powercobol 9 problem.

I need to know how can i run powercobol ver. 9 in windows 7
0
cixllc
7/28/2016 5:34:23 PM
comp.lang.cobol 4278 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Hello cixllc!

Thursday July 28 2016 18:34, you wrote to All:

 > I need to know how can i run powercobol ver. 9 in windows 7

It is far too old to run in Win 7 - tried it last year.
Well at least for my old copy of the distribution CD ISO.

Just as well I wasn't seriously going to play with it.

Vince

0
Vince
7/28/2016 10:29:39 PM
On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 5:34:25 AM UTC+12, cixl...@gmail.com wrote:
> I need to know how can i run powercobol ver. 9 in windows 7

Really? I need to know many things.

I find that observing common courtesy often makes other people more amenable to helping me.

Failing that, you can always buy the support you need.

I run PowerCOBOL V9 from Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and windows 10. In fact, it is available to any machine on my LAN.

However, it took me quite a lot of effort to work out how to do this, and I believe that effort was worth more than your abrupt demand for assistance, so I won't go into the details. (Had your post been gentler, I probably would have...)

What I WILL tell you is this:

1. PowerCOBOL V9 runs VERY well on a virtual XP machine. ORACLE VBOX is excellent, and it is free.

2. There is some "interesting" WMI scripting necessary to make it viable across the LAN.

Good luck.

Pete.

0
dashwood