cobol compiler for Windows 7

I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
skills.  Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?
0
fernhirsh (1)
7/22/2010 9:46:21 PM
comp.lang.cobol 4266 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Jul 23, 9:46=A0am, fern <fernhi...@msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills. =A0Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

OpenCOBOL is free. see: http://www.opencobol.org/

Windows builds are available at: http://www.kiska.net/opencobol/1.1/

0
riplin (4127)
7/23/2010 1:18:30 AM
On Jul 22, 10:46=A0pm, fern <fernhi...@msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills. =A0Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

Microfocus Net Express v5.1 Personal Edition.
0
alistair7 (2054)
7/23/2010 12:21:00 PM
On Jul 22, 5:46=A0pm, fern <fernhi...@msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills. =A0Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

Hello - Veryant www.veryant.com will release a free student edition of
isCOBOL within a month. I suggest you checked it out.
0
aiglesias (2)