Need Clarion help/training in McKinney TX

I have an application that needs a little work.  View www.verifycharges.com
to see examples of it's screens and functionality.  It was created for me by
Jesus Moreno, founder of Gitano Software, who did an excellent job, but is
too far from here, and much too busy, I imagine, to give me a little
personal instruction.  I have an old version of Clarion - version 5.5, the
one used to create this application.  I'd like to be able to do my own
maintenance, but tried and failed to learn Clarion.  I even took their one
week training course a few years ago.  They acknowledged that the instructor
was an abysmal failure, and offered another free class, but the cost and
time of travel to Florida a 2nd time dissuaded me.  I've been a programmer
since 1963, using many languages, from Autocoder and 8086 and other assembly
languages thru COBOL, Business Basic, and a few other compiled languages.
View www.PCHPlano.com to get an idea of my current abilities.  I should be
able to come up to speed quickly.  I am looking for someone near McKinney TX
who is able to provide a few hours of person to person help at a reasonable
price per hour.  Use appointments@PCHplano.com to contact me.  TIA, Paul

need Clarion Programmer (work for Clarion software developer)
Hello, we need a Clarion programmer to do soem work in Clarion program (need to fix soem problems in Calrion software). Please e-mail: nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

Clarion 6 help needed
I have been given a task of upgrading a software application that has been coded using Clarion version 6. It is a small to medium size package that consists of some thirty or so forms. The software suffers from speed issues and design problems. The data is stored in TPS files. Some new purchasing facilities need implementing and the customer wants to migrate to using Microsoft SQL Server. Being from a Visual Basic background I am struggling to get to grips with the concepts of using Clarion. I open a file type .app which seems to be equivalent to a Visual Basic Project. Inside seems to be a treelist containing all the form some of which appear multiple times. What I need to determine is if it's worth sticking with Clarion or rewriting the entire thing using VB or even C#. 1. Some column names are horrific and need refactoring. How does one do a simple search and replace? 2. What is the Clarion equivalent to an ADODB Recordset? 3. How do I copy a control from one form to another? 4. Where can I see the available events for a control? Thanks in advance, John John, IMO, Clarion 6 is better but there is a fairly steep learning curve. The reason for this is Clarion has 3 levels: the Clarion language, the Clarion Application generator, and the Clarion Template language. Learning the Clarion language would be equivalent to learning Visual Basic. To create a program with just the language, you would create a project (.prj). ...

Need help working out if a DB is clarion??
Guys, I have been informed that my site runs a Clarion DB. Here is a copy of the files http://203.8.189.31/ota_products/site_files/ Can someone confirm they are Clarion? If so, I am looking at populating MS access DB from the files, how is this done? Thanks for any help provided. first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to use odbc to convert ikrami2000@hotmail.com Thanks karim, So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? Thanks karim wrote: > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > use odbc to convert > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com send me your email adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > Thanks karim, > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > Thanks > karim wrote: > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > > files and if you want toconvert it from topspeed to access you have to > > use odbc to convert > > > > > > ikrami2000@hotmail.com i got your email karim wrote: > send me your email > adamm@ota.com.au wrote: > > Thanks karim, > > > > So they are Clarion? Where do I get odbc from? > > > > Thanks > > karim wrote: > > > first - i download some of this files and checked it, it is a topspeed > >...

Help needed for Clarion for Windows 3
Hello, Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how to do this in the help files. Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? Thanks in advance, Kind regards, Try window_name{prop:text} = 'Your text' Harry Hugo COX wrote: > Hello, > > Years ago I wrote an application in Clarion for Windows 3. > I want to include a variable in the caption of a window but I can't find how > to do this in the help files. > > Can this be done and what would the correct syntax be ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Kind regards, > > ...

Help Needed
Is anyone out there using Clarion to insert invoices into MYOB accounts using MYOB ODBC v5 I can import Customers, but not invoices. Any help at this point is would be appreciated. Sean Hennessy ...

Clarion 3.0 network help needed
We have a DOS app created in Clarion 3.0 we are running under an ethernet network. Our server and most of the PCs are WIN 98SE. I have a PC with WIN2000 also accessing the server datafiles. I am getting recently a lot of drive reading errors on the PCs on the network. They come at strange times; for example, when someone is saving a record, when another user just enters data into a variable for a sub-search on a datafile, and it's always a problem opening up a file, a different one each time, when the error comes. On my WIN2000 machine, I recieved a general protection error, when I look at XTRACE.txt, I see CS:IP segment errors and under the call chain section, it lists 7 segments, the number of which corresponds to the number of orphan $$$ files on the server folder. It seems as though the $$$ files are somehow responsible for way to rid ourselves of the $$$ orphans is to do a reboot of the system, because you cannot delete these - it seems that the server has put a hold on these files, or thinks that they are still being used, when they're not. When we reboot and delete these files, we're OK for a while. If anyone has any insight as to what may be happening, or if our WIN2000 PC may be affecting this problem, seeing as it is a relatively new addition to our existing network of WIN98 SE PCs, I'd like to hear about it. Also, we've made a few changes to the app and added a few things- it is possible that the code may be responsible for some of it. Any ...

Need help in Sending an Email using clarion 6
I have managed to get a form up that used a Send button to send a email. I now need to send a email automatically on certain events. I have a timer event that i can add code to send the email. It can call a procedure but I still then need to click the Send Button How can I send a email just using code and NO buttons Thanks in advance Peter the easyest thing I can think of is to POST and event of accepted on the button (make the button invisible if you like. POST(EVENT:Accepted, ?ButtonSend) That Should do the trick ...

clarion 22 and clarion 55
i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 i have message link error. to many files -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I am really flushing now. There was really no problems. I had missed the 4.1 patch (also from april) So now Im smiling again! "youcef" <ydjira@caramail.com> skrev i melding news:20031111-9206-522759@foorum.com... > > i have a application who work fine with clarion 22 > when i open this application and i want to create a exe with clarion 55 > > i have message > link error. to many files > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ ...

clarion and help
i use clarion 55 how can create help file thank you youcef -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr http://forums.club-internet.fr/ youcef, Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: http://www.capesoft.com/accessories/ezhelpsp.htm -- Geoff (at Capesoft) PS - All viewpoints regarding Capesoft products are as unbiased as possible - but there are no guarantees <g>. Tel: +27 21 715 4000 Fax: +27 21 715 2535 www.capesoft.com "youcef" <djiryoucef@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:20031030-115222-846853@foorum.com... > > > > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > > youcef > -- > Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr > This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr > > http://forums.club-internet.fr/ I've used EzHelp for several years. It does the job very well. "Geoff Thomson" <geoff@capesoft.com> wrote in message news:A921.1067521523.1730@discuss.softvelocity.com... > youcef, > > Why don't you have a look at ezHelp: Hi, I use Help & Manual. Fantastic. Generate, with a single project: HTML help, win help, Multimedia Help, DOC, PDF and have a excellent screen capture. Nelson Carvalho Brasil youcef escreveu: > i use clarion 55 > how can create help file > > thank you > >...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

Clarion DOS to Clarion Windows Conversion
Hi Newsmembers - What problems have you encountered when converting from a DOS-based Clarion project to Clarion for Windows. I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. Thankyou, - Kevin Willis klwillis.dsl@verizon.net ICQ:32805500 A fully rewrite is generally required. If you have a bunch of logic code (formulas and such), then you can convert that source without too much effort. Everything else (especially the windows interface and file access code) will require a significant rethinking and almost total redevelopment. Sorry for the bad news. -=> Mike Hanson <=- On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:06:40 GMT, Kevin Willis <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote: >Hi Newsmembers - > >What problems have you encountered when >converting from a DOS-based Clarion >project to Clarion for Windows. > >I'll be using Clarion version 5.5, >and upgrading to 6.0 in the near future. > >Thankyou, > >- Kevin Willis >klwillis.dsl@verizon.net >ICQ:32805500 > > > > dont do it ! and if you have the chance to look out into the future. think about looking at tools that can generate .NET apps say VB . NET. Or tools that code charge. Since clarion is a product that is not language indepandent think about a tool set that cater for more then one language and doesnt use a meta modelling system such as txa's. so before leaping into clarion for windows which is really a product designed ...

Need Clarion Developer
Hi, My company is based in Burlington, MA and is looking for a Clarion developer. Location in places other than MA is fine if able to telecommute effectively. Details are the following: Clarion Developer Maintenance of Current Product Desired applicant must have proven experience with references as Clarion Developer. Applicant must have excellent verbal communication skills, be self- motivated, and able to take ownership of assigned tasks. Applicant must have working knowledge of relational databases with proficiency in coding calls to database via stored procedures or embedded T-SQL to obtain data or insert/edit the same. This knowledge must include either Sybase or MSSQL. Successful candidate will be a solid performer, detail-oriented, and computer-science enthusiast who will contribute to implementation of organizational best-practices and work to improve work-flow and implement policies that reduce bugs through thorough design and solid testing practices. It will be in this candidate's innate or professional nature to improve efficiency and quality without being asked to do so. New Product Development Applicant must be able and willing to learn new technologies. New product development is performed in C# / ASP.NET. This position will transition from Clarion to ASP.NET within the next two to three years. General This is a full-time position for salaried or contract-to-hire employee. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:0...

what is clarion?
? A very powerful development system for building computer programs. Its primary focus is database applications, but it can be bent into a lot of different shapes by a knowledgable user. Tim "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? "VIJAY" <vijaynats@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5407b3d4.0310212323.6e23fd53@posting.google.com... > ? Hi VIJAY, (From a CodeSnip entry...) What Clarion really is: It is a database centric language with a code generating IDE, which will basically complete 70 - 80% of your DATA MAINTENANCE code after you designed your tables/files in the Data Dictionary. Then the IDE is used to develop the UNIQUE procedures for your application using many available templates and CODE EMBEDS in the templates. What basically is Clarion? 1) Clarion is actually an APPLICATION PROGRAMMING language and a code generating IDE. It is designed for easy usage while building data-intensive business computer applications. Clarion has one BIG difference in developing database applications in that the Developer MUST determine what data is to be in the database and how that data is to be manipulated BEFORE beginning to develop the application. This is because the FIRST thing you must develop in the IDE are the data files using the Data Dictionary Utility. 2) Clarion has an Integrated Design Environment (IDE) which includes a data-dictionary utility so...

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

Clarion GPF Help
Am using Clarion 5.5 Legacy templates I have recently been working on a sales invoicing program. Two days ago I found that when I tried to start the sales invoice program direct from the executable it came up with an error "Unable to open MDI window (no application active) Do you want to GPF". The only way I can run the executable is if I re-compile the program. The Data folder lies within a sub folder of the executable and none of the files are read-only. I have moved the same folder and data onto other PCs and the program works fine, it seems that it is just my PC that seems to have this problem. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and would be grateful if someone knew how to fix this problem My guess. You are did not Initiate the thread. Check the Actions from the Menu Editor. > Am using Clarion 5.5 Legacy templates > > I have recently been working on a sales invoicing program. Two days ago I > found that when I tried to start the sales invoice program direct from the > executable it came up with an error "Unable to open MDI window (no > application active) Do you want to GPF". The only way I can run the > executable is if I re-compile the program. > > The Data folder lies within a sub folder of the executable and none of the > files are read-only. > > I have moved the same folder and data onto other PCs and the program works > fine, it seems that it is just my PC that seems ...

Clarion training in Australia
Hi All, I have a colleague that needs some training in Clarion. I've searched various websites and asked some other Clarion users but nobody seems to know where to get it. It needs to be in Australia, preferably Melbourne. Does anyone know if ANY Clarion courses are available? Thanks Gary I would be more than happy to deliver Clarion training "down under". Could even do it in various cities if the demand calls for it. All levels of Clarion training delivered. Just get a group together, list the topics you wish and I'll custom make the class to fit the needs and wants of the students. Contact me privately for more details if you wish to proceed further. -- Russ Eggen www.radfusion.com reggen AT radfusion DOT com "Gary Thackrah" <gary.thackrah@jda.com> wrote in message news:3c91494b.0409291544.60ebed8@posting.google.com... Hi All, I have a colleague that needs some training in Clarion. I've searched various websites and asked some other Clarion users but nobody seems to know where to get it. It needs to be in Australia, preferably Melbourne. Does anyone know if ANY Clarion courses are available? Thanks Gary In article <3c91494b.0409291544.60ebed8@posting.google.com>, gary.thackrah@jda.com says... > Hi All, > > I have a colleague that needs some training in Clarion. I've searched Some current educational resources: Product Description - Clarion Tips and Techniques, MFG - Clarion Magazine (...

Clarion Developers Needed
I apologize if this is spam** I do not know if jobs are allowed here. Location: Allen, Tx Position: Clarion Developers Rate/Salary: Flex - market rate Type: Perm or contract to hire Required skills: Clarion(latest release), SQL, Desired: Credit Card Exp Description: DB input retrieval, UI design, processing of files, number calculations Start Date 1/2/05 (resumes reviewed asap) Send resumes for consideration to bbarber at @eteem dot com ...

Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products
Clarion C7 support for Clarion Third Party Products The Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange has maintained a version column in the online version for years: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html The format for this column is Clarion version plus ABC and/or Legacy Clarion Version - C5.5, C6.x, C7 - ABC, Legacy We are in the midst of some serious C7 updating for both the online AND web updated data version (use with Product Scope 7) of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange - We do display some C7 version support now - but MOST of our research is a work in progress and you can view the latest at this web page. http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks-c7-status-12-09-2008.html The next release of the Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange WILL include this updated information - online and web updated data version. NOTE - the list is grouped by Clarion Third Party vendors (all products displayed by MFG) - SO please - Clarion Third Party vendors - help your buying public, and do two things - send updated information about your products and specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support to the email address listed below Note the _Remove_ _Me_ in the address line Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com * * * AND, please update your web pages for support for specific Clarion versions and ABC and/or Legacy support - some have stated C7 support - but it is difficult to find that on web pages - if you would even ...

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

Clarion World Network & Top Clarion Programmers
The World Network of experienced Clarion programmers and companies with Clarion technology was updated. Still looking for Clarion programmers or companies from some States and World countries: USA - Alaska, Delaware, Rhode Island, North & South Dakota, Wyoming. "One State - One Clarion programmer - One Clarion job - One Clarion project - One Success story - and More & More in the future, of course!" Best Regards! -- Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html \\ | // (o o) ~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...

Encourager Software Clarion 7 Blog
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 Clarion Roadmap - August 10 2006 - Robert Zaunere http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=72 "SoftVelocity President and CEO Robert Zaunere recently released an extremely informative and long awaited Clarion Roadmap for Clarion 7 and Clarion.Net future releases." Encourager Software maintains a dedicated Blog category for Clarion 7 related news. What does that mean to the average Clarion developer? Well, hopefully an easier place to bookmark and get significant Clarion 7 news as it is released. We try to give you a quick overview of the latest Clarion 7 news and point you to detailed press releases. This will include Clarion Third Party activity as well as information released from SoftVelocity. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Convert Clarion 5 Legacy app to Clarion 7
I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion automatic? Hi Bob, Make sure you have updated all the templates used in your app to C7 Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com On 17 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D0=B9, 15:42, Bob Ruland <pl...@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have applications generated in Clarion 5 legacy code (not ABC) that > I want to use in Clarion 7. Can this be done? Is the conversion > automatic? ...

Please Help Me Guys! Need lang..it will be a pleasure and i'd be very thankful if you gotta help on this one guys!
you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains additio= nal information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the T= axiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some attr= ibutes and methods that you think are needed for a non-air and aircon Taxi = records. Try to override some existing methods in the superclass TaxiMeter,= if you really need to. The following describe the billing for Non-air and = Aircon Taxi. NON-AIRCON Flag Down P 26.00 For every 400 meters P 1.00 For every 1.5 minutes waiting P 1.00 AIRCON Flag Down P 30.00 For every 400 meters P 1.50 For every 1.0 minutes waiting P 1.50 Try to modify the TaxiMeter class to create getAmount() abstract method. Th= is is a method for calculating the total amount to be paid. Below are the f= ormulas: totalAmount =3D amountOnWait + amountOnDistanceTravelled amountOnWait =3D increments if waitingMinuteToIncrement is satisfied amountOnDistanceTravelled =3D incrementRate * (distanceTRavelled /increment= ableDistance) Write two of its subclasses, the Non-air and Aircon. You can add additional= methods to its subclass if you want to. Kevin Espardinez wrote: > you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains addit= ional information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the= TaxiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some at= tributes and methods that you think are needed for a non...

New Clarion Jobs & Top Clarion Programmers
Hi All Clarion fans! The Clarion Jobs Page was updated as well as the List of programmers and companies with Clarion technology. Clarion Jobs & Career Resources: http://www.artofprogramming.net/resources/jobs.html Clarion Developers & IT Companies: http://www.artofprogramming.net/dev_clarion_developers.html -- Best Regards! Alfred Blaho dB & Web Programmer for hire http://www.artofprogramming.net ...

Web resources about - Need Clarion help/training in McKinney TX - comp.lang.clarion

Lean Agile Training - Certified ScrumMaster training - Agile Training
We provide Certified ScrumMaster training and Certified Scrum Product Owner training, as well as workshops that jump start your transition to ...

Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1926, the U.S. Department of the Navy established the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps. Its purpose was to produce a reserve of qualified ...

Training battles with Joey Leilua has Brenko Lee ready for Canberra Raiders
Brenko Lee 'set the benchmark' in pre-season training. Now he gets his NRL chance.

Collingwood's Adam Treloar leaves training track early
Collingwood recruit Adam Treloar left the training track gingerly on Friday morning and was&nbsp;being assessed by medical staff.

Heart and Stroke Foundation brings basic CPR training to your smartphone
The Heart and Stroke Foundation is hoping its new smartphone app will give Canadians basic knowledge of CPR so they feel more comfortable responding ...

Training vs. Education
Some higher ed is work training, some is general education, and some is a mix. It is the "general education" part, aka Liberal Arts, that most ...

MLB Spring Training 2016: Mid-Spring Breakdown of 10 Key Position Battles
Spring training in Major League Baseball may be little more than a glorified practice session, but it does serve one practical purpose. Without ...

Busy bees, a horse in tweed and a secret training session
... dragon egg this Saturday @Selfridges with @meltchocolates ! pic.twitter.com/4fKkTY4KaX — HBO (@HBO_UK) March 7, 2016 Don’t be late for training ...

U.S. airstrike on al Qaeda training camp in Yemen kills dozens
U.S. airstrike on al Qaeda training camp in Yemen kills dozens

Jabra Sport Pulse Bluetooth Earphones Review – Rev Up Your Training
CrossFitters and runners alike agree that next to coffee, music is what gives you that real boost you need to power through that last set or ...