Problems with Oracle/Clarion 6.3

Hello,

we have a problems with Oracle/Clarion 6.3 .
The Incremental Locator or the Step Locator on Browser doesn't work it.

The table of the Browser is a Oracle-table and the table has 2 KEYs.

The example (SVOracle.exe) on the examples-Oracle-Directory works fine.
We take our table in the Examples. And work it to.
The Oracle-Example works with the Clarion-Template.
But we must work with the ABC-Template.
By use the ABC-Template the Locator on Browse doesn't work it.

We use this:

Oracle 10g (10.2.0.1.0)
Clarion Oracle-Accelerator Version: 6.3 build 9053
Clarion 6.3 Build 9052
ABC-Template

We don't where is this problems.
Can somebody help us?
Thanks

have a nice day.

Thomas

Aerztekammer Schleswig-Holstein
Thomas Wiegmann
Bismarckallee 8-12
23795 Bad Segeberg
E-mail: wiegmann@aeksh.org

0
wiegmann (1)

Migration from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE
Hi, I've migrated my application from Clarion 5EE to Clarion 6.2EE. In my dll app there are global extensions, and if I compile application I get linker errors: .... Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown002.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External VMT$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown003.obj Unresolved External TYPE$VSMOUSEWHEELCLASS in slown004.obj ..... Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External KILL@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj Unresolved External $VSTHREADCLASS:G4 in slowniki.obj Unresolved External INIT@F13VSTHREADCLASS in slowniki.obj .... What is wrong? Any ideas? Regards, Mihca� ...

Clarion 6 legacy to Clarion 6 ABC
Hi. I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 legacy to ABC. I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it possible with version 6 too? The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... (Feel a bit lost ;-)) Thanks for your help Hi JC, Have a look at http://www.comsoft7.com/BLAT.htm available here http://www.comsoft7.com/Prices.htm Also, you will get more and faster help on SoftVelocity's free public newsgroup news.softvelocity.com so I suggest you get on that newsgroup instead of this one. -- --- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.net www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.net/appshell/index.htm "JC" <realjench@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f51ed944-b011-4782-b7cd-8b02c4ca8e73@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... | Hi. | | I'm looking for make rules to convert a big application in Clarion 6 | legacy to ABC. | | I saw there was a possibility to do that with the version 5, is it | possible with version 6 too? | | | The aim after this conversion is to pass to the version 7... | | | I dunno if I'm seeking in the good direction... | | (Feel a bit lost ;-)) | | Thanks for your help On 5 jan, 17:20, "Earl R Coker" <ksasales AT machlink DOT com> wrote: > Hi JC, > > Have a look at =A0http://www.c...

Clarion 7 - Clarion 6.3
Hopefully, most of those that read these newsgroups have already received special emails or phone calls concerning the SoftVelocity Summer Update specials, but my company is running a special C7 blog about it for general details at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=69 or Clarion 7 Blogs http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?cat=3 The SoftVelocity Summer Special is all about special pricing for the CSP - Core Subscription Program. The specific details for your pricing must be obtained from SoftVelocity or an authorized distributor. Special update pricing is for a limited time! This might be a reminder for some to send SoftVelocity an updated email address for contact. David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

Porting Clarion 6.3 Build 9059 to Clarion 8.0.0 Build 8498
Hi All Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG Bit this is a bit urgent. Just a couple of Question on the Migration. If Clarion 8 Build 8498 Does not like INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) It keeps on changing to: INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) With the Error = No matching prototype available On Migration, what should I use ? And also does not like SELF.OkControl = ?Ok It keeps on changing to: SELF.OkControl = With the Error = Expected <operand> (+- CHOOSE What should I use ? I have gone through the help on Migration, but cannot see anything relevant to my Migration Problems. Thanks in advance Peter Hi all It was #SEQ(3) which is new in Clarion 8 Just removed them from the Window code And it was OK. Regards Peter "Peter" <NOSPAMvirtualsoftware@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:4e163ddd$0$32573$c30e37c6@pit-reader.telstra.net... > Hi All > Sorry for Cross Posting from SVClarion.clarion8 NG > Bit this is a bit urgent. > > Just a couple of Question on the Migration. > > If Clarion 8 Build 8498 > Does not like > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',SCREEN) > It keeps on changing to: > INIMgr.Update('UpdateInventoryStock',) > With the Error = No matching prototype available > On Migration, what should I use ? > > And also does not like > SELF.OkControl = ?Ok > It keeps on changing to: > SELF.OkControl = With the E...

Clarion 6 #3
Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that would do it. Brian On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:36:57 -0400, Brian J Smith wrote: > Just stated playing with this. The videos show pretty colours (not the usual > grey) but how do you turn this on? I cannot see anything in global that > would do it. Themes maybe. Or manifest support. Mark ...

Problem Clarion 6 With MsSQL
The Error Occur when i use range limit of Date Field in MsSQL database. But no error when i used record filter. If i'm used Clarion 5, it's was OK... no error. Example: I want to set a Range Limit of Transaction Date in my reports. ...

Clarion 6.3 and Vista
I have a customer that is switching to Vista. I have installed my program with XP SP2 compatible. The actual program works but wehen the users go to run the reports, the program crashes. I have tracked it down to C6prlbx.dll, the report writer runtime module. I can't right now use run(c6print) because I use variable file names, and would like to keep it that way if possible. Any suggestion to make it work. They have to go to Vista, since they can't get anymore XPs from the major retailers here. I currently use 6.300.9050. On 28 May 2007 13:58:05 -0700, ElFroggio@gmail.com wrote: > I have a customer that is switching to Vista. I have installed my > program with XP SP2 compatible. The actual program works but wehen the > users go to run the reports, the program crashes. I just have general suggestions for you. news.softvelocity.com Post your questions there - comp.lang.clarion is available there, but SoftVelocity news server does not send or receive comp.lang.clarion from other server systems. Install your XP (Pre-Vista program) install to C:\nameofyourapp instead of C:\Program Files\nameofyourapp. Installing your Clarion program to C:\Program Files area under Vista (WITHOUT rewriting your app to conform to Vista folder-file access rules) causes a number of problems with a lot of Clarion programs - even C6.3 9056 created programs WITH a few exceptions are still Pre-Vista. Product Description - Manifests, Code Signing, and Vista, MFG - Clarion Magaz...

Clarion 6.3 and MySQL
Hi, I have a strange problem with Clarion 6.3 and MySQL. code below work just fine but after closing my program , program remain active in memory. Is there something i should call ( closing connection to MySQL or ..... ) KLo ------------------------------------------- code Do OpenMySQL access:lpkirja.open set(lpkirja) loop case Access:lpkirja.Next() of Level:Notify orof Level:Fatal break else strLuoTaulu = 'INSERT INTO EPIL.LENNOT <13,10>' | & '(pvm,lentnro,oppnro,alkoi) <13,10>' | & 'values(''' & format(lpk:PVM,@d10-) & ''',<13,10>' | & lpk:lent_nro & ',<13,10>' | & lpk:opp_nro & ',<13,10>' | & '''' & format(lpk:alkoi,@t1) & ''');' mysql_db{prop:sql} = strLuoTaulu end end access:lpkirja.close OpenMySQL routine GLO:Username = clip(con:username) GLO:PassWord = clip(con:password) GLO:Server = clip(con:serverhost) GLO:Database = clip(con:database) GLO:SQLOwner = 'DRIVER={{MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER='& GLO:Server | & ';PORT=' & con:port | & ';DATABASE=' & glo:database | & ';USER=' & glo:username | & ';PASSWORD=' &...

Upgrading from Clarion 5.5 to Clarion 6.0
What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Hi Kevin, I have just copied apps over into another directory and loaded them up into C6 and they compile and run just fine with no changes needed... 3rd party stuff can be somewhat tricky in some cases tho... -- Best Regards, Earl R Coker ksasales AT machlink DOT com www.kwiksystems.com www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (BigTamer(tm) Templates) "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... > What issues have you encountered and what were > the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? No plobrems at all. -- Kind regards, James Cooke ----------------------------------------------------------- Publish and maintain your own technical tips on Clarionfoundry! Clarionfoundry can be found at http://www.clarionpublisher.com ----------------------------------------------------------- "Kevin Willis" <klwillis.dsl@verizon.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a1c808613348277989724@news.verizon.net... What issues have you encountered and what were the work-arounds that 5.5 users should be aware of? Just read the migration and what's new docs. You will have to pay attention to threading. Things are a bit tighter, so I do expect a few reports of "worked in 5.5". You won't be able to get away with things like you could earlier. But to a load a 5.5 app...

Migrate project from clarion 2.1 into clarion 6.x
Hello all, our company has 50 years in the market, and we used clarion 2.1 20 years ago to handle our payroll. It has worked non-stop, but right now we have to make some modifications to the program and are evaluating clarion 6.0. Basically we have two options: -Migrate the .dat files to SQL and develop the whole thing from scratch -Migrate the .dat files to clarion 6.0 dct files and try to migrate most of the code Right now we are focusing on option #2, but since we have lots of .dat files (about 20 or 30 or so) i would like to know if there is a quick way to convert every one of them to the new format. I have the documentation and read the migration document, but it basically says that i should reconstruct the dictionary and copy and paste the old code into the new code where appropiate, but doesn't explain how to migrate the data. If anyone has a resource or documentation explaining this in little more detail it would be appreciated. Basically right now i am using Data Modeler and Importing the structure from a table with the clarion 2.1 driver Hi Seguros, You have the tool DMC which is supposed to read any table and let you clone it DAT 2 SQL for example regarding the 'old' dat format as we never worked with those tables if you want us to look into this to help you out cloning to new structure, please send us an example 'old' dat structure (with key files and memo files) so that we try it out in DMC and let you know You can also try out DMC you...

Clarion DD ver. 3.0 and Clarion PD 2110
I happen to have the 10 original discs for this program. Any one interested? ...

Report in Clarion 6.3 EE
I am trying to make a report that would print on one page three different lists, One would be service review table with dates, next promotion information, with dates, and finally Years of service awards, done in 25,30,35,40 increments. At best I have been able to call the three reports, but can not kill the top of page, call. I am open to suggestion. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

MATCH procedure in clarion 6.3
Hi All, I have requirement to validate a firstname field using Regular Expression. The specification says it should be [A-Za-z][A-Za-z'\-]* What I understand is: 1. It must start with a letter A-Z or a-z 2. It can then be followed by only letter between A-Z, a-z, ' (single quote), - (minus) I believe MATCH function is what I need to use. I tried several things but, nothing seems to be working for me. My code: IF MATCH(UPPER(pData),'[^A-Z][^A-Z0-9-'']*',MATCH:REGULAR) return(0) ELSE return(1) END The above ...

Crystal reports and Clarion 6.3
Hi, I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed Crystal Reports XI) and got an error that CR is not installed, so that they can not even run a report. Any solution? Tnx. Hi, To interface CR and Clarion check our Crystal Clear Class and http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_84.htm RDC wrapper products http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_107.htm -- Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com Cool tools and Clarion examples at http://www.klarisoft.com On Oct 6, 5:19=A0pm, boris.vuj...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed > Crystal Reports XI) and got an error that CR is not installed, so that > they can not even run a report. > > Any solution? > > Tnx. On Oct 6, 3:19=A0pm, boris.vuj...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I tried to test run the application crystalc6.app (I have installed > Crystal Reports XI) and got an error that CR is not installed, so that > they can not even run a report. > > Any solution? > > Tnx. hi, before few years i work with c6 and cr 8.5, you must create odbc connection, and it works ok ...

Clarion 6.3.9053 released
Clarion 6.3.9053 released The latest release of Clarion 6.3 is now shipping. The Enterprise Edition is the power tool in SoftVelocity=3Fs Clarion line. The Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool includes a number of unique features that helps Clarion users maintain a reputation as the fastest, most efficient developers in the industry. Comments specific to the Clarion 6.3.9053 release. =3FYesterday we released build 9053 to 3rd party product vendors for compatibility testing. Probable release date is end of this week (June 2nd)...." Read more about this release and vital SoftVelocity web links at: http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/?p=55 David -- From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software Email - mailto:C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online http://encouragersoftware.com/profile/clarlinks.html http://www.encouragersoftware.com/blog/ http://www.encouragersoftware.com/ ...

xp colors in clarion 6.3
I have upgraded my apps to clarion 6.3 and have selected the option to have the xp look (include the xp manifest ) This has fixed a problem that clarion 5.5 had with check box's being blacked out. But now all of my option boxes have turned blue and i can not change the color. Is there a way to change the color of the option boxes? David Griffiths ...

Oracle problem running Clarion application
I am trying to run a Clarion program .exe and I get the following: Error = 90: File System Error Oracle error = 1 Oracle could not be found TargetName = (my oracle schema and table name) Owner = (my oracle username/pwd@database) I am upgrading to a new Windows server, so I copied everything from the old server to the new server, installed what I thought was all of the necessary software, but is there some configuration I need to set up or something in order for this to run? I can run the Oracle client just fine without error. Any and all help or guidance will be greatly apprec...

Clarion Professional 5.5 & Clarion for DOS 3.102
Hi, I have licensed copies of Clarion Professional Edition 5.5 and Clarion for DOS 3.102 and would like to sell them. But I have no idea what they are worth nor where to sell them. I've thought about eBay but I don't think I'll get much for them there. Any ideas on price and where to sell them? Thanks Mark markstubbins@comcast.net ...

Clarion IP driver/Clarion 6
I had a production Clarion IP Server running on a Windows XP machine (a VM Guest). All but three of my Data managers have been unloaded and do not appear on the list of installable DLL's. I have a development server running and all is ok, but I un-installed the IP Server, deleted it, copied the working one and installed it, but when I refreshed the data managers, it removed the same ones. I have made a new VM...a Windows 7 Ultimate, installed the IP server from the Development machine, but this also removes and refuses to load the same data managers. What am I missing? El jue...

FM3 with Multi-DLL for Clarion 6.3
I am trying to convert an old Clarion Flat File to Sql. I created an MULTI-DLL app in Clarion 6.3 using FM3 Filemanager and FM3 Connect procedues. The same app runs fine and connects to SQL SERVER EXPRESS locally, but when I try to connect to SQL SERVER EXPRESS on a REMOTE SERVER the FM3 Connect Locks. So for snickers, I created a stand alone application with the Clarion 6.3 using FM3 Filemanager and FM3 Connect procedues and connected to the remote server. Everything worked fine. The multi-dll apps worked in 5.5EE, but locks up in 6.3ee. Does anyone have any examples of a multi-dll connecting to SSE on a remote machine using FM3? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. ...

ACE/TAO build problems on Solaris 2.6 using gcc 3.3.6
Hi All, I am trying to build ACE-5.5 and TAO-1.5 on a SPARC Solaris 2.8 system using gcc 3.3.6 and GNU make 3.80. The build is failing in ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs (output included below) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem may be. What is puzzling to me is that the lines in question are all comment lines. For example the "01.ps" invalid token on line 15 of CosProperty.idl is from the following comment line: // ftp://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/1995/95-06-01.ps If I replace the "//" style comments with "/* ... */" style comments the errors go away. If any additional information would be useful please let me know and I will be happy to provide it. Making all in orbsvcs /fs30/tek/ACE-5.5-gcc-3.3.6/ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs make[3]: Entering directory `/fs30/tek/ACE-5.5-gcc-3.3.6/ACE_wrappers/build/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs' ACE_ROOT=../../../../TAO/.. TAO_ROOT=../../../../TAO .../../TAO_IDL/tao_idl -Ge 1 -Wb,pre_include=ace/pre.h -Wb,post_include=ace/post.h -I../../../../TAO -I../../../../TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs -g ../../../apps/gperf/src/gperf -I../../../../TAO/orbsvcs -Wb,versioning_begin=TAO_BEGIN_VERSIONED_NAMESPACE_DECL -Wb,versioning_end=TAO_END_VERSIONED_NAMESPACE_DECL -Wb,stub_export_macro=TAO_Property_Export -Wb,stub_export_include=orbsvcs/Property/property_export.h -Wb,skel_export_macro=TAO_Property_Skel_Export -Wb,skel_export_include=orbsvcs/P...

Clarion 6.3 build 9056 and Windows 98
Hi All, Please help! I have only recently updated my system from 6.1 to 6.3 build 9056. Ever since the upgrade users that are still using Windows 98 are have intermitant problems printing. The symptoms are the system either locks up or they get tiny text on the print. A clue may be that most of the prints are skipping the previewer and flushing straight to the printer. I also assign a specific printer using {propprint:devicename}. Anyone have any ideas? We dont experience this problem with Win XP. TIA Justin ...

Clarion problem
I have problem working with Clarion 6.3 EE (9056) when I transfer it from old laptop to new one. I just copy Clarion6 folder to new laptop. Problems is when I like select any function from menu (Application, Project,...) or select by right button Property on any object (button, list box...) Clarion immediately exit, without any message or saving app. I try work in Safe mode Win XP pro and Clarion working ok. I test with other type of laptop, everything is ok. What should be problem... Thanks, Nebojsa Nebojsa, You need to do some things before trying to use clarion on a new system: - Copy the clarion directory on the new computer - Add a clarion entry in your win.ini (look at your working win.ini to know what you have to add) - Modify your system path statement to include c:\clarion6 path or whatever... you may also have a look at the c60xxxxxx.ini in you bin directory, more especially if you changed the drive letter or the path of the new installation on the new system Regards -- Olivier Cretey I would probably suggest to delete all .INI fiels in your Clarion6 directory and see if it helps. Arthur "nurosev" <ed@eurodata.hr> wrote in message news:f6squu$s5i$1@ss408.t-com.hr... >I have problem working with Clarion 6.3 EE (9056) when I transfer it from >old laptop to new one. I just copy Clarion6 folder to new laptop. Problems >is when I like select any function from menu (Application, Project,...) or >select by right button Pro...

Clarion 6.3 tables/field box missing in editor
Hi I have noticed that the field list has vanished from the editor page. Checked pref setup of editor but could not find any ref. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Dennis Denda wrote: > Hi > I have noticed that the field list has vanished from the editor page. > Checked pref setup of editor but could not find any ref. > Any help would be appreciated. > Cheers > Dennis Hi, At Classic Website Templates you can find cool HTML Website templates, Flash templates and banner designs which are useful in website designing at affordable prices. All templates are attractive, easily customizable, professionally designed and can be used for personal and business website. http://www.classicwebsitetemplates.org thanks and regards, syam kumar ...

Web resources about - Problems with Oracle/Clarion 6.3 - comp.lang.clarion

Why Telstra's network problems could cause long-term damage
Australian phone and internet providers suffer daily network problems and outages. But Telstra falls the hardest when customers see behind the ...

Why Telstra's network problems could cause long-term damage
Australian phone and internet providers suffer daily network problems and outages. But Telstra falls the hardest when customers see behind the ...

Why Telstra's network problems could cause long-term damage
Australian phone and internet providers suffer daily network problems and outages. But Telstra falls the hardest when customers see behind the ...

Brussels terror attacks are Europe's problem, not just Belgium's
Belgium's security forces could have done more to prevent the Brussels attacks, but so could every security service in the world.

John Oliver: All Of The Legal, Economic, And Practical Problems With Donald Trump’s Wall
About the Trump wall. There are just a few problems with that...

Mini-review: tvOS 9.2 fixes all the Apple TV’s biggest problems
... the work of building the Apple TV into a platform rather than just a streaming box. That platform mostly seems solid, and its biggest problems ...

Leak suggests iPhone 7 might actually address the iPhone’s biggest problem
... and a brand new report brings us more information suggesting that Apple's new iPhone 7 might actually address the iPhone lineup's biggest problem. ...

The world’s wealthiest failed state... a population that’s complicit.... a very strong implantation ...
... its success in arresting [the alleged leader of the Paris massacre Salah] Abdeslam, Belgium continues to present a special security problem ...

Here's Why Apple Has a Big iPhone Problem
With sales expected to decline, the company shakes up the schedule.