested in the FAQ's. When we were done, I was basically told that there was nothing further they could do. The laptop does not have a physical LPT port, I know that should not be a factor, because the previous laptop did not have one either and I never experienced this issue. My question is, does anyone else have this problem and what work arounds did you find without having to upgrade. I could really use the help. Thanks Anthony asanfilippo70 wrote: > I have just installed Clarion on a new laptop and everytime I try to > compile a program it crashes, saying the 16 bit subsystem has become > unstable. > > I have contacted Softvelocities tech support and we went the the whole > process of adding a local printer to the lpt1 port as well as a > registry change that was suggested in the FAQ's. When we were done, I > was basically told that there was nothing further they could do. > The laptop does not have a physical LPT port, I know that should not be > a factor, because the previous laptop did not have one either and I > never experienced this issue. > > My question is, does anyone else have this problem and what...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

Clarion ReportWriter 6.1 and Cannot find C60MSSS.DLL
Hi, I've Clarion ReportWriter 6.1 on Windows 2000. When I try to open Open a new report libary and I choose database MSSQL it appers Cannot find C60MSSS.DLL. Maybe someone knew a awnser how resolve my problem. ...

Informations for those who use RTF control in Clarion 6.1
My intention is to save the whole content of the rich text box in a field. In Clarion 5.5, this was performed by oRTF_RTFTextBox.save(myfield) In Clarion 6.1, this seems to be performed by the provided code template RTFAction. But this code template RTFaction (Load and Save) seems not to work if you put parameters as indicated, i.e. the instruction RTFcontrol8.SAVE(param1,param2) is not accepted during compilation ( 8 is the number given by the procedure using the RTF control), although this instruction is generated by the code template. After some invetigations and tests, I found that, in Clarion 6.1, saving the whole content of a rich text box is now performed by a simple 'update' instruction. Example : RTFcontrol8.FindAndReplace('ToBeReplaced','TheReplacingWords') ! (above : replacing action ) update ! This save the whole content of the RICH text box ! into the control field Other informations : RTFControl8.SelectText(1,len(myControlTextBoxField)) ! ( above : highlights whole text ) RTFcontrol8.GetText(MyField,,) saves the selected text, ! without RICH defintion RTFcontrol8.SetText() I use this to replace the paste ! function after I put some words into ! the clipboard. I hope these information will be helpful. Thanks ...

Web resources about - Importing Btrieve tables in Clarion 6.1 - comp.lang.clarion

Facebook Expands Feed Connect (er, Feed Importing) to More Sites
About six weeks ago, Facebook launched Feed Importing for the first time, allowing users to connect their Facebook accounts to Flickr, Yelp, ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Thousands sign petition urging an end importing of primates for medical research
... inquiry has revealed horrific practices in the name of medical research. A petition with more than 14,000 signatures calling for a ban on importing ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Former supervisor at Victoria's desalination plant jailed for importing marketable quantity of cocaine ...
A former supervisor at Victoria's $4 billion desalination plant who&nbsp;snorted cocaine he imported from Mexico to feed his habit and sell,&nbsp;cope ...

Importing nannies is not the right solution for Australia's childcare crisis
Migrant domestic workers: is that the answer for Australia or is it exploitation?

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...