New Zealand earthquake

I hope all is well with Pete Dashwood and am sorry to hear of so many people affected.

Best wishes
Robert
0
0robert
11/16/2016 10:27:07 PM
comp.lang.cobol 4278 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 17-Nov-16 6:27 AM, 0robert.jones@gmail.com wrote:
> I hope all is well with Pete Dashwood and am sorry to hear of so many people affected.
>
> Best wishes
> Robert

Oh for fuck sake he sooked after the last one how nobody was ringing the
Red Cross claiming his corpse :-(

Fuck him! And pleased God may he not return here again.

I know plenty of less self-indulgent Kiwis who are doing it tough and
spit on his pretentious self-indulgence.

God bless Merivale! And Office road
0
Richard
11/17/2016 1:27:49 PM
In article <o0kb8o$iht$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Richard Maher  <maher_rjSPAMLESS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 17-Nov-16 6:27 AM, 0robert.jones@gmail.com wrote:
>> I hope all is well with Pete Dashwood and am sorry to hear of so many
>people affected.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Robert
>>
>Oh for fuck sake he sooked after the last one how nobody was ringing the
>Red Cross claiming his corpse :-(

I think the statute of limitations for that offense has expired... and it
seems that there are those who hope Mr Dashwood has not.

DD
0
docdwarf
11/17/2016 1:34:24 PM
On 11/17/16 8:27 AM, Richard Maher wrote:
> On 17-Nov-16 6:27 AM, 0robert.jones@gmail.com wrote:
>> I hope all is well with Pete Dashwood and am sorry to hear of so many
>> people affected.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Robert
>>
> Oh for fuck sake he sooked after the last one how nobody was ringing the
> Red Cross claiming his corpse :-(
>
> Fuck him! And pleased God may he not return here again.
>
> I know plenty of less self-indulgent Kiwis who are doing it tough and
> spit on his pretentious self-indulgence.
>
> God bless Merivale! And Office road

Don't hold back, tell us exactly how you feel.  :-)

I, too, hope Pete is alright and look forward to his letting
us all know how things went in his part of the islands.

bill

0
Bill
11/17/2016 5:10:37 PM
Am 17.11.2016 um 18:10 schrieb Bill Gunshannon:
> On 11/17/16 8:27 AM, Richard Maher wrote:
>> On 17-Nov-16 6:27 AM, 0robert.jones@gmail.com wrote:
>
> I, too, hope Pete is alright and look forward to his letting
> us all know how things went in his part of the islands.
>
> bill

Me too!
Jessica

0
Jessica
11/19/2016 1:17:26 PM
In article <o0pjdb$shs$1@news-1.m-online.net>,
Jessica Colman  <jessica.colman@augustakom.net> wrote:
>Am 17.11.2016 um 18:10 schrieb Bill Gunshannon:
>> On 11/17/16 8:27 AM, Richard Maher wrote:
>>> On 17-Nov-16 6:27 AM, 0robert.jones@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I, too, hope Pete is alright and look forward to his letting
>> us all know how things went in his part of the islands.
>>
>> bill
>>

>Me too!
>Jessica

I telephoned him a moment ago; we spoke briefly and he assured me that the
only discomfiture he experienced was some rattled crockery.

As many here have already concluded that he's a bit of a crackpot it seems
Situation Normal.

DD
0
docdwarf
11/20/2016 2:40:28 AM
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 02:40:28 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf@panix.com () wrote:

>In article <o0pjdb$shs$1@news-1.m-online.net>,
>Jessica Colman  <jessica.colman@augustakom.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I, too, hope Pete is alright and look forward to his letting
>>> us all know how things went in his part of the islands.
>>>
>>> bill
>>>

>>Me too!
>>Jessica
>
>I telephoned him a moment ago; we spoke briefly and he assured me that the
>only discomfiture he experienced was some rattled crockery.
>
>As many here have already concluded that he's a bit of a crackpot it seems
>Situation Normal.
>
>DD

I am alive and well and, notwithstanding Maher's vitriol, very touched
by the concern shown.

(I don't actually KNOW Richard Maher so I can't imagine what real or
imagined grievance would have prompted such a post. Never mind.)

I'm sorry Doc, I didn't quite know who I was talking to  or I would
have chatted longer.

Although we are fairly used to earthquakes here, this one was
far-reaching and although I live some 600 KM from the epicentre, it
did manage to break some crockery and provide a disturbing few
minutes. There is no serious or permanent damage.

Thank you all for your thoughts; I hope to be posting here for some
time to come yet... :-)

Pete.

0
Pete
11/20/2016 2:55:04 AM
In article <4h323c16s23e1adjef2q78h00743355ndl@4ax.com>,
Pete Dashwood  <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> wrote:

[snip]

>I'm sorry Doc, I didn't quite know who I was talking to  or I would
>have chatted longer.

Not to worry, Mr Dashwood... although a moment after I rang off this bit
of staircase wit came to me:

PD: 'Well, quite obviously I'm still alive.'

DD: 'Either that or my long-distance service goes *much* farther than
expected.'

As you might have noticed... my approach to interacting with folks is
sanguine-to-pathological.  I grinned at the image of you staring at the
telephone-receiver and saying 'What just happened here?'

Good to hear all's more-or-less unshaken.

DD
0
docdwarf
11/20/2016 3:35:02 AM
On 11/19/2016 9:55 PM, Pete Dashwood wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 02:40:28 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf@panix.com () wrote:
>
>> In article <o0pjdb$shs$1@news-1.m-online.net>,
>> Jessica Colman  <jessica.colman@augustakom.net> wrote:

>>> Me too!
>>> Jessica
>>
>> I telephoned him a moment ago; we spoke briefly and he assured me that the
>> only discomfiture he experienced was some rattled crockery.
>>
>> As many here have already concluded that he's a bit of a crackpot it seems
>> Situation Normal.
>>
>> DD
>
> I am alive and well and, notwithstanding Maher's vitriol, very touched
> by the concern shown.
>
> (I don't actually KNOW Richard Maher so I can't imagine what real or
> imagined grievance would have prompted such a post. Never mind.)
>
> I'm sorry Doc, I didn't quite know who I was talking to  or I would
> have chatted longer.
>
> Although we are fairly used to earthquakes here, this one was
> far-reaching and although I live some 600 KM from the epicentre, it
> did manage to break some crockery and provide a disturbing few
> minutes. There is no serious or permanent damage.
>
> Thank you all for your thoughts; I hope to be posting here for some
> time to come yet... :-)
>
> Pete.

Great to hear you are well Pete. I know New Zealanders may be as ready
for these things as anyone, but my best wishes to all regardless.

If you didn't post here, there would be precious little to argue about!
:)

0
Kerry
11/21/2016 2:48:39 PM
Richard Maher <maher_rjSPAMLESS@hotmail.com> wrote in news:o0kb8o$iht$1
@gioia.aioe.org:

> On 17-Nov-16 6:27 AM, 0robert.jones@gmail.com wrote:
>> I hope all is well with Pete Dashwood and am sorry to hear of so many people affected.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Robert
>>
> Oh for fuck sake [omitted]

Wow, who pissed in your Cheerios?
0
Doug
11/22/2016 11:08:39 PM
On Thursday, 17 November 2016 08:27:09 UTC+10, 0rober...@gmail.com  wrote:
> I hope all is well with Pete Dashwood and am sorry to hear of so many people affected.
>
> Best wishes
> Robert

Glad to hear all is well. It seems you shook-up an internet pest that has trouble with Racism and English without expletives.

Best wishes
Greg
0
Greg
11/23/2016 1:03:58 AM
In article <cf414159-7cd7-4350-9d86-a8761507f6e3@googlegroups.com>,
Greg Wallace  <gregwebace@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, 17 November 2016 08:27:09 UTC+10, 0rober...@gmail.com  wrote:
>> I hope all is well with Pete Dashwood and am sorry to hear of so many
>people affected.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Robert
>
>Glad to hear all is well. It seems you shook-up an internet pest that
>has trouble with Racism and English without expletives.

Probably just another (group of your choice); they're all notorious
poopie-heads.

DD

0
docdwarf