Prepare your stones....here it is a game written in Cobol...PowerCOBOL 3.0

Hi there,

here it is a little game that I've wrote using nothing but PowerCOBOL 3.0. Yes, it is still around, kicking and alive.

I did not bother to translate the game into English, although there are some messages here and there in that language (old habit I guess).

Anyways, the game does not requires understanding of Portuguese. Just use left, up and right arrow keys in order to control descending of your rocket toward the landing platform. Pretty easy, huh? NOT REALLY.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4TTAKMQekDFMG1EdUpYNUE2TTQ/view?usp=sharing

Regards, Emerson

PS: finally I found a usage for PowerCOBOL 3.0.
PS2: Do not step over the cat's tail.
PS3: There is no support for Oculus Rift, yet.

0
emersonlopes
7/8/2016 3:38:51 AM
comp.lang.cobol 4278 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 7/7/2016 11:38 PM, emersonlopes@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> here it is a little game that I've wrote using nothing but PowerCOBOL 3.0. Yes, it is still around, kicking and alive.
>
> I did not bother to translate the game into English, although there are some messages here and there in that language (old habit I guess).
>
> Anyways, the game does not requires understanding of Portuguese. Just use left, up and right arrow keys in order to control descending of your rocket toward the landing platform. Pretty easy, huh? NOT REALLY.
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4TTAKMQekDFMG1EdUpYNUE2TTQ/view?usp=sharing
>
> Regards, Emerson
>

> PS: finally I found a usage for PowerCOBOL 3.0.
> PS2: Do not step over the cat's tail.
> PS3: There is no support for Oculus Rift, yet.

43Mb - seriously? ugh
0
Kerry
7/8/2016 3:12:28 PM
On 7/7/2016 11:38 PM, emersonlopes@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> here it is a little game that I've wrote using nothing but PowerCOBOL 3.0. Yes, it is still around, kicking and alive.
>
> I did not bother to translate the game into English, although there are some messages here and there in that language (old habit I guess).
>
> Anyways, the game does not requires understanding of Portuguese. Just use left, up and right arrow keys in order to control descending of your rocket toward the landing platform. Pretty easy, huh? NOT REALLY.
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4TTAKMQekDFMG1EdUpYNUE2TTQ/view?usp=sharing
>
> Regards, Emerson
>

> PS: finally I found a usage for PowerCOBOL 3.0.
> PS2: Do not step over the cat's tail.
> PS3: There is no support for Oculus Rift, yet.

Ok, now I see that most of the size is concerned with .wav files that
the game uses... Would be more impressive to see the COBOL code, but now
I see the 'donate' via paypal stuff...
0
Kerry
7/8/2016 3:24:38 PM
The code will be available for free this weekend. Donations are welcome, always.

On Friday, July 8, 2016 at 12:24:55 PM UTC-3, Kerry Liles wrote:
> On 7/7/2016 11:38 PM, emersonlopes@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > here it is a little game that I've wrote using nothing but PowerCOBOL 3.0. Yes, it is still around, kicking and alive.
> >
> > I did not bother to translate the game into English, although there are some messages here and there in that language (old habit I guess).
> >
> > Anyways, the game does not requires understanding of Portuguese. Just use left, up and right arrow keys in order to control descending of your rocket toward the landing platform. Pretty easy, huh? NOT REALLY.
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4TTAKMQekDFMG1EdUpYNUE2TTQ/view?usp=sharing
> >
> > Regards, Emerson
> >

> > PS: finally I found a usage for PowerCOBOL 3.0.
> > PS2: Do not step over the cat's tail.
> > PS3: There is no support for Oculus Rift, yet.
> >

> Ok, now I see that most of the size is concerned with .wav files that
> the game uses... Would be more impressive to see the COBOL code, but now
> I see the 'donate' via paypal stuff...

0
emersonlopes
7/8/2016 3:31:04 PM
On 08-07-16 17:12, Kerry Liles wrote:
> On 7/7/2016 11:38 PM, emersonlopes@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> here it is a little game that I've wrote using nothing but PowerCOBOL
>> 3.0. Yes, it is still around, kicking and alive.
>>
>> I did not bother to translate the game into English, although there
>> are some messages here and there in that language (old habit I guess).
>>
>> Anyways, the game does not requires understanding of Portuguese. Just
>> use left, up and right arrow keys in order to control descending of
>> your rocket toward the landing platform. Pretty easy, huh? NOT REALLY.
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4TTAKMQekDFMG1EdUpYNUE2TTQ/view?usp=sharing
>>

>> Regards, Emerson
>>

>> PS: finally I found a usage for PowerCOBOL 3.0.
>> PS2: Do not step over the cat's tail.
>> PS3: There is no support for Oculus Rift, yet.
>>

> 43Mb - seriously? ugh

Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses.

LANDER.zip (43M) exceeds the maximum size that Google can scan. Would
you still like to download this file?

0
Luuk
7/8/2016 4:48:30 PM
I've just uploaded a new version, a little bit smaller enough for Google to check for viruses... no virus so far ;)

Use the same URL as before.

On Friday, July 8, 2016 at 1:48:23 PM UTC-3, Luuk wrote:
> On 08-07-16 17:12, Kerry Liles wrote:
> > On 7/7/2016 11:38 PM, emersonlopes@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> here it is a little game that I've wrote using nothing but PowerCOBOL
> >> 3.0. Yes, it is still around, kicking and alive.
> >>
> >> I did not bother to translate the game into English, although there
> >> are some messages here and there in that language (old habit I guess).
> >>
> >> Anyways, the game does not requires understanding of Portuguese. Just
> >> use left, up and right arrow keys in order to control descending of
> >> your rocket toward the landing platform. Pretty easy, huh? NOT REALLY.
> >>
> >> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4TTAKMQekDFMG1EdUpYNUE2TTQ/view?usp=sharing
> >>

> >> Regards, Emerson
> >>

> >> PS: finally I found a usage for PowerCOBOL 3.0.
> >> PS2: Do not step over the cat's tail.
> >> PS3: There is no support for Oculus Rift, yet.
> >>

> > 43Mb - seriously? ugh
>
> Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses.
>
> LANDER.zip (43M) exceeds the maximum size that Google can scan. Would
> you still like to download this file?

0
emersonlopes
7/8/2016 5:18:28 PM
Here it is the source code. There are some stuff that may be useful for those still using PowerCOBOL up to version 11. Other than that, it is pretty much basically useless.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4TTAKMQekDFMFRQZ09XS0hnVXM

Now I'm implementing a classic Cobol version: Digger !

Emerson

PS: now, be a lamb and click on Donate at the end of game!