Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

Hi All
 I've been working on my Canon Cat to get it so I can
print to a HP printer. I've gotten the basics to work.
For anyone interested, you can find some notes I have
on the tForth in the Cat and my HP driver.
 The notes and things are on:

 www.digibarn.com

 The current listing has a couple of typos that I hope to get
fixed but they are not hard to find.
 One is in the definition of HPdocbreak. It has #S intead of
#s ( this tForth is case sensitive ).
 The other is in the final definition that connects the HP driver.
The definition is:
: HP ['] HPsetup exa setup' ;
And should have been:
: HP ['] HPsetup exa setup' ! ;

 I'm also interested in talking to anyone else interested in
looking at what is inside of the Cat.
Dwight

0
dkelvey (274)
4/8/2007 5:44:13 AM
comp.lang.forth 7148 articles. 0 followers. markrobertwills (871) is leader. Post Follow

0S 9 drivers/printer description files for HP printer?
Someone I know has an old G4 running OS 9.2.2 They recently replaced an old dead GCC Elite XL 608 printer with a new HP LaserJet 5200 printer. The GCC printer was connected by ethernet. The HP is connected by USB. The CD that came with it has only OS X drivers. The old GCC printer used to show up in chooser under Laserwriter 8 But this printer does not seem to be listed at all in chooser. HP's website does not have any OS 9 drivers for this printer. I don't know anything about setting up printers on OS 9, but I found something called desktop printer utility I think. I ran that and I...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer?
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked oportunity to make money...this is definately needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurment and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. "Curious" <dave_williamson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105877233.735476.184530@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will > allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many > pictures at one shot. I have to print on...

Any *good* printer drivers for HP Photosmart 7550 Photo printer? #2
I'm not picky,...really! All I want is a printer driver that will allow me to print up a standard 8.5"x11" page with 3, 5, however many pictures at one shot. I have to print one picture, put it back into the paper tray, and hope that in the next few attempts I won't print over another picture. There should at least be software that will provide the option to show the last few prints where they were on the page. SOFTWARE PROGRAMERS...here's an overlooked opportunity to make money...this is definitely needed. Type in the preferred size of a picture and how many of that picture you want printed. Select 3, 8, or however many different pictures you want printed. When your batch is complete, press PRINT. Walk away. Come back to find all 32 (or whatever) pictures printed in the way the computer has chosen as the most efficient use of space...! Need to trim an 1/8" off a pic to make it fit? The software will give you the option to change the size if needed and by how much (measurement and/or percentage reduction. Tell me-does that exhist? Thanks for looking into this stuff for me. ...

Command-line/Applescript printer creation
I'm trying to script adding a printer but am have trouble finding the PPD. A sample script references the ppd file as "laserjet.ppd" but it appears that HP's PPDs are all named "printer_model.gz". The script is completing but the new printer doesn't have the correct driver if I use "printer.gz". Any suggestions? Are the .gz files the new format for printer PPDs? Thanks. A bit late... ["Followup-To:" alt.comp.lang.applescript] L wrote at 2005-08-25 in <news:Xns96BCF388362C5lnllnllnllnlorginval@216.196.97.131> > I'm trying t...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Printer addendum for HP printer

HP Universal printer driver Postscript, old Postscript 2 printer and Acrobat 8
hello, I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at http://www.hp.com/go/upd I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript level 2 support (Laserjet 2200 and Color Laserjet 4500). Some document are not printed, and I got only a page which say I had send a postscript level 3 document to the printer. When I use the standard PS driver within Windows (and not the universal HP drivers), and I do File Print... Advanced option in Acrobat 8, I got "level 2 Postscript" in Poscript option. When I use the HP UPD PS driver , and I do File Print... Advanced option in Acrobat 8, I got "level 3 Postscript" in Poscript option. Manually revert to Postscript 2 did not always solves the problem Gilles Vollant wrote: > hello, > I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at > http://www.hp.com/go/upd > > I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript > level 2 support (Laserjet 2200 and Color Laserjet 4500). When I had to produce postscript prints, I was using Linotronic drivers (don't remember the number, probably any will work). Not a single problem with compatibility. It was with Win2K. -- Jerry1111 Yes, I just wanted use HP universal driver which has some cool feature ...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

Canon Printer Drivers
Can someone tell me where I might find the OS2 drivers for my Canon i550 printer? Hap Reese Hi Willard Willard Reese wrote: > Can someone tell me where I might find the OS2 drivers for my Canon > i550 printer? > > Hap Reese Current/Recent omni driver pack. Regards Pete ...

Drivers for Canon printers
I know that often drivers are designed for a printer family, so that a driver for for lower-numbered printer will wokr (albeit with some limitations) for a higher numbered one. So, does anyone know if a) there are drivers for the 560/860/960 and/or 850/950 series of Canon printers? Do drivesr for 860 work for 960? Etc. b) there are any OS/2 or WinOS/2 drivers for this series? Thanks Wolf Kirchmeir wrote: > So, does anyone know if > a) there are drivers for the 560/860/960 and/or 850/950 series of Canon > printers? Do drivesr for 860 work for 960? Etc. > b) ...

drivers for canon printer
what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer? just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers. I'm told that the 850 or 950 drivers work well wit the IP4000, dunno about the ip8500. However, I don't think I have those type of drivers tho on my pc. are they supposed to be in omni or epomni, if so, then my driver must be out of date. I guess trip to Passport Adavantage is in order, eh? Alex Smariga wrote: >And I have the Pixma 8500 and would like to know what drivers will >allow me to use this pr...

printer driver driver
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver, that will take the output from XP, 7, 8, or 10 and convert it to what the output from win98 or XP would look like, to be used as input for old printers. So that old printers -- and other accessories -- could be used with new versions of windows. So it woudln't have to be printer-specific, If this won't work, how come? It annoys me that not only do they want us to buy a new version of Windows, which often means a new computer, but then we have to buy new printers, etc. This is a multi-part mes...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

want second printer driver for a printer with different specs
In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the author says one of the reasons to install another driver on pg. 208: "You want to set up different printer preference sets for a single physical printer.....". Sounds good, but I can't see how to do it. In the printer folder, I can see a button for Add a Printer- but will that process succeed in loading a second, identical driver? (one that I can modify) Joe "Joe" <abc@xyz.com> wrote: >In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the au...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

FC3 And HP Printer Drivers.
Hi peoples , I am going to up grade my old printer to a multi function printer/scanner / copier for my dual boot system of Win 98 and FC3. Does anybody know if I can get any Linux drivers for the : HP PSC 1610 all-in-one printer http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/10_38_77_3804_Q5587A.html HP PSC 1410 All-in-One Printer http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/10_38_77_4220_Q7290A.html At the moment , I am leaning towards getting the HP PSC 1610 because of the faster printing/copying and better resolution. Thanks. -- ------------------------------------ True Multit...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

HP Paper with Canon Printer?
Hello, I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:mZqSh.669$ok6.630@trnddc07... > Hello, > > I was told that HP inkjet paper should not be used with Canon inkjet > printers. Do you know if this true? My printer is a Canon, and I want to > use HP double-sided paper for quality brochures. Thanks. > > Ta...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

Web resources about - Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer - comp.lang.forth

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

This $99 device turns your phone into a 3D printer
VIDEO: It uses a special resin and the light from your screen. 3D printers can be pretty expensive, but a company called OLO has created a new ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Amazon’s 11 best deals of the day: 3D printer, Roku Streaming Stick and more
The BGR Deals team has some terrific daily Amazon deals for you today, including one that you've been waiting to pull the trigger on: a 3D printer. ...