DOS open error 2

Hi,

I run a DOS application created using Clipper 5.01 on a Windows ME machine
and got the error message "DOS open error 2".  Can somebody tell me what
"DOS open error 2" is.  The same application runs on Windows XP machines
without any problems.  Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
should watch out for?

Thanks,
Peter Tan

0
jtsgrp (1)
3/15/2005 2:20:53 PM
comp.lang.clipper 3946 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"JTS Group " <jtsgrp@singnet.com.sg> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Can somebody tell me what "DOS open error 2" is.

Dos error 2 = File not found

0
Roby1 (12)
3/15/2005 2:39:39 PM
Peter

> Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> should watch out for?

Yes - the fragility of the OS.

--
HTH
Steve

0
steveqNOSPAM (402)

I remember that ME on every startup replaces autoexec.bat and config.sys
with empty dummys, so if you set any environment thats gone.

HTH
Tom

"Stephen Quinn" <steveqNOSPAM@integritynet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Peter
>
> > Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> > should watch out for?
>
> Yes - the fragility of the OS.
>
> --
> HTH
> Steve

0
tom.knauf (48)
3/16/2005 7:45:04 AM
Tom,
> I remember that ME on every startup replaces autoexec.bat and config.sys
> with empty dummys, so if you set any environment thats gone.

Sorry, this in not exactly correct.
Any SET you put in autoexec is kept. Please have a look at the last
lines of this post.

> HTH
> Tom
>
> "Stephen Quinn" <steveqNOSPAM@integritynet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Peter
> >
> > > Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> > > should watch out for?

Stephen,

> > Yes - the fragility of the OS.

Donot agree.
I work every day with: main machine=WinME and Laptop=WinXP Pro

To run Clipper applications, I find ME is perfectlly safe and stable.
For example:
- Calling external programs (pkzip, blat): works good in ME. Had
problems with other machines running XP;
- Network drives not connected at boot time: never happened with ME,
happens a lot at some sites with XP clients.

I could agree with you, if we were at "comp.os.for.general.use", but
not at "comp.lang.clipper".
Regards,
Ant�nio Vila-Ch�
Portugal

Output catched at Win ME dos box:
C:\>ver

Windows Millennium [Versao 4.90.3000]

C:\>type autoexec.bat
SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\UTS;C:\BX;C:\CLI5\BIN;"C:\Programas\Mi
crosoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\";i:;g:;h:\bcc\bin;h:\xhb\bin;
SET windir=C:\WINDOWS
SET winbootdir=C:\WINDOWS
SET COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
SET PROMPT=$p$g
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET BOXER=k0 t3 s h c C4 e.PRG.TXT.C.BAT.HTM 4 Fm500
SET CLIPPER=F151
SET INCLUDE=C:\CLI5\INCLUDE
SET LIB=C:\CLI5\LIB
SET OBJ=C:\CLI5\OBJ
SET PLL=C:\CLI5\PLL
SET DIRCMD=/4

C:\>type config.sys

C:\>
0
nop07408 (25)
3/16/2005 6:17:07 PM
I once spend a 1/2 day of quality time with that error.  After I tried to
open the file in Dbase, I found out that I was missing the .dbt file.

"JTS Group " <jtsgrp@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I run a DOS application created using Clipper 5.01 on a Windows ME machine
> and got the error message "DOS open error 2".  Can somebody tell me what
> "DOS open error 2" is.  The same application runs on Windows XP machines
> without any problems.  Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> should watch out for?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Tan

Bad capacitors
Well it looks like bad capacitors are in the news again, this time even making the popular press: http://news.com.com/PCs+plagued+by+bad+capacitors/2100-1041_3-5942647.html?tag=nefd.pop As someone who has experienced this exact issue on my home PC (using an MSI K7N420 motherboard) as well as having seen it at work on some systems, I know that the issue is serious and can be a real pain in the ass. It's good to see that Dell is finally owning up and fixing their defective system boards, though I would like it if HP, IBM and all the motherboard companies would do the same. --...

Error message when using function 'impixelregionpanel'
I'm using Matlab 7.5.0 (R2007b). When I was trying to use function impixelregionpanel or imscroolpanel in the format of impixelpanel(Hfig, Himage), it gave an error message like Function IMPIXELREGIONPANEL expected its second input argument, HIMAGE, to be a handle of one of these types: image. Instead, its type was: figure. The same error message came up even when I copy and paste the codes from matlab examples. Appreciate your help! On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:49:02 -0400, jie <sunmoon286@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm using Matlab 7.5.0 (R2007b). When I was trying to use function ...

Error: Path to URL.VI
Why path to url.vi in Open HTML Report in Browser (Path).vi put the text <a href="file://localhost/" target="_blank">file://localhost/</a> before my net path builded with Current VI's Path.vi. &nbsp; Example: &nbsp; File Location: <a href="file://\\server01\labviewproduction\help\pag01.html" target="_blank">\\server01\labviewproduction\help\pag01.html</a> &nbsp; file location=file patch =&gt; path to url =&gt; <a href="file://localhost/server01\labviewproduction\help\pag01.html" target="...

crazy error message
ERROR:HDLCompiler:25 - "C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/My Documents/My Dropbox/Comp Arch/FinalProject/top.vf" Line 1351: Module <ALU16Verilog_MUSER_top> does not have a port named <a>. ERROR:HDLCompiler:25 - "C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/My Documents/My Dropbox/Comp Arch/FinalProject/top.vf" Line 1352: Module <ALU16Verilog_MUSER_top> does not have a port named <b>. ERROR:HDLCompiler:25 - "C:/Documents and Settings/[username]/My Documents/My Dropbox/Comp Arch/FinalProject/top.vf" Line 1353: Module <ALU16Verilog_MUSER...

Re: Hp3000 hpsusan #2
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:32:31 -0500, Brian Donaldson <bmdinsocal@AOL.COM>=20= wrote: >If not how can I change it? You can't as far as I know.... You don't know very far. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * Legally, there can not be two systems in operation with the same HPSUSAN. =20 This not only violates HP's licensing, it also effectively allows pirating of 3rd party software. That said, there are, indeed, those that are willing to let you take the ri...

Check if opened process is still running
Hi, I have opened a process with open FH, "|myproc"; My program is running in an infinite while loop and shall exit if the opened process has been closed. How can I check this? Thanks a lot Hendrik vom Lehn Hendrik vom Lehn <webmaster@hennevl.de> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc: > Hi, > > I have opened a process with open FH, "|myproc"; > My program is running in an infinite while loop and shall exit if the opened > process has been closed. How can I check this? $SIG{ CHLD} = sub { die "kid finished" }; For %SIG, see "perldoc per...

Sun Inventory for Sale #2
Price and Availability can change without notice! Please email Phil@gcw.com or call 800-587-7882 ext 249 For complete inventory list & Qnty discounts. Category Item Number Item Description Condition QTY Price PROCESSORS 501-5040 300MHZ ULT5/10 PROCESSOR Refurb 9 $25.00 PROCESSORS 501-5090 333MHZ PROCESSOR FOR ULTRA 5,1 Refurb 6 $45.00 EXT ENCL A1000-12 A1000 12 Bay Tabletop Array w/Controller Refurb 1 $1,425.00 EXT ENCL A1000-12-R A1000 12 Bay Rackmount Array w/Controller Refurb 1 $875.00 BASES A21UJC1Z9P-C000CP Ultra 5/400MHz, PGX24, 9GB, CD, Floppy Refurb ...

Re: exporting SAS output to Excel worksheet #2
Hi Maryann - Do you want to output SAS data sets, or SAS output (ie tables, etc.)? If it's SAS output: One wonderful thing that I didn't learn til *after* grad school (and I still question why I didn't learn it earlier!) is ODS output. Basically, you can tell SAS to send everything that comes up in the Output window to a file of type html, pdf, rtf, etc. you say something like: ods html body= 'C:/folder1/filename.html' rs=none; proc print data=file1; run; *have to have run statement in there!; ods html close; run; Then go to excel and open the html file in ...

IP/FPT from DOS
Is there a library/system for connecting to the net from a DOS app and uploading via FTP or other protocol with or without Clipper. Gary (Long time Clipper Developer. I have done serial communications and modem control with Clipper in the past and have done a lot of Net development in VO. Just not DOS with the Net.) Pritpal Bedi's Vouch32 http://www.vouchcac.com/vouch32/vouch32.htm had a V32Ftp() function. Ian Boys DTE "Gary Mize" <garymize@mizenet.com> wrote in message news:HmcLc.127448$JR4.120866@attbi_s54... > Is there a library/system for connecting to the ne...

LILO version 22.7.2 released
LILO release 22.7.2 is based upon Werner Almesberger's LILO version 21. Version 22.7.2 is a minor update to version 22.7.1 o Keywords "noraid", "nokbdefault", "nokbdisable" are added. o Compensate for common BIOS bug (sectors==0) on USB disk drives. o Increase kernel command line to 512 bytes. Version 22.7.1 is a minor update to version 22.7 o Expand device major/minor numbers to more than 8 bits. o Apply security updates to 'mkrescue' & 'QuickInst'. o Allow any keystrike (not just Shift) to display 'boot:' men...

Execute DOS app(w/ Dos Extender) on the platform with EFI+CSM ...
Nowadays current DTs or NBs adopt EFI BIOS and I heard that CSM(Compatibility Support Module) is a must-have until Windows 8 released... I want to know if those DOS applications "incorporating DOS Extender(Ex. DOS/32a)" can run on this environment ? * Environment means: boot the system with (EFI+CSM) to DOS mode via USB flash or floppy Disk... Thanks ! liaoo liaoo <jimmyliaoo@gmail.com> wrote: >Nowadays current DTs or NBs adopt EFI BIOS and I heard that >CSM(Compatibility Support Module) is a must-have until Windows 8 >released... > >I want to k...

your fortune cookie #2
you will have much good luck slek slke ai al owens lske s3 s lk339 akdn ali lkocn sonekslekwl. lskewqj iiao ...

DOS, 98, ME, and XP
I have a network using the SW with the OS which connects Win98 and WinME and WinXP just fine. However, I cannot get it to connect to WFW or DOS. Is there a way to do this? DOS cannot share folders. WFW can (from memory). With DOS you need to map drives to access network resources. How have you set your DOS or WFW computers up? What is not working? Angus Comber ac@NOSPAMiteloffice.com "Joe Ahlgren" <joe@geoclock.com> wrote in message news:WLvHd.2885$8u5.257@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I have a network using the SW with the OS which con...

[News] Free is Not Open, Open is Not Free

java.lang.ClassCastException #2
This piece of code works ok in JDK 1.4 and throws ClassCastException in 1.5 on the line with compareTo call: java.sql.Date d1 = new java.sql.Date(new java.util.Date().getTime()); java.sql.Timestamp d2 = new java.sql.Timestamp(new java.util.Date().getTime()); java.util.Date ud1 = d1; java.util.Date ud2 = d2; int diff = ud2.compareTo(ud1); Is this correct behavior in 1.5 or a bug? How can I make it use the compareTo method in java.util.Date? Nash. <nash_rack1@yahoo.com> wrote... > This piece of code works ok in JDK 1.4 and > throws ClassCastException in > 1.5 on the line...

ANN: True Launch Bar is a Superior replacement for standard Quick Launch. #2
True Launch Bar v2.2.0.7 released *******True Launch Bar********* True Launch Bar is a Superior replacement for standard Quick Launch. Allows you to combine your shortcuts in groups. This feature looks like popup menus. This vastly improves the management of your shortcuts and save working space on desktop. True Launch Bar fully support Drag & Drop. You can simply drop needed shortcuts on toolbar. Using feature named Virtual Folders helps you add content of any folder as menu. You can add Printers, Dialup Networks etc. and control them using context menu. Now you forgot about Start button...

US-TX-Austin: EDI Translater, EDI 270/271, Scripting; open (45351457872)
US-TX-Austin: EDI Translater, EDI 270/271, Scripting; open (45351457872) ======================================================================== Position: EDI 270 Developer Reference: WMM00021 Location: Austin, TX or Albany NY Duration: open Skills: EDI 270/271 Scripting EDI Tools EDI Translations and Transmissions Scope: Complete EDI Translation and Verification Develop EDI 270 /271 module for insurance verification system. Develop EDI 270 /271 module for insur...

test #2 1627589
Please disregard this message. "Jamey Cribbs" <jcribbs@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:6QF5b.581$FJ5.34940@twister.columbus.rr.com... > Please disregard this messag Please use misc.test to test-post: first open that newsgroup and 'catchup' (have newsreader mark all as read; then make test post with distinctive subject, then wait a bit, depending on your news source, then reopen misc.test (with ignore-read-messsages set) and look for post. Terry J. Reedy ...

running dos commands from perl script
My apologies for posting on this over hashed subject, but I need to set up environment variables in DOS(XP) then execute a program using the vars. I'm not having any problem with the individual commands, but can't get the executable to to use the previously set variables. Here's my code: !/usr/bin/perl -w system 'set var_1'; system 'set var_2'; system ' c:\progs~1\runexe.exe jobname >c:\xx.xx'; edwells@statestreet.com writes: > My apologies for posting on this over hashed subject, but I need to set > up environment variables in DOS(XP) then exe...

help with blkdiag() #2
I have a 2D matrix 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 I want to create a diagonal matrix without using loops and using blkdiag() ie matrix 1 2 3 4 5 alll zero 0 0 0 0 0 6 7 8 9 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 11 12 13 14 15 0 0 0 ... 16 17 18 19 20 I don't want to convert it to cell array (because the matrix is large, conversion is time consuming). blkdiag() only accept ( row vector, row vector...) Thanks Tim A...

any java based open source alternative to rational Rose CASE tools?
I am looking for an open source CASE tools that is used an althernative to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools. any recommendation? ~manchi On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 02:59:50 +0800, manchi <manchi@starhub.net.sg> wrote: >I am looking for an open source CASE tools that is used an althernative >to Rational Rose, preferably a Java based tools. > >any recommendation? http://www.argouml.org HTH, Andreas -- itfreelance.de - the solutions community http://www.itfreelance.de manchi <manchi@starhub.net.sg> writes: > I am looking for an open source CASE tools that ...

[ace-users] Re: I got a question about ASNMP (SNMP Receiver/Daemon) #2
Hi, The ASNMP code is not supported by the DOC group, so you'll either need to figure this out yourself or contact one of the companies listed at http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for commercial support. Thanks, Doug >> Is there any SNMP Trap Receiver Example in ACE 5.4 release version. >> When we check $ACE_ROOT/ASNMP/examples/trap Directory, there was >> just an trap sending Example. >> >> Can you provide SNMP Trap Receiver example which using ASNMP(ACE+SNMP) >> Api, please. >> &...

web2py 1.66.2 is OUT. New web2py book (2nd Ed.) is out too.
The new web2py book is available on lulu.com http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/web2py/4968879 Lots of new stuff with100 more pages (341 pages in total). Covers Auth, Crud, Services, interaction with Pyjamas, PyAMF, and better deployment recipes. Massimo ...

NMAKE error using RTW
When I try to build my simulink model using RTW I get the following error: NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '' Where '' is a user defined C S-function. I am using the Visual C++ 7 compiler. Any ideas what might be causing this. There is dynamic memory allocation inside the user defined S-Function...could this be a problem? Peter Anderson wrote: > <snip> > NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '' > Where '' is a user defined C S-function. I am using the Visual C++ > 7 > compiler. <snip> Peter, ...

usb external floppy drive under kernel 2.6
In Fedora Core 1 with kernel 2.4.22, my external usb floppy drive was seen as /dev/sdb. I compiled 2.6 and I don't know where the floppy drive is anymore. I might have missed some configuration options. In addition to the external usb drive I have a memory stick, also seen as some scsi device under 2.4.22. Would these devices be seen still as scsi under 2.6? Did I miss scsi support in the configuration? On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:39:56 -0500, Silviu Minut typed: > In Fedora Core 1 with kernel 2.4.22, my external usb floppy drive was > seen as /dev/sdb. I compiled 2.6 and I don't ...