Problem with DBFCDX/1021 Data width error

Hello,

The application I wrote, which was working ok for more than 2 years suddenly
started to generate the error mentioned in the subject line. I made some
researches on the net, but all I got were few documents in spanish and
russian only - the languages which I don't speak...

Actually the problem arised 2 weeks ago (I knew it from errors log generated
by my own rewritten error handling procedures), but the user informed me
about it only 2 days ago. Till now she simply has been restarting the
program not caring much about consequences... :-(
For now I am expecting certain level of data incostincency in the databases,
but I can't tell how big it can be...

I am going to analyse these logs and the lines of the program where this
errors arised, but since I have 2 weeks delay already (caused by careless
user), the problem became quite urgent to me, so I am asking for any help I
could get from you - mainly what is the exact explanation of this error?
What are the conditions of program / databases state triggering it? As soon
as I am done with the analyse (over 5000 lines of log...) and if I find
useful for diagnostic informations there, I will send another post with
supplenmentary data.

Application is written in Clipper 5.2e + CA Tools, linked with Blinker 6 in
protected mode, running as DOS process under Windows 98 SE and running alone
(but is written for network environment).

I am hoping for a prompt help... *s*

tia

Marek

0
embeer (2)
11/12/2007 10:08:31 AM
comp.lang.clipper 3959 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Marek Brzozowski wrote:

> The application I wrote, which was working ok for more than 2 years suddenly
> started to generate the error mentioned in the subject line. I made some
> I am hoping for a prompt help... *s*

Can't help you very much except to explain a data width error, if you
have a numeric field 2 digits wide, saving 100 will cause the error, 99
will not.

Regards
Alex
0
sscc (108)
11/12/2007 10:21:08 AM
Alex Strickland wrote:

> Can't help you very much except to explain a data width error, if you
> have a numeric field 2 digits wide, saving 100 will cause the error, 99
> will not.

Thanks a lot Alex! This was the case indeed :-) Numeric field was too short
in one of  the tables. I fixed this immediately

regards

Marek

0
embeer (2)

DBFCDX, Data Width Error 1026
Key expression: upper(substr(alltrim(FILE_PATH) + alltrim(FILE_NAME),4,99)) I started with a DBF that was created under DBFNTX, but had no indexes. Not sure if that bit of information makes any difference. What do I try next? Really do not want to keep casing (Windoze ignores), and fields FILE_NAME and FILE_PATH are both 80 characters long. David A. Smith Il 15/01/2015 04:42, dlzc ha scritto: > Key expression: upper(substr(alltrim(FILE_PATH) + > alltrim(FILE_NAME),4,99)) > > I started with a DBF that was created under DBFNTX, but had no > indexes. Not s...

Problems converting clipper data
First of all excuses if I'm using the wrong words, but I'm completely unknown to the Clipper world. I have an old clipper application of which the data must be converted to another database. Within the tables some of the elements, especially the key items and I think the numeric data, have very strange values, whcih I can't convert or use. I've tried to view the data using all kinds of viewers and in both DOS and WIN characterset, but I think I need something else. I've attached one small dbf and cdx file and for example the field mernmr has the strange value. I think th...

Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
Hi, I see the following errors in the logs: Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:803) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java:731) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalSB1(MAREngine.java:690) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:372) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7...

Script error
I'm having an inconsistent problem with an expect ftp script. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails. When it fails - it seems like my script did not wait for or did not get the data back from the ftp server. I can run it once it will fail - run it 2 minutes later it works. Log cut: expect: set expect_out(spawn_id) "exp4" expect: set expect_out(buffer) "188 bytes received in 0.41 seconds (0.45 Kbytes/s)\r\nlcd /data/tmp\r\nftp> Local directory now /data/tmp\r\n" send: sending "get lbx.long.dist\r" to { exp4 } expect: does "" (spawn_id exp4) m...

Clipper... Clipper... Clipper
I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Congrats! "CCH" <cch@karensoft.com.my> wrote in message news:cf6fd8de-9e6a-468b-8dfe-b0b65e31f717@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at > http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Hi Ron Thanx ! I am pretty surprised that there still active Clipperheads throughout the world as evidenced by the fact that Clipper... Clipper... Clipper now has visitors from over 46 countries in Europe, North America, Central Ame...

Data, data, data,
I have been tasked to dump around 400GB of data in physical files into a flat files and the transfer them from an iSeries 810 V5r3 to a windows server. I was going to CPYTOIMPF to a stram file and then copy over to the Windows server from the IFS. Anyone have a better idea or any suggestions? Thanks, Thad Rizzi Hi Thad If you have loads of free disk space on your 810 then your method is fine but if not you may consider Simply FTPing or iSeroes Access file transfering the files directly from the iSeries files to Windows Text file. You can get the either FTP or iSeries Access to carry out...

Error: Data link error
Hello, i use Novel DOS 7.0 with uka_ppp. that works very good with my old mainboard. Since a few weeks a have a new Soyo P4I 845PE ISA mainboard with Pentium IV 2,4 GHz.Now i have the problem, that i can get my mails vom pop.t- online.de. I become the error message "DATA LINK ERROR". I can surf with lynx without problems. I can only get mails from pop.gmx.de or from the news.t-online.de. uka_ppp uses tcpport.exe. I have donwloades the wat-32 libs and compiled the progs etc. But i can not build the tcpport.exe with djgpp. In my wattcp.cfg are .... $vec=60 ...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

ERROR: Asterisks are an indication of a format width problem.
I have a program that imports a text file. This import statement runs without errors. I then save it to a library. In another program, I set this saved data into the work library and it gives me the following error when I open it up to look at the data: NOTE: Table has been opened in browse mode. ERROR: Asterisks are an indication of a format width problem. I've gone through all of the informat and format statements and everything appears to be correct. Any ideas? Here's my import code. data WORK.ORDER_LINE; %let _EFIERR_ = 0; /* set the ERROR detection macro variable */ infile...

I have a problem. My VI is showing a error, but in the error list they say error = 0
The arrow is broken, but the error list is clear. I can't see the error and I can't run the VI. Someone have some suggest? Hello Luis i have seen this behaviour by myself after changing a StrictTypedef and save/closing it without "Apply Changes". Maybe a Masscompile helps. greetings chris Thank you Chris. How do you have the solution? ...

Re: ERROR: Asterisks are an indication of a format width problem.
ERROR: Asterisks are an indication of a format width problem. means that there is a value that cannot be displayed in its current format - say you had a variable X, and it has a row with the number 123456 in it. If you set the format of X to 5., you would not be able to see X. Sometimes with numbers they change it to BEST12. for you to make sure it displays when possible, but if not, it will give that error, and you'll see an * somewhere which shows the value not displayed. -Joe On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:33 PM, <adrienne.ingrum@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a program that impor...

DBFCDX-Problem (error 1010) / Searching Patch CLFLEX1F.ZIP
Hello, after changing from Clipper 5.2e to 5.3b (because of DBT-Problem) I�m getting into trouble. Sometimes I�m getting an 1010 error. After reading and searching in this newsgroup, I found out that a patch call clflex1f.zip (with replacements for the files cbfcdx.lib, dbfdemo.lib and dbfblob.lib) will correct this error. But where can I find this file. On the CA ftp-server there are no clipper informations any more. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot in advance Torsten On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 14:18:58 +0200, "Torsten Bluhm" <blublu@gmx.net> wrote: >Hello, > >after c...

Problem with data acquisition from two AI channels (error -50103)
Hello, &nbsp; Although there are some discusions about this topic I couldn't fix my problem. I am able to read and display &nbsp;the pressure data from a single channel as you can see in singlechannelDAQ.vi. But now I need to read and display the pressure data from the second AI channel. First I thought it could be so easy that I just copy and paste the same code and run it. But the result is error -50103. Then I understood the cause of the problem. (With multiplexed data acquisition boards (E-Series and M-Series), only one analog input and one analog output task can be run at the ...

Cassette loading problem - "Error
I finally got a round to testing the Tunnels of Doom game for the TI/ 99 4A I got my brother for Christmas, but when I go to load the game I'm getting the message: Error - No data found. I put the cartridge in, get to the main menu screen, select cassette, then it says to rewind tape and hit enter. After doing so, it says press play and hit enter. After doing that, the cassette starts to play and after 10 seconds or so it gives me the error message. If I turn up the volume on the cassette player(a TI cassette player/recorder) I can hear some weird noises that almost sound like ...

Web resources about - Problem with DBFCDX/1021 Data width error - comp.lang.clipper

'Problem app' Kik offers teenagers, and predators, anonymity
The death of Nicole Madison Lovell has put Kik &mdash; widely used by teenagers but not as well known to adults as Snapchat or Instagram &mdash; ...

The country with the world's worst drink problem
South Korea has more alcoholics than any other country, but it seems unlikely to quit the drink any time soon.

Cord cutters frustrated over Super Bowl 50 streaming problems
... disappointed with the outcome of that effort. I know I sure was, and the Twitter feed for CBS Sports Help Team was full of reports of problems ...

This internal memo from 10 years ago shows Yahoo still hasn’t solved its biggest problem
... pointed out Yahoo's lack of focus, using peanut butter as a metaphor for spreading its resources too thinly. It laid out all the problems Yahoo ...

3 of Apple's closest watchers say the company has a growing problem
... Apple's closest watchers, blogger John Gruber, columnist Walt Mossberg, and blogger Jim Dalrymple, agree that the company has a growing problem ...

Here's the problem with Citadel deal
News that hedge-fund giant Citadel plans to buy KCG's market-making operations raises a lot of questions, says Ron Insana.

Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
... America by getting a mortgage. While people have fired off countless critical arrows at the ad, we wanted to focus on two particular problems ...

How the Flint lead crisis reflects America's water problem
... and governance that values saving money above public safety. But even these towns only represent a cross-section of America’s water problem. ...

Rubio's Manliness Problem And How He Can Come Back
... only try to control. And nothing controlsa narrative like a surprising and unforgettable image. For Senator Marco Rubio, his manliness problem ...