cobol compiler for Windows 7

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
skills.  Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?
0
Reply fernhirsh (1) 7/22/2010 9:46:21 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Jul 23, 9:46=A0am, fern <fernhi...@msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills. =A0Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

OpenCOBOL is free. see: http://www.opencobol.org/

Windows builds are available at: http://www.kiska.net/opencobol/1.1/

0
Reply riplin (4127) 7/23/2010 1:18:30 AM

On Jul 22, 10:46=A0pm, fern <fernhi...@msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills. =A0Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

Microfocus Net Express v5.1 Personal Edition.
0
Reply alistair7 (2054) 7/23/2010 12:21:00 PM

On Jul 22, 5:46=A0pm, fern <fernhi...@msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills. =A0Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

Hello - Veryant www.veryant.com will release a free student edition of
isCOBOL within a month. I suggest you checked it out.
0
Reply aiglesias (2) 7/23/2010 2:53:50 PM
comp.lang.cobol 4203 articles. 4 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

COBOL Compiler for Windows
Dear All, I am looking for a Free COBOL IDE and Compiler for Windows XP. Regards, On 28 Apr, 11:31, amir <ahsha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > I am looking for a Free COBOL IDE and Compiler for Windows XP. > Regards, www.adtools.com used to provide a free v3 of Fujitsu Cobol and if you look on the Microfocus website you can download the personal edition of v5 of their compiler. On Apr 28, 10:31=A0pm, amir <ahsha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > I am looking for a Free COBOL IDE and Compiler for Windows XP. > Regards, http://www.adtools.com/student/index....

Problems compiling phtread-win32 2.7.0 under Windows XP SP2 using MSVC++ 7.1
I everybody, I spent some time trying to compile the last 'pthread-win32 2.7.0' (from 'http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32') release and I met the following problems. (At the end the my post, you will find the nmake log lines) 1/ First, the compilation of "private.c" generates four C4297 warnings. After looking at MSVC71 options in the MSDN, I read this : "The /EHc option requires that /EHs, /EHa, or /GX is specified. It tells the compiler to assume that extern C functions never throw an exception." Looking at the code, I noticed that ...

Compiling ruby on Windows 7 x64
I've been trying to compile newest 1.9.1-p0 ruby on windows 7 x64 but no success. Steps I have followed so far. 1. I have installed Visual Studio 2005 2. I have installed Microsoft Platform SDK 3. I have launched Visual Studio 2005 x64 Win64 command prompt 4. Navigated to the source directory (C:\ruby-1.9.1-p0) 5. In this directory I have executed a) win32\configure --prefix=/usr/local --target=x64-mswin64 b) nmake You can find output from both commands attached. Basically it fails when it tries to build manifest file for miniruby. It fails with the following: cl -nologo main.ob...

Compiler thats works in Windows 7
HI guys, Its been a really long time since I came back here and the reason is simply that I was working with Java when I started working. Now that I have entered a grad school, I am in the process of returning to C. So, heres the big question. Back in the days when I last used C, I used to use the Bloodshed Dev-C++ IDE that comes(or at-least used to) with the MIngw package. However, things have changed and my new laptop runs Windows 7. So, I am looking for a compiler(preferably an IDE) that I can use as I am re-learning C. I am hoping to get a compiler that sticks to the standards. So, any s...

Matlab Compiler Java error in Windows 7
Hello, I installed Matlab 2007a on a Windows 7 computer. I had to set Java folder to new Java version. Matlab works fine. But when I try to compile the code to a dll, I get bunch of Java errors (see below). Why? Any ideas? Thank you. Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.html.WebRenderer.scrollToBottom(WebRenderer.java:804) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.html.HTMLRenderer.scrollToBottom(HTMLRenderer.java:1383) at com.mathworks.toolbox.compiler.OutputWindow.display(OutputWindow.java:152) at com.mathworks....

compiled program failing to start on Windows 7
I have created a 32bit deployable windows app and installed it on a Pentium 4 based PC upgraded to Windows 7 (32bit). The MCR appears to install fine, but the executable fails to run with no messages whatsoever. It works fine on other computers including a 32 bit Windows 7 virtual machine on my 64 bit Win 7 PC. Any ideas? The second issue is that on anything but the latest PC's the MCR startup is often painfully slow, again with no indication that anything is happening. Again any comments welcome. Thanks Peter ...

windows 7 64-bit fortran compiler
I'm having some trouble getting my 64-bit Fortran compiler to work. I've installed the Microsoft Visual Studio 8 Professional software on my computer, then I installed the Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 (the only one I can find available from the Intel site). When I run mex -setup it doesn't find the compiler because it's looking in a different location. I give it the location of the ifort.exe file instead ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\bin\intel64) and the setup routine seems to be happy. But when I try to compile a file with 'mex -v yprimef....

Installing GNU C++ compiler under Windows 7
I bought "C++ Primer Fifth Edition" as an introduction to C++. It says that it used the GNU C++ compiler mostly. Can that be installed under Windows 7? I did a brief search, but everything that talked about binaries or downloading just gave links to other pages which talked about something else. I'm getting the feeling that I'm in one of those situations "I wouldn't start from here if I were you". -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/ On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:08:52 +0000, Swifty wrote: > I bought "C++ Primer Fifth Edition&quo...

Cobol compilation hangs under vms 7-3
Hello all, I have a very simple cobol program (hello world program), and I can not complile this under VMS 7-3; However it compiles correctly under 8-3 (so no syntax errors).... When I take a look at the compilation process it keeps on using CPU power, but it never ends :O) Any idea what the problem could be ? Licensing problems, a special authorizarion needed,.... I got the same behavior when I compiled another cobol program; that's why I did try it with a 'hello world' program in cobol PS: I created also a 'hello world' in C, and this compiles and links without a pr...

gawk build: windows: 7 steps to compile
Hello all! I'm novice in the C and also have isn't much knowledge about GCC. Some time ago I had wanted to add some modifications inside the GAWK code. Because I lost some time to learn how to do it, i want to public seven exact steps for novice like me. This is for those peoples who want to build GAWK for Windows32. Steps to build GAWK for WIndows32(works also under Winx64): 1. download sources from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/?source=navbar. 2. download (from http://www.mingw.org/) mingw32 and install it(choose C compiler to install) 3. copy and ove...

GUI matlab code compiled do not work in windows 7
Hi, I have a GUI Matlab code compiled in Windows XP which are working fine. I have compiled as "windows standalone application". The problem is that when I try to use it in a windows 7 pc is not working. In both machines the same matlab version is installed. I have tried to run it with the option which exist in windows 7 "run as XP sp2 program" without to be successful. What should I do to use it in windows 7? Thank you so much! "Diego calatrabas" <diegoobradors@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ie7j4o$2pn$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, &...

Q: Free compiler for 64 bit Windows 7?
Please excuse me for a dumb question: Are there any free C++ complier running on 64 bit Windows 7? Thanks, M. K. Shen "Mok-Kong Shen" <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> > > Please excuse me for a dumb question: Are there any > free C++ complier running on 64 bit Windows 7? Guess visual studio... > Guess visual studio... Seem not completely painless in express, not sure if bug or feature... http://jenshuebel.wordpress.com/2009/02/12/visual-c-2008-express-edition-and-64-bit-targets/ On Dec 21, 8:38=A0pm, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...@t-onlin...

Compiling latest svn (9684) of Xharbour on Windows 7
I'm using BCC55 on win 7 64 bit , set path to C:\Borland\BCC55\Bin, ran=20 make_b32 clean build but I get this massage below. As I understand I don't = need Bison anymore, although I tried with it too. Do I need gnu make and if= I do which version? Do I need anything else? Is there any step by step tut= orial (I tried to find anything for hours, but no luck) ? MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland source\common\hbfopen.c: source\common\hbfsapi.c: source\common\hbgete.c: source\common\hbhash.c: source\common\hbmem.c: source\common\hbstr.c: source\common\hbp...

How to compile TPC-H ver2.7 on Windows XP?
Hi, i want to use the DBGEN and QGEN on Windows XP. Can i do that, or i just can compile the tools on Unix? I am looking forward for your reply. Many thanks! -Nick Cheng ...

How to compile TPC-H ver2.7 on Windows XP?
Hi, i want to use the DBGEN and QGEN on Windows XP. Can i do that, or i just can compile the tools on Unix? I am looking forward for your reply. Many thanks! -Nick Cheng ...

Cross-compiler mex files on Windows 7 64 bit
According to the documentation for mex it look like it is possible to cross-compile 32 bit mex files by using the -win32 switch. This command line switch is present in mex.pl on line 179 which lead me to believe that this should be possible. However when I run the command mex -win32 I get the following error: ---- C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2010B\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Using options file: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2010b\mexopts.bat You cannot use this file with the WIN32 architecture because it enables a compiler for a different architectur...

lcc compiler is missing in windows 7(32 bit) in matlab 2007b
Hi, I have installed Matlab2007b in Windows Professional for 32bit applications though it has a capability of 64 bit. After installation, I can't find the lcc compiler in the Matlab folder. So I simulate any model, here the error >"c:\program files (x86)\matlab\r2007b\sys\lcc\bin\lccmake" -f testmdl_sfun.lmk The system cannot find the path specified. Anyone have any thoughts to fix it? ...

Windows 7, MATLAB installation didn't come with compiler
Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 7 and my MATLAB installation didn't come with a compiler. When I go to 'mex -setup', no compilers are listed. Why is this? And what do I have to do to get a compiler? I've always used the one that came with MATLAB. Regards, Horace "Horace Lai" <horacelai@gmail.com> wrote in message <ienja5$go3$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > I just upgraded to Windows 7 and my MATLAB installation didn't come with a compiler. When I go to 'mex -setup', no compilers are listed. > > Why ...

Windows 7
Any ideas.. a work around. I have XP at the office and Windows 7 - 64bit at home. Using the same repo, same path etc.... I get very different performance when compiling.. but not the way you would think it should be. I find the 64bit Windows 7 with VO .. at times painful to use. An example I have say a LIBRARY that I want to create the DLL and then connect either the libary source of the DLL to my main EXE... the process starts off fine but towards the end of the compile cycle.. you get some NO RESPONDING on the caption bar. Sometimes nothing happens and just sits there and the...

[ace-users] ACE: Error during compiling ACE Framework with mingw64 and Window 7 x64
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -------------1271324caeac81ec301d4a9c207f91ad Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------8ef8d4cffc6caa54d059e6333867d099" -------------8ef8d4cffc6caa54d059e6333867d099 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION=3A 6=2E2=2E0 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM=3A Windows 7 Ultimate x64=2C WINSOCK 2=2E0 =20 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM=2C if different from HOST=3A COMPILER NAME AND VERSION =28AND PATCHLEVEL=...

[tao-bugs] Compiling error on Windows VC 7.1 with nmake / string sequence as return value
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C79BC1.6617F32C Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi,=20 To: tao-bugs@cs.wustl.edu Subject: [area]: [synopsis] TAO VERSION: 1.5.7 (from subversion revision: 78432) ACE VERSION: 5.5.7 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP SP2 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for = 80x86 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1984-2002. All rig...

wxMSW-2.8.0, Windows XP, VC++.NET 7.1 all samples has same compilation error
------_=_NextPart_001_01C75085.0FFB40EE Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, =20 I am able to successfully build the lib, but try to build the samples by open the workspace and=20 converted to VC++.NET 7.1 sln, all have same error: ...\..\include\wx\chkconf.h(90) : fatal error C1189: #error : "wxUSE_CRASHREPORT must be defined." Any idea what did I do wrong? =20 Thank you for your time! =20 Eileen =20 =20 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C75085.0FFB40EE Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASC...

Whay ActiveState binaries are bigger in size than compiled ones (on Windows using nmake -f makefile.vc release ) with same code base (8.4.7)
Whay Files from ActiveState TCL/TK 8.4.7 difffer in size than those file genrated by compiling the same code.(they are bigger ). if I take source code and compile it on my own size is less? I am using Visual Studeo 6.0 SP 6.0 under Windows XP Prof. SP1. I also want to know which one are better to use? See the comparision below: File Sizes of ActiveState TCL/TK 8.4.7 07/28/2004 11:48 AM 798,720 tcl84.dll 07/28/2004 11:48 AM 16,384 tclpip84.dll 07/28/2004 11:48 AM 1,032,192 tk84.dll 07/28/2004 11:48 AM 24,576 wish84.exe 07/28/2004 11:48 AM ...

FileMaker Server 7, Filemaker Developer v7 WinALL Mac, IBM VISUALAGE FOR COBOL V3.0.6, Fujitsu NetCOBOL Suite v7.0L10 Enter. Edition, Intel Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL V8.0.048, Clarion.v6.0
FileMaker Server 7, Filemaker Developer v7 WinALL Mac, IBM VISUALAGE FOR COBOL V3.0.6, Fujitsu NetCOBOL Suite v7.0L10 Enter. Edition, Intel Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL V8.0.048, Clarion.v6.0.Enterprise.Edition.Incl, Capesoft.NetTalk.for.clarion.6.v3.04.Retail.WinAll, MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO NET PROFESSIONAL 2003, MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other ... FileMaker Server 7 (26/Oct/20...