Misc info on Clarion compared with other database environments (like VFP or Access)

Hi,

I'm a developer with about 15 years of programming, starting from DOS to
Windows and Linux, and using a broad range of programming environments
across the time, from Turbo Pascal, C and C++ in different flavours, from
FoxBase+ to latest Visual FoxPro, many versions of dBase, Access, some web
developement with ASP, PHP, ASP.NET, etc, but never used Clarion before.

Lately I got a request to develop a project in this environment.
I'll appreciate any comments and thoughts about it, and maybe some
comparations with other languages I told I already know (especially with
those database - related, like FoxPro or Access).

Regards
Marius

Hi Marius,

What Clarion really is:

<Copy/Paste from a CodeSnip(c) entry>

It is a database centric language with code generating IDE,
which will basically complete 70 - 80% of your DATA
MAINTENANCE code after you designed your tables/files
in the Data Dictionary.  Then the IDE is used to develop
the UNIQUE procedures for your application using many
available templates and CODE EMBEDS in the templates.

What basically is Clarion?

1) Clarion is actually an APPLICATION PROGRAMMING
language and a code generating IDE.  It is designed for
easy usage while building data-intensive business
computer applications.

1)a. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database
applications in that the Developer MUST determine what
data is to be in the database and how that data is to be
manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop the application.
This is because the FIRST thing you must develop in the
IDE are the data files using the Data Dictionary Utility.

2) Clarion has an Integrated Design Environment (IDE)
which includes a data-dictionary utility so you can define
all your data-elements using it and then maintain and
reuse them easily.  I would compare the theory behind
using Clarion's IDE to using a word processor to write a
book or using a spreadsheet application to design a
feature rich multi sheet/page complex spreadsheet.

3) Clarion has a large collection of templates including
3rd party templates and many are free or very reasonably
priced.  These templates are used as a type interface
in the IDE that permit you to automatically generate and
EASILY MAINTAIN code generated by the templates
and also based upon the contents of your data-dictionary
and user-interface prompts you select.  The templates
have "embeds" where you can - with appropriate
knowledge - override, modify and maintain the "normal"
behavior of your templates to provide extra features
that are needed in the application.  You can also
develop applications by hand-coding in the Clarion
language or in the IDE using code, window control
or procedure extension templates.

4) Using the ABC templates uses a set of OOP classes
(special reuseable procedures) that interface with the
templates thereby getting the benefit of REUSEABLE CODE.
ABC (Application Builder Class) templates are OOP
oriented.  The Clarion templates are not OPP oriented
but are Procedure Oriented.  Sometimes the Clarion
Templates are referred to as Legacy Templates and
they are used in the older Procedure Style.
The later releases of Clarion support both styles.

Clarion supports Win32 programming:

 5.)  A flip of the switch and you are compiling in 32-bit.
You can use any API calls.  Things like COM and XML
are available as "add-ons" from Soft Velocity and 3rd party
developers.

Using some of the excellent 3rd party add-on products,
especially in the beginning,  instead of
fighting through it by hand is a good idea.

Clarion has native database support with it's
included set of drivers:

Natively, it supports ASCII, Basic, DbaseIII,
dBaseIV, Clarion, Clipper, FoxPro, Topspeed,
MS-SQL, Oracle, generic ODBC.

There are other drivers and some of them would require either
having the Enterprise edition or buy the drivers as an add-on to the
Professional version of the package.

Links to informative sites follow:

http://www.softvelocity.com/c6ea/index.html

http://www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm
http://www.kwiksystems.com/
http://www.clarionfoundry.com/
http://www.clarionpublisher.com/
http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html
http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/
http://www.clarionkb.com/
http://www.openclarion.org/ir_chat.shtml
http://www.par2.com/
http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html
http://home.thezone.net/~afinn/index.html
http://www.clarionmag.com

If someone has not been included that should have been please inform.

--
Best Regards,
Earl R Coker

"bm" <outsource_soft@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm a developer with about 15 years of programming, starting from DOS to
> Windows and Linux, and using a broad range of programming environments
> across the time, from Turbo Pascal, C and C++ in different flavours, from
> FoxBase+ to latest Visual FoxPro, many versions of dBase, Access, some web
> developement with ASP, PHP, ASP.NET, etc, but never used Clarion before.
>
> Lately I got a request to develop a project in this environment.
> I'll appreciate any comments and thoughts about it, and maybe some
> comparations with other languages I told I already know (especially with
> those database - related, like FoxPro or Access).
>
> Regards
> Marius

0
Earl
11/17/2003 9:38:08 PM
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:38:08 -0600, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT
machlink DOT com> wrote:

>1)a. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database
>applications in that the Developer MUST determine what
>data is to be in the database and how that data is to be

I think this can be misunderstand - it seems to say that you have to
create the data, and it's then frozen. I develop in VFP, and C++, and
Perl, and lost of other things, and for me, one of the biggest
advantages with Clarion is that I can change the data dictionary with
less impact than any other language.

Clarion does fail to handle upgrading the real data tables when the
dictioray changes, but I purchased a 3rd party add on that handles
that.

The dictionary is what VFP's DBC should have been, and even with add
ons lile Stonefield, FoxPro's dictionary cannot even come close.

I spend more time programming in VFP, then Clarion,because thats where
the money is, and thats what clients want, but in Clarion in can
develop much faster than VFP, probably a quarter of less of the time
spend, and I can routinely change the data, add fields, change field
sizes, there is a lot of features that will regenerate code and screen
layouts when this happens.

However, unlike FoxPro, Visual Basic - you do not have an interactive
window where you can type in commands, and the debugging is not
anything as easy.

The third party support of Clarion is very good. I have some tools
that can add features that make absolute killer applications, would
take months to add some of these features manually.

0
2a62hpl02 (29)

Clarion and Access Database
Hi, I need example code for changing record in access database. Thank you! Hi, Just connect (ado if you got v6.x) and use standard CW commands , browses, forms ? -- MVH Tor-Bjarne Henriksen WinVask Systems AS "We make IT easy" Http://www.fakturaprogram.no Http://www.winvask.no "Gallinarius" <gallinarius@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:drvmif$beq$1@ss405.t-com.hr... > Hi, > > I need example code for changing record in access database. > > Thank you! > > "Tor-Bjarne" <torNOSPAM$@vivi.no> wrote in message news:-didnRZlS44r937eRVnzvA@telenor.com... > Hi, > > Just connect (ado if you got v6.x) and use standard CW commands , browses, > forms ? I have Clarion 5.5, and I don't have ADO, I'm connecting to database with ODBC and I can read and add records, but can't update (Access:TblName.Update() shows error: Unsupported File Driver Function (80)). And if access table doesn't exists, I can't create it. Do you have primary key defined for the access table? "Gallinarius" <gallinarius@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ds1p19$334$1@ss405.t-com.hr... > > "Tor-Bjarne" <torNOSPAM$@vivi.no> wrote in message > news:-didnRZlS44r937eRVnzvA@telenor.com... >> Hi, >> >> Just connect (ado if you got v6.x) and use standard CW commands , >> browses, >> forms ? > > I have Clarion 5.5, and I don't have AD...

Accessing clarion database from .NET
Hi I'm new in Clarion and i need to read an old Clarion database (consist of *.dat, *.mem and *.k?? files) in .NET. With this database i have some DOS apps (clarion scanner and others). Does anybody know how to access tables from these files from .NET? I read in some places about "clarion file driver" - where can i find it? Is there any other way to acces these databases? Sample source code would be very nice :) thanks Krystian Hi, You can write a dll in Clarion which will access your files and call this dll from your .NET application. HTH Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On Feb 13, 1:02 pm, Krys <i...@is.fake> wrote: > Hi > > I'm new in Clarion and i need to read an old Clarion database (consist of > *.dat, *.mem and *.k?? files) in .NET. With this database i have some DOS > apps (clarion scanner and others). > Does anybody know how to access tables from these files from .NET? I read > in some places about "clarion file driver" - where can i find it? > Is there any other way to acces these databases? Sample source code would > be very nice :) > > thanks > Krystian ...

Clarion using existing MS Access Database
Hi all, I have been reading all the messages about ODBC and Clarion. I have managed to import the Access Database into the Clarion Dictionary. I put the database name in the Owner Name and the Table in the Full Path Name. I then use the application wizard to create a quick application to see if that would work. When I run the application I get an error on the last table in the database. "FILE ACCESS ERROR" - "FILE TEST TABLE COULD NOT BE OPENED. ERROR: DATA SOURCE NAME NOT FOUND AND NO DEFAULT DRIVER SPECIFIED(IM002). PRESS OK TO END THIS APPLICATION." I double checked the files and all have the driver listed and the table and database named. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance. Bob Lewis You need to have the ODBC Data Source name in the Owner Name and NOT THE DATABASE NAME. Malcolm "Bob Lewis" <rel1946@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message news:3egrnv4b53dam64dmui9ounangv6bcmsq5@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > I have been reading all the messages about ODBC and Clarion. I have > managed to import the Access Database into the Clarion Dictionary. I > put the database name in the Owner Name and the Table in the Full Path > Name. > I then use the application wizard to create a quick application to > see if that would work. When I run the application I get an error on > the last table in the database. "FILE ACCESS ERROR" - "FILE TEST TABLE > COULD NOT BE OPENED. ERROR: DATA SOURCE NAME NOT FOUND ...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Clarion With Msql database
Does Clarion Working at Mysql database ? I've tried from ver.4 until 7..it's still doesn't working.. Thanks On Nov 9, 3:10=A0am, taniarto jeannica <jtania...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does Clarion Working at Mysql database ? I've tried from ver.4 until > 7..it's still doesn't =A0working.. > > Thanks There is no native driver that I know of but you should be able to use ODBC. Are you trying that? On Nov 10, 1:51=A0am, Kingsley Klosson <kklos...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Nov 9, 3:10=A0am, taniarto jeannica <jtania...@gmail.com> wr...

How to move a clarion database
Hi, Hope someone out there can help me? I am currently installing s SBS 2003 server in to organisation that uses a clarion database (developed by someone else). The database currently resides on a PC and is accessed via a workgroup network. I want to move the database and access it through a domain network. How do I do this? I have little knowledge of this product so simple instructions would be great. Thanks Nicola Could be using several types of files and the way it determines the location of the files can vary. Couple of questions? Do you see *.TPS files and are they in the same folder as the EXE file? Do you see any *.INI files? If no INI file and all the TPS files are in the same location as the EXE you may be able to move the entire folder to a folder on the SBS 2003 server. If you are using TPS files: You should read: http://www.prodoc.com/oplock.asp. I also would want to have the program TPSFIX in case you get a corrupted file if you are using TPS files. Hope this helps. Hi, I can see *.tps files on the computer but these are not in the same folder as the executable. There are 2 *.ini files in the executable folder. I have moved the *.tps files in to the executable file and this has not worked. I still get an error message when clicking on the executable. There error message I get is: FileSync - Open Error opening the physical file File: TOWN Error (90) file system error file error (30) connect to the server failed (10061) FileSync - Open E...

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

what is clarion?
? A very powerful development system for building computer programs. Its primary focus is database applications, but it can be bent into a lot of different shapes by a knowledgable user. Tim "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? Hi VIJAY, (From a CodeSnip entry...) What Clarion really is: It is a database centric language with a code generating IDE, which will basically complete 70 - 80% of your DATA MAINTENANCE code after you designed your tables/files in the Data Dictionary. Then the IDE is used to develop the UNIQUE procedures for your application using many available templates and CODE EMBEDS in the templates. What basically is Clarion? 1) Clarion is actually an APPLICATION PROGRAMMING language and a code generating IDE. It is designed for easy usage while building data-intensive business computer applications. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database applications in that the Developer MUST determine what data is to be in the database and how that data is to be manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop the application. This is because the FIRST thing you must develop in the IDE are the data files using the Data Dictionary Utility. 2) Clarion has an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) which includes a data-dictionary utility so...

Clarion database by ODBC
Hello! Can I connect to odbc database by ODBC? have you any ODBC driver for Clarion, i have to check sth. in *. dat file "K.B." <escorto@op.pl> wrote in message news:<cffo1u$3go$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>... > Hello! > > Can I connect to odbc database by ODBC? > have you any ODBC driver for Clarion, i have to check sth. in *. dat file Hi KB, If the table you are trying to connect to via ODBC is non-Clarion firstly set up a System DSN connection via Control Panel so that you have established odbc connectvity to the database (e.g. Microsoft Access). Then go to your data dictionary in Clarion and select "File" then "Import Table" and use this facility to select the appropriate system DSN which you established earlier. Hope this helps. Milton ...

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

Clarion World Network & Top Clarion Programmers
The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated. Still looking for Clarion programmers or companies from some States and World countries: USA - Alaska, Delaware, Rhode Island, North & South Dakota, Wyoming. "One State - One Clarion programmer - One Clarion job - One Clarion project - One Success story - and More & More in the future, of course!" Best Regards! -- Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html \\ | // (o o) ~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

New Clarion Jobs & Top Clarion Programmers
Hi All Clarion fans! The Clarion Jobs Page was updated as well as the List of programmers and companies with Clarion technology. Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ...

Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products
Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products The Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange has maintained a version column in the online version for years: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html The format for this column is Clarion version plus ABC and/or Legacy Clarion Version - C5.5, C6.x, C7 - ABC, Legacy We are in the midst of some serious C7 updating for both the online AND web updated data version (use with Product Scope 7) of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange - We do display some C7 version support now - but MOST of our research is a work in progress and you can view the latest at this web page. http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks-c7-status-12-09-2008.html The next release of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange WILL include this updated information - online and web updated data version. NOTE - the list is grouped by Clarion Third Party vendors (all products displayed by MFG) - SO please - Clarion Third Party vendors - help your buying public, and do two things - send updated information about your products and specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support to the email address listed below Note the _Remove_ _Me_ in the address line Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com * * * AND, please update your web pages for support for specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support - some have stated C7 support - but it is difficult to find that on web pages - if you would even ...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Careset Data Verification\Error Log Database.mdb" strDB = strConPathToSamples & "Error Log Database.mdb" ' Create new instance of Microsoft Access. Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") ' Open database in Microsoft Access window. appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strConPathToSamples ' Open form. appAccess.DoCmd.OpenForm "Import Error Logs", acNormal Thanks in advanced, bailee220 -- Posted via http://dbforums.com After these lines of code: ' Create new instance of Microsoft Access. Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application") ' Open database in Microsoft Access window. appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strConPathToSamples '-->you need to place this line of code appAccess.Visible = True '<--missing this line here Rich *** Sent via Develop...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

Encourager Software Clarion 7 Blog
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 Clarion Roadmap - August 10 2006 - Robert Zaunere http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=72 "SoftVelocity President and CEO Robert Zaunere recently released an extremely informative and long awaited Clarion Roadmap for Clarion 7 and Clarion.Net future releases." Encourager Software maintains a dedicated Blog category for Clarion 7 related news. What does that mean to the average Clarion developer? Well, hopefully an easier place to bookmark and get significant Clarion 7 news as it is released. We try to give you a quick overview of the latest Clarion 7 news and point you to detailed press releases. This will include Clarion Third Party activity as well as information released from SoftVelocity. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

The World Network of Clarion programmers & New Clarion Jobs
Hi All Clarion fans! The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated and New Clarion Jobs found. Clarion developers are available in the best parts of the World, throughout all time-zones, on-site and remotelly as well. -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net The World Network of Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html ...

access to clarion 2.1
Hi everyone! I have to access to clarion 2.1 base (dos, running on windowsXP) from .NET application. I have no problems with export datas from DAT files to another format (MSSQL 2000), but I must update clarion dos database from my soft (one time per day), because clarion is still in use and some people work with this. I haven't DEF or APP files. I cant replace orginal DAT file by file creating in another program (this same columns - name, type and length) because clarion throw an error. And I try others methods, but I haven't results and ... ideas. Please, Help ! Thank you. Edi If it was me I would write a program in Clarion for Windows that would update the Clarion Dat file. Clarion for Windows can read your MSSQL tables and write to you Clarion DAT files. Clarion for Window can also import you Clarion DAT files into it's dictionary. The only problem could be that you may have an OLD version of the DAT files and may have some problems because of that. I seem to recall an older version of the DAT file format. Not sure how you can tell. JMumf Hi, If you can call Windows dlls from your .NET application then you can write a dll in Clarion which will update DAT files. -- -- Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com Cool tools and Clarion examples at http://www.klarisoft.com "metall" <edi_w@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c448373ef47ca4ca48a39ff5c1ebe11d@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com... > Hi everyone! > > I have to ac...

Web resources about - Misc info on Clarion compared with other database environments (like VFP or Access) - comp.lang.clarion

Environment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Queensland environment law takes aim at Clive Palmer
The State Government has moved to force mine and refinery owners to pay for any environmental clean ups if their business goes bust, in the wake ...

'Very poor': Environment office opposed miners using rehabilitation work as biodiversity offset
New documents show how coal firms won the right to claim planting of grass or trees on old mine sites as conservation offsets for future woodland ...

Wanneroo council calls on WA environment minister over 3500 problem kangaroos
The Wanneroo council wants the WA environment minister to step in over a Yanchep country club apparently driving more than 3500 kangaroos from ...

Environment Canada issues special weather statement over potential spring storm for Halifax
System moving toward our region for late Sunday and Monday with heavy snow possible.

SIOS updates its machine learning solution for virtual environments
... IT analytics last year, SIOS Technology Corp has released regular updates to help maximize the availability and efficiency of virtualized environments. ...

A CEO who laid off 15% of staff says: 'The economic environment is changing for all startups'
... last year and Bloomberg on Friday also reported a "pullback in startup investing." "We have to be focused on the fact that the economic environment ...

Kasich: Trump creating 'toxic environment'
Ohio Gov. Kasich denounced his billionaire businessman opponent on Saturday in Sharonville.

Hyperscale Environments Pressure Server OEMs
The Googles, Facebooks and Amazons of the world are buying a lot of servers, and many of them are coming from smaller ODMs.

9 Tips For Creating A Stress-Free Work Environment
9 Tips For Creating A Stress-Free Work Environment