IBM announced newest release of product including "IBM COBOL for Windows"

This week, IBM announced the latest release of the *ONLY* product that they now
sell that include a currently supported version of "IBM COBOL for Windows".

See:

    http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/0/897/ENUS209-380/ENUS209-380.PDF

It appears (but I haven't seen the details) that there are new installation
options that will allow a user to better "tailor" which features of RDz they
want installed.

NOTE WELL:
  This does NOT mean that there are options for only BUYING those features that
you want to use.  If you are a shop that *only* wants COBOL (not PL/I, for
example) and ONLY want it for programs to be deployed under Windows (not on z/OS
and no CICS or IMS support), then you still will be required to BUY those other
features - whether or not you will actually install them.

You can see (get to) online documentation for V7.6 from:
   http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rdz/library/index.html#pd-v76

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

0
wmklein40 (279)
10/9/2009 7:05:09 AM
comp.lang.cobol 4278 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow