DOS open error 2

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I run a DOS application created using Clipper 5.01 on a Windows ME machine
and got the error message "DOS open error 2".  Can somebody tell me what
"DOS open error 2" is.  The same application runs on Windows XP machines
without any problems.  Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
should watch out for?

Thanks,
Peter Tan

0
Reply jtsgrp (1) 3/15/2005 2:20:53 PM

See related articles to this posting

"JTS Group " <jtsgrp@singnet.com.sg> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Can somebody tell me what "DOS open error 2" is.

Dos error 2 = File not found

0
Reply Roby1 (12) 3/15/2005 2:39:39 PM

Peter

> Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> should watch out for?

Yes - the fragility of the OS.

--
HTH
Steve

0
Reply steveqNOSPAM (402) 3/15/2005 3:40:23 PM

Hi,

I remember that ME on every startup replaces autoexec.bat and config.sys
with empty dummys, so if you set any environment thats gone.

HTH
Tom

"Stephen Quinn" <steveqNOSPAM@integritynet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Peter
>
> > Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> > should watch out for?
>
> Yes - the fragility of the OS.
>
> --
> HTH
> Steve

0
Reply tom.knauf (48) 3/16/2005 7:45:04 AM

Tom,
> I remember that ME on every startup replaces autoexec.bat and config.sys
> with empty dummys, so if you set any environment thats gone.

Sorry, this in not exactly correct.
Any SET you put in autoexec is kept. Please have a look at the last
lines of this post.

> HTH
> Tom
>
> "Stephen Quinn" <steveqNOSPAM@integritynet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Peter
> >
> > > Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> > > should watch out for?

Stephen,

> > Yes - the fragility of the OS.

Donot agree.
I work every day with: main machine=WinME and Laptop=WinXP Pro

To run Clipper applications, I find ME is perfectlly safe and stable.
For example:
- Calling external programs (pkzip, blat): works good in ME. Had
problems with other machines running XP;
- Network drives not connected at boot time: never happened with ME,
happens a lot at some sites with XP clients.

I could agree with you, if we were at "comp.os.for.general.use", but
not at "comp.lang.clipper".
Regards,
Ant�nio Vila-Ch�
Portugal

Output catched at Win ME dos box:
C:\>ver

Windows Millennium [Versao 4.90.3000]

C:\>type autoexec.bat
SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\UTS;C:\BX;C:\CLI5\BIN;"C:\Programas\Mi
crosoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\";i:;g:;h:\bcc\bin;h:\xhb\bin;
SET windir=C:\WINDOWS
SET winbootdir=C:\WINDOWS
SET COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
SET PROMPT=$p$g
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET BOXER=k0 t3 s h c C4 e.PRG.TXT.C.BAT.HTM 4 Fm500
SET CLIPPER=F151
SET INCLUDE=C:\CLI5\INCLUDE
SET LIB=C:\CLI5\LIB
SET OBJ=C:\CLI5\OBJ
SET PLL=C:\CLI5\PLL
SET DIRCMD=/4

C:\>type config.sys

C:\>
0
Reply nop07408 (25) 3/16/2005 6:17:07 PM

I once spend a 1/2 day of quality time with that error.  After I tried to
open the file in Dbase, I found out that I was missing the .dbt file.

"JTS Group " <jtsgrp@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I run a DOS application created using Clipper 5.01 on a Windows ME machine
> and got the error message "DOS open error 2".  Can somebody tell me what
> "DOS open error 2" is.  The same application runs on Windows XP machines
> without any problems.  Are there anything about Windows ME machines that I
> should watch out for?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Tan

0
Reply mattfriend88 (3) 3/19/2005 5:07:54 AM
comp.lang.clipper 4085 articles. 20 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

fig cannot open, Error using ==> open at 164 #2
I just updated MATLAB in my windows xp system from an old version to version R2007b. I have tried to open matlab figure files that were produced and saved using the old version. some of them can be opened, some can not with the information below: ''Error using ==> open at 164 Unable to find function update_contextmenu_cb within G:\matlab\toolbox\matlab\scribe\@scribe\@legend\methods.m'' Can someone help me? ...

FAQ 8.26 Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? #2
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.26: Why doesn't open() return an error when a pipe open fails? If the second argument to a piped open() contains shell metacharacters, perl fork()s, then exec()s a shell to decode the metacharacters and eventually run the desired program. If the program couldn...

[wx 2.4.2, Mac OS-X, CW 8] wxDir.Open asserts an error
WX : 2.4.2 OS : Macintosh OS-X COMPILER: Code Warrior 8.0 When I try to open a directory (to search for files) I get an error. This works on Windows. wxDir dir( wxGetCwd()); if( ! dir.IsOpened()) return; if( ! dir.Exists( "Data" ) ) return; dir.Open( "Data ); // THIS FAILS The dialog I get says: dirMac.ccp(122): assert "err==noErr" failed: Error accessing directory. Please email me in addition to responding to the list. Thanks, Tom@ZihuaSoftware.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- Plea...

LV 8.2.1 Error 66 or 1379 occured at open Application Reference. A LV 8.2.1
Hi, LV 8.2.1 Error 66 or 1379 occured at open Application Reference. A LV 8.2.1 Using: Application access an other LV application on an remote PC with Vi-Server Technology. (Based on MS OS Windows XP SP2 with all patches ...) With LabVIEW 8.2.1 it is not possible (exactly: with one PC it works, with other PCs, (identical regarding configuration of LabVIEW-Components), the described errors occured ... There is no problem with LV 7.1.1. ( If the VI-Server Configuration of the .exe will be done within the .ini -File...) The differences between LV 7.1.1 are in the .ini-File of the application reg...

jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I got this error when I tried to start Borland JBuilder X Foundation: jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? Where can I get it? On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:45:15 -0800, Neo wrote: > What is libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? A compatability library. > Where can I get it? Google. If you want a more specific answer, at least you have to tell us which distro you're using. Sybren -- (o_ Q: God, root, what is difference? //\ A: God can change the byte order on the...

compile error re: Open Office 1.1.2 -> com_sun_star_lib_connections_pipe_PipeConnection.c: 558 syntax error before "void"
Anyone solved this ? Thank you, Courtney ...

Dos Error 4 #2
Hello, I am using Clipper Summer 87 version with Rtlink. My system is single user PC with windows XP SP2 OS. Whenever i try to open 9 databases and 50 indexes, i get Dos Error 4 Messages. I have set the following environment variable, In autoexec.nt 1. set clipper=f100 In Config.nt files=500 In My computer right click My computer->properties->Environment variable->System Variable-> have added clipper F120. Please help me how i can correct the issue. Thanks & Regards, V.Mahesh Kumar. config.sys 95,98,milliemiun set files higher config.nt 2000,xp set files there als...

GUI open error #2
I have a problem on running or opening the GUI .m/.fig,. I suddenly closed the MATLAB while the compiling status shows"stopped at debugger". then I tried to reopen the MATLAB & run the GUI, this error keeps coming up: Error using load Unable to read MAT-file F:\gui_MITBIH_gui_modified\ECG_12_lead_GUI_MITBIH\ECG_12_lead_GUI.fig: not a binary MAT-file. Try LOAD -ASCII to read as text. Error in C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a\toolbox\matlab\graphics\hgload.p>localLoadFile (line 167) Error in C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a\toolbox\matlab\graphics\hgload.p>hgl...

standalone - open file
i am trying to open a file (it can be text file or anything else), on clicking a push button in GUI. I m able to do this by using the command: open('Path/file.txt'); But my problem is, when i create a stand alone application of the program and run it, i am getting the following error: ??? Error using ==>m_file<'open_callback', gcbo, [], guidata<gcbo>> Error using ==> open at 125 ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback How do i solve this problem??? Can anybody help me in this regard, Thanks and Regards, Ashwini ...

Unhandled error opening mailboxes #2
Hi all, I've just installed Eudora 6 (sponsored mode) for the first time. Every time I try to open a mailbox I get an unhandled error and Eudora locks. I'm using winXP no service pack. Thank you in advance for any help and sorry for my poor english :-) Avo This is the exception.log file: //===================================================== Sun Feb 08 09:42:06 2004 6.0.3.0 Exception code: c0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION Fault address: 749423a3 01:001a13a3 C:\WINDOWS\System32\mshtml.dll Registers: EAX:0012e108 EBX:0012e10c ECX:00000002 EDX:00830002 ESI:00000...

desktop.open not working, no exceptions or errors #2
I am using Desktop.open(File) and on certain machines it works fine. Iam using JRE 1.6_02. Both machines are WindowsXP with the latestupdates (as of today). The appropriate extensions are mapped. When Itry to desktop.open() on a txt file it works properly on one box, butthe other box notepad.exe (the application associated with .txt)doesn't get launched. Are there any other parameters that I can lookfor on the non-working machine? Unfortunately there desktop.opendoesn't throw any exceptions, it just gets called and continues.I've also tried desktop.edit with the same results. someo...

FoxPro 2.6 DOS Run Error
I cannot run an external DOS program from inside Foxpro using the !/Run command. I confirmed the comspec variable, I checked it using Foxpro's getenv() function, so that tells me that Foxpro knows it's there. I confirmed there is enough RAM (35k), I added command.com into the c:\ directory. I am running, in this case, MS-DOS 6.22 with the 4DOS 7.5 command processor. No Windows, no Linux, no DOSemu. I get !/Run Command Failed. Help? Please note: In this case, google is NOT my friend. John John R. Sowden wrote: > I cannot run an external DOS program from ...

Re: Error to open excel file #2
Paul, It worked fine when I ran the code after a few adjustments, namely, I changed OFFICE11 to OFFICE12 and as a precaution, I generally avoid entering spaces and hyphens in path and workbook names. Robin High UNMC Paul Lambson <paullambson@GMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 01/15/2009 01:33 PM Please respond to Paul Lambson <paullambson@GMAIL.COM> To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc Subject Error to open excel file I current have SAS opening excel and then opening a workbook. This has worked with problem for week but the past ...

-ERR cannot open disk file error 2
I've just noticed that I've been getting the above errors when trying to fetch mail from UKGateway since last Friday (18th). All other email accounts are fine. It looks as if the error is coming from Tiscali's pop server, but I've no idea what's wrong and I haven't changed anything on my computer that would have affected it. Does anyone know what's going on? -- Hey, Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you. I know, and if she calls, I'm not here. ______________________________________________________ |\ /|...

psql error: cannot open libpq.so.3 #2
Thanks Tom, when I go down all files linked to libpq.so.3 end with a "statically linked" comment. I assume this is the desired result. However, I did find another libpq.so.3 in a different directory. When I ldd it I get "no such file or directory. Maybe the original installation by rpm put it there first. Could this problem be the result of upgrading a rpm installation with a source upgrade which put it in another directory, thus confusing psql? thanks, Phil ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain anal...

OS/2 DOS-VDM LAN error help?
I just hit a problem I've never seen before. I've got an OS/2 PEER LAN box set up as a server. I have another one set up as a work station. The work station is MCP2 latest XRC05 level code with all the MPTN and PEER fixes and so on. The PEER LAN 'server' box is, as best I can tell, set up for sharing drives C:, D: and E: here and for fixed addressing on LAN0 with local host on 127.0.0.1 as well. The work station box is set up, at least in this case, supposedly for fixed addressing, properly defined as to host name in config.sys and the TCP/IP setup. I've chosen ...

Re: Utility file open failed. error #2
jerryang@CISCO.COM wrote: > >When running a job in a long session and doing a proc sort on a 7 million >row dataset, I am getting a Utility file open failed error. > >When I open a new session and run the same sort on the same dataset, it >would successfully complete every time. > >Does anyone know why that might be? > >I heard it might be a temp space issue, but my server's temp space where i >am submitting these jobs have atleast 680gigs free (data set is about >200MB, >so it should be more than enough). > >i am running off of SAS 9.1.3 on a w...

FoxPro/DOS 2.6 error if no .CDX file
In the event that the .CDX file does not exist, opening the .DBF _usually_ causes an error-enough to stop the program. I have been looking for a way to keep this from happening, such as an argument in the 'use' command that instructs foxpro to ignore the missing .CDX file. Of course I can, and do, test for the existence of the appropriate files, but I want to recover in the process, not get a call that the program does not work. Thanks, John P.S. I rtfm! On 24.07.2010 03:04, John R. Sowden wrote: > In the event that the .CDX file does not exist, ope...

Re: DCL Enhancements: Error messages for OPEN and DEFINE #2
Hello, Didier Morandi wrotes: >>> A experimented DCL programmer may code *all* open that way: $../.. $ close/nolog in_file $ open/read in_file my_file $../.. $ close in_file This is what experience of *many* thousand of DCL coding taught me. <<< Sorry about my stupid question: will this not produce an error messsage (or warning) if the the file is already closed? Best regards Rudolf Wingert Rudolf Wingert wrote: > $../.. > $ close/nolog in_file > $ open/read in_file my_file > $../.. > $ close in_file > > This is what experience of *many* thousan...

Re: File is already open.Error in the FILENAME statement. #2
Demi <demi_yugov@YAHOO.CO.UK> wrote: > In Win 2000 SAS Version 8.2 batch mode I am using code like: > > goptions gsfname=gsasfile > noprompt > gsfmode=replace; Hmmm. Does this mean that you are writing over the previous graph each time? How many times do you run the macro, and what do you do to save the separate graphics? > %macro plotsmooth(score=, fgno= ); > > title1 h=2 j=l "Figure &fgno.: Smoothed daily &score. over time"; > filename gsasfile "F&fgno._&score..pdf"; > proc gplot; > plot &s...

Open-save .php file error instead of execute? #2
On one site I'm working on I occasionally get an error where instead of executing the PHP file as per normal, the browser sees the page as a file (therefore opens up a execute/save pop-up). All these pages work fine locally on my Apache/WinXP but produces these errors on the remote server (Linux/on Apache/1.3.34). Where do I start looking? I suspect there's some malformed headers being produced/sent as some of the scripts use re-direction. Or is it some basic Apache misconfiguration (it's on a remote hosted server)? Adam. Adam wrote: > On one site I'm working on I occ...

Re: ERROR: Open code statement recursion detected #2
Hi Rune, Where did you apply LENGTH statements once? The %GLOBAL declaration outside any macro at the main level of a program indeed does not cause error messages, but is redundant as all macro variables created at this level automatically are global. For quite a simple example of the implementation of the %LET statement see the posting of Jan Selchau-Hansen. This is the most elementary example. Using a %GLOBAL declaration from within a macro needs the following code: data ds1; infile datalines; input dsname $10.; datalines; _Aksjer _Ansatte _Koder _Kommuner _Seltyper _Skatter ; run...

Capturing error while opening DBF(exclusive) via ALS #2
Hi all, I've started using ADS in my app's not long ago. My app's are using ADS 8=2E0. This is my situation:: In one of my app's I have DBF's that reside on server and are controled via ADS. Also I have DBF's that reside on client machines and are controled via ALS. One of that local DBF's is allways opend in exclusive mode when showing data on a window (this is needed because I do Pack an Zap operations). Also when I need to append records in that DBF i check if it's opend, and if it is app returns error that DBF is allready opened. This is example...

dbenv->open with flag db_recover return error #2
Dave, Thanks for your answer. I will give more information about this error. I run my application with bdb on Windows 2000 professional. I use the bdb with version 4.2.52 NC. my application always use 4.2.52 version (with c),I don't use any bdb version before. the env file and log file is built by bdb in my application. the application is running OK,and then I draw the computer's power off. and then I make the computer's power on. when my computer start up, I run my application. Yes, When my application start,It will do a dbenv->open with flag DB_RECOVER...