Amiga

I am currently trying to de-clutter some stuff that has been stored for many
years... manuals, disks, IOMEGA ZIP drives (remember those?) various
computing memorabilia acquired in a career that spans 50 years.

Anyway, I came across a full set of Amiga startup disks, along with the OS
and utilities and was loth to throw them out. I haven't found the machine as
yet,  (there is a container load of stuff accumulated from all over the
world) but I suspect the machine is gone.

Anyway, if anybody has an old Amiga stored somewhere,  I'm happy to forward
what I have (disks and manuals) if you pay the postage.

Just mail me,

Pete.

Pete
1/28/2015 7:55:01 AM
comp.lang.cobol 4278 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 20:55:01 +1300, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashwood@removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:

>I am currently trying to de-clutter some stuff that has been stored for many
>years... manuals, disks, IOMEGA ZIP drives (remember those?) various
>computing memorabilia acquired in a career that spans 50 years.
>
>Anyway, I came across a full set of Amiga startup disks, along with the OS
>and utilities and was loth to throw them out. I haven't found the machine as
>yet,  (there is a container load of stuff accumulated from all over the
>world) but I suspect the machine is gone.
>
>Anyway, if anybody has an old Amiga stored somewhere,  I'm happy to forward
>what I have (disks and manuals) if you pay the postage.
>
>Just mail me,
>
>Pete.

I still use an IOMEGA Zip drive on my Win98 box!  Mostly for back up
because it's too slow for much else.

The Amiga was an amazing machine, way ahead of its time.  Too bad the
North American Commodore company had such short sighted leaders.  I've
two Commodore 64s stored away because I've nowhere to set them up
otherwise they'd be in use.  Never had an Amiga..always wanted one
though.  Hope your stuff, like an abandoned puppy, finds a good home.

Regards,
--

          ////
         (o o)

"It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it"
-- Steven Wright

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
0
SkippyPB
1/28/2015 2:33:48 PM
On 2015-01-28, SkippyPB <swiegand@Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 20:55:01 +1300, "Pete Dashwood"
><dashwood@removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>I am currently trying to de-clutter some stuff that has been stored for many
>>years... manuals, disks, IOMEGA ZIP drives (remember those?) various
>>computing memorabilia acquired in a career that spans 50 years.
>>
>>Anyway, I came across a full set of Amiga startup disks, along with the OS
>>and utilities and was loth to throw them out. I haven't found the machine as
>>yet,  (there is a container load of stuff accumulated from all over the
>>world) but I suspect the machine is gone.
>>
>>Anyway, if anybody has an old Amiga stored somewhere,  I'm happy to forward
>>what I have (disks and manuals) if you pay the postage.
>>
>>Just mail me,
>>
>>Pete.
>
> I still use an IOMEGA Zip drive on my Win98 box!  Mostly for back up
> because it's too slow for much else.
>
> The Amiga was an amazing machine, way ahead of its time.  Too bad the
> North American Commodore company had such short sighted leaders.  I've
> two Commodore 64s stored away because I've nowhere to set them up
> otherwise they'd be in use.  Never had an Amiga..always wanted one
> though.  Hope your stuff, like an abandoned puppy, finds a good home.

There are still alot of people using the Amiga and even every now and
then there is still popping new hardware up here and there :) I'm using
an Amiga 1200 with a Blizzard 1260 together with some Indivision AGA mk2
for connecting it to a TFT Display with DVI :o) And as long there is a
NetBSD Port for the Amiga you could use OpenCOBOL on it, i guess :)
0
Robert
1/28/2015 5:14:29 PM
Hello SkippyPB!

Wednesday January 28 2015 14:33, SkippyPB wrote to All:

 > I still use an IOMEGA Zip drive on my Win98 box!  Mostly for back up
 > because it's too slow for much else.

 > The Amiga was an amazing machine, way ahead of its time.  Too bad the
 > North American Commodore company had such short sighted leaders.  I've
 > two Commodore 64s stored away because I've nowhere to set them up
 > otherwise they'd be in use.  Never had an Amiga..always wanted one
 > though.  Hope your stuff, like an abandoned puppy, finds a good home.

Reminds me to dig out my old Commodore Pet models 1 & 2.
Keep one of each when I startred selling them in the mid 70's along with a
North Star drive system connected to a Apple II and a early Cromemco
before replacing with a BUF Z80 and Z68030 units running with a DEC
fixed 80mb and 16Mb removable (very large and runs hot so ideal for when
it is cold and no keep the central heating off in my study when in use).

Hmm, wonder what else is up there oh well it will all need to be cleared
out and binned/recycled before we downsize this year.

Vince

0
Vince

ctrl amiga amiga
Hi, Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine appears to be running fine. Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying, any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Mike Ballantyne "Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<GdYvc.5418$rz4.1631@news-server.bigpond.net.au>... > Hi, > > Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) > > Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, eve...

Amiga 1200: CTRL+Amiga+Amiga reset does not work
Hello all, I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever. What could be the problem? -- Microsoft Corp is prohibited from redistributing this work Antti Pyykko <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote in news:slrng9r34r.klh.pyksy+news@hanuri.dap: > Hello all, > > I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga > keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever. > > What could be the problem? One of th...

FA: SCSI-kit, 68882, amiga magazines (ASM, CHIP, CP, Amiga Welt, Amiga magazine, Amiga Special, Amiga PD, etc.)
X-No-Archive: Yes Hi! I am offering some amiga items on eBay: complete SCSI-kit, incl. host adapter , harddisk, CD-drive, cables, etc. Motorola 68882 FPU PGA version collection of ASM magazines collection of CHIP magazines (some smaller, some complete years) collection of Amiga magazine collection of Amiga Special collection of Amiga Public Domain magazine collection Computer Persoenlich (mother of Happy Computer, Powerplay, 64er and more) collection of Amiga Welt magzine http://www.ebay.de/sch/cphao_n/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1 ending this...

FA:Ending soon Amiga 1000, Amiga 500 and Amiga monitor
Thanks for looking. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=curlyfry1 Leo -- Im looking for Commodore Cartridges! Got any?Check out my tradelist & Gameboy Advance items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com ...

FS: Amiga 500, Amiga 600, LIMITED EDITION Amiga 500
Hi ! I have some Amiga items for sale: 1) Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 20 Euro 2) Amiga 600 in perfect condition with power supply, joystick 20 Euro 3) LIMITED Edition Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 35 Euro 4) BOXED Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 35 Euro 5) RGB monitor (work...

A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split
A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split - A Lange & Sohne Watches Discount A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split: http://www.fashion163.com/A_Lange_Sohne_Lange_Double_Split.html Luxury Watches Lower Prices: http://www.fashion163.com/ Quality A Lange & Sohne Watches http://www.fashion163.com/a_lange_sohne.html We guarantee our A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split and A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split produced is examined careful...

Amiga Emulation destroys Amiga PPC / Amiga One for less money and is more functional
My Current setup: Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 ghz) Abit KV8 MAX motherboard 1 gigabyte PC3200 (DDR 400) RAM GeForce 4 TI 4400 (soon to be replaced by an GF FX 6800) 80 gig ATA 133 HDD 8X Plextor DVD +/- RW 16x DVD ROM Win XP Pro Microsoft Wireles Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Microsoft Desktop Elite keyboard A few notes: I keep high end stuff in my machine. The video card is next to be replaced. The setup above, cost LESS than an Amiga One motherboard and some (if you can find it) ancient PC133 RAM. Windows XP I have used for almost 3 years now... never ONCE have I had a bluescreen, except for on m...

amiga in a box
I've got an amiga 1200 with a 50mhz 030 accelerator (with co-processor) and I would like it to look like Jaybee's amiga in a box setup for winuae. Can anyone tell me how to do this??? Chris On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:56:21 -0700, "Tim" <tjlazer@nospam.mail.com> wrote: > >"chrisr" <crex@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message >news:crex-5BF092.20572617082003@news.verizon.net... >> I've got an amiga 1200 with a 50mhz 030 accelerator (with co-processor) >> and I would like it to look like Jaybee's amiga in a box setup f...

COBOL II to Enterprise COBOL
Hi, I need to change the some 1000 Program from COBOL II to Enterprise COBOL. What are the essential difference between COBOL II to Enterprise COBOL. How much can it affect my code ? (There are not much DB2,CICS in my code) Thanks, Dib If you are using the NOCMPR2 compiler option with your VS COBOL II compiler and you are using the LE run-time (with RES) then you will probably find that there is almost NO change required. (a few new reserved words, but not many). If you are using the VS COBOL II run-time and/or the NORES option, then you will need to do LOTS of testing for both change...

IBM Cobol and Unisys Cobol
Hello, I am new to this industry. I have started working on Unisys, can anybody please inform me the difference between Unisys cobol and IBM cobol. Thanks inqusite wrote: > Hello, > > I am new to this industry. I have started working on Unisys, can > anybody please inform me the difference between Unisys cobol and IBM > cobol. Well, a little more detail would help get you some answers. Are you using the Unisys A-series (NX) machine, or a 2200 (IX)? Are you using COBOL 74 or 85? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ / \ / ~...

cc65 on Amiga/XE1541 on Amiga?
I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65, but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the Amiga? Secondly, what are the options to read/write C64 disks with an Amiga? Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga? Thanks, Tom Tommy Watt wrote: > > I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65, > but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the > Amiga? > Quoting cc65.org, you should be able to compile cc65 on the Amiga "using either StormC v4.0 or SAS/C...

COBOL compiler written in COBOL
Way back in 1974 I was the systems programmer in an all COBOL DP department, using an ICL 1902A mainframe, with punch card input and tape and disk storage. That was a small slow machine, and to compile a COBOL program could take up to half an hour. As usual there were many changes and file fixups to do, and these could be done only by writing a COBOL program especially for that purpose. Even for a small program it could take half a day to code, punch, list, check, compile, fix errors, recompile, and test. COBOL being a somewhat verbose language, the source was punched into cards by expe...

Why xml:lang instead of lang?
What was the reason to introduce a new attribute "xml:lang" instead of "lang"? This bothers both authors and browsers in different language versions: HTML 4, XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1. HTML has only "lang"; XHTML 1.1 has only "xml:lang"; XHTML 1.0 has both! For example, Mozilla 1.7 recognizes the lang attribute http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/lang-attribute.htm but it does not recognize the xml:lang attribute. http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/lang-attribute.xhtml What do we gain from "xml:lang"? Andreas Prilop wrot...

Indent Blues
The company I'm working for has decided to stop using it's fourth generation language (which will not be supported after 2004), and go back to COBOL II. Of course this means that all existing code has to be converted to COBOL, and to do this they have bought a program from a company in Norway. With homemade pre- and post converters the program more or less works. We've run out of time to perfect the process, and have to show some results, which means that a number of us are correcting the last 20 types of errors by hand. Here's the rub - one of the things that the source co...

Web resources about - Amiga - comp.lang.cobol

Amiga - Wikipedia
The former Amiga logo, as used by Commodore-Amiga Inc The Amiga 500 (1987) was the best selling model The Amiga was a family of personal computers ...

Amiga Music Mp3 Archive - Mp3 Amiga Music > Amiga Demo Music
Amiga Music Mp3 Archive. Amiga game, demo and cracktro tunes recorded to MP3 format. No trackers needed here. Just download and Listen. Mp3 Amiga ...

AmigaRemix - The place for Amiga Game- and Demo-music Remixes!
Sorted by addition date in descending order. All 856 remixes shown, 40 at a time. At the moment, there are 4 remixes in the submission queue. ...

Tres Amigas
Navajo leader sees $1.5 billion grid connection project as opportunity to reach more markets A $1.5 billion effort to link the United States' ...

amiga600.de - The Extreme Amiga 600 Upgrading Page
This page has been last updated on: 06 October 2010. See News-Section for details. May I introduce: My Amiga 600HD/030 Motorola 68030/40 MHz, ...

Amigaworld.net - The Amiga Computer Community Portal Website
Latest Amiga Computer News, Amiga Discussion Forums, Amiga FAQs and Amiga Technical Support

Amiga.org
The Internet's premier source of information regarding the Commodore Amiga computer, Amiga Virtual Machine (Amiga Forever), Amiga OS 4.x, MorphOS ...

Amiga History Guide
Complete guide to the Amiga.

Viva Amiga - The Documentary
Hello my fellow Amigans... Alright, I've gotten the message. You all want me to blog more. I know, I know. Look, I promise I'm working hard, ...

Aimee Amiga (@aimeeamiga) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Aimee Amiga @ aimeeamiga ...