Full stop/period on a line by itself?

In another thread, "HeyBub"  wrote:

[snip]

 > Oh well, there's at least one shop "standard" that says "... and thou
shalt
> pitch it within and without with pitch and thou shalt not have within thy
> program a "GO TO" but thou shalt have within each paragraph one period.
Thou
> shalt not have two periods, nay even three, but one and one alone so that
> errors may not be multiplied and this one period that thou must have shall
> be among itself alone on a line..."

I like these commandments, with one modification.

Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a CONTINUE as
the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately follows the
CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last statement is
a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately follows
that statement.)

That's my style, and I'm sticking to it.

I'm curious whether anyone else does this.  I don't know that I've seen it
mentioned anywhere, but it works well for me.

Walter

wmurray (20)
6/9/2005 2:57:10 AM
comp.lang.cobol 4237 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Walter Murray wrote:

>In another thread, "HeyBub"  wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
> > Oh well, there's at least one shop "standard" that says "... and thou
>shalt
>

>>pitch it within and without with pitch and thou shalt not have within thy
>>program a "GO TO" but thou shalt have within each paragraph one period.
>>

>Thou
>

>>shalt not have two periods, nay even three, but one and one alone so that
>>errors may not be multiplied and this one period that thou must have shall
>>be among itself alone on a line..."
>>

>I like these commandments, with one modification.
>
>Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a CONTINUE as
>the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately follows the
>CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last statement is
>a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately follows
>that statement.)
>
>That's my style, and I'm sticking to it.
>
>I'm curious whether anyone else does this.  I don't know that I've seen it
>mentioned anywhere, but it works well for me.
>
>Walter

Why bother typing 8 more characters?  The period is required; the
CONTINUE is not.

I'm a fan of coding the period on a line by itself.  I'm a BIG fan of
not coding periods after imperative statements.  I'm also a fan of using
scope terminators in place of periods.  That said....

I don't know why a shop would forbid other periods, though.  Most shops
which are big enough to have a published standard are also big enough to
have (tens or hundreds of) thousands of old programs written before
their current standard was in place or enforced.  Would a programmer be
expected to change working code when doing maintenance on a program, to
bring it "up to standard"?

The shop from which I recently retired is the only one I know of which
uses a program to enforce its standards.  A good deal of discussion and
design was required to manage both new and old programs, as well as to
overcome the resistance and suspicions of the programming staff.  But,
old programs get away with some things that new programs do not, such as
"GO TO para-EXIT", and mixing sections and paragraphs.
0
cmcampb (110)
6/9/2005 3:32:11 AM
I like your idea, Walter.

Currently, I place full stops on a line by themselves, and only ever
preceding a section or paragraph header. (I don't consider them to be part
of logic in modern COBOL.

Using CONTINUE with it would cetainly make it more visible.

Good idea...

Pete.

TOP POST no  more below...

"Walter Murray" <wmurray@midtown.net> wrote in message
> In another thread, "HeyBub"  wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>  > Oh well, there's at least one shop "standard" that says "... and thou
> shalt
> > pitch it within and without with pitch and thou shalt not have within
thy
> > program a "GO TO" but thou shalt have within each paragraph one period.
> Thou
> > shalt not have two periods, nay even three, but one and one alone so
that
> > errors may not be multiplied and this one period that thou must have
shall
> > be among itself alone on a line..."
>

> I like these commandments, with one modification.
>
> Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a CONTINUE
as
> the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately follows
the
> CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last statement
is
> a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately follows
> that statement.)
>
> That's my style, and I'm sticking to it.
>
> I'm curious whether anyone else does this.  I don't know that I've seen it
> mentioned anywhere, but it works well for me.
>
> Walter

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

0
dashwood1 (2140)
6/9/2005 8:53:24 AM
In article <42a7b0ef$1_1@spool9-west.superfeed.net>,
 "Walter Murray" <wmurray@midtown.net> wrote:

> In another thread, "HeyBub"  wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>  > Oh well, there's at least one shop "standard" that says "... and thou
> shalt
> > pitch it within and without with pitch and thou shalt not have within thy
> > program a "GO TO" but thou shalt have within each paragraph one period.
> Thou
> > shalt not have two periods, nay even three, but one and one alone so that
> > errors may not be multiplied and this one period that thou must have shall
> > be among itself alone on a line..."
>

> I like these commandments, with one modification.
>
> Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a CONTINUE as
> the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately follows the
> CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last statement is
> a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately follows
> that statement.)
>
> That's my style, and I'm sticking to it.
>
> I'm curious whether anyone else does this.  I don't know that I've seen it
> mentioned anywhere, but it works well for me.
>
> Walter

I have adopted something similar.

Since I am in an z/OS shop with little need for source portability I use
the "EXIT" statement prior to all full-stop periods.

I had to adopt it because the CICS v4.1 pre-compiler was greedy -- it
would consume any period following an "Exec CICS" command, resulting in
a possible error.

But I found it to be a nice way to make the period visible.

I suppose I should move to "CONTINUE." to work more in line with
standard Cobol.
On  8-Jun-2005, "Walter Murray" <wmurray@midtown.net> wrote:

> Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a CONTINUE as
> the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately follows the
> CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last statement is
> a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately follows
> that statement.)

That wouldn't be against our shop's standards, unlike a period on a line by
itself.
0
howard (6282)
6/9/2005 1:45:43 PM
On  9-Jun-2005, Joe Zitzelberger <joe_zitzelberger@nospam.com> wrote:

> Since I am in an z/OS shop with little need for source portability I use
> the "EXIT" statement prior to all full-stop periods.
>
> I had to adopt it because the CICS v4.1 pre-compiler was greedy -- it
> would consume any period following an "Exec CICS" command, resulting in
> a possible error.
>
> But I found it to be a nice way to make the period visible.
>
> I suppose I should move to "CONTINUE." to work more in line with
> standard Cobol.

With old programs that have EXIT statements, I will sometimes replace the EXIT
with CONTINUE.   I'd rather re-write it without any drop through paragraphs
(which I abhor).    But the CONTINUE gives me some easier options:

 8000-GET-TAX-EXIT.
     CONTINUE.
D   DISPLAY 'DEBUGGING - REACHED 8000-GET-TAX-EXIT'.
0
howard (6282)
6/9/2005 1:49:53 PM
"Colin Campbell" <cmcampb@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> Why bother typing 8 more characters?  The period is required; the
> CONTINUE is not.

The period may or may not be obvious to the *human reader* when looking at a
screen, or even a listing.  The CONTINUE on a line by itself helps draw
attention to the period, particularly when reasonable indentation rules are
followed that would identify the statement as "not subordinate".

    -Chuck Stevens

"Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message

> On  8-Jun-2005, "Walter Murray" <wmurray@midtown.net> wrote:
>
> > Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a CONTINUE
as
> > the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately follows
the
> > CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last statement
is
> > a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately follows
> > that statement.)
>
> That wouldn't be against our shop's standards, unlike a period on a line
by
> itself.

If standards are intended to assist  people, the more restrictive they are,
the less they achieve their goals.

If they are intended to establish authority, then the more restrictive they
are, the better.

I can't think of any reason why it would be 'forbidden' to put the period on
a line by itself, but I guess I'm just a pinko liberal... :-)

Pete.

0
dashwood1 (2140)
6/9/2005 11:27:35 PM
"Pete Dashwood" <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote in

> "Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message
>>
>> On  8-Jun-2005, "Walter Murray" <wmurray@midtown.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a
>> > CONTINUE
> as
>> > the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately
>> > follows
> the
>> > CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last
>> > statement
> is
>> > a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately
>> > follows that statement.)
>>
>> That wouldn't be against our shop's standards, unlike a period on a
>> line
> by
>> itself.
>
> If standards are intended to assist  people, the more restrictive they
> are, the less they achieve their goals.
>
> If they are intended to establish authority, then the more restrictive
> they are, the better.
>
> I can't think of any reason why it would be 'forbidden' to put the
> period on a line by itself, but I guess I'm just a pinko liberal...
> :-)
>
> Pete.

    	Just wait - your eyesight is bound to weaken sooner or later.

    	Windows in particular is famous for tiny periods.
    	Not to mention the lower case "L" (lima), uppercase "I" (india),
number "1" (one) problem in some fonts.

> If standards are intended to assist  people, the more restrictive they are,
> the less they achieve their goals.

Standards aren't intended to assist the people who are writing
programs, they are imposed on those writing them to assist the people
who have to read and understand them later.

Thus the more restrictive they are, the more likely that the next
programmer's presumptions will be true and misunderstandings will be
less likely.

> I can't think of any reason why it would be 'forbidden' to put the period on
> a line by itself,

I can think of a reason, but it is not something that I would willingly
put up. Of course 'willingly' could be influenced by hourly rate.

0
riplin (4127)
6/10/2005 1:28:43 AM
"Russell" <rws0203nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Pete Dashwood" <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote in
>

> > "Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message

> > as
> > the
> > is
> >>
> >> That wouldn't be against our shop's standards, unlike a period on a
> >> line
> > by
> >> itself.
> >
> > If standards are intended to assist  people, the more restrictive they
> > are, the less they achieve their goals.
> >
> > If they are intended to establish authority, then the more restrictive
> > they are, the better.
> >
> > I can't think of any reason why it would be 'forbidden' to put the
> > period on a line by itself, but I guess I'm just a pinko liberal...
> > :-)
> >
> > Pete.
> >

>     Just wait - your eyesight is bound to weaken sooner or later.

It has. That's WHY I would put the period where I can see it. (I'd really
rather not use them at all and I strive for this in code.)

>     Windows in particular is famous for tiny periods.
>     Not to mention the lower case "L" (lima), uppercase "I" (india),
> number "1" (one) problem in some fonts.

Yep. Agree completely.

Pete.

0
dashwood1 (2140)
6/10/2005 2:43:11 AM
On  9-Jun-2005, "Pete Dashwood" <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote:

> > That wouldn't be against our shop's standards, unlike a period on a line
> by
> > itself.
>
> If standards are intended to assist  people, the more restrictive they are,
> the less they achieve their goals.
>
> If they are intended to establish authority, then the more restrictive they
> are, the better.
>
> I can't think of any reason why it would be 'forbidden' to put the period on
> a line by itself, but I guess I'm just a pinko liberal... :-)

My guess:  As with most standards - someone got in trouble when he didn't see a
period, so he decided that they should be very visible.   I've seen similar
standards against having commas - which can look like periods when the impact
printer is dirty.
0
howard (6282)
6/10/2005 2:12:01 PM
I do!
Frank

>>> Walter Murray<wmurray@midtown.net> 6/8/2005 8:57:10 PM >>>

I like these commandments, with one modification.

Rather than putting the period all by itself on a line, I use a CONTINUE as
the last statement of the paragraph, and the period immediately follows the
CONTINUE on the same line.  (Exceptions would be when the last statement is
a STOP RUN or EXIT PROGRAM, in which case the period immediately follows
that statement.)

That's my style, and I'm sticking to it.

I'm curious whether anyone else does this.  I don't know that I've seen it
mentioned anywhere, but it works well for me.

Walter

News==----
Newsgroups

How to enable mouse to scroll greater no of lines?
I have a Logitech 2-button, scroll wheel, laser (optical) mouse. Model No. (if relevant) is M-BT68. The OS is openSUSE 11.0 (updated). Kernel 2.6.25. Is there a way to enable it to scroll a greater number of lines (as there is in Windows from the Control Panel)? TIA, zmdmw52 staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have a Logitech 2-button, scroll wheel, laser (optical) mouse. The > OS is openSUSE 11.0 (updated). Kernel 2.6.25. Is there a way to > enable it to scroll a greater number of lines? KDE: KDE Control Center->Peripherals->Mouse->advanced , "mouse wheel...

Jaws PDF + disk full
Hallo, I'm using Jaws PDF Creator to create a pdf containing lots of pictures and text. Jaws started but cancelled after a while and now my hard disk is full with only 1M left free(>1G before). I tried to find a huge temporary file but couldn't find one! Can anybody help? Thx, Jens On windoze, search for *.* and sort by date. This file should be up there (also in XP you can specify size in advanced search) Jens Kutschke wrote: > Hallo, > > I'm using Jaws PDF Creator to create a pdf containing lots of pictures and > text. Jaws started but cancelled after a wh...

Mini DV/firewire stopped working
I have a computer room with 10 Dell gx270s running XP SP2. I added PCI firewire cards and PCI IDE cards. I have 5 Mini DV cameras and several other hand held cameras. Everything was working a couple months ago. I recently added an AGP Geforce 7600 video card to these machines. Now I noticed that the Mini DVs will not recognize on these computers. I removed the video cards and re-imaged the machine to the pre-video card configuration using our imagining software but they still don't work. All the other firewire cameras work fine only the Mini DV's re not showing up.... I saw a h...

Full text index on a view
What is the procedure to create a full text index on a view? I created full text indexes on the underlying tables for a view, but when the query is run against the view I am getting the errror message: Server: Msg 7601, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table 'dbo.apcgd_globaldir_master' because it is not full-text indexed. If there is a document which outlines steps to create a full text index on a view that would be great. Thanks in advance. Raziq. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Printing lines in UNIX
Hi , I have a doubt. I have a file and i want to print some 10 lines starting from a particular line. And i want to search this particular line as grep SQL3109N and then start to print 10 lines after that. How do i do that? Thanks in advance. 2006-11-29, 14:31(-08), chaitu: > Hi , > > I have a doubt. I have a file and i want to print some 10 > lines starting from a particular line. And i want to search this > particular line as grep SQL3109N and then start to print 10 lines after [...] < file sed '/SQL3109N/,$!d' | head -- St�phane Hi Steve, It worked fin...

List(Line)Plot in a 2D or 3D self defined coordinate system
Dear Mathematica Experts, ListPlot/ListLinePlot plots data in a cartesian coordinates system. Now, I want to see the plot in a self defined coordinate(2D or 3D). For example, the coordinate system would in a 2D plane with an angle of 72.6 degree between x and y unit vectors, or a 3D bulk with angle 72.6 degree between x and y unit vectors and z vector aligned 46 degree above the x,y plane. How could I plot my data in such kinds of coordinates system in a simple way in Mathematica? Thank you very much! ...

Is it possible to use python to get True Full Duplex on a Serial port?
In the past, on this group, I have made statements that said that on Linux, the serial port handling somehow does not allow transmitting and receiving at the same time, and nobody contradicted me. I am running into the self same issue again. What I normally do is to open the port like this: port = open("/dev/ttyS0","r+b",0) and then I unblock it with: def unblock(f): """Given file 'f', sets its unblock flag to true.""" fcntl.fcntl(f.fileno(), fcntl.F_SETFL, os.O_NONBLOCK) Then I can write a loop that uses a try-except ...

need to smoth lines in binary image
I have a binary image. I want to get line information out of it. I am using canny edge detection. But lines are bit destroyed. I want to fill the missing pixels of lines. And also want to remove unnecessary pixels around lines to get fine lines. 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1r 1r 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1r 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 like 1r are three pixel that should be removed. could someone can guide me for this. thanks ...

Sinai adventure trip to colored canyon ,full day jeep safari, hiking excursion nuwibaa& dahab from sharm el sheikh hotels
Sinai Colored Canyon Our excursion takes you across the desert to Sinai colored canyon. Enjoy 2 hours walking through the Canyon, explore the extraordinary colours and shapes of the rocks. Continue by jeep to Nuweiba for lunch. Drive to Dahab city for local Egyptian handicrafts & souvenirs before going back to hotel.. Let our 4WD vehicle take you across the desert sands to Sinai colored canyon. Hike among the rocky mountains enjoying the many colors reflecting from the oxidized surfaces in the sun. Take a jeep safari from Sharm el Sheikh for the 240 kilometer trip to the amazing colored ca...

HP printer problem, printer stops mid page, additional information
I forgot to say that I have installed a new, win2K specific driver for it. Nick ...

[ANN] - PathEditor 1.0.0
What it is ======= Anyone who's had to update their Windows PATH variable more than once in a week knows it's a tiresome, error-prone, and clumsy process. This utility aims to make it simple and easy. Where to get it =========== The tool is available as a gem: gem install patheditor Usage ===== Once installed, type path_editor To see the current entries in your path. Options are available to add or remove path components, or you can automatically clean duplicate and non-existent directories. For a listing of all options available, type: path_editor --help When the path...

How to start/stop labview using SIT from Matlab
Hi, Setup: Labview and Simulink communicating through Simulation Interface Toolkit 3.0. Problem: If you close and reopen the model in Simulink while Labview is running Labview crashes. Is there a command from Matlab to tell Labview to stop/start running? I would like to be able to stop Labview running, change the model file and then start Labview again. The model file name and location always remains the same. Thanks Dan ...

Access to serial port in full-duplex
Dear NG, can anybody help me how to implement a _fast_ full-duplex serial communication under Matlab/Simulink? Are there any good "HowTo's"? I am trying to implement a communication module to a serial port device under Matlab/Simulink (19.200 baud). I tried several libraries but they all were too slow. I hope that implementing the serial communication as low-lever C (Cpp)-code may help. The final version should run under Windows. I do have a serial class that should provides read/write from/to a serial device from Windows. I got it running in one direction (read or wr...

connection-lines between two points
Hi there, I'm using the educational version of ESRI ArcView 9.1, but I think, the problem can be solved with any other GIS. I've got two datasets, which should be combined to a road-network. Dataset 1: columns: code of motorway junction; coordinates of motorway junction example: RBVM; 23.431, 4.312 Dataset 2: columns: code of motorway junction; directly connected junctions example: RBVM; RNBK; RJGB It's possible to join the two datasets using the "code", but how do I draw the roads (the connections) between to points? Best regards, Tobias ps: F...

Is it possible to upgrade "Full" 6.0.1 to "Full" 6.1 and...
Is it possible to upgrade "Full" 6.0.1 to "Full" 6.1 and have the app-builder (purchased separately) for 6.0 still work, or do I need a new app-builder? A neighboring lab stopped using LabView and gave us the 6.1 disk. Unfortunately, it's a "Full" disk (no app-builder) and we purchased a separate 6.0 app-builder for our 6i system. I have a feeling this is a futile endeavor, but want to be sure before I toss the disk, or attempt an installation and mangle the system. I don't know if the 6.0.1 app builder will work with 6.1, but I'm guessing it won...

dired: make refresh and stop asking
often i go back to dired "ctl-x d ret" and it says something like "disk content changed. update? type Yes or No". (usually because emacs made a temp copy of the file i'm editing) How can i make it always just do refresh without asking? this asking is very annoying. Xah xah@xahlee.org http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html On 14 May 2004 14:19:58 -0700, xah@xahlee.org (Xah Lee) wrote: > often i go back to dired "ctl-x d ret" and it says something like > "disk content changed. update? type Yes or No". (usually because emacs > made a t...

mysql_connect stops via php
Hi, Please divert me if this is not the right group to be posting this question. I am a Linux client trying to connect to a mysql windows server via php, upon hitting the mysql_connect line in my php script, it simply stops executing. In other words anything or'ed with it, like echo does not end up in the html source. I'm not entirely sure on the inner workings of php scripting so I can't explain why echo commands before the mysql_connect don't show up either. However, they appear fine when the mysql_connect line is commented out. Is it a parsing issue? Command line mysql...

{On Air} Watch American Hustle Online Full Movie HD ~MetaScore~ Tvbqcx
Enough Talking! If you are here to watch American Hustle online or you just want to download American Hustle hd - this is the place: Join over 7354 happy movie lovers and watch all you favourite movies including American Hustle full Movie free Online using the best free streaming services. Visit one of the links bellow to go to StreamSky Official GateWay and Start watching American Hustle: .. .. .. CLICK HERE TO WATCH AMERICAN HUSTLE -> http://streamsky.net/?mv=American%20Hustle CLICK HERE TO WATCH AMERICAN HUSTLE -> http://streamsky.net/?mv=American%20Hustle CLICK H...

{FULL!} Watch Labor Day Full Online Streaming FULL>>_HD Rzgjvp
Looking for high quality online streaming services. Stream Star offers HD Quality stream for Labor Day and all Top Box Office releases. Over 2669 readers reported that it's now possible to watch Labor Day online full movie streaming or download the full version of Labor Day . Join over 2669 happy movie lovers and enjoy quality stream services sponsored by Stream Sky Network: .. .. .. CLICK HERE TO WATCH LABOR DAY -> http://streamsky.net/?mv=Labor%20Day CLICK HERE TO WATCH LABOR DAY -> http://streamsky.net/?mv=Labor%20Day CLICK HERE TO WATCH LABOR DAY -> ht...

Changing line color within loop
I was trying to easily change basic line colors for plotting within a loop and have not had success. Perhaps someone can explain why this does not work for the following piece of code. The data are plotted correctly if one color and marker are forced. plotcol=['''b'''; '''r'''; '''g'''; '''c'''; '''m''';'''y'''; '''k'''; '''b''']; plotmar=['''.'''; '''....

how create new partition from command line
Hello how create new partion from commad line with specified size? Rafal On 10/25/2007 04:20 PM, Rafal wrote: > how create new partion from commad line with specified size? On Debian/Ubuntu/Knoppix machines, both the packages 'util-linux' and 'fdisk-udeb' provide a tool known as _sfdisk_; use any of these at your own risk. It OTOH, could be quite dangerous in hands of a novice, so you been warned ;) -- Dr Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709 Anu'z Linux@HOME (Unix Shoppe) Machines: #168573, 170593...

Disc full problem
Hi, I installed RedHat 9.1 on my system One day using the `du -k .' command, I discovered that my home directory was taking up >1GB of space, although the individual files added up to no more than about 30MB. My disc became full, and when I next used the computer, it wouldn't even boot linux (I have a graphical login, and it couldn't display the login screen). I have a dual boot with Win98, but of course Win98 can't read my linux f/s, so I can't change the files that way. Maybe I can use the grub prompt thing, but I don't know how. Can anyone help ...

How can I stop a web script chaning my M$IE home page?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4E5CC.A2B4E630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I erroneously entered a wrong URL like www.rhn.com. This site has = script to change M$IE home page. How can I stop this kind of web page = from changing my M$IE home page? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4E5CC.A2B4E630 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <H...

How to cover part of a line by white line (kind of erase the black line)
How to change (or remove) the color of part of the grid of a figure by covering a stretch of the lines of the grid with white lines? rotava wrote: > How to change (or remove) the color of part of the grid of a figure by > covering a stretch of the lines of the grid with white lines? Maybe place a white rectangle in front of it? set object 1 rectangle front from X1,Y1 to X2,Y2 set object 1 fillcolor rgb "white" fillstyle solid 1.0 noborder On 27 dez, 17:30, sfeam <sf...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote: > rotava wrote: > > How to change (or remov...

Re: Advancing AAAA to Full standard ? #9