How to change the default code page

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,
I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
application
which have chinese interface menu.
The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
Chinese),
but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't display
chinese char.

How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?

Regards,
Derek Yim

0
Reply dalikyim (17) 6/29/2007 1:24:47 AM

See related articles to this posting

Dear Derek Yim:

"Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop
> the clipper application which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950
> (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt,
> it change the code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so
> that my application can't display chinese char.

So you tried something like this:
http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-474891.html

> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the
> code page, or how can I change back the code page
> to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?

Note that plain Clipper S'87, 5.0x, 5.2x, and 5.3x cannot change
the code page.

What version of clipper are you running, and do you have the
source code?

http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about341576.html

Did you ever get your answer for Win2000?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.databases.xbase.clipper/msg/699f85326f7e8538

David A. Smith

0
Reply dlzc (189) 6/29/2007 2:15:37 AM

Hi,
I am using Clipper 5.2e and Blinker 6.0 to develop the application.

Derek Yim

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" <dlzc@aol.com> ���g��l��s�D:6XZgi.9396$oh3.386@newsfe03.phx...
> Dear Derek Yim:
>
> "Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop
>> the clipper application which have chinese interface menu.
>> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950
>> (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese),
>> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt,
>> it change the code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so
>> that my application can't display chinese char.
>
> So you tried something like this:
> http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-474891.html
>
>> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the
>> code page, or how can I change back the code page
>> to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> Note that plain Clipper S'87, 5.0x, 5.2x, and 5.3x cannot change the code
> page.
>
> What version of clipper are you running, and do you have the source code?
>
> http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about341576.html
>
> Did you ever get your answer for Win2000?
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.databases.xbase.clipper/msg/699f85326f7e8538
>
> David A. Smith

0
Reply dalikyim (17) 6/29/2007 2:35:21 AM

In article <46845e93$1@127.0.0.1> dalikyim@netvigator.com "Derek Yim" writes:

> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> application
> which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't display
> chinese char.
>
> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?

I have no idea if this would work, but have you tried running
your Clipper app from a batch file something like

  @echo off
  chcp 950
  yourapp.exe

and/or changing the properties of Command Prompt to run full
screen?  Alternatively you might be able to fiddle around with
those properties (or change some registry key) to enforce use of
codepage 950.  I'm guessing that such changes, if possible, would
have to ne to command.com rather than cmd.exe...

Not much help I'm afraid, but something to explore.

Pete
--
   "We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors,
    we have borrowed it from our descendants."

<pete@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <46845e93$1@127.0.0.1> dalikyim@netvigator.com "Derek Yim"
writes:

> > Hi,
> > I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> > application
> > which have chinese interface menu.
> > The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> > Chinese),
> > but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> > code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
display
> > chinese char.
> >
> > How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> > can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> I have no idea if this would work, but have you tried running
> your Clipper app from a batch file something like
>
>   @echo off
>   chcp 950

with my codepages, i found problem with raster font for cmd. not all
codepages had prepared raster font files. maybe it depends on install setup.
but, there is ttf font filemonoty corsiva, it allways displayed all
codepages characters for me.

0
Reply sali5587 (72) 6/29/2007 11:16:57 PM

Derek,

Try changing the following string value in the registry :-

Value : OEMCP
Type  : REG_SZ
Key   : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls
\CodePage

On Jun 29, 2:24 am, "Derek Yim" <dalik...@netvigator.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> application
> which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't display
> chinese char.
>
> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> Regards,
> Derek Yim

0
Reply cmoonhead (1) 7/3/2007 3:52:23 PM

Hi,
The value already is 950.

Derek
<cmoonhead@hotmail.com>
???????:1183477943.874876.287810@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> Derek,
>
> Try changing the following string value in the registry :-
>
> Value : OEMCP
> Type  : REG_SZ
> Key   : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls
> \CodePage
>

> On Jun 29, 2:24 am, "Derek Yim" <dalik...@netvigator.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
>> application
>> which have chinese interface menu.
>> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
>> Chinese),
>> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
>> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
>> display
>> chinese char.
>>
>> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
>> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Derek Yim

0
Reply dalikyim (17) 7/5/2007 1:53:32 AM

Hi,
I try it, but the application change back the codepage to 437.
How can I change the codepage in clipper application ?

Derek

<pete@nospam.demon.co.uk> ???????:1183096663snz@nospam.demon.co.uk...
> In article <46845e93$1@127.0.0.1> dalikyim@netvigator.com "Derek Yim"
> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
>> application
>> which have chinese interface menu.
>> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
>> Chinese),
>> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
>> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
>> display
>> chinese char.
>>
>> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
>> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> I have no idea if this would work, but have you tried running
> your Clipper app from a batch file something like
>
>  @echo off
>  chcp 950
>  yourapp.exe
>
> and/or changing the properties of Command Prompt to run full
> screen?  Alternatively you might be able to fiddle around with
> those properties (or change some registry key) to enforce use of
> codepage 950.  I'm guessing that such changes, if possible, would
> have to ne to command.com rather than cmd.exe...
>
> Not much help I'm afraid, but something to explore.
>
> Pete
> --
>   "We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors,
>    we have borrowed it from our descendants."

0
Reply dalikyim (17) 7/5/2007 1:55:00 AM

Hi,
I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
It can display chinese char.
but why not run under win xp ?

Derek Yim

"Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> ���g��l��s�D:46845e93$1@127.0.0.1...
> Hi,
> I am using win xp pro (chinese version) and I develop the clipper
> application
> which have chinese interface menu.
> The defaulted code page in the dos prompt is 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional
> Chinese),
> but when I run the clipper application in the dos prompt, it change the
> code page to 437 (OEM - United State), so that my application can't
> display
> chinese char.
>
> How can I prevent the clipper applcation change the code page, or how
> can I change back the code page to 950 (ANSI/OEM -Traditional Chinese) ?
>
> Regards,
> Derek Yim

0
Reply dalikyim (17) 7/19/2007 2:19:21 AM

> Hi,
> I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
> It can display chinese char.
> but why not run under win xp ?

Let's see if Micro$haft is any help to you:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/country.mspx?mfr=true
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chcp.mspx?mfr=true

Now how do you normally execute you DOS application... shortcut
from desktop, shortcut from Programs menu, or run CMD and execute
a batch file?

David A. Smith

0
Reply dlzc (189) 7/19/2007 2:40:06 AM

Hi,
I run it on CMD and execute the bat file.

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" <dlzc@aol.com> ���g��l��s�D:X9Ani.602$gM1.527@newsfe10.phx...
> Dear Derek Yim:
>
> "Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
>> It can display chinese char.
>> but why not run under win xp ?
>
> Let's see if Micro$haft is any help to you:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/country.mspx?mfr=true
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chcp.mspx?mfr=true
>
> Now how do you normally execute you DOS application... shortcut from
> desktop, shortcut from Programs menu, or run CMD and execute a batch file?
>
> David A. Smith

0
Reply dalikyim (17) 7/21/2007 1:57:57 AM

> "N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" <dlzc@aol.com>
> <6<g)s6l%s7s;D:X9Ani.602$gM1.527@newsfe10.phx...
>> Dear Derek Yim:
>>
>> "Derek Yim" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I find my application work normal run win 98 DOS prompt.
>>> It can display chinese char.
>>> but why not run under win xp ?
>>
>> Let's see if Micro$haft is any help to you:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chcp.mspx?mfr=true
>>
>> Now how do you normally execute you DOS application...
>> shortcut from desktop, shortcut from Programs menu, or
>> run CMD and execute a batch file?

> I run it on CMD and execute the bat file.

Your windows 98 machine may have been upgraded from MS-DOS 6.22,
which supported code page 936.  Micro$haft does not support this
code page in their ship-with-WIndows DOS anymore.

CMD.exe does not accept 936.
COMMAND.com does not recognize 'chcp'.

Sorry.

You can switch to xHarbour.org or xHarbour.com if you have the
source code.  This will produce a Windows executable that looks
like DOS, but will accept Windows code pages (including 936).

David A. Smith

0
Reply dlzc (189) 7/21/2007 3:15:53 AM
comp.lang.clipper 4084 articles. 20 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

how to change default ansi code page in c/c++ or through commad promt[console]
Hi, does anybody know how to change default ANSI code page[usually default is 1252 for all european langs] in c/c++ or through command promt[console]. thanks in advance, kaustubh ...

After the default printer has been changed by code in Access 2003, the application still directs a report to the former default printer.
Could someone please help? I am using the 'defaultprt.zip' tool provided by Ken Getz to change the default printer via VBA code (code below). My problem is that once the default printer has been changed, Access 2003 still directs the report to the former default printer. Access 2003 picks up the new default printer setting only after I have reopened the application. I have checked the default printer setting in the OS control panel and the code works well. This problem also occurs when an Access 2003 application is open and one changes the default printer manually in the control panel ...

Upgrade and Code page change
When upgrading from ASA 5 to 8 we also want to change codepage from 850 Latin 1 to 850SVE. Take a normal unload with sybase central. Creating the databae with dbinit -p 4096 -z 850SVE Database.db And load with dbisql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" -codepage 850 reload.sql But I have no success in getting the characters right. Event with out codepage change I don't get the characters correct into the new database. Have also tries with -codepage cp850, cp1252, 1250 with out success. The errors is � -> � � -> � � -> - � -> + � -> � Can someon...

Changing default startup page in Konquerer?
Hi, Where do you change the default startup page in Konquerer? I can't find it anywhere. -- "The enemy is proprietary software." -Richard Stallman, Founder of the GNU Project. Kernel 2.6.4.1-12mdk Mandriva 10.1 Registered Linux User No.389950 jdpnola wrote: > Hi, Where do you change the default startup page in Konquerer? I can't > find it anywhere. Open Konqueror -> Settings at the top menu -> Configure Konqueror -> Behaviour -> Home URL. Hope it helps, Roy -- Roy S. Schestowitz http://Schestowitz.com Roy Schestowitz wrote: > jdpnola wrote: &g...

import data
hello, my database has table in latin2. Flat file with data which I would like to import to db is coded in cp1250 charset. As far as I know there is no way to import data to db and auto-magic change code page of data on the fly. Am I correct?:) And main question I kindly ask you: why following set of queries give me wrong results: SET NAMES binary; --I supposed that means "dont interpret future data" LOAD DATA infile (...cut....) -- loading data... SET NAMES cp1250; --ok, let talk with me in cp1250 code page select * from t; --no way! db returns data as latin2 according to table ...

Changing Default Page Setup w Commands
Greetings, When I create figures the default 'Page Setup > Lines and Text' option is set to 'Black and White'. I need to change it to 'Color' using commands in an .m file or I need some way of forcing the print command to print colour or convert colours to shades of grey. Is there a way to to this? Regards, Jackson Smith I've spent much time looking to do the same. Here's what you do pt = get(gcf,'PrintTemplate') pt.DriverColor = 1; set(gcf,'PrintTemplate',pt); Now what I'd like is a way to change the default. Jackson Smith ...

can awk used to change code page of a file
Dear all, Many windows langauges used to change the codepage of a file what has been called a filter . Can awk/sed used to change the codepage of a file from for example ANSI to UTF-8 ? Thanks On 2010-12-13, happytoday wrote: > Dear all, > Many windows langauges used to change the codepage of a file what has > been called a filter . > Can awk/sed used to change the codepage of a file from for example > ANSI to UTF-8 ? It may be possible, but 'recode' is the correct tool to use. -- Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com> Author: Pro Bash Programm...

How to change Default Page Setup settings? Please help
Hi everyone I need to change the default Page Setup setting, in "Resolution an Scale", so that it would select "Same as Window" (instead of defaul "Scale to 100%). I tried to change some settings in regedit, but n luck. What exactly do I need to change? I'm actually usin SolidWorks 2005 Viewer, which has shared regedit page setup value like standard SolidWorks I need this to automate printing of over 500 files (with a seperat printing utility) Thank you in advance for any suggestions In article <YcWdnTnDqvXsXi3fRVn_vg@giganews.com>, ruben_arushanov@yahoo...

Changing default library for present SAS/code session
Hi, With help from this group, I have been able to create a library (to a temp location) called "Abcproj" Presently I am doing many operations which does manipulations on data. Since I want all the files in my project to be tethered to "Abcproj" i have to use the libname "Abcproj." in fron tof every data file, otherwise the subsequent data gets stored linked to Work folder. for example i have the following:- X 'mkdir %temp%\ABCproj'; %LET TMPAREA=%sysget(temp); libname ABCproj "&TMPAREA.\abcproj"; *---Importing raw data file---*; ...

VBA Code Window
Whenever I open the VBA Code window, 23 separate windows open together with the Project window. I can close all unwanted windows and maximize the one I want, and when I reopen the Code window, it maintains that format. But each time I exit the application and restart, it reverts to the initial format with the project window showing and multiple windows displayed. This is only happening on a new notebook I've purchased. On my main desktop PC the screen reopens with the most recent settings each time. I can't see any relevant options in the Tools - Options dialog. I'm using Acces...

change the default folder view in XP (using code)
I am using Access 2000 on a Windows XP laptop. I have a command button that opens a Windows dialog box and prompts you to "please choose a file". The only files that are needed are bmp's or jpg's. The dialog box opens up by default in "list" view. I want it to open in "Thumbnail" view. I don't want all of my folders to open up in "Thumbnail" view. I tried that, and it did not work with the files opened up in the "Windows" dialog box. Nor do I want my other folders to do so. The following code seems to apply to the situation. Is ther...

How to set the default home page using php code in Firefox
I used the javascript functions as shown below. <a href="javascript:;;;" onclick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)'; this.setHomePage(location.href);"> But this code works for IE, not for Firefox. While running this code, the firefox shows javascript error as this.setHomePage is not a function Is there any javascript function available for both the browsers? Anz wrote: > I used the javascript functions as shown below. > <a href="javascript:;;;" Pure nonsense. http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_24 > onclick="this.styl...

How to set the default home page using php code in Firefox
I used the javascript functions as shown below. <a href="javascript:;;;" onclick="this.style.behavior='url(#default#homepage)'; this.setHomePage(location.href);"> But this code works for IE, not for Firefox. While running this code, the firefox shows javascript error as this.setHomePage is not a function Is there any javascript function available for both the browsers? On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:48:58 +0200, Anz <anzbmuhammad@gmail.com> wrote: > I used the javascript functions as shown below. > <a href=3D"javascript:;;;" Which is b...

LAME - Domino 6.x
How to change default web page? Simbly by deleting default Web Page database and copy in this place a new database and rename it to the same filename? Or is there other way? Michael wrote: > How to change default web page? Simbly by deleting default Web Page > database and copy in this place a new database and rename it to the > same filename? Or is there other way? Hi, have a closer look at the server doc, section internet protocols/http und look at the settings basics/default home page and mapping/home url. Stefan Stefan Bredow <r-driver@web.de> wrote in n...

Clipper application ==> current code page " 950 (ANSI/OEM - Traditional Chinese Big5) " changed to 437 (OEM
Hi All, Well im exeperiencing a strange problem, when I execute dos application (developed in Clipper 5.2d) under english version win2k workstation with SP3 chinese characters are displayed correctly, however with chinese version win2k workstation + SP3 dos application suddenly changes from " 950 (ANSI/OEM - Traditional Chinese Big5) " changed to 437 (OEM - United States ) and as a result chinese characters are not displaying properly. (This I could figure out from dos windows property ) Default language for both eng & chinese is ANSI/OEM - Traditional Chinese Big5.So in...

how to change the change defaults
hi friends, it might be a stupid question to state. but i really need to know while programming, to change the defaults like changing the engineering notation of a real quantity i.e. fraction values or change the fix parameters to denote real value if our calculations involve the values as low as 0.000000001 and as high as 10000000. thanks hemu bisht ...

changing code by code
hi y'all! i want to implement a few macros to help me do my coding; when calling a macro: how i can i find out in which module i'm currently in; at which position and what text i have selected. it's gotta be possible somehow, but the screen-objekt really isn't of much help. can anyone help me? thanks in advance! mike maercker I don't know about macros. You might be able to use them to run code you write. But if you are up to coding, you need to set a reference to the 'Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3'. It provides the interface for ...

There is no available conversion for the source code page "1252" to the target code page "0". Reason Code "1". SQLSTATE=57017
Hi All, I am trying to connect the Database which is installed in AS400 using DB2 Client Version 8 in Windows box. First i created the Catalog, then when i selected the connection type as ODBC, then i am getting following error, could any one please help in solving this issue? ODBC connection failed. [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "1252" to the target code page "0". Reason Code "1". SQLSTATE=57017 Thanks & Regards Nanjayan What version of OS/400 do you have installed? ...

There is no available conversion for the source code page "1252" to the target code page "0". Reason Code "1". SQLSTATE=57017
Hi All, I am trying to connect the Database which is installed in AS400 using DB2 Client Version 8 in Windows box. First i created the Catalog, then when i selected the connection type as ODBC, then i am getting following error, could any one please help in solving this issue? ODBC connection failed. [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "1252" to the target code page "0". Reason Code "1". SQLSTATE=57017 Thanks & Regards Nanjayan nan wrote: > Hi All, > I am tr...

how to change the change defaults #2
hi friends, it might be a stupid question to state. but i really need to know while programming, to change the defaults like changing the engineering notation of a real quantity i.e. fraction values or change the fix parameters to denote real value if our calculations involve the values as low as 0.000000001 and as high as 10000000. thanks hemu bisht ...

solution on source code page "1114" to the target code page "UNKNOWN".
There is a note regarding this error in UDB. I eventually found a solution and want to share with all or you. Problem occur with connect to db2 server: SQLCODE : -332 SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "1114" to the target code page "UNKNOWN". Reason Code "1". SQLSTATE=57017 solution: In command prompt, db2set DB2CODEPAGE=819 ...

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to accomplish the ...

Web-page that *BOTH* changes current page + displays a Pop-up page from JavaScript
I'm having trouble accomplishing the subject task in an HTML JavaScript. When I initially spec'd the function, I envisioned JavaScript source with the following flow: 1) Create pop-up window via popupWindow = window.open(...) 2) Change current page via window.location.replace(URL) 3) Change focus to put pop-up window back on top via popupWindow.focus () I did not anticipate that my JavaScript would terminate upon the completion of the method in #2 above. As a result, I have created a pop-down window, hidden behind the new page. Is there a methodology I can use to ...

Changing code for to be able to change the variable...???
What change shuld i make to my code so that the largest value stored in a is displayed first, followed by the second largest value, then the third, and so forth (i.e. the cout at Line 35 displays the values stored in a in descending order)? 13 void f1(int a[]) { 14 int x, y; 15 int t; 16 for(x = 1; x < 10; x++) { 17 if(a[x] = a[x - 1]) { 18 t = a[x]; 19 y = x; 20 do { 21 a[y] = a[y - 1]; 22 y--; 23 } while (y > 0 && a[y - 1] > t); 24 ...