Display running clock in clipper app.

Hi,
Is there an easy way to put a (running) clock on each screen in a clipper
application?
The format could be  HH:MM:SS  in a text format.
Thanks
Eric
Antwerp

comp.lang.clipper 3943 articles. 20 followers. Post Follow

On 28/03/2005 23:36, Eric Bloemen wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there an easy way to put a (running) clock on each screen in a clipper
> application?
> The format could be  HH:MM:SS  in a text format.
> Thanks
> Eric
> Antwerp

Use the NanForum library function FT_ONTICK()

<http://www.itlnet.net/Programming/Program/Reference/nanfor/ng1b5f7.html>

     // Set up a self-updating on-screen clock

     FT_OnTick( "CLOCK", 9 )

     procedure Clock

     local nRow := Row()
     local nCol := Col()

     @ 0, 0 say Time()

     SetPos( nRow, nCol )

     return

Phil

--
Philip Chee <philip@aleytys.pc.my>
[ ]CURSOR: What you become when your system crashes.

inputdlg is not displayed how it should
Hi, I have learned that this is a bug in R12 / R12.1 from <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-18Q16.html?solution=1-18Q16> Unfortunately, the suggested workarounds do not work for me (I tried them both). Do you have any other ideas/experiences which could help me? Thanks, Bernd ...

sending an interrupt to a running program using expect
Hi All, I have written a small Expect script to analyse how to send an interrupt to a running process in UNIX. In my script i have telnet to a UNIX machine entered the login ID and password. all of this is done using 'expect' waited for the prompt, then issued the sleep command for 50 seconds. i set the timeout to be 10 seconds and waited for the prompt. Since the timeout block is reached now, i wanted to stop the running process. Usually to stop the process, i usually press Cntrl+C to interrupt the execution or press Cntrl+Z to stop the process.. But how would i send the Interrup...

remove running app from the dock
hi there i'm using pthclock in panther 10.3 a nice little app just showing the time with lots of configuration options. unfortunate pthclock show in the dock as a running application. can i some how tell the system not to show this application in the dock? other processes (daemons, webserver, etc) do not show up either... thanks, leo On 2004-02-09 23:25:42 -0500, "leo" <halloleo@noospaam.myrealbox.com> said: > hi there > > i'm using pthclock in panther 10.3 a nice little app just showing the time > with lots of configuration options. > > unfo...

compiler run time model?
can someone throw light on what a compiler run time model is? Regds - Tom ...

How to get a CT60 running MiNT and other questions.
Hello everyone, I haven't browsed this group for the better part of three weeks. During this time, I actually got my CT60 running (Thanks, Mark!). It was a harrowing experience cutting the chip leg without destroying the board, I'll tell you! As usual, success begets yet more questions, so here goes: 1. Where is the current "newbie" FAQ for MiNT? I'd like this machine to be MiNT-based, unlike my other Falcon which runs Geneva/NeoDesk. (BTW, Geneva/NeoDesk run quite well on the CT60.) 2. What happened to text reading on the CT60? When I double-click on a file, I...

Using a Tk developed app on a pc w/o Tk installed.
I have recently developed a small program using perl/Tk. I am wondering, is it possible to run this on a PC that doesn't have Tk installed? Thanks. Micro Micro wrote: > I have recently developed a small program using perl/Tk. I am > wondering, is it possible to run this on a PC that doesn't have Tk > installed? Thanks. > > > > Micro > If you build a standalone exe; see any of http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR-0.89/lib/PAR.pm http://www.indigostar.com/pe...

UXGA Displays
Dell offers UXGA 1600 * 1200 dislays on the Inspiron 5150. Are there other manufacturers which also offer this? I cannot find this option on the Gateway or IBM sites. Is this a new screen option? Richard Kaplan wrote: > Dell offers UXGA 1600 * 1200 dislays on the Inspiron 5150. > > Are there other manufacturers which also offer this? I > cannot find this option on the Gateway or IBM sites. > > Is this a new screen option? No, they have been around for several years. IBM's current 1600 x 1200 model is the R50p. Previous 1600 x 1200 models were the A21p, A22p, A30p, ...

Pinkish Colour Display
I have a PIII 450MHz with Philips monitor 105E running WinME. Whenever I start the computer the monitor screen would turn pinkish and would stay on for some 10 minutes or longer before turning to normal. With another monitor, however, the computer works normally. The video card is ATI Rage IIC with VIA AGP patch. Would appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem. Thanks Joe Boon wrote: > I have a PIII 450MHz with Philips monitor 105E running > WinME. Whenever I start the computer the monitor > screen would turn pinkish and would stay on for some > 10 minutes or lo...

Display of bmp image on TMS320C6711
Hye ! can anybody send me C code to read a bmp image. I want to display it on TMS320C6711 processor with view option. Hi I have a C program which read BMP and convert it to PPM, and there is only include stdio.h header. If you have need it respond me back regards Dibyendu Modal er_narin@yahoo.co.in (Narinder) wrote in message news:<0q9lldc9lhl4@legacy>... > Hye ! can anybody send me C code to read a bmp image. I want to > display it on TMS320C6711 processor with view option. ...

surface display in drawing mode???
Hello, I'm have created an assembly of a covered utility trailer where I have the outer panels as a surface. I'm trying to create a view in the drawing to show how the trailer will look, but even in shaded mode the surfaces don't cover the members below. Does anyone know how to make surfaces block out whats behind them. thanks "Dennis Beifus" <dbeifus@dres.dnd.ca> wrote in message news:1060636803.620575@coyote... : Hello, : I'm have created an assembly of a covered utility trailer where I have the : outer panels as a surface. I'm tryin...

Strange Access 97 Behavior in Displaying Images
At first I was not certain what could cause Access 97 from displaying most jpeg images, but not all. After further testing, it seemed that all original images of less than 275 pixels per inch or less would display, but those close to 300 pixels/inch or greater would not (MS Access cannot recognize the file format xxx.jpg). The larger, original images were scanned and saved as .bmp (at 300 dpi producing a 15MB file). Then the images were saved as .jpg's around 1MB, and adjusted downward, but no luck. However, MS Photo Editor would open the larger jpeg file size images consistently. Is this...

running idl from a cron job
hi can someone give me a link to show how to run an idl peice of code from a unix shell script thanks russ Well, here's how I do it (there may be other ways tough). Define a shell script doing two things: - set up an IDL_STARTUP environmental variable with the full path to a valid IDL program (let's say is called idl_startup.pro) - start idl Then, in idl_startup.pro put in [your initialization for IDL] your_program exit end This way, you can put the shell script in your cron table, and this will execute your IDL initializations, then the program called your_program and exit...

dismaneling cinema display
Hi On the back of my 20" Cinema display there is a tube shaped 'thing' that connects to the base on which the screen stands. How can I take apart the screen from the base? Is there a manual for that somewhere? In article <fbd8b919-7410-42ed-8209-dded7742f4ae@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, lironba@gmail.com wrote: > On the back of my 20" Cinema display there is a tube shaped 'thing' > that connects to the base on which the screen stands. > How can I take apart the screen from the base? > Is there a manual for that somewhere? Are you talking about...

Can't load/use clock applet
This was originally known as bug #79861 with an earlier version of Gnome: Starting up Gnome-2-10.0 (ports updated 04/13/2005) with ClockApplet in panel, or attempting to add the ClockApplet via Panel menus results in: The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_ClockApplet". Any progress since 2005? I have a wristwatch, so this isn't a critical application. But sometimes the band feels tight. ...

Small Screen Display
Hello, I have a toshiba satellite pro 4600, and the screen displayed is always smaller than the size of the screen. i.e. my screen is 15' and windows 2000 professional displays a screen size of 11') Any ideas? I tried to play with screen resolution, to no avail. a.abdulwahab@gmail.com a �crit: > Hello, I have a toshiba satellite pro 4600, and the screen displayed is > always smaller than the size of the screen. i.e. my screen is 15' and > windows 2000 professional displays a screen size of 11') > > Any ideas? I tried to play with screen resolution, to no av...

created exe, now asks for vbinstaller when it runs
I created my .exe file, it worked fine. The next day (after a reboot) when I click on the .exe it kicks off what looks like a windows message that says "please wait while Windows configures {my project name}" then it'll ask for vbinstaller which its looking for on a CD. Anyone know whats up with this? I inherited this VB6 code from someone who is no longer here. I can eventually click cancel a bazillion times and it runs, but I don't want to have to put my user through that. -Pegster I'm going to answer my own question in case this happens to anyone else. Ru...

OT
I posted this to alt.games.video and didn't get a single reply. Any thoughts here? My son had a good idea and I am trying to make it happen. When we take a road trip, he wants to take his Xbox to play in the van. We plug it into an inverter that can handle the power requirements, but I don't want to take a TV along. Instead we want to use the laptop as the video display for the game. I have a Pinnacle Linx video input cable that we have installed on the computer, and with the bundled Studio software, we can, in fact, play Xbox on the computer. However, the window that displa...

[CM] Does the display server matter? Yes, No
From the «surprise: the Gnome guys say 'no'» department: Title: Does the Display Server matter? Author: Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:12:33 -0400 Link: http://lwn.net/Articles/591702/rss Robert Ancell contends[1]that the application toolkit is more important than the display server. "The result of this is the display server doesn't matter much to applications because we have pretty good toolkits that already hide all this information from us. And it doesn't matter much to drivers as they're providing much the same operations to anything that uses them ...

Problems with display of references
Hello, I have trouble with the correct display of my references. After each reference entry the word "pages" appears. Like below: 1. Abbott, A. P., Boothby, D., Capper, G., Davies, D. L., and Rasheed, R. K. Journal of the American Chemical Society 126(29), 9142=969147 (2004). pages I'm using JabRef 2.3.1 (but the problem is also present if I use v. 2.4), and the nature.sty (but the problem also exists with other styles). I created my .bib file from EndNote. All entries appear in JabRef as expected and seem to be ok: @ARTICLE{Abbott2004-9142, author =3D {Abbott, A. P. and Bo...

[News] Free Software Runs in Back End of Academia, Samba in Datacentres

ubuntu-newbie: Display is max of 1024*768 how to make it 1280*1024 or more?
I just successfully installed Ubuntu on a new amd64 motherboard with a new geforce 7600GS nvidia graphics card. The desktop is a light brownish shade and there is a tool bar with e.g. "Application" etc. The first thing I want to do is set the display to, at least, 1280 * 1024 (my LCD monitor) or greater (my CRT monitor). I have been following and trying the online help and I *think* the problem is that the correct Nvidia drive is missing because the options are limited to 1024 * 768? I tried installing NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-9631-pkg2.run and the terminal replied that is was a...

Display and display model
I have purchase a Java book that list a short number of 'display strategies': 1- maintain a model of the display 2- have the paint method draw the display based only on the content of the model 3- to change the display , update the model and then call the repaint method .... unfortunately the book doesn't provide any example for the above and I'm wondering what it means. Does anyone know? TIA, AJ "Marc Twain" <johndoe666_341@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:404a844f.0401130547.dbc2f25@posting.google.com... > I have purchase a Java book that list a sho...

display the frustum
hello: I am implementing the shadow map algorithm, I want to display the frustum of the light view. Compute the six planes is so complexity. Is there a simple way to do this. Thanks a lot. -- Good Luck! Yours HY. iShan wrote: > frustum of the light view. Compute the six planes is so > complexity. Is there a simple way to do this. What is complex in computing 6 planes? Actually this are the most easy geometrically computations. If you need the corner points of the frustum, to draw them ...

Debian Sarge Display problem
I am running Linux Debian Sarge distr.. When I installed it I had difficulty knowing what to put down for my VIDEO CARD - as it is built in to the motherboard. Everything turned out ok except for the display: it is almost 'square' on my 15" rectangular CRT....i.e.: there is ALOT of unused space on the display. Can anyone tell me where to look & what to do to reconfigure my display? Many Thanks In Advance - NuB. In comp.os.linux.help NuB <bng57[at]clear.net.nz> wrote: > I am running Linux Debian Sarge distr.. > Can anyone tell me where to look & what to do to...

laptop display and lid open/close?
Does anyone know the chain of events which occurs when a laptop running X has its lid opened or closed? I presume it's slightly different to a desktop machine running a CRT (where there's no concept of a 'lid switch') Does the hardware tell the kernel ACPI code that a lid event has occurred, and the ACPI code then notifies X, which then turns DPMS on or off as appropriate? Or is there some other process which happens? Is it even a software thing at all, or should the hardware turn off the display on lid close (enabling it again on open) - with software only doing ...