How to change the default code page

Hi,
I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
application
which have chinese interface menu.
The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
Chinese),
but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't display
chinese char.

How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?

Regards,
Derek Yim

0
dalikyim (17)
6/29/2007 1:24:47 AM
comp.lang.clipper 3943 articles. 20 followers. Post Follow

Dear Derek Yim:

"Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop
> the clipper application which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950
> (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt,
> it change the code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so
> that my application can't display chinese char.

So you tried something like this:
http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-474891.html

> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the
> code page, or how can I change back the code page
> to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?

Note that plain Clipper S'87, 5.0x, 5.2x, and 5.3x cannot change
the code page.

What version of clipper are you running, and do you have the
source code?

http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about341576.html

Did you ever get your answer for Win2000?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.databases.xbase.clipper/msg/699f85326f7e8538

David A. Smith

0
dlzc (189)
I am using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 6.0 to develop the application.

Derek Yim

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" <dlzc@aol.com> ���g��l��s�D:6XZgi.9396$oh3.386@newsfe03.phx...
> Dear Derek Yim:
>
> "Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop
>> the clipper application which have chinese interface menu.
>> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950
>> (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese),
>> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt,
>> it change the code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so
>> that my application can't display chinese char.
>
> So you tried something like this:
> http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-474891.html
>
>> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the
>> code page, or how can I change back the code page
>> to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> Note that plain Clipper S'87, 5.0x, 5.2x, and 5.3x cannot change the code
> page.
>
> What version of clipper are you running, and do you have the source code?
>
> http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about341576.html
>
> Did you ever get your answer for Win2000?
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.databases.xbase.clipper/msg/699f85326f7e8538
>
> David A. Smith

0
dalikyim (17)
6/29/2007 2:35:21 AM
In article <46845e93$1@127.0.0.1> dalikyim@netvigator.com "Derek Yim" writes:

> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> application
> which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't display
> chinese char.
>
> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?

I have no idea if this would work, but have you tried running
your Clipper app from a batch file something like

  @echo off
  chcp 950
  yourapp.exe

and/or changing the properties of Command Prompt to run full
screen?  Alternatively you might be able to fiddle around with
those properties (or change some registry key) to enforce use of
codepage 950.  I'm guessing that such changes, if possible, would
have to ne to command.com rather than cmd.exe...

Not much help I'm afraid, but something to explore.

Pete
--
   "We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors,
    we have borrowed it from our descendants."
<pete@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <46845e93$1@127.0.0.1> dalikyim@netvigator.com "Derek Yim"
writes:

> > Hi,
> > I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> > application
> > which have chinese interface menu.
> > The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> > Chinese),
> > but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> > code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
display
> > chinese char.
> >
> > How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> > can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> I have no idea if this would work, but have you tried running
> your Clipper app from a batch file something like
>
>   @echo off
>   chcp 950

with my codepages, i found problem with raster font for cmd. not all
codepages had prepared raster font files. maybe it depends on install setup.
but, there is ttf font filemonoty corsiva, it allways displayed all
codepages characters for me.

0
sali5587 (72)
6/29/2007 11:16:57 PM
Derek,

Try changing the following string value in the registry :-

Value : OEMCP
Type  : REG_SZ
Key   : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls
\CodePage

On Jun 29, 2:24 am, "Derek Yim" <dalik...@netvigator.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> application
> which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't display
> chinese char.
>
> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> Regards,
> Derek Yim

0
cmoonhead (1)
The value already is 950.

Derek
<cmoonhead@hotmail.com>
???????:1183477943.874876.287810@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> Derek,
>
> Try changing the following string value in the registry :-
>
> Value : OEMCP
> Type  : REG_SZ
> Key   : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls
> \CodePage
>

> On Jun 29, 2:24 am, "Derek Yim" <dalik...@netvigator.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
>> application
>> which have chinese interface menu.
>> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
>> Chinese),
>> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
>> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
>> display
>> chinese char.
>>
>> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
>> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Derek Yim

0
dalikyim (17)
I try it, but the application change back the codepage to 437.
How can I change the codepage in clipper application ?

Derek

<pete@nospam.demon.co.uk> ???????:1183096663snz@nospam.demon.co.uk...
> In article <46845e93$1@127.0.0.1> dalikyim@netvigator.com "Derek Yim"
> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
>> application
>> which have chinese interface menu.
>> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
>> Chinese),
>> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
>> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
>> display
>> chinese char.
>>
>> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
>> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> I have no idea if this would work, but have you tried running
> your Clipper app from a batch file something like
>
>  @echo off
>  chcp 950
>  yourapp.exe
>
> and/or changing the properties of Command Prompt to run full
> screen?  Alternatively you might be able to fiddle around with
> those properties (or change some registry key) to enforce use of
> codepage 950.  I'm guessing that such changes, if possible, would
> have to ne to command.com rather than cmd.exe...
>
> Not much help I'm afraid, but something to explore.
>
> Pete
> --
>   "We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors,
>    we have borrowed it from our descendants."

0
dalikyim (17)
I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
It can display chinese char.
but why not run under win xp ?

Derek Yim

"Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> ���g��l��s�D:46845e93$1@127.0.0.1...
> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> application
> which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
> display
> chinese char.
>
> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> Regards,
> Derek Yim

0
dalikyim (17)
7/19/2007 2:19:21 AM

> Hi,
> I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
> It can display chinese char.
> but why not run under win xp ?

Let's see if Micro$haft is any help to you:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/country.mspx?mfr=true
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chcp.mspx?mfr=true

Now how do you normally execute you DOS application... shortcut
from desktop, shortcut from Programs menu, or run CMD and execute
a batch file?

David A. Smith

0
dlzc (189)
I run it on CMD and execute the bat file.

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" <dlzc@aol.com> ���g��l��s�D:X9Ani.602$gM1.527@newsfe10.phx...
> Dear Derek Yim:
>
> "Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
>> It can display chinese char.
>> but why not run under win xp ?
>
> Let's see if Micro$haft is any help to you:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/country.mspx?mfr=true
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chcp.mspx?mfr=true
>
> Now how do you normally execute you DOS application... shortcut from
> desktop, shortcut from Programs menu, or run CMD and execute a batch file?
>
> David A. Smith

0
dalikyim (17)
7/21/2007 1:57:57 AM

> "N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" <dlzc@aol.com>
> <6<g)s6l%s7s;D:X9Ani.602$gM1.527@newsfe10.phx...
>> Dear Derek Yim:
>>
>> "Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
>>> It can display chinese char.
>>> but why not run under win xp ?
>>
>> Let's see if Micro$haft is any help to you:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chcp.mspx?mfr=true
>>
>> Now how do you normally execute you DOS application...
>> shortcut from desktop, shortcut from Programs menu, or
>> run CMD and execute a batch file?

> I run it on CMD and execute the bat file.

Your windows 98 machine may have been upgraded from MS-DOS 6.22,
which supported code page 936.  Micro$haft does not support this
code page in their ship-with-WIndows DOS anymore.

CMD.exe does not accept 936.
COMMAND.com does not recognize 'chcp'.

Sorry.

You can switch to xHarbour.org or xHarbour.com if you have the
source code.  This will produce a Windows executable that looks
like DOS, but will accept Windows code pages (including 936).

David A. Smith

0
dlzc (189)

Default function parameter
Hi, Is there a way to provide a default for a function parameter. i tried function func (type, message, obj = "message") but it doesn't seem to work. It seems a bit ugly to make an if/else statement right at the begining of a function, just to imitate this behavior. B�rni wrote: > Is there a way to provide a default for a function parameter. > i tried > function func (type, message, obj = "message") > but it doesn't seem to work. I usually use this way to make default parameters: function func (type, message, obj) { obj = (typeof obj == "undefin...

Shortening Code
Hi, How can I make the following code shorter using macro variables? Thanks! proc sql; create table FileA as select * from outdata.a_data02; reset inobs=; create table FileB as select * from outdata.b_data02; reset inobs=; create table Xtab0202 as select a_name, b_name, count_a_data, count_b_data from FileA as a_name cross join FileB as b_name ; data outdata.Z0202; set Xtab0202; %macro_function(a_name,b_name,score); if macro_score > 0.5 then output; run; proc sql; create table FileA as select * from outdata.a_data02; reset inobs=; create table FileB as select * from...

Changing the initial layout
Hi All, Trying to build my first Cocoa project, I'm having lot's of fun, but there is this thing I can't figure out. I'm building a game, on the right I have an openGL thing and on the left I have Tabpages. Now I've created 4 different Tab's no problems there. The problem is that now allways all tabs are applicable, when the application just started, I just want to show 2 of them. So I've to do something like: [menuBar->AdvancedTab retain]; [menuBar removeTabViewItem: menuBar->AdvancedTab]; But the thing is I've no clue where to put ...

Changing the Change File Feature.
Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a similarly-named file in another directory? Thanks. It does not get changed automatically. Just Click NO! -- Hope this helps. Let us know. Wes MS-MVP Windows Shell/User In news:bPVue.8700$NX4.8680@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Neil <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked: > Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a > shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a > simila...

Printing to a device other than the default
Thanks in advance ! I have an application in which I have need to PRINT and FAX from BUT I do NOT want to change the default printer setting to avoid the following scenario: Ae user opts to FAX a document... does so, and then goes out to WORD, types up a document, goes to PRINT it... and instead of printing it gets FAXED ! I want to avoid this by NOT having to manipulate the Default Printer for every possible scenario... Does anyone know the best way to approach this ??? Given that I have captured the printer name I want to use, is there anyway I can achieve this ? I have already tried u...

Re: change value #3
Here's the (I think) analogous sql: proc sql ; update test set age = 20 where age = 200 ; quit ; -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of data _null_; Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: change value Here is a way, that works based on the information you have provided. Let's see if any one it paying attention :-) data work.test; input age sex:$1. @@; cards; 21 M 23 F 200 M ;;;; run; proc editor data=work.test; find 1,last age=200; list...

ComboBox change
I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? "Jules" <news@burnsville.freeserveXXX.co.uk> wrote: > >I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with >the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? > > Jules, I believe you want to set the Style property to "0 - Dropdown Combo". This allows the user to pick an item from the list or type into the combo box. Regards, Eric Sorry, my mistake, I m...

change of career?
Hi, I currently work as a software engineer on quite complex signal processing code which really does stretch the old grey matter. I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it and would like to pursue a career in something a bit less technically challenging. Does anyone have any thoughts about what would be a good move into? I'd like to say what motivates me.... but i'm not too sure. Thanks, James. Home Depot. You can do it. We can help. LOL <blokedownpub@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1168290930.424513.48240@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I currently work...

Trying to change ID value in @array
Hi, I'm trying to replace the ID number in my @array. Each entry of addressbook.txt has an ID number, a name and an email address separated by a "|" in this format: 1|Robert|rob@email.com 2|Gerry|gerry@email.com 3|Frank|frank@email.com A user simply inputs a number in a web form, then the data is passed to this deletion script: # Get array entries open (ADDRESSES, "<data/addressbook.txt") or die "Can't open file: $!"; @recipients=<ADDRESSES>; close(ADDRESSES); # Loop to locate and delete entry based on form data foreach $recipients(@recipien...

PPS and ntp_gettime( ) returns code 5 (ERROR)
hi all: Thanks for the previous posts here, I have got my CDMA clock setup as PPS mode. However, there are some errors that I can not find solution on the documents and previous posts. Appreciate very much if someone can help me on it. It is Freebsd 5.2 and NTP4.1.1 with PPS_SYNC configured and NANOKERNEL installed. The error messages is: rtm90# ntptime ntp_gettime() returns code 5 (ERROR) time c3de4711.40bc274c Wed, Feb 18 2004 15:18:25.252, (.252871944), maximum error 525516 us, estimated error 16 us, TAI offset 0 ntp_adjtime() returns code 5 (ERROR) modes 0x0 (), offset 0.000 us...

help with default constructor
Hi- I have this MyTextControl class definition below. How do i make a constructor like MyTextControl::MyTextControl( something goes here.... ?? ) { } I have a wxTextCtrl on a panel that is within a frame. Each time the user presses return I want to capture the contents of the control and read it into an array. The problem is if i dont have a wxTextCtrl constructor (other than the invisible default one), i can only put one set of data into the structure containing the array. I believe this is because each time onChar event is called and return is pressed, a new structure object...

how cani change font at console window
windows nt 4.0 i edit Lucida console and after that i cant see this font in property ...

PCA code
Iam getting the mean from the image after that we have to find variance.. But to find variance what should i write in code.... Becz we have to substract all the values of the image with mean value... Then we get variance "Prashant sangulgi" <psangulgi@gmail.com> wrote in message <i3u2v1$e3k$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Iam getting the mean from the image after that we have to find variance.. But to find variance what should i write in code.... Becz we have to substract all the values of the image with mean value... Then we get variance great... SO - what is your...

Address code optimization WWW portal back online
As a platform for information exchange regarding address code optimization in DSP compilers, we have relaunched http://www.address-code-optimization.org which has been created originally in 2003 (http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/03-03-162). Please visit the site and provide your feedback to make it a useful platform for a broad community working in this field. Best Regards, Thomas Zeitlhofer ...

How can I set default value for each column in a Database?
I created a database in my rails project and want to set default value for each column. I have read the self.up method of the file db\migrate\20081123094926_create_bay_infos.rb and thought that this is where I need to modify. But I don't know how to do this. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Zhao Yi wrote: > I created a database in my rails project and want to set default value > for each column. I have read the self.up method of the file > db\migrate\20081123094926_create_bay_infos.rb and thought that this is > where I need to modify. But I don't know how to do ...

changing CPerl indenting
I would like this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; Changed to this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; My eyes are blurry from looking for the answer. :-) I have cperl-mode on by default and I have the following in .emacs: ;; CPerl not Perl! (fset 'perl-mode 'cperl-mode) (add-hook 'cperl-mode-hook '(lambda () (cperl-set-style "PerlStyle"))) (setq cperl-hairy t) (setq cperl-indent-level 4) (setq cperl-continued-statement-offset 4) (setq cperl-brace-o...

Difference between two m-file codes
Hiya I am interested in knoowing if there is a difference between two sets of m-files I have (whcih calculate the same thing for me and have VERY similar coding but produce two different results). Can someone point me to some sort of function that is available to do this ? ie detect difference between two m-files?) Hi Maha, help visdiff Titus "Maha" <mayahgr@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ef52428.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hiya > > I am interested in knoowing if there is a difference between two sets > of m-files I have (whcih calculate the same t...

How to change PCI interrupts?
We are trying to duplicate an experiment setup which uses QNX 6.1 and I am having some problems with the new computer. I am mostly a software guy, I don't know much about hardware but I believe the problem is about some interrupts clashing. The problem is when the PCI card is initialized and some FIFO open is attempted over the network with another QNX machine, the network goes down. The same cards and programs works fine with the current computers. I tested the new card with the old computers and it works fine. I tested the FIFO part without the PCI initialization and the netwo...

Debugging code that uses execvp
I have some code that I would need to debug. The thing is, the actions I need to debug are carried out by a separate program that gets execvp'd by main. Can gdb tackle this? I have the sources for all the code involved here. ...

Proxy By Default
I have always thought my Internet and downloading were a little /sluggish/ since installing Suse 9.0 Professional. Anyway, while poking around Control Center/Internet & Network I noticed *proxy*. When examining this area, I noticed the proxy was turned on. At first I thought it might be part of the firewall setting, but seeing no good reason to have a proxy, I turned it off. Suddenly, the response from web pages became quick and snappy when browsing in Konqueror. I don't remember asking for proxy when installing. If you experience sluggish Internet, you might want to consider ...

To change password in Eudora? URGENT!
Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. How can I change password in Eudora too? Thanks <st.lucky@katamail.com> wrote... > Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the > web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. > How can I change password in Eudora too? > Thanks I think this'll do it: In Eudora, click on "Special", then "Forget Password(s)". Now then next time you try to retrieve your email, Eudora will ...

DAQ change frequency while continously outputing sine wave
I have an NI USB DAQ and I can continuously generate a signal. I need to be able to continuously generate a signal and change the frequency from when desired, while still generating a signal. I have not been able to figure out how to change the frequency without shutting down the output first. This is the code I use to continuously generate the data: function [source, lh] = daqWvformControl(freq, signalVoltPk, squareWv, sampleRate, Dur) source = daq.createSession('ni'); source.IsContinuous = true; source.addAnalogOutputChannel('Dev1', 0, 'Voltage'); source.Rate...

Changing the field of specialization in Computer Science
Hi all, I have done computer system engineering. I chose the Grid Computing field for doing my undergrad senior design project and worked on an OGSA compliant Replica Location Service for grids. But now I feel that back then I made a wrong choice as I found out later that I wasn't much interested in Grid Computing and found it hard to work in that field. Now I want to pursue Artificial Intelligence during my future work/studies. I want to pursue a masters degree with specialization in AI. My question is that is it possible to change lanes under the above mentioned circumstances...

[UNIFACE-L:4038] AW: Result to be showm on Last Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C37470.070B01A8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Kumar, =20 You have to use break frames. =20 Regards =20 Pfeil GmbH Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Pfeil Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrender Gesellschafter Obertorstra=DFe 4-6 66111 Saarbr=FCcken Fon: +49 681 37985-0 Fax: +49 681 37985-13 E-mail: bpfeil@pfeilgmbh.de www: www.pfeilgmbh.de =20 -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht----- Von: Rakesh Kumar Singh [mailto:rksingh@metro.com....

Trace on change/Signal on change/Call on change
Is ooRexx getting any closer to having a mechanism which could be used to trace when a particular variable or stem variable gets changed (to a particular value)? I don't know whether I'm writing cleverer bugs, or my debugging skills are waning with age, but it is starting to take me days to track down some problems that would be a snip with a variable monitor. I've just fixed such a bug. It took me about three years, because it happened only once a year, on average. Phew! -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Swifty wrote: > Is ...