Is there anyone using Clarion 5 and IBM UDB DB2

Hi!

We would like to exchange information with people who have used (or
have been using) DB2 and Clarion 5 (Legacy). Do you have any major
problem? Is DB2 a good choice for using together with Clarion 5 (Not
5.5)?

P.S: We are thinking in using Cowboy (SQL Template)

Thanks in advance

Jorge,

We were using a windows DB2 database for testing and we didn't have a
specific problem with C5. (You just need to know how to administrate
UDB-DB2 as your database grows). The performance and stability were
OK.

Currently we are using a C55 application in AS/400 and even I wouldn't
say is the best combination for a Client/Server solution, it works
fine.

Be sure to create the tables in DB2 first and then import the
definitions on your dictionary. Also check if your OBCD drivers are
up-to-date.

Ernesto Franchi

jorgemcsantos@bol.com.br (Jorge Santos) wrote in message news:<997fc93.0406071201.3ef5952d@posting.google.com>...
> Hi!
>
> We would like to exchange information with people who have used (or
> have been using) DB2 and Clarion 5 (Legacy). Do you have any major
> problem? Is DB2 a good choice for using together with Clarion 5 (Not
> 5.5)?
>
> P.S: We are thinking in using Cowboy (SQL Template)
>
> Thanks in advance
0
efranchi (2)

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Clarion 5 (not 5.5) Enterprise Edition Legacy and POSTGRESQL! Does anyone have any experience!
Hi! We are about to start a migration from TPS to Postgresql, but we would like to hear some "tales" from people who have already made that migration! The problem they have faced, point where is impossible to use SQL, thing like that! Thanks in advance ...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Using MySQL with Clarion 5.5, Cannot update record
I am trying to convert my clarion tables to MySQL, but whenever I try to update a record I receive a: Record being updated by another station message. I have seen some entries in this group on possible solutions to this problem, but nothing has worked. Any ideas on how I can do away this error. Is there anything else I need to do other than setting the external name on every column and changing the driver to ODBC. It seems that if I bring the table layout using the MySQL table as the source it sometimes works. But I already have an application and this is not an option. I shouldn't have to re-create my tables. I'm using MySQL 5.0 and the 3.51 version of the ODBC driver. These are pretty up to date. ...

Clarion 5.5 encrypting text files using PGP
We are planning on using PGP to encrypt our poll files. I heard a rumour that there is an executable that I can call from a clarion program that will run command line PGP encryption for the files. If you have done this or know about the executable, I would really appreciate any advice or information you can share with me. Thank you. ...

Using the CLARION 5.5 ODBC driver to connect to Sybase
Has anybody had an experience in using the CLARION 5.5 ODBC driver to connect to Sybase? Any problems? Any hints? Thanks Gavin ...

How do I create PIE graphs and Bar charts using Clarion 5.5
Does anybody know how to create pie graphs and bar charts using Clarion 5.5 ? Do I need to use a 3rd party addon ? We use Insight Graphing from CapeSoft. Works great, is easy to use and you can select from a huge selection of different charts. Adding a legend is done with a few filling in a few prompts. Of course, Crystal Reports is also a good choice if you want reports with graphs and so on. HTH, Dries "Tony740613" <antonio_p@ananzi.co.za> wrote in message news:60jagvclv23kc3b684preqr3humlbvguef@4ax.com... > Does anybody know how to create pie graphs and bar charts using > Clarion 5.5 ? Do I need to use a 3rd party addon ? ...

How do I create pie graphs, bar charts using Clarion 5.5
ANybody know how I can create pie graphs and bar charts using Clarion 5.5 ? Are there any addons available or is there a way to use Clarion ? Thanks Tony Tony There's Capesofts Insight Graphing www.capesoft.com or Softmasters Office Templates www.softmasters.com Cheers "Tony740613" <antonio_p@ananzi.co.za> wrote in message news:m4jagvksse17mui0dj7pa0kkcrbcik3a1m@4ax.com... > ANybody know how I can create pie graphs and bar charts using Clarion > 5.5 ? Are there any addons available or is there a way to use Clarion > ? > > Thanks > > Tony Hi Tony, Our Insight Graphing product does this for you. see www.capesoft.com (actually the com site seems to be experiencing problems today, so you might like to look at www.capesoft.co.za instead...) Cheers Bruce Johnson CapeSoft "Tony740613" <antonio_p@ananzi.co.za> wrote in message news:m4jagvksse17mui0dj7pa0kkcrbcik3a1m@4ax.com... > ANybody know how I can create pie graphs and bar charts using Clarion > 5.5 ? Are there any addons available or is there a way to use Clarion > ? > > Thanks > > Tony ...

Clarion 5.5
Hi, We have a project that was written using Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. The original project was developed outside our company, but we have to be able to do at least simple modifications or bug fixes ourselves in the future. We have no prior experience with Clarion, but we will be able to get help with basics of Clarion development. However, we need to get a copy of Clarion 5.5 and SocketWrench. We would prefer not to work with the latest version of Clarion, because we don't want to have to deal with any incompatibilities or porting issues. But when I contacted Soft Velocity about this, they say they no longer sell version 5.5. Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a license? mvh., David Brown Norway. On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown <david.brown@removethis.hesbynett.no> wrote: >Does anyone here know how and where we can legally get a license and >installation media for this version of Clarion? Is it something that >people can sell second-hand, and if so is there anyone who can sell us a >license? Ask here http://www.softvelocity.com/ There is a forum just for Clarion, but you need a Clarion license to join. /Hans On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:32:33 +0200, David Brown wrote: > Hi, > > We have a...

Pictures Using Clarion 5
How can I allow my user to enter or select a picture to be added to the application. The picture address must be hard coded into the application. How can I assign a variable for the picture so the user can select from a list or enter in a field? Thanks, Robert Ruland Hi Robert, You should go to the --- news.softvelocity.com --- newsgroup which has a lot more activity on it and you will get more and faster answers to your questions. -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Robert Ruland" <plant@bdrsystems.com> wrote in message news:47fe0e37$0$19782$1e6826b@news.chesco.com... > How can I allow my user to enter or select a picture to be added to the > application. The picture address must be hard coded into the application. > How can I assign a variable for the picture so the user can select from a > list or enter in a field? > > Thanks, > > Robert Ruland > ...

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

Does anyone use Clarion on Linux (Wine)?
Hi! Let me know if one of you are using Clarion 5.5 on Linux! Thanks in advance! Jean F�bio Barros wrote: > Hi! > > Let me know if one of you are using Clarion 5.5 on Linux! > I tried it, but it didnt work. On the WineHQ you can vote (and suggest) for applications that will get support in Wine. If some of us vote for it and create a donation box, I think we can get the people behind Wine to add support for Clarion. ...

::: Data Conversion
I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 How would I go about converting this data? Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Clarion 5.5 will read and write Clarion DOS v2.109 .dat files just fine. If the files are from a version earlier than v2.109 then deleting the key (.kxx) files and opening the files in Clarion 5.5 should convert them for you. The changes are in the keys. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT, Kevin Willis wrote: > I have several Clarion DOS v2.1 DOS data files with keys - .DAT and .KXX > files respectively - that I'd like to convert over to Clarion 5.5 > > How would I go about converting this data? > > Kevin Willis > klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > ICQ:32805500 Hi Kevin, Greg is right - leaving them in the Clarion data format is fine. We've done this a fiar bit when migrating dos apps to windows - we leave the data strucutres "untouched". This allows for both Dos & windows programs to work at the same time, and makes for a very smooth change-over. After that you can use File Manager 3 (www.capesoft.com) to painlessly convert it to any of the other structures that clarion offers. cheers Bruce "Gregory C. Bailey" <lanmicro@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1eafcs476r233.1tnzabpamab0r.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi Kevin, > > Clarion 5.5 will read and write Cla...

I am attempting to run clarion 5.5 on my computer running XP and I get a "16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error" It says that the VDD format in the registry is invalid. I have reloaded the VDD file and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks ...

::: Clarion 5.5 Books :::
I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the US to Southern Califorinia. Thankyou, Kevin Willis ICQ:32805500 SoftVelocity usually delivers the books fast with FedEx "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> skrev i melding news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full set of Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition books. > > The PDF's are good, but I'll need the hardbound copies within this week. > > If you have them, please contact me at: klwillis.dsl@verizon.net > > I'll need to know the total amount when shipping Fed Ex. 2nd Day in the > US to Southern Califorinia. > > Thankyou, > > Kevin Willis > ICQ:32805500 Kevin, I believe that C55 shipped with just the PDF's and you could purchase the manuals separately. C5 shipped the hard bound manuals. There is a link in the chat group to someone who is selling a complete set of C5 manuals on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3639104785&category=3773&rd=1 HTH's Mike Gould "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a234535d5f299fc989727@news.verizon.net... > I'm looking for the full...

Share Clarion 5.5
Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu Dear Erwin, Contact me on ericleungsaikeung@gmail.com if you need this. Eric Erwin wrote: > Any one have an old Clarion 5.5 software? > I really need it to try my clarion programming in windows. > Because I need my browse can use EIP with DropDown menu ...

Clarion 5.5 Applications

Installing Clarion 5.5
Hi All I am trying to install Clarion 5.5 on a Windows XP machine, but gets the following error message: The Win16 subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, Dosx.exe must be in you AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your path. The Dosx.exe is in the Autoexec.nt file, but what path are they referring to. Please help Nazla ...

Anyone using Accord Forms in thier Clarion app?
Hello, Does anyone know how to use Accord Forms with Clarion. From what I understand, you can enter the data in a standard Clarion form, then somehow map the fields to specific fields on the Accord Forms form. I'm working on an Insurance Agency program and competitors have this capability. Thanks! Ed CW5b, ABC Please Explain or send your request to my email: ikrami2000@hotmail.com ...

Re: How to use SQL server as a Backend in clarion 5
Dear All, I am just joining this group. i have to know about how to connect Sql Server as a backend in clarion 5. Thanking You. Snehal ...

How to export MEMO field data from Clarion 5.5 / 5.0
Hi, This is John form India. Can anyone guide me How to export data from a MEMO field. We try to migrate data from a .DAT file to a MS SQL Server table.That .DAT file has got a memo field. We don't know how to migrate that MEMO field data to SQL Server. When I had a chance of reding all the queries on MEMO field by IAN I thought of having the same solution. Your guidance is most appreciated... ...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Should I Use Clarion?
In a past life I was a C-language programmer, UNIX environment. I have left that behind, and purchased a small equipment rental business, in which I have to track a few hundred pieces of equipment in a few dozen locations. The previous owner used a spreadsheet for this; clearly it is (or should be) a database application, but "if the only tool you know how to use is a hammer, every problem tends to look like a nail." This will not be very large, in terms of the data being tracked. Multi-user access is not a requirement. Not being familiar with PC database tools, I have considered Microsoft Access and FileMaker -- I'm not familiar with either of them. I was told that Clarion might be a good choice. Whatever I choose, I'll definitely have a learning curve in front of me. In terms of available training manuals, aftermarket documentation, etc., Access is the front-runner, by far. I would appreciate any comments / thoughts from the Clarion users here. Also, in view of the fairly limited scope of my needs, I certainly should not need the latest and greatest version. There are probably people in this group who have upgraded one or more times, and might have a fairly recent version of Clarion for sale. If so, I would appreciate hearing from you. If location is significant, I'm in central Florida (Orlando area). Email, if you have a used version for sale, is "LRD at Lee-Reid dot com" -- does this keep the spammers from harv...

bind and evaluate in Clarion 5.5
Hi I'm would like to use evaluate and have written the following test program. I works only partly. The procedure AllCapsFunc are executed via Evaluate but it does not return a value into StringVar. Why? Hope that you can help map AllCapsFunc procedure(string), string end Person group,pre(PERS),bindable FirstName string(20) LastName string(20) end NameStr string(20) StringVar string(20) result string(255) bind('FirstName',PERS:FirstName) bind('StringVar',StringVar) bind('SomeFunc',AllCapsFunc) bind('NameStr',NameStr) NameStr='jesper' Person.FirstName = 'Jesper' Person.LastName = 'Nielsen' StringVar = 'peter' result = evaluate('StringVar=SomeFunc(FirstName)') message('3:'&clip(result)) case clip(result) of '' if ErrorCode() message('Error ' & errorcode() & ' -- ' & Error()) else message('Unknown error') end of '0' message('no bind: ' & clip(StringVar)) of '1' message('result: '& clip(StringVar)) end return AllCapsFunc procedure(str) code message('1:'&clip(str)) str=upper(str) message('2:'&clip(str)) return(str) Regards Jesper Hi Jesper, > I works only partly. The procedure AllCapsFunc are executed via > Evaluate but it does not return a value into StringVar. Why? With ...

Web resources about - Is there anyone using Clarion 5 and IBM UDB DB2 - comp.lang.clarion

Clarion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clarion, Illinois , U.S. Clarion, Iowa , U.S. Clarion, Pennsylvania , U.S. Clarion, Utah , U.S., a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony ...

The Clarion-Ledger - Jackson, MS news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
Jackson, MS Mississippi News - clarionledger.com is the home page of Jackson, MS Mississippi with in depth and updated Jackson, MS local news. ...

Captain Clarion (@citizensrock) on Twitter

The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Clarion-Ledger Print Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Banksy in SF on Clarion Alley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... photos on Flickr. atlasrising has uploaded 128 photos to Flickr. hey there - great capture, i LOVE this piece. but... it was not on clarion ...

RMI President Address to the World: "A clarion call from the climate change frontline" - YouTube
As world leaders prepare to gather in New York for the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit, the President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, ...

State of Origin: Blues' clarion call pivotal in getting Trent Hodkinson over the line
A simple "Blues" call was all it took for Trent Hodkinson to end Queensland's State of Origin dominance. The laconic halfback, who has gained ...

Clarion call for teenagers is to violence not religion, says terrorism expert
Violence is being sold to the young as an empowering and self-satisfying blow against the West.

Review: Incipio’s new Clarion, Faraday & Tuxen folio cases offer three small twists on iPad Air 2 protection ...
... to plastic iPad holders, varying more in the particulars than the broad strokes. We’re taking a quick look today at three cases: Clarion ($35), ...

Hands-on with the Clarion AX1 car stereo with SwiftKey
The Clarion AX1, a new car stereo running Android, has the SwiftKey keyboard built in. We take it for a spin at CES.