Display running clock in clipper app.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,
Is there an easy way to put a (running) clock on each screen in a clipper
application?
The format could be  HH:MM:SS  in a text format.
Thanks
Eric
Antwerp

0
Reply eric.bloemen (7) 3/28/2005 3:36:19 PM

See related articles to this posting

On 28/03/2005 23:36, Eric Bloemen wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there an easy way to put a (running) clock on each screen in a clipper
> application?
> The format could be  HH:MM:SS  in a text format.
> Thanks
> Eric
> Antwerp

Use the NanForum library function FT_ONTICK()

<http://www.itlnet.net/Programming/Program/Reference/nanfor/ng1b5f7.html>

     // Set up a self-updating on-screen clock

     FT_OnTick( "CLOCK", 9 )

     procedure Clock

     local nRow := Row()
     local nCol := Col()

     @ 0, 0 say Time()

     SetPos( nRow, nCol )

     return

Phil

--
Philip Chee <philip@aleytys.pc.my>
[ ]CURSOR: What you become when your system crashes.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How make one app display on the tool bar like the clock app?
Now, I create one app and it's icon can show on the tool bar. But it would disappear when the user does log out and then log in. I want that it can display when the user do log in like the clock app. Thanks! The code of my app is cocoa. Please send it for me if you have the example. Thank you very much!! -- In article <dr1jns$urm$1@news.cn99.com>, "yangzhe" <yangzhe@ingrasys.com.cn> wrote: > Now, I create one app and it's icon can show on the tool bar. > But it would disappear when the user does log out and then log in. > > I want that it ...

Running Ms Word from Clipper app
I am attempting to run Ms Word to edit existing documents from within my Clipper 5.2e app. I have built the subsystem to access the document storage using the excellent LFN Library by Klas Engwall. Now I just need to be able to SwpRunCmd() to run Ms Word, but I seem to be banging my head against the wall with this one. Can anyone share experience with this one? Cal Hi Cal, you can use Vouch32/Clipper from Pritpal Bedi (www.vouchcac.com) V32ShellExcute("MyWord.doc","open") But I think its much better to compile you clipper app with xHarbour, then you have no more pr...

Run Ms Word from Clipper app
I am attempting to run Ms Word to edit existing documents from within my Clipper 5.2e app. I have built the subsystem to access the document storage using the excellent LFN Library by Klas Engwall. Now I just need to be able to SwpRunCmd() to run Ms Word, but I seem to be banging my head against the wall with this one. Can anyone share experience with this one? Cal On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 06:35:46 -0400, cal <c@cal.com> wrote: >I am attempting to run Ms Word to edit existing documents from within >my Clipper 5.2e app. I have built the subsystem to access the >document storage...

Clipper App running on WINXP PROF: Stackerror
Nicht behebbarer Fehler 667: Fehler im Ausf�hrungsstack running the app in winxp PROF the app will crash with the above error running the app in a real dos machine will not result in error What to do ?? the error message in english: Unrecoverable error 667: Eval stack fault Am 30.03.2011 11:43, schrieb Eckhard Sallermann: > Nicht behebbarer Fehler 667: Fehler im Ausf�hrungsstack > > > running the app in winxp PROF the app will crash with the above error > > running the app in a real dos machine will not result in error > > > What to do ?? Eckhard > Un...

win32 app. displays no window but process runs
Hey folks, Hopefully soon I'll be able to answer questions too, I won't feel quite as bad about asking so many :) Problem Summary: Client program builds with no warnings in VC6 and when I go execute it, nothing happens (that I see) not even a flicker. I pull up Task Manager (win2k) and there is no "application", but its process is running. It doesn't give me any dialog boxes (to say it can't reach the server which I'm not running). Circumstances: Well, I've been working on skinning (gotta have an attractive application, right? :P) and I just f...

DISPLAY var troubles running (some) GUI apps remotely
Machine: Sun Ultra SPARC III O/S: Solaris 9 When SSH'ing into Solaris 9 I am able to run most gui apps. However, some of the really important apps we need to run from client workstations require the DISPLAY var be set. sshd_config is using the defaults. i.e. XDisplayOffset 10 Once connected to the server, I've tried setting the DISPLAY env var to: Hostname:0.0 Hostname:1.0 localhost:1.0 and various other combinations of the hostname and localhost with various screen settings. i.e. DISPLAY=localhost:1.0; export DISPLAY Any suggestions? John On 18 Sep, 01:10, John <tuxs...@gm...

Running a GUI app w/o a GUI display
Is there a way in Linux to create a "phantom" X Session so that I can run my GUI app without actually having a Display available? My GUI app can run in a non-interactive way if given a certain command-line switch, but various windows still appear and disappear during the process. Now, it is desired to occasionally run the program from cron, but it will fail if it has no access to a graphical display. So is there a way to fool it into thinking it does have a graphical display by creating some sort of "phantom" display? Mark Mark wrote: > Is there a way in Linux to cr...

Running a Python app on a remote server and displaying the output files
I have a Python 2.7 script at https://github.com/jhsu802701/dopplervalueinv= esting . When I run the screen.py script locally, the end result is a new s= creen-output sub-directory (within the root directory) and a results.csv fi= le within it. What I'm trying to do is put this script on a remote server, run this scree= n.py script every night, and make the results.csv file publicly readable. I've tried to do this on Google App Engine, but I can't get it to work. The= Google App Engine tutorial revolves around trying to dynamically create a = web site, and I haven'...

Clipper app. won't run on VMWare virtual machine
Hi all ! I'm trying to run a Clipper application on VMWare virtual machine without any success. Application starts, displays entry screen and when I enter password (correct one), application simply exits displaying copyright string and "-1 471336939". I've copied that application from a Pentium-166 MMX computer where it runs just fine. I've tried with FreeDOS and MSDOS 7.10 under virtual machine - same result. All those "FILES=" and paths are set correctly. I've even tried slowing down machine (slowdown.com) in case that "CPU" is too f...

Max number of PRIVATEs in an app (follows on from: Exe won't run
When my exe would not run I modified it by converting 30-odd PRIVATE var=92s to one PRIVATE array and the problem went away. There is lots of discussion of STATICs in this group and on websites, but does anyone have a figure for the max number of PRIVATEs ? that's Y everyone change to 32bit harbour/xharbour "Reece" 在郵件張貼內容主旨 e0d6b883-2048-45be-bea2-502efd88b623@p16g2000vbo.googlegroups.com 中撰寫... When my exe would not run I modified it by converting 30-odd PRIVATE var’s to one PRIVATE array and the problem went away. There is lots of discussion of STATICs in this ...

How to run an app from another app
Hello, I'm trying to start an app from another. Now I use the execv system call: the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the execv to immediately return , and the first app to go on running. How can I do? Thank! "patrick carosso" <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> writes: > Hello, > I'm trying to start an app from another. Now I use the execv system call: > the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the execv to > immediately return , and the first app to go on running. > How can I do? > Thank! man fork -- M�ns Ru...

Hot to run an app from another app
Hello, I'm trying to start an app from another. Now I use the execv system call: the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the execv to immediately return , and the first app to go on running. How can I do? Thank! On 2004-09-26, patrick carosso <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> wrote: > Hello, > I'm trying to start an app from another. Now I use the execv system call: > the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the execv to > immediately return , and the first app to go on running. Learn about Posix programming and the fork(2) execve(2)...

Best app. to run PC apps through Mac?
Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so can't take advantage of Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac. Any suggestions? "eMac" <dcallaha@infionline.net> wrote in message news:1ggyxoc.9se1o61ha5ki0N%dcallaha@infionline.net... > Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the > PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to > file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so ...

app that runs another app every power-on
I'm loocking for an app that runs another app every power-on... ...

Running python apps from within python apps
Hello. I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer anywhere. I want to create a truly "dynamic" app which can get new functions "on-the-fly" and run them without having to re-start the main app. I've found the code module that looks kind of hopefull. For instance this works great: import code class myApp: def __init__(self): self.ii = code.InteractiveInterpreter() def kalle(self,str): return str.upper() def run_script(self,script): self.ii.runsource(script) app = myApp() app.run_script("print &...

C++ App to Run in DOS and Launch Another App
I have a problem that I can't seem to solve: I need to write a C++ app that will run off of a floppy. Basically, I will boot into DOS (from a floppy), and run my executable from the floppy. The executable will crunch some data and then launch another application. How can I launch the other application? I've tried system(), but it needs a specific path, which isn't viable in DOS mode. The two apps will be in the same directory, so basically this is the process: CrunchData(); LaunchApp(); How could I launch the other app? I don't think ShellExecute() or the Process cl...

Command to Create a trace from a Running App ... but not kill the app
I have used a command in the past, which I cannot remember, that gives a snapshot of the stack of a running process, but does not kill the process. It was not a dbx command. Does anyone know what UNIX command I am referring to? I have consulted several references. Thanks in Advance, D. Dino wrote: > I have used a command in the past, which I cannot remember, that gives > a snapshot of the stack of a running process, but does not kill the > process. > > It was not a dbx command. > > Does anyone know what UNIX command I am referring to? pstack? hth t On Tue, 13 F...

Running Windows App with Full Screen DOS App
I am supporting an app written in Quicksilver (think Clipper Summer 87) which must run full-screen. It is on W2K or XP systems. We now require it to pass information to a Windows app which is a single dialog C++ MFC module. We communicate via reading and writing text files, and that works fine. The Windows app has to appear over the top and receive mouse clicks to process transactions. We want it be "in charge" for the duration of this part of the transaction. It doesn't run full-screen, but could. I am having trouble getting it to "pop-up". Things seem much m...

how to tell if run-time IDL app is already running?
How do I tell if another instance of my IDL application is already running? I'm talking about a run-time application that I build into a .sav file, which starts more or less like an executable when I double-click its icon. If I then double-click the same icon again, I do *not* want to run another instance: I want to check to see if the application is already running, and just bring it to the front or something. The XRegistered trick that works fine from within a single IDL session does not work in this scenario, I believe since two independent instances of IDL are running the two applic...

How do I launch a new Java app from a running Java app?
Here is the motivation for my question. I have a Swing-based application that is launched using Web Start. I would like this application to launch other application instances using it's own classpath (e.g. fork new instances of itself) when the user invokes certain functions. I know that I can use Runtime or ProcessBuilder to launch another Java application. If I use this approach, how can I get the current application's classpath so that I can pass it as an argument to the Java sub process? Sincerely, Steve A On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 02:57:28 +0800, steve.albin@gmail.com wrote (in arti...

My app stops 16-bit subsystem apps running
I'm developing an app that uses a third-party library. If I build the app with the latest version of that library, start it running, and then try to run any program that uses the 16-bit Windows subsystem, that program locks up until I kill my app, when it starts to run, and will complete successfully. Older versions of the library don't have this problem. I've tried using SysInternals' Process Explorer to see what's changed, but closing the handles only opened by the newer version of the library doesn't help. Any other ideas? Thanks, S. Simon Morr...

Running Windows App with Full Screen DOS App
I am supporting an app written in Quicksilver (think Clipper Summer 87) which must run full-screen. It is on W2K or XP systems. We now require it to pass information to a Windows app which is a single dialog C++ MFC module. We communicate via reading and writing text files, and that works fine. The Windows app has to appear over the top and receive mouse clicks to process transactions. We want it be "in charge" for the duration of this part of the transaction. It doesn't run full-screen, but could. I am having trouble getting it to "pop-up". Things seem much m...

Is app running?
Hi All I have a clarion app which runs on a server. Each time the app is called I would like to be able to find out how many versions are already running and where (ie on which computer on the network the user is running from.) I can use the win32 api call FindWindow to get local versions but the remote windows remain a problem. Thanks for any help Dave Alexander you would have to broadcast a udp message and see what responses you get. would work for a lan not wan. nettalk would help. jim kane <davea@mms.com.au> wrote in message news:sihhvv8ji8ucdf42r2f10fh9e9dmt3o5j9@4ax.com... &g...

MacBook Pro retina display does not run 3 Thunderbolt displays
just for the record, A MacBook Pro at this time, does not run three 27 inch Thunderbolt displays concurrently. Had the MBP delivered 2 days ago, and connected 2 TB displays ( one DOA; it happens, no biggie). Took the opportunity on phone to Apple to ask if it would run a third TB display via HDMI, so I could have an extended desktop; after some referral, answer is yes, so I ordered a third, A replacement for the DOA arrived today, and the new third display. 2 connected via TB, the third via HDMI m-m cable ( techlynx) to a TB (f-m) adaptor; bought form the local Apple indep...