new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?

      we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos
app/pcl
      dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends
page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers
      new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange
timeout
      if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets
previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became
useless

      is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen
few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they
are not compatible with old pcl5 style]

      any suggestion?

0
sali4098 (102)
3/19/2008 5:28:36 PM
comp.lang.clipper 3959 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded
font as 'permanent'?

Just a thought...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote:
> =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do=
> app/pcl
> =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later =
sends
> page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers
> =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra=
nge
> timeout
> =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer =
resets
> previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became
> useless
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already=
 seen
> few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they=

> are not compatible with old pcl5 style]
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 any suggestion?

0
pm771.am (390)
3/19/2008 6:58:18 PM
"E. Fridman" <pm771.am@gmail.com> wrote in message
Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded
font as 'permanent'?

> if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets
> previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became
> useless
>
> is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen
> few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they
> are not compatible with old pcl5 style]

i'll check tomorow famong with some other ideas]

again, was surpised discovering that printing system that worked for last 15
years [on *every* hp pcl printer, from hp 4l upward] crashed on the new
"pcl5e" hp laserjet

0
sali5587 (72)
3/19/2008 7:12:59 PM
Dear sali:

On Mar 19, 10:28=A0am, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote:
> =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers
> working with dos app/pcl
=2E..
>       new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer,
> but it has strange timeout

What operating system?  Just DOS, XP, or Vista, and/or does the
problem follow the printer from machine to machine?

HP's troubleshooting page seems to offer no help.
<http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?
lang=3Den&cc=3Dus&prodTypeId=3D18972&prodSeriesId=3D3322555&taskId=3D110>

The operating system may close the current printer session, sending
the "printer reset" command, if it assumes the current printer job is
"stagnant" for a period of time.

Here is the installation manual:
<http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/
c01064410/c01064410.pdf>

Here is the User's guide:
<http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/
c00810215/c00810215.pdf>

There is no indication that this "job pause reset" is in any way
associated with the printer hardware / firmware.  This leaves driver
and OpSys as the likely culprits.

David A. Smith
0
dlzc1 (2365)
3/19/2008 8:03:01 PM
Here is the command description (from
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13205/bpl13205.pdf):

 Font Control

 Provides the means for manipulating soft fonts within the printer.
 <Esc> * c # F
 # = 0 - Delete all soft fonts
 1 - Delete all temporary soft fonts
 2 - Delete soft font (last ID specified)
 3 - Delete Character Code (last ID and character code)
 4 - Make soft font temporary (last ID specified)
 5 - Make soft font permanent (last ID specified)
 6 - Copy/Assign current invoked font as temporary

Another source with the full description:
http://www.intellitech-intl.com/techsupp/techdocs/programmersrefman/section7.pdf

0
pm771.am (390)
3/19/2008 8:28:17 PM
On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "E. Fridman" <pm771...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the command description (from
<snip now broken link>>
> =A0Font Control
>
> =A0Provides the means for manipulating soft fonts within
> the printer.
> =A0<Esc> * c # F
> =A0# =3D 0 - Delete all soft fonts
> =A01 - Delete all temporary soft fonts
> =A02 - Delete soft font (last ID specified)
> =A03 - Delete Character Code (last ID and character code)
> =A04 - Make soft font temporary (last ID specified)
> =A05 - Make soft font permanent (last ID specified)
> =A06 - Copy/Assign current invoked font as temporary
>
> Another source with the full description:
<snip another now broken link>

Depends on what "sali" means by "reset".  If the printer is receiving
a reset command, the page could eject, leaving the following partial
page without headers.  Even if you make these soft fonts permanent.

He might have to print it all to a file first, then dump the file to
the printer.  Or print each page to a file, and send one page each n-1
seconds to keep the connection alive.

David A. Smith
0
dlzc1 (2365)
3/19/2008 8:45:20 PM
"dlzc" <dlzc1@cox.net> wrote in message
Dear sali:

On Mar 19, 10:28 am, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote:
> we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers
> working with dos app/pcl
>       new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer,
> but it has strange timeout

What operating system?  Just DOS, XP, or Vista, and/or does the
problem follow the printer from machine to machine?

HP's troubleshooting page seems to offer no help.
<http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?
lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3322555&taskId=110>

The operating system may close the current printer session, sending
the "printer reset" command, if it assumes the current printer job is
"stagnant" for a period of time.

Here is the installation manual:
<http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/
c01064410/c01064410.pdf>

Here is the User's guide:
<http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/
c00810215/c00810215.pdf>

There is no indication that this "job pause reset" is in any way
associated with the printer hardware / firmware.  This leaves driver
and OpSys as the likely culprits.

--------------------------------

thnx for details

it was tested on w98 [to avoid as much as possible the xp "hal" tricks], and
it is not likely to be *os* problem, since the same app on the same comp
works for many years when plugged hp1160 [or hp1200 or hp1320 or hp1015 or
hp1022 or hp1100 or hp6l or hp6p or ... (have a realy good collection of hp
printers)] , and not work when hp2014 plugged

there is no "current" session, just:
copy /b font-file lpt1
wait few seconds
copy /b report-file lpt1

if "few seconds" is less than 7, the report is printed out using font-file
char shapes
if "few seconds" are greater than 7, the report is printed out by printer's
default font [ugly]

conclusion is that at the time boundary of 7 seconds printer decides to
erase received font def and revert to defaults
at the same time, with the mentioned old hp1160 [and all the rest] there is
no time limit, once downloaded, font may be used anytime untill printer is
switched off

again, this is a problem only with delayed printout within pages, when
report is sent as "burst" no problem, also when this hp2014 plugged instead
of hp6l the existing pcl5 driver prints from win app without any prob

this is not a "catastrophic" problem, since dos/text apps may be rewritten
[if no other solution], just was surprised that hp is not compat with hp
[and till now the compatibility along generations was the important feature
of hp laserjet]

0
sali5587 (72)
3/19/2008 8:46:15 PM
Dear sali:

"sali" <sali@tel.net.ba> wrote in message
> also when this hp2014 plugged instead of hp6l the
> existing pcl5 driver prints from win app without any
> prob

OK, so it is a *driver* problem.  I would suggest you contact HP,
and have them explain why they have deviated.  Try adding the
escape code sequence to the soft font file that makes it
"permanent", or add it as a separate operation... see if it works
better for you.

David A. Smith

0
dlzc1 (2365)
3/20/2008 4:00:11 AM
"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" <dlzc1@cox.net> je napisao u poruci interesnoj
grupi:VilEj.72768$497.23331@newsfe14.phx...
> Dear sali:
>
> "sali" <sali@tel.net.ba> wrote in message
>> also when this hp2014 plugged instead of hp6l the
>> existing pcl5 driver prints from win app without any
>> prob
>
> OK, so it is a *driver* problem.  I would suggest you contact HP, and have
> them explain why they have deviated.  Try adding the escape code sequence
> to the soft font file that makes it "permanent",

added esc *c5F [make soft font permanent, last id specified], with no
success

it is not the *driver* problem, but the *firmware* problem, since printer's
internal program behavies differntly [than the old pcl5 printers]

it is a question what is now the meaning of "temporary" vs "permanent" font,
if downloaded  font is at any case removed from the printer's memory after 7
seconds of inactivity

no doubt, this may be solved by app, i just hoped somebody else in the world
has alo faced this pcl problem with new printers
or nobody else is anymore programming pcl printers, just using win drivers?

0
sali4098 (102)
3/20/2008 2:03:19 PM
Osoba podpisana jako sali <sali@tel.net.ba> w artykule
<news:frru2g$36s$1@ls5.tel.net.ba> pisze:

> "dlzc" <dlzc1@cox.net> wrote in message
> Dear sali:
[...]
>> There is no indication that this "job pause reset" is in any way
>> associated with the printer hardware / firmware.  This leaves driver
>> and OpSys as the likely culprits.
>
> thnx for details
>
> it was tested on w98 [to avoid as much as possible the xp "hal" tricks],
> and it is not likely to be *os* problem, since the same app on the same
> comp works for many years when plugged hp1160 [or hp1200 or hp1320 or
> hp1015 or hp1022 or hp1100 or hp6l or hp6p or ... (have a realy good
> collection of hp  printers)] , and not work when hp2014 plugged
>
> there is no "current" session, just:
> copy /b font-file lpt1
> wait few seconds
> copy /b report-file lpt1

You should copy the files together, not one after another.
Use command like that:

copy /b font-file + report-file LPT1

> if "few seconds" is less than 7, the report is printed out using
> font-file char shapes
> if "few seconds" are greater than 7, the report is printed out by
> printer's default font [ugly]

It seems to be 5 seconds and it seems to be default job timeout.

--
Andrzej P. Wozniak  uszer@pochta.onet.pl  (swap z<->h in address)

0
uszer (21)
3/20/2008 7:36:16 PM
Dear Andrzej P. Wozniak:

On Mar 20, 12:36=A0pm, "Andrzej P. Wozniak"
<us...@poczta.onet.pl.invalid> wrote:
> Osoba podpisana jako sali <s...@tel.net.ba> w artykule
> <news:frru2g$36s$1@ls5.tel.net.ba> pisze:
=2E..
> > if "few seconds" is less than 7, the report is
> > printed out using font-file char shapes if "few
> > seconds" are greater than 7, the report is
> > printed out by printer's default font [ugly]
>
> It seems to be 5 seconds and it seems to be
> default job timeout.

And I fear the printer driver is sufficient to completely reset even a
"permanent" soft font, and "sali" may have to negotiate directly with
the driver to establish the font... in WinDoze, so that when it "times
out", it will only reset to his soft font.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for him.

David A. Smith
0
dlzc1 (2365)
3/21/2008 3:49:24 AM
"Andrzej P. Wozniak" <uszer@poczta.onet.pl.invalid> je napisao u poruci
interesnoj grupi:fruear$fc0$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> Osoba podpisana jako sali <sali@tel.net.ba> w artykule
> <news:frru2g$36s$1@ls5.tel.net.ba> pisze:
>
>> "dlzc" <dlzc1@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Dear sali:
> [...]
>>> There is no indication that this "job pause reset" is in any way
>>> associated with the printer hardware / firmware.  This leaves driver
>>> and OpSys as the likely culprits.
>>

> You should copy the files together, not one after another.
> Use command like that:
>
> copy /b font-file + report-file LPT1
>
>> if "few seconds" is less than 7, the report is printed out using
>> font-file char shapes
>> if "few seconds" are greater than 7, the report is printed out by
>> printer's default font [ugly]
>
> It seems to be 5 seconds and it seems to be default job timeout.

yes, i know for copy together, but since this old app works by sending first
the font def and later page ba page of report as they are getting created,
my first attempt is to find solution "on printer side" [to have hp be compat
with old hp pcl5e], the second is to re-write the app

have you also personaly experienced this behaviour with hp2014?
i am quite sure that timeout is close to 7 sec, because have counter [norton
be] between sending files, and counter gives me safe 120 ticks [tick is 1/18
sec]

0
sali4098 (102)

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not hel...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did ...

Clipper and new HP dekjet printers with LIDIL
Is it possible to print from clipper apps to new cheap HP deskjet printers which have Lightweight Imaging Device Interface Language (LIDIL) instead of PCL3? What formating codes shoul I use? A. Bochniak ktos, > Is it possible to print from clipper apps to new cheap HP deskjet printers > which have Lightweight Imaging Device Interface Language (LIDIL) instead of > PCL3? You may want to have a look at Printfil. It's a commercial application which allows this. More info and a free trial is available for download at our web site. > What formating codes shoul I use? The same codes you are already used to use. Kind regards, Davide Guolo -------------------------------------------------------------- Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications http://www.guolo.com/printfil Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all -------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Input on HP 5150, HP 5550, or HP 5650 inkjet printers
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between buying the Hewlett Packard 5150, 5550 or 5650 inkjet printer. I'm going to be using the printer mainly for text, but will also be printing documents containing text and graphics/photos, so the quality of print is important to me Does anyone have any feedback on experiences they've had with any of these printers? Thanks, Joanne My results with the 5550 & HP papers are excellent. ===================================== "Joanne" <jnonkoh@DONTSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message news:N_0ib.284895$Lnr1.182933...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

New hp printers
Does anybody know i HP will launch newer printers until october? I mean newer than hp 5150 etc. "george" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message news:GJ37b.302764$lK4.9464291@twister1.libero.it... > Does anybody know i HP will launch newer printers until october? > I mean newer than hp 5150 etc. Why would they? They just launched that series not too long ago. There will be one more Photosmart printer I believe, which will be able to use the #59 cartridge -- if it's not out yet that is. ...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP-49G, HP-49G+, HP-42S
Hmm.... Back when I was an engineering undergrad (1989) I purchased an HP-42S calculator. That calculator quickly became indispensible to me. Without it all my engineering homework and exams would have been much harder. To this day I still use it as my primary calculator. With the leather carrying case I purchased for it back then the calculator has remained in pristine condition save for a little dust now and then. I decided about a year ago to purchase the HP-49G because I honestly thought that HP was getting out of the calculator business forever and it had been over ten years since ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

[...]

HP IIIP Printer / compared to / HP 2300 ??
I have a small office in connection with my business. I have used Hewlett Packard IIIP for about 12 years. It delivers a beautiful print, but is worn out, and is really slow. I bought a brand new HP 2300, which is a good, small printer, ideal for business use. Here is my problem: While the print quality of the new printer is very nice and high-quality laser print, I just simply cannot get the same "bold", deep , almost-saturated print look that I had with my IIIP. At first, I thought that I just needed to adjust the density menu setting, and/or the resolution settin...

Which HP DeskJet is compatible to HP OfficeJet K80 ?
Hi, I would like to install a printer driver for Linux which supports many HP Deskjets but not the HP OfficeJet K80. Any hints, which HP Deskjet printer is compatible to the HP OfficeJet K80 printer? Thanks for your help. Regards, Manfred "Manfred Schneider" <manfred@manfred-schneider.de> wrote in message news:bjaqca$h3o15$2@ID-173216.news.uni-berlin.de... > I would like to install a printer driver for Linux which supports many > HP Deskjets but not the HP OfficeJet K80. HP has supplied a driver that supports the K80 under Linux. See the f...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Is the software for hp 49 compatible with hp 50?
Hello folks, As the subject reads, I would like to know if the software for hp 49 compatible with hp 50? Could anyone help me with some information about this please? Thanks, Andres On Dec 13, 11:19=A0pm, andres <telmoand...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello folks, > > As the subject reads, I would like to know if =A0the software for hp 49 > compatible with hp 50? Could anyone help me with some information > about this please? > > Thanks, > > Andres Short answer: yes, at the source code level. Note that the 48 and 49G use a Saturn processor while the 49g+, 48gII,...

Where do I find freeware for HP-UX
Help please. Where can I find freeware for HP-UX . Thanks In article <uG_Ic.62102$qw1.19420@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>, Ray Muforosky wrote: > Help please. Where can I find freeware for HP-UX . > > Thanks Check out one of the many "Software Porting And Archive Centre for HP-UX" sites. One can be found here: http://hpux.connect.org.uk/ Kevin Ray Muforosky wrote: > Help please. Where can I find freeware for HP-UX . > > Thanks > > THere is linux for PA-Risc, hence you donnot need HP-UX: http://www.openpa.net/ Select your computer model and see i...

Does HP-42X work on the new HP-49G+?
Hi! Has anyone tried using the HP-49G version of HP-42X on the new HP-49G+? Does it work well? (The idea of a HP-42S emulator that is 3-5 times faster than the original HP-42S seems appealing to me...) Best regards, Erik Ehrling (Sweden) Homepage: http://w1.322.telia.com/~u32220482/index.html Hi Erik, I just downloaded it and it seems to be running okay. I haven't done any thorough testing yet, but I haven't seen any major issues. The header on the 49G+ remains at the top at all times, as usual. The HP42X screen fits nicely underneath this header so there aren't any display i...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Considering New HP Printer
I'm in the market for a new printer to replace my "tired" HP-970 inkjet. (It's got so many "puddles" of ink inside it I can no longer print envelopes without stray smudges on them). As I do print pictures from time to time (roughly 40 glossy pages/month), and want higher quality output than I currently have with the 970, I had been very close to buying the Canon 950i inkjet, as virtually every review I've seen for it raves about its photo quality output. However, some new printers "coming soon" from HP have caught my attention. In particula...

Web resources about - new hp pcl printers not compat with hp? - comp.lang.clipper

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Can you really get a solid all-in-one printer, copier and scanner for just $90?
... Deals team's advice. And in this case, we're going to help you upgrade to the Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...