Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI)

Dear Sir,

      I have  a text file ( unicode) i want to transfer this file to
text ( Ansi ) by command

Read up on MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte

http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Intl/unicode_17si.asp

text-text

text + text

How to write unicode text from RTF to a text file
I'm posting again a question I have asked previously in a more simple way.. We are using RTF control (memo field in a DBF) to store some unicode description in more than 2 languages (this is for a real estate app that describes a property in more than 2 languages). In order to interface with a site, we need to just create a unicode text (xml) adding some unicode string extracted from this RTF control. So far we didnt manage to achieve this as all txt created with VO is ANSI (of cource..) Can anybody suggest a VO solution to this, or do you think this is impossible? Thanks a...

Pages

text 2 text

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

Converting A Unicode Text File to An ASCII Text File
We have a large number of text files built in Unicode that we need to be read by SAS. SAS does not read Unicode text. To convert the Unicode text to ASCII text we did the following: A Unicode text file adds an additional blank space to each character. To remove this blank character, you can use the code below. The hexidecimal value '00' is a blank character. So remove it using the SAS statement '00'x. The 'x' tells SAS you are reading hexidecimal. Use RECFM=N to tell SAS that you are reading a stream of data that will not conform to a typical file structure. SAS will treat the file as a very long single record. data _null_; infile 'c:\xmlfile.xml' recfm=n; file 'c:\ascifile.txt' recfm=n; input c $1.; if c ne '00'x then put c $1.; run; ...

PHP - using mail() and unicode text
I have the following problem. On a website there's a (simple) feedback form. This is used also by Polish visitors who (of course) type Polish text using special characters. However, when I receive the text in my mailbox, all special characters have been turned into mess...... For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "współprace". It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well (when I 'echo' the strings on the site, I see the text correctly), until the point that it is send by using mail(). Is this a server configuration issue? Or something el...

Re: Converting A Unicode Text File to An ASCII Text File
Mike, SAS does not read Unicode text. It is not true encoding=utf8 exist HTH Andre I tried upon this contents (a french one saved in utf8) but showed here in windows Nom,Adressé "Bob","cité Bergère" "Ann","impasse Dôme" with this code under sas windows options validvarname=any; filename a "z:\utf8.csv" encoding=utf8; PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.PAPER3 DATAFILE=a DBMS=CSV REPLACE; GETNAMES=YES; DATAROW=2; RUN; the results are Nom Adress� Bob cit� Berg�re Ann impasse D�me But perhaps you have another problem Bachenot a �crit : > We have a large number of text files built in Unicode that we need to > be read by SAS. SAS does not read Unicode text. > To convert the Unicode > text to ASCII text we did the following: > A Unicode text file adds an additional blank space to each character. > To remove this blank character, you can use the code below. > > The hexidecimal value '00' is a blank character. So remove it using > the SAS statement '00'x. The 'x' tells SAS you are reading > hexidecimal. > > Use RECFM=N to tell SAS that you are reading a stream of data that > will not conform to a typical file structure. SAS will treat the file > as a very long single record. > > data _null_; > infile 'c:\xmlfile.xml' recfm=n; > file 'c:\ascifile.txt' recfm=n; > input c $1.; > if c ne '00'x th...

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Text IN an Image To Straight Text?
Hi. (I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm trying a few newsgroups) I have some .jpg's of text documents. Is there a utility which will work like OCR in a scanner, helping to convert the text WITHIN the image to straight text? I don't have a printer working at the moment, or I'd print the .jpg's and then scan them using OCR. (The format doesn't necessarily have to be .jpg) Thanks in advance for any help GP Yes, if the image is not to bad a pic (not much noise and all that). Try http://www.twocows.com/windows.html I know they have a couple of ocr programs s...

text in a widget, text-widget
hello i have an application with a couple of text widgets but i would like to add some functionalities that at first and second sight are not directly supported by the plain text widget itself - ? for example i would like certain lines of text within the textwidget to take different background colors according to certain parameters also i would like to be able to detect certain sentences or words that would become 'links' and by clicking them i would open up different windows any suggestions to solutions and widgets for the above problems ? - i probably could...

Search for text in a text field
Hi When posting a search box for the users, how do you take their input and search whether or not it is contained in a text field in many records and then diplay the records which contains the input. Thanks in advance, Luke. There is a function called InStr that will probably do what you require. Cheers, Chris "Luke Jones" <luke_jones_82@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:24bb1508.0407080157.d587c63@posting.google.com... > Hi > > When posting a search box for the users, how do you take their input > and search whether or not it is contained in a text field in many > records and then diplay the records which contains the input. > > Thanks in advance, > > Luke. ...

raw text, source text?
I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails I get is bad. It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At the end of most llines and other places. It can't send an apostrophe correctly. Instead it looks like �tm And something it sends looks like ·� � � � � � �, Maybe this is just more A's but what it looks like in my email is some Germanic R with a big dot next and 6 tiny �'s that look like the surf coming in. Once a month ago the email from one sender came in looking good, but he told me it was nothing he did and nothing he had control over. And the next time he wrote, it looked as bad as ever. Ralph in the Agent ng said that I'm getting the raw text and I should turn that off. AIUI, the raw text is always off in Eudora. I"m using version 7.1.0.9, the last or next to last version of the original Eudora. In fact there have been times over the last 20 years that I wanted to see the source text, but I couldnt' figure out how. So, how do I turn on the raw text? How do I turn off the raw text in the case of these two Gmail senders. Thanks. On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 00:23:38 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@bigfoot.com> wrote: >I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails >I get is bad. > >It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At >the end of mos...

highlight text in text widget
Hi, I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone help? Thanks neon writes: > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword &g...

HTML Text and Photoshop Text
Hey Folks: I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my webpage for a better quality look. But, using Composer, the HTML looks pretty darn OK. Thoughts? Composer? what is that.. I would much prefer using Adobe Photoshp for text titles. Their effects are nice & customizable & with CS2, you can do more with that. "Raoul" <gaycat56@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132628078.236760.142570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey Folks: > > I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my > webpage for a better quali...

matrix and text to a text file
Hi, I know some similar question have been solved before but I have been reading for a while and I didn't find the answer of my question so, I ask you. I want to create a text-file (.txt) where I will have some text and some matrixs. The format that i want is something like that: -Title- Name1. Name2. power(dbm): big matrix (12000X400) aprox frequency(hz) vector(1x12) aprox So, i created a m-file that can do this writing with fprintf every single character on the file using lots of for loops. It works good but if the matrix is that size it could take a time (about 7 min...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to highlight and drag over the rest of the area you want to highlight while holding down the left mouse button until you reach the end of the desired text. If you will always want to highlight the same section of text, then in the control's Got Focus event you can select text using code. Check the SelStart and SelLength properties in the VBA help file. -- Wayne Morgan MS Access MVP "Steve Richfield" <google@smart-life.net> wrote in message news:785c9c16.0411052022.261ec5e2@posting.google.com... > When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor > position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I > click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small > portion of the text in a text box. > > This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an > XP system. > > Ste...

Text recognition and Text to speech
I'm working on a project for Blind assistance using OCR and TTS . if you can help with the CODES needed for both phases of text recognition and text to speech conversion ...

Flowing text around text
Hi all, Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed piece of text with colored background? Something like: text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text except that I am unable to represent colored background in ASCII. :-) Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then use some package such as wrapfig to...

text field only for text
Hi I would like some help about the following : I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I limit this situation ? So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. TIA Paulo "Paulo Rodrigues" <amigo.alf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:<newscache$kgmtmh$bb1$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt>... > Hi > > I would like some help about the following : > > I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I > limit > this situation ? > > So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. > > TIA > Paulo Paulo, the online help is your FRIEND. Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii >= 48 And KeyAscii <= 57 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub Just put this code in the KeyPress event of whatever text field you do not want to contain numbers. OR you could glue thumbtacks to the number keys on all your users keyboards... Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. Avoid magic numbers, especially when you can use builtin VBA constants. The following is a little more intuitive to read and a future developer does not have to lookup 48 and 57 to see exactly what is being blocked. Private Sub Text2_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) 'Cancel any numeric keys If KeyAscii >= vbKey0 And KeyAscii <= vbKey9 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub The above solu...

aligning text and image-text
I use a program to make Email addresses harder for spammers to harvest. It converts them to slightly blurred images using http://mindprod.com/products1.html#MASKER When I embed them in text, I have figured out how to get them to align naturally with the surrounding text, but the browser inserts extra inter-line spacing above the line containing the image. You can see the effect at http://mindprod.com/book/books.html at the bottom of the page where it says: "Please email your feedback for publication, letters to the editor, errors, omissions, typos, formatting errors, ambig...

Web resources about - Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI) - comp.lang.clarion

UnicodeNepali.com - Unicode Nepali Converter and Tools
Unicode Nepali Converter. Unicode Nepali typing with any standard keyboard. Simply type in Roman and it will convert into Unicode Nepali. Won't ...

Search form - searching for Unicode characters by name
For example, searching for ampersand finds U+0026 AMPERSAND as well as other ampersand characters.Searching for coptic finds letters with COPTIC ...

Unicode Consortium
Welcome! The enables people around the world to use computers in any language. Our freely-available specifications and data form the foundation ...

Monospace (Unicode) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Monospace is a monospaced Unicode font , developed by George Williams . This font contains 2,862 glyphs . It includes characters in the following ...

Unicode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article contains special characters . Without proper rendering support , you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols . Unicode is ...

Emoji Free Emoticon Keyboard Art Text Pics Unicode for Tumblr Twitter Zoosk Facebook Instaframe Keynote ...
Get Emoji Free Emoticon Keyboard Art Text Pics Unicode for Tumblr Twitter Zoosk Facebook Instaframe Keynote iPages Kik Messenger KakaoTalk MMS ...

Unicode Consortium approves 36 new emoji including selfie, bacon, face palm
... good news for those who have a face palm moment or need to express their love of bacon or selfies &#8212; new emoji are on their way. The Unicode ...

Unicode Consortium approves 36 new emoji including selfie, bacon, face palm
... good news for those who have a face palm moment or need to express their love of bacon or selfies &#8212; new emoji are on their way. The Unicode ...

Unicode update lets you say 'spider,' 'dark glasses' in pictures
Unicode, the character-encoding standard that underpins a vast amount of the Internet and many computing applications, has been updated to include ...

Black emoji may finally be on the way, Unicode report reveals
Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, ...