IBM's CCCA and customized LCPs for Enterprise COBOL migration

I am working on a z/OS Enterprise COBOL migration project and will be using
IBM's CCCA product to automate the code conversion.  I'm interested in
hearing from anyone who has experience customizing the LCPs for this
product.

I have two near-term goals:

1. Remove any CBL (PROCESS) statements.
2. Convert calls to ILBOABN0 to CEE3ABD.

You can reach me here or off-list.

Thanks!

Larry Kahm
Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

0
lkahm (13)
9/26/2007 10:49:40 AM
comp.lang.cobol 4237 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Larry,
  I would really be surprised if you find many (hear or anywhere) that have done
this.  "Back in the day" when CCCA was in more demand/use than it is today,
there were several presentations at GUIDE on it.  I had some of my own ideas
about doing some CPs for "odd situations" - but never found ANYONE else using
that facility.

You *might* find more takers in IBM-MAIN or the CICS list than on
comp.lang.cobol (but even there, I sort-of doubt it)

   ***

P.S. For my own information, any reason that you are removing CBL statements?
(Are these just CICS ones with things like RES,LIB - where the "RES" is now
ignored)?

P.P.S.  If you are looking for ILBOABN0, you might also want to look for
ILBOWAT0 - although that was pretty rare in its use.

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com
"Larry Kahm" <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a z/OS Enterprise COBOL migration project and will be using
>IBM's CCCA product to automate the code conversion.  I'm interested in hearing
>from anyone who has experience customizing the LCPs for this product.
>
> I have two near-term goals:
>
> 1. Remove any CBL (PROCESS) statements.
> 2. Convert calls to ILBOABN0 to CEE3ABD.
>
> You can reach me here or off-list.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Larry Kahm
> Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

0
wmklein (2605)
9/26/2007 12:45:04 PM
Bill,

I'll try cross-posting in a day or so.

As for removing CBL statements - I'd like to make sure that all of the
compile options are standardized in the change management product.  If
options exist in the source, as opposed to on an ISPF panel, no one's going
to know what they are.

One goal I have, as a side-effect of migration, is to ensure that all of the
compile options - for both batch and online - support the use of Fault
Analyzer and Debug Tool.

Larry Kahm
Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

"William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Larry,
>  I would really be surprised if you find many (hear or anywhere) that have
> done this.  "Back in the day" when CCCA was in more demand/use than it is
> today, there were several presentations at GUIDE on it.  I had some of my
> own ideas about doing some CPs for "odd situations" - but never found
> ANYONE else using that facility.
>
> You *might* find more takers in IBM-MAIN or the CICS list than on
> comp.lang.cobol (but even there, I sort-of doubt it)
>
>   ***
>
> P.S. For my own information, any reason that you are removing CBL
> statements? (Are these just CICS ones with things like RES,LIB - where the
> "RES" is now ignored)?
>
> P.P.S.  If you are looking for ILBOABN0, you might also want to look for
> ILBOWAT0 - although that was pretty rare in its use.
>
> --
> Bill Klein
> wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com
> "Larry Kahm" <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote in message
>>I am working on a z/OS Enterprise COBOL migration project and will be
>>using IBM's CCCA product to automate the code conversion.  I'm interested
>>in hearing from anyone who has experience customizing the LCPs for this
>>product.
>>
>> I have two near-term goals:
>>
>> 1. Remove any CBL (PROCESS) statements.
>> 2. Convert calls to ILBOABN0 to CEE3ABD.
>>
>> You can reach me here or off-list.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Larry Kahm
>> Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

0
lkahm (13)
9/27/2007 1:20:41 PM
>>> On 9/27/2007 at 7:20 AM, in message <J6OKi.1319$kk4.688@trnddc08>,
Larry
Kahm<lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I'll try cross-posting in a day or so.
>
> As for removing CBL statements - I'd like to make sure that all of the
> compile options are standardized in the change management product.  If
> options exist in the source, as opposed to on an ISPF panel, no one's
> going
> to know what they are.
>
> One goal I have, as a side-effect of migration, is to ensure that all of
> the
> compile options - for both batch and online - support the use of Fault
> Analyzer and Debug Tool.

Hmm, that's an interesting point of view.  I would think it would be
*easier* to know what the compile options are if they were included in the
source code.

When recompiling a particular source code how does one know that they need
to apply a particular compile option override?

As an example, our default compile option is ADV (versus NOADV).  However we
have some programs that we converted from old COBOL where we decided not to
remove the 'control character' field on the report file, and thus we need to
compile these with the NOADV option.  So we simply put "PROCESS NOADV" as
the first line in the program.  (PROCESS and CBL are synonyms.)

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the issue...

Frank

Frank,

No misunderstanding, just a different point of view....

I've always been a proponent of keeping the control of the compile process
in the change management system.  In your case, since it was a known issue,
I'd have you simply enter the appropriate override on the ChangeMan or
Endevor panel.  It remains associated with your program from then on.

In the assignment I'm still bidding on, the original developers are
undoubtedly long gone and the offshore talent may or may not know what to do
about certain options.  If I can find something that's "hidden" and expose
it during conversion, I've placed the decision point closer to the
programmer - and the project office.  Once it is known, they can document
the choice in the change management product when they compile the program.

Larry Kahm
Heliotropic Systems Inc.

"Frank Swarbrick" <Frank.Swarbrick@efirstbank.com> wrote in message
> Larry
> Kahm<lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote:
>> Bill,
>>
>> I'll try cross-posting in a day or so.
>>
>> As for removing CBL statements - I'd like to make sure that all of the
>> compile options are standardized in the change management product.  If
>> options exist in the source, as opposed to on an ISPF panel, no one's
>> going
>> to know what they are.
>>
>> One goal I have, as a side-effect of migration, is to ensure that all of
>> the
>> compile options - for both batch and online - support the use of Fault
>> Analyzer and Debug Tool.
>
> Hmm, that's an interesting point of view.  I would think it would be
> *easier* to know what the compile options are if they were included in the
> source code.
>
> When recompiling a particular source code how does one know that they need
> to apply a particular compile option override?
>
> As an example, our default compile option is ADV (versus NOADV).  However
> we
> have some programs that we converted from old COBOL where we decided not
> remove the 'control character' field on the report file, and thus we need
> compile these with the NOADV option.  So we simply put "PROCESS NOADV" as
> the first line in the program.  (PROCESS and CBL are synonyms.)
>
> Perhaps I am misunderstanding the issue...
>
> Frank

0
lkahm (13)
9/27/2007 11:54:42 PM
>>> On 9/27/2007 at 5:54 PM, in message <6pXKi.4058$Wo4.771@trnddc03>,
Larry
Kahm<lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> No misunderstanding, just a different point of view....
>
> I've always been a proponent of keeping the control of the compile
> process
> in the change management system.  In your case, since it was a known
> issue,
> I'd have you simply enter the appropriate override on the ChangeMan or
> Endevor panel.  It remains associated with your program from then on.
>
> In the assignment I'm still bidding on, the original developers are
> undoubtedly long gone and the offshore talent may or may not know what
> to do
> about certain options.  If I can find something that's "hidden" and
> expose
> it during conversion, I've placed the decision point closer to the
> programmer - and the project office.  Once it is known, they can document

> the choice in the change management product when they compile the
> program.

Sounds like our change management software is simply lacking when it comes
to those capabilities.  With those capabilities in place your usage of them
sounds quite reasonable.

When compiling for testing are you still able to access change management in
order to make sure that your test compiles have the same compile options as
your production compiles?

Frank

In various sites, I've seen differences in compile options at different
stages.  Sometimes this was deliberate, other times it was based on history.
I believe the options should be set once for all levels - and overrides used
if at all necessary.

With ChangeMan, you compile once for the lowest level of the promotion path,
and the source and load module are copied (in tandem) through each level of
the path.  With Endevor, you compile at each level of the promotion path -
and with that comes the risk that the options >may< not be the same.  I
believe SCLM handles things the same way that ChangeMan does.  I can't speak
for other products.

One of the aspects of this Enterprise COBOL migration that I want to ensure
is that the options are a) reviewed, b) understood in context, and c)
standardized across promotion levels.  Because I'm still idealistic, I'd
like them to be consistent across applications (but I know better)....

Larry Kahm
Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

In most cases, I believe application programmers start with their own
"home-grown" JCL.  Once they get through a couple of desk checks, they have
to load it into Endevor for unit testing.  At that point, the change
management system's load libraries are used
> Larry
> Kahm<lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote:
>> Frank,
>>
>> No misunderstanding, just a different point of view....
>>
>> I've always been a proponent of keeping the control of the compile
>> process
>> in the change management system.  In your case, since it was a known
>> issue,
>> I'd have you simply enter the appropriate override on the ChangeMan or
>> Endevor panel.  It remains associated with your program from then on.
>>
>> In the assignment I'm still bidding on, the original developers are
>> undoubtedly long gone and the offshore talent may or may not know what
>> to do
>> about certain options.  If I can find something that's "hidden" and
>> expose
>> it during conversion, I've placed the decision point closer to the
>> programmer - and the project office.  Once it is known, they can document
>

>> the choice in the change management product when they compile the
>> program.
>
> Sounds like our change management software is simply lacking when it comes
> to those capabilities.  With those capabilities in place your usage of
> them
> sounds quite reasonable.
>
> When compiling for testing are you still able to access change management
> in
> order to make sure that your test compiles have the same compile options
> as
> your production compiles?
>
> Frank

0
lkahm (13)
9/28/2007 1:51:54 PM
Larry,
   What interactive debugging tool do you recommend?  I certainly am a believer
in TEST and sometimes SSRANGE at unit testing levels.  By system test, I would
expect OPT and possibly NOSSRANGE.  The question of whether or not to create a
"sym" dataset for production - depends on what you are using - and I know you
mentioned Fault Analyzer.

P.S.  Larry - as you don't "visit" this site all that often, you may not know
that Frank works under VSE, not z/OS - so I don't remember which change
management systems are available there.

--
> In various sites, I've seen differences in compile options at different
> stages.  Sometimes this was deliberate, other times it was based on history. I
> believe the options should be set once for all levels - and overrides used if
> at all necessary.
>
> With ChangeMan, you compile once for the lowest level of the promotion path,
> and the source and load module are copied (in tandem) through each level of
> the path.  With Endevor, you compile at each level of the promotion path - and
> with that comes the risk that the options >may< not be the same.  I believe
> SCLM handles things the same way that ChangeMan does.  I can't speak for other
> products.
>
> One of the aspects of this Enterprise COBOL migration that I want to ensure is
> that the options are a) reviewed, b) understood in context, and c)
> standardized across promotion levels.  Because I'm still idealistic, I'd like
> them to be consistent across applications (but I know better)....
>
> Larry Kahm
> Heliotropic Systems, Inc.
>
> In most cases, I believe application programmers start with their own
> "home-grown" JCL.  Once they get through a couple of desk checks, they have to
> load it into Endevor for unit testing.  At that point, the change management
> system's load libraries are used
> "Frank Swarbrick" <Frank.Swarbrick@efirstbank.com> wrote in message
>> Larry
>> Kahm<lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote:
>>> Frank,
>>>
>>> No misunderstanding, just a different point of view....
>>>
>>> I've always been a proponent of keeping the control of the compile
>>> process
>>> in the change management system.  In your case, since it was a known
>>> issue,
>>> I'd have you simply enter the appropriate override on the ChangeMan or
>>> Endevor panel.  It remains associated with your program from then on.
>>>
>>> In the assignment I'm still bidding on, the original developers are
>>> undoubtedly long gone and the offshore talent may or may not know what
>>> to do
>>> about certain options.  If I can find something that's "hidden" and
>>> expose
>>> it during conversion, I've placed the decision point closer to the
>>> programmer - and the project office.  Once it is known, they can document
>>

>>> the choice in the change management product when they compile the
>>> program.
>>
>> Sounds like our change management software is simply lacking when it comes
>> to those capabilities.  With those capabilities in place your usage of them
>> sounds quite reasonable.
>>
>> When compiling for testing are you still able to access change management in
>> order to make sure that your test compiles have the same compile options as
>> your production compiles?
>>
>> Frank

0
wmklein (2605)
9/28/2007 2:18:36 PM
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:54:42 GMT, "Larry Kahm"
<lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote:

>I've always been a proponent of keeping the control of the compile process
>in the change management system.  In your case, since it was a known issue,
>I'd have you simply enter the appropriate override on the ChangeMan or
>Endevor panel.  It remains associated with your program from then on.

I agree.   I created a program that I could call to return IDMS
db-keys which are stored in numbers bigger than standard CoBOL could
read.   In my tests, I could stick the compile parm on top of the
code, but Endevor's compile ignored those.   We had to create a new
Compile type for this program.
0
howard (6282)
9/28/2007 2:32:21 PM
Larry Kahm wrote:
> In various sites, I've seen differences in compile options at different
> stages.  Sometimes this was deliberate, other times it was based on history.
> I believe the options should be set once for all levels - and overrides used
> if at all necessary.
>
> With ChangeMan, you compile once for the lowest level of the promotion path,
> and the source and load module are copied (in tandem) through each level of
> the path.  With Endevor, you compile at each level of the promotion path -
> and with that comes the risk that the options >may< not be the same.  I
> believe SCLM handles things the same way that ChangeMan does.  I can't speak
> for other products.
>
> One of the aspects of this Enterprise COBOL migration that I want to ensure
> is that the options are a) reviewed, b) understood in context, and c)
> standardized across promotion levels.  Because I'm still idealistic, I'd
> like them to be consistent across applications (but I know better)....
>
> Larry Kahm
> Heliotropic Systems, Inc.

Just a minor correction.  I work in a shop that uses CA-Endevor to
manage source code and object code, and Endevor can be configured
either to recompile every time a program is promoted to a new
environment/stage, or to be compiled only once when it is first added.
  Our sysprogs chose to compile once and promote source and executable
without recompiling.  This guarantees that the code installed is the
code that was actually tested.

It's also possible to configure Endevor to either allow or prohibit
PROCESS/CBL compile time options.  It is also normal with Endevor to
create multiple compile templates, for example to support plain batch
COBOL compiles, batch COBOL with DB2 compiles, COBOL CICS compiles,
COBOL CICS with DB2 compiles, et cetera.  So even if PROCESS/CBL is
prohibited, you can create a unique compile processor that enforces a
different set of compile time options for special cases (compile with
only production copybooks instead of development copybooks).  We also
use it to manage assembler, JCL, proc, easytrieve, and runtime
documentation.

Endevor is a large and flexible tool.  Our biggest problem with it is
managing concurrent or parallel development.  If a production program
needs an emergency fix we can do it, jumping over in-flight
development, but the code change must then be manually retrofitted to
multiple in-flight versions for various product releases.  Much of
that problem is bureaucratic red tape.

And no, I do not work for CA.  Naturally, Endevor was written by
someone else before CA acquired it.

With kindest regards,

--
http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:07:04 GMT, Arnold Trembley <arnold.trembley@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>Endevor is a large and flexible tool.  Our biggest problem with it is
>managing concurrent or parallel development.

CVS and Subversion (both open source) are excellent for concurrent development. In normal
mode, checked out files are not locked. On checkin, the file is not replaced, changes are
merged into it.

Most major VCSs offer merging as an option, but corporate users almost always turn it off
under the mistaken belief that software can't possibly be smart enough to merge code
without error. The genius of CVS is that you CANNOT turn it off (there actually is a way,
but the admin won't tell you about it). Subversion (SVN) does permit locks because it
supports a wider variety of file types, with MIME links to merge and compare programs.

> If a production program
>needs an emergency fix we can do it, jumping over in-flight
>development, but the code change must then be manually retrofitted to
>multiple in-flight versions for various product releases.  Much of
>that problem is bureaucratic red tape.

Moving changes upstream is one of the more difficult problems in change management. It is
very common for production and QA  fixes to be overwritten by the next release.

When the mentality is merging rather than replacing, it's EASY to mechanically merge
changes into upstream releases. It is best overseen by a change management administrator
because none of the other players have an incentive. Waterfall methodologies don't deal
with it because they hate to admit there are errors in production code.

0
Robert
9/29/2007 1:35:37 AM
In article <oo8rf35kntemgvluc6jrcvjeuu34n4gg4m@4ax.com>,
Robert  <no@e.mail> wrote:

[snip]

>Waterfall methodologies don't deal
>with it because they hate to admit there are errors in production code.

I've seen human beings admit to, deny, hate and love things (or at least
say that they do)... but never a methodology.  Our experiences must be
different; I have never worked on a system where someone, somewhere does
not claim that code in Prod is error-free; the best is usually 'It's been
running smoothly since we corrected for the last unexpected set of
conditions.'

DD

0
docdwarf (6044)

Ubuntu goes enterprise -- From ComputerWorld , August 18, 2008
'Malcolm Yates, Canonical's independent software vendor alliance manager, said in an interview, "A lot of our customers like the Ubuntu desktop and use it for software development. Now, they want to roll it out to the server. We want to make sure that, when they roll out Ubuntu on the server, they find it equally joyous." By this, Yates explained, "we want to make it as easy to install software on the Ubuntu server as it is to install the Ubuntu desktop. For example, we're getting ready to release DB2 and Informix database management systems that come as DEB p...

Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST Hutchinson, Kansas Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors, three keyboards. Louis Ohland wrote: > Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 > monitors, three keyboards. As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays. It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly burned-in one on top) and which was th...

[News] Customers Pissed Off at Yahoo's Acquisition of Free Software
Zimbra users vexed by Yahoo deal ,----[ Quote ] | "What are they going to get for their US$350 million?," he said. "I can't see | how Zimbra fits into the way Yahoo makes money." | | In addition to downloadable, server-based versions of the suite meant to be | installed in customers' premises, it is also available as | software-as-a-service (SAAS) from third-party hosting providers. Keepnet, a | U.K. provider of hosted IT services, recently developed a new Zimbra-based | hosted service, but the company isn't feeling too hot about it now, said | director...

IBM opens Linux Training Centre
http://www.reporter.gr/fulltext_eng.cfm?id=60324102743 ...

ibm thinkpad 390x, sound card
i've just bought an ibm 390x old laptop. there is probably neomagic256av sound/graphic (?) card in it. i'm trying to configure soundcard but it is not easy. there are some threads about it in group archive, but i haven't found any complete solution. there are advices to start linux from msdos (i'm not sure if i like it) and some else which doesn't work for me. if i configure my card as ESS ES1969, i can hear only some noise when i try to play mp3. in linux kernel 2.6.0 soundcard support has been much changed. oss has become depreciated. the primary sound architecture is now...

Developers petition IBM to open source OS/2 [article]
"In the wake of IBM declaring that it is dropping support for it, over 11,000 people have signed a petition now up on the OS/2 World Web site asking the company to open source portions of it, if not the entire operating system. Supporters of the petition argue that in so doing the company's long-suffering user and development communities can continue to be well served." http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatch/archives/001696.html -- Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52 and IBM Web Browser v2.0.5 letoured@nospam.net wrote: > In <11e04m6jc5tcv00@corp.supernews.com>, on 07/21/...

The IBM Multimedia collaboration
http://www.scientificsolutions.com/archives/archives.html In 1972 ... Dr. Martin Alpert starts Tecmar Scientific Solutions in Cleveland Ohio, the name "Tecmar" being derived from MARty's TEChnology....In the history of data acquisition, Tecmar and Scientific Solutions are actually the same company. Tecmar and Scientific Solutions - IBM MultiMedia collaboration In 1986, IBM approached Tecmar to design and manufacture a number of multimedia products. These products were to be designed and manufactured by Tecmar and marketed by IBM. Scientific Solutions provided the ...

Auction: IBM PC Computer Personal System PS/2 57 SX Type 8557 NR
8557SX (386SX-20) http://search.ebay.com/180213696883 (Warning: Lots of pictures! Plan your visit accordingly!) 1 bid of at least $0.99. Located in Pen Argyl, PA USA. eBay says the seller ships worldwide, shipping to the US is listed as $27.70. Ends Feb-13-2008, 08:59:55 PST (1 day, 21 hours). Good condition, comes with a dual async. Needs some cleaning and a set of screws to hold the case cover on. Nice box, think of it as a more expandable version of the 56SX/SLC/ SLC2/3 boxen. The processor can be upgraded, as IBM provided a "special socket" to do so. You can go ...

US-Webster, NY: Helpdesk Support,Tech/Customer Service exp., Win OS connectivity (45337014410)
US-Webster, NY: Helpdesk Support,Tech/Customer Service exp., Win OS connectivity (45337014410) ============================================================================================== Position: Helpdesk Support Reference: SMC01856 Location: Webster NY Duration: 1Y Skills: 1-2 YEARS exp Technical, and Customer Service Exp Win operating systems Scope: RDM - Help Desk Provide technical help desk support via telephone for customized applications used by our client. Know WIN ope...

[Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition] Which package do I need to install to get the analytic functions?
I need to install the OLAP functions (DENSE_RANK, etc.) on an Oracle 8.1.7 server. Disk space is tight so I just can't install everything and I have absolutely no clue about which package I need. Oh, and don't tell me 'Upgrade to 9i' please ;-) That's not an option, and I know these functions were introduced in the 8.1.6 release. TIA Jacques-Henri wrote: > I need to install the OLAP functions (DENSE_RANK, etc.) on an Oracle 8.1.7 > server. Disk space is tight so I just can't install everything and I have > absolutely no clue about which package I need. ...

UML: How do you model a custom container class for a composition?
I am trying to brush up on UML and I have a question. I have a hypothetical project, a message board, which in my example has four classes: MessageBoard - consists of Forums Forum User - moderates a number of Forums (possibly 0) ForumList - a container class that holds Forums In my simplest example I would like to have a composition from MessageBoard to Forum (MessageBoard consists of Forums). In standard OO languages this would be implemented as MessageBoard having an attribute that is a collection of Forums. However - I would like the collection to be a ForumList and not a built-in collec...

Database migration from Sybase ASE 12.x to MS SQL Server 2005
Hi, We are going to be migrating an application and the first step is to migration the Sybase database to SQL Server 2005 database. Can anyone shed some light into this and help me understand the process involved? What are the possible pitfalls? What should the approach be? Any help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, Newbie Bad move ...

Operators in Custom properties
I want to include some data in my drawing template to show things like the area of the part. SW-Surface area doesn't work for me because I just need the 2D area contained on say, a 4' x 8' sheet of UHMWPE. I've realized I'll probably have to manually enter a value for this area, but I then want to take that entered value and multiply it by a certain factor like 1.25. Ideally, the designer would enter in the area of the part and the notes on the drawing would automatically fill themselves in like so... Area: 32 square inches Material Required: 40 square inches Is there...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these &qu...

Prometric & Pearson VUE Exam Center
Prometric & Pearson VUE Exam Center - Cisco,Microsoft,Sun,HP,IBM,ITIL,Websense Best Prometric and Pearson VUE Test center in Bangalore ( For the certification of=A0Microsoft, Sun, CISCO, Exin - ITIL, IBM,=A0HP, Citrix, etc.) =A0 Hi, =A0 Greetings from Everonn!!!! =A0 Are you looking for the best=A0Prometric and VUE exam center for your certification like Microsoft, Sun, CISCO, IBM, and HP, where you can take test whenever you want...? =A0 Then you are at the right place; =A0 Just come and take test whenever you are free..... =A0 We understand your difficulty while registering for your te...

IBM T30 BIOS MiniPCI
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/thinkpad/wireless.html Hello, My IBM T30 laptop requires a lil' hardware hacking (BIOS to be specific). Has anyone tried this hack? Any pointers or suggestions? Thanks, JiMbO J0nES ...

COBOL FAQ #22
Archive-name: computer-lang/cobol-faq Posting-Frequency: twice a month Last-Modified: 2002/05/06 Version: 3.03 URL: http://www.cobolreport.com/faqs/cobolfaq.htm Reply-To: wmklein@ix.netcom.com COBOL FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Last-Modified: Spring 2002 The full COBOL FAQ can be viewed at: http://www.cobolreport.com/faqs/cobolfaq.htm If you have comments, corrects, deletions, or additions, please send private email to: wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com Toward the top of the FAQ is a pointer to the appendix listing the most recent ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Auction: IBM Model 9595 Microchannel Mainboard w/32M IBM RAM
http://search.ebay.com/310005766659 End time: Dec-13-07 18:16:52 PST Single parallel / single serial planar, op panel and floppy cables, 32MB FPM. These folks are in contention for the coveted "Dollar Wrench" award from the Ardent Tool. See the price and make up your mind. Item: IBM Model 9595 Microchannel Mainboard w/32M IBM RAM Description: IBM Model 9595 Microchannel Mainboard w/32M IBM RAM - FRU #04G3863 - includes (8) 4MB parity SIMMS (32MB total) - includes device cables ...

US-Webster, NY: Helpdesk Support,Tech/Customer Service exp., Win OS connectivity (45335214407)
US-Webster, NY: Helpdesk Support,Tech/Customer Service exp., Win OS connectivity (45335214407) ============================================================================================== Position: Helpdesk Support Reference: SMC01856 Location: Webster NY Duration: 1Y Skills: 1-2 YEARS exp Technical, and Customer Service Exp Win operating systems Scope: RDM - Help Desk Provide technical help desk support via telephone for customized applications used by our client. Know WIN ope...

Can use the same Pathway Server with PATHSEND request and SCREEN COBOL(IDS) ?
Dear sirs, If there is PATHWAY Server. Could it handle both PATHSEND request(coding by C) and SCREEN COBOL(IDS)? I read the manual "NonStop TS/MP Pathsend and Server Programming Manual" 4-3 "Considerations for Servers Used With SCREEN COBOL Requesters" "SCREEN COBOL requesters require that the first two bytes of a server reply message contain an integer reply-code value" I have SCREEN COBOL(IDS) first.I want to add new PATHSEND request. The PATHSEND request should have the same format as IDS (message-out),right ? ray <yehrayyeh@gmail.com> wr...

IBM Using iPod to boot Linux on PCs
<http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/05/03/11/141246.shtml?tid=136&tid=126&tid=181&tid=201&tid=1&tid=106> Applejack writes "Looks like iPod fever has caught on to Big Blue. IBM has a yet unreleased iPod-based software for rescue, restore, and recovery of failed Windows PCs. I read this description of the software on Amit Singh's blog, whose group at IBM apparently created this stuff. If I understand this correctly (and I think I do), the iPod contains IBM's rescue software along with Linux. A crashed PC boots into Linux from the i...

[News] [Rival] Xbox 360 DRM Upsets Customers, Old Design Revealed
Microsoft’s Terrible Xbox 360 DRM ,----[ Quote ] | DRM is just terrible and so is Microsoft for ignoring this huge flaw. If you | call their support center and mention this to them, they’ll tell you there is | nothing that they can do. `---- http://jefferson.wordpress.com/2007/07/15/microsofts-terrible-xbox-360-drm/ People are only *beginning* to realise what DRM is and what it does. The XBox has far more serious problems though. Original xbox 360 design prototypes surface ,----[ Quote ] | Chiaki Murata’s Xbox 360 design is now commonplace in living rooms around the | world. But back...

OT: IBM regains bragging rights in Supercomuters
> http://news.com.com/IBM+regains+supercomputer+bragging+rights/2100-7337_3-5239777.html?tag=nl IBM places 224 of its computers in the top 500. The combined HP/Digital lowers its formerly predominent position down to 160. IA64 does place one entry as #2 position with an array of 4096 IA64s. (1.2 megawatts just for the CPUS :-) (One reason is that the apple supercomputer wasn't evaluated because they are in process of hardware upgrades). Power seems to be doing well. "JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message news:871f644fe6bb0c935c2fed338fcc59a5@ne...

How can I find the coordinates of individual controls inside a custom control?
I have a custom control that contains 44 smaller custom controls. &nbsp; I can get the coordinates of the 44 embedded custom controls by getting the controls[] property of the main control, but I cannot find a way of getting the coordinates of the controls inside each of these smaller custom controls. &nbsp; Is there a way of getting at the coordinates of custom controls that are nested several layers deep? &nbsp; Erik. Hi Erik, see the attached example. It searches for all reference, also this ones which are in other controls. After you have all references you can read the positi...