DSP@

DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
stack.

In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
entry) or the new one?

Currently, my code uses the new address:

INCT R4 - create new stack entry
MOV R4,*R4 - place address of stack pointer in top stack entry

Mark.

comp.lang.forth 7148 articles. 0 followers. markrobertwills (871) is leader. Post Follow

Op Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:58:16 -0700 (PDT) schreef MarkWills:

> DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
> stack.
>
> In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
> address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
> entry) or the new one?
>
> Currently, my code uses the new address:
>
> INCT R4 - create new stack entry
> MOV R4,*R4 - place address of stack pointer in top stack entry
>
> Mark.

If you have a machine with no native PUSH and POP, you can choose
either of them. Strange to see a stack growing upwards, do you
use a TI 99 or something? FIGFORTH for the 1802 had the data stack
growing upwards and the return stack downwards.

If the sequence 'DSP@ DSP!' does not change DEPTH, you're ok.

On an Intel/AMD/Cyrix etc. PC you can do 'PUSH SP' followed
by 'POP SP' and the stack pointer will not change, providing
you do this on a 286 (just checked;-) or higher.
--
Coos

CHForth, 16 bit DOS applications
http://home.hccnet.nl/j.j.haak/forth.html
0
chforth (1145)
4/13/2009 7:12:26 PM
MarkWills <markrobertwills@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
>stack.
>
>In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
>address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
>entry) or the new one?

The traditional name is SP@, and in Gforth it gives the previous TOS
address:

1 sp@ .s @ .s

prints

<2> 1 46912510676984 <2> 1 1  ok

- anton
--
M. Anton Ertl  http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html
   EuroForth 2009: http://www.euroforth.org/ef09/
On Apr 13, 8:12=A0pm, Coos Haak <chfo...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Op Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:58:16 -0700 (PDT) schreef MarkWills:
>
> > DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
> > stack.
>
> > In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
> > address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
> > entry) or the new one?
>
> > Currently, my code uses the new address:
>
> > INCT R4 - create new stack entry
> > MOV R4,*R4 - place address of stack pointer in top stack entry
>
> > Mark.
>
> If you have a machine with no native PUSH and POP, you can choose
> either of them. Strange to see a stack growing upwards, do you
> use a TI 99 or something? FIGFORTH for the 1802 had the data stack
> growing upwards and the return stack downwards.
>
> If the sequence 'DSP@ DSP!' does not change DEPTH, you're ok.
>
> On an Intel/AMD/Cyrix etc. PC you can do 'PUSH SP' followed
> by 'POP SP' and the stack pointer will not change, providing
> you do this on a 286 (just checked;-) or higher.
> --
> Coos
>
> CHForth, 16 bit DOS applicationshttp://home.hccnet.nl/j.j.haak/forth.html

Hi Coos

Yes, it's a TI99 - just a little home hobby.

I could have used post increment and a stack that grows down, then I'd
get a pop for free, but I've gone too far to change all the other code
now!

Thanks
On Apr 13, 8:14=A0pm, an...@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl)
wrote:
> MarkWills <markrobertwi...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> >DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
> >stack.
>
> >In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
> >address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
> >entry) or the new one?
>
> The traditional name is SP@, and in Gforth it gives the previous TOS
> address:
>
> 1 sp@ .s @ .s
>
> prints
>
> <2> 1 46912510676984 <2> 1 1 =A0ok
>
> - anton
> --
> M. Anton Ertl =A0http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html
> comp.lang.forth FAQs:http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/faq/toc.html
> =A0 =A0 =A0New standard:http://www.forth200x.org/forth200x.html
> =A0 =A0EuroForth 2009:http://www.euroforth.org/ef09/

What the advantages/disadvantages of the two approaches?

I presume the ANS behaviour is as per GForth?

Thanks Anton, I will change my code to match the names, and also the
behaviour.

Mark
In article <52304351-4baf-4942-9327-752b5f597b56@n11g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
MarkWills  <markrobertwills@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
>stack.
>
>In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
>address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
>entry) or the new one?
>
>Currently, my code uses the new address:
>
>INCT R4 - create new stack entry
>MOV R4,*R4 - place address of stack pointer in top stack entry

In ciforth I use the old address

: EMIT    DSP@ 1 TYPE DROP ;

You would have to
: EMIT    DSP@ 2 CELLS - 1 TYPE DROP ;

It also makes more sense in a context like
: PAUSE-COT  \ PAUSE  ( for CoOperative multi-Tasking.
        ... DSP@ >R ....        R> DSP! ;

After all after storing something in the stack pointer,
you don't expect an offset.

>Mark.

Groetjes Albert

albert37 (3001)
4/14/2009 1:16:10 AM
In article <2009Apr13.211414@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at>,
Anton Ertl <anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>MarkWills <markrobertwills@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>>DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
>>stack.
>>
>>In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
>>address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
>>entry) or the new one?
>
>The traditional name is SP@, and in Gforth it gives the previous TOS
>address:

Sometimes it is good to break tradition:
In tforth Marcel Hendrix had SP@ RP@ and SSP@ FSP@ ("system" stack)
This drove me mad and I introduced  xSP@ xSP! for any stack pointers.
D data stack. R return stack, S system Stack, F floating point stack.
With this convention there is place for a couple of more stacks,
and one can still remember the names.

(The System stack is just an extra stack, going back to the
Apple FysForth.)

>- anton

Groetjes Albert

albert37 (3001)
4/14/2009 1:24:53 AM
MarkWills <markrobertwills@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>> The traditional name is SP@, and in Gforth it gives the previous TOS
>> address:

I have now looked it up in "All about Forth", and MVP-Forth,
Fig-Forth, F83, and F-PC implement it the same way, and the Forth-79
reference word set specifies it that way.

>What the advantages/disadvantages of the two approaches?

The advantage of doing it the same way as everybody else is increased
portability and less confusion.  But if your stack grows upwards, it
probably does not matter much.

>I presume the ANS behaviour is as per GForth?

SP@ is not specified by ANS Forth.

- anton
--
M. Anton Ertl  http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html
   EuroForth 2009: http://www.euroforth.org/ef09/
0
anton (5320)
4/14/2009 9:07:29 AM
MarkWills <markrobertwills@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 8:14?pm, an...@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl)
> wrote:
> > MarkWills <markrobertwi...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> > >DSP@ fetches the address of the top of stack, and places it on the
> > >stack.
> >
> > >In doing so, of course, a new stack entry has to be created. So, which
> > >address goes on the stack? The previous one (before the new stack
> > >entry) or the new one?
> >
> > The traditional name is SP@, and in Gforth it gives the previous TOS
> > address:
> >
> > 1 sp@ .s @ .s
> >
> > prints
> >
> > <2> 1 46912510676984 <2> 1 1 ?ok

> What the advantages/disadvantages of the two approaches?

The version that Anton uses goes back a long way, as far as fig-FORTH.
It's not a good idea to break with that tradition.  (Forth Inc once
had this same function but called it 'S.)

> I presume the ANS behaviour is as per GForth?

No.  Addressing into the stack as though it were an array has never
been good practice, and isn't even possible on some systems.  It isn't
ANS, and wasn't even provided by FORTH-79.

In any case, what would you use SP@ for?  The only thing I can think
of is as a factor for PICK and ROLL.  It can be used to define .S and
a few other things, but AFAIK there are better ways to do them that
don't need SP@.

Andrew.
0
andrew29 (3684)
4/14/2009 10:00:37 AM
Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> wrote:

> Addressing into the stack as though it were an array has never been
> good practice, and isn't even possible on some systems.  It isn't
> ANS, and wasn't even provided by FORTH-79.

I saw Anton's posting and just checked FORTH-79 again: SP@ is indeed
in the Reference Word Set.  However, FORTH-79 also states that "a
standard program may not address directly into the data or return
stacks."

Andrew.
0
andrew29 (3684)
4/14/2009 10:16:48 AM
Andrew Haley wrote:

> Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Addressing into the stack as though it were an array has never been
>> good practice, and isn't even possible on some systems.  It isn't
>> ANS, and wasn't even provided by FORTH-79.
>
> I saw Anton's posting and just checked FORTH-79 again: SP@ is indeed
> in the Reference Word Set.  However, FORTH-79 also states that "a
> standard program may not address directly into the data or return
> stacks."

Assume you have an architecture with several address spaces (like 8051, AVR
or other similar architectures). You might put your stacks into an address
space which is not addressable by @ and !, but still capable of holding
several stacks for a multitasker. Then, a high-level multitasker using sp@
and sp! still would work, but : pick cells sp@ + cell+ @ ; won't.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/

0
bernd.paysan (2418)
4/14/2009 11:11:42 AM
On Apr 14, 11:00=A0am, Andrew Haley <andre...@littlepinkcloud.invalid>
wrote:
> MarkWills <markrobertwi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Apr 13, 8:14?pm, an...@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl)
> > wrote:

> > > The traditional name is SP@, and in Gforth it gives the previous TOS
> > > address:
>
> > > 1 sp@ .s @ .s
>
> > > prints
>
> > > <2> 1 46912510676984 <2> 1 1 ?ok
> > What the advantages/disadvantages of the two approaches?
>
> The version that Anton uses goes back a long way, as far as fig-FORTH.
> It's not a good idea to break with that tradition. =A0(Forth Inc once
> had this same function but called it 'S.)
>
> > I presume the ANS behaviour is as per GForth?
>
> No. =A0Addressing into the stack as though it were an array has never
> been good practice, and isn't even possible on some systems. =A0It isn't
> ANS, and wasn't even provided by FORTH-79.
>
> In any case, what would you use SP@ for? =A0The only thing I can think
> of is as a factor for PICK and ROLL. =A0It can be used to define .S and
> a few other things, but AFAIK there are better ways to do them that
> don't need SP@.
>
> Andrew.

>In any case, what would you use SP@ for?

Hi Andrew,

Well, not sure yet, still putting the software together, however, I
can tell you that my implmentation of .S uses it.

Mark
Op Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:11:42 +0200 schreef Bernd Paysan:

> Andrew Haley wrote:
>
>> Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Addressing into the stack as though it were an array has never been
>>> good practice, and isn't even possible on some systems.  It isn't
>>> ANS, and wasn't even provided by FORTH-79.
>>
>> I saw Anton's posting and just checked FORTH-79 again: SP@ is indeed
>> in the Reference Word Set.  However, FORTH-79 also states that "a
>> standard program may not address directly into the data or return
>> stacks."
>
> Assume you have an architecture with several address spaces (like 8051, AVR
> or other similar architectures). You might put your stacks into an address
> space which is not addressable by @ and !, but still capable of holding
> several stacks for a multitasker. Then, a high-level multitasker using sp@
> and sp! still would work, but : pick cells sp@ + cell+ @ ; won't.

My CHForth for the PC uses a separate address space (segment) for the
stacks vs. data and code, so addressing into the stack needs more than
a simple DSP@.
For example:
: DUP SSEG DSP@ @X ;

--
Coos

CHForth, 16 bit DOS applications
http://home.hccnet.nl/j.j.haak/forth.html

0
chforth (1145)
4/14/2009 3:50:22 PM
On Apr 14, 11:50 am, Coos Haak <chfo...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> Op Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:11:42 +0200 schreef Bernd Paysan:
> > Assume you have an architecture with several address spaces (like 8051, AVR
> > or other similar architectures). You might put your stacks into an address
> > space which is not addressable by @ and !, but still capable of holding
> > several stacks for a multitasker. Then, a high-level multitasker using sp@
> > and sp! still would work, but : pick cells sp@ + cell+ @ ; won't.

> My CHForth for the PC uses a separate address space (segment) for the
> stacks vs. data and code, so addressing into the stack needs more than
> a simple DSP@.
> For example:
> : DUP SSEG DSP@ @X ;

For the identified purpose, DSP@ only needs to yield something that
DSP! can restore. EG, in a subroutine threaded 6502 implementation
with X-indexed page of low bytes and one X-index page of high
bytes ...

_DSPFETCH:
   TXA
   INX
   STA DL,X
   RTS

_DSPSTORE:
   LDA DL,X
   TAX
   RTS

.... if DSP! does not care what the high byte is, DSP@ would not have
to actually set it. And of course, with split high and low byte
stacks, there is no single address for it to be set to.
0
agila61 (3956)
4/15/2009 1:17:31 AM
Op Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:17:31 -0700 (PDT) schreef BruceMcF:

> On Apr 14, 11:50 am, Coos Haak <chfo...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>> Op Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:11:42 +0200 schreef Bernd Paysan:
>>> Assume you have an architecture with several address spaces (like 8051, AVR
>>> or other similar architectures). You might put your stacks into an address
>>> space which is not addressable by @ and !, but still capable of holding
>>> several stacks for a multitasker. Then, a high-level multitasker using sp@
>>> and sp! still would work, but : pick cells sp@ + cell+ @ ; won't.
>
>> My CHForth for the PC uses a separate address space (segment) for the
>> stacks vs. data and code, so addressing into the stack needs more than
>> a simple DSP@.
>> For example:
>>: DUP SSEG DSP@ @X ;
>
> For the identified purpose, DSP@ only needs to yield something that
> DSP! can restore. EG, in a subroutine threaded 6502 implementation
> with X-indexed page of low bytes and one X-index page of high
> bytes ...
>
> _DSPFETCH:
>    TXA
>    INX
>    STA DL,X
>    RTS
>
> _DSPSTORE:
>    LDA DL,X
>    TAX
>    RTS
>
> ... if DSP! does not care what the high byte is, DSP@ would not have
> to actually set it. And of course, with split high and low byte
> stacks, there is no single address for it to be set to.

Agreed, I use DSP@ and DSP! only during startup and in CATCH and THROW.
The value of DSP@ itself is of no use for the programmer.

The example I gave might have to be rewriten as
: DUP DSP@ SWAP SSEG @X ;
for another implementation that I can produce.

--
Coos

CHForth, 16 bit DOS applications
http://home.hccnet.nl/j.j.haak/forth.html

0
chforth (1145)

forth in forth
I came across this in the archives: >The widely shared belief (among both Forthies >and outsiders) that every "real" Forth programmer hacks together >his own compiler/interpreter/programming environment also makes >the Forth community look frivolous or at best naive. Most people >who program for a living know that there are more useful ways to >spend their time than building their own programming environment -- >the key to productivity is leveraging off other peoples' work. HERESY in the Forth community! Imagine... NOT coming up with your own CASE statement or local variable implemetation? Use OTHER PEOPLES TOOLS? Yuccch! One thing you can count on in the Forth community... try to establish a standard ANYTHING, and all that will happen is others will come up with their own implementation, defeating the purpose of standardization. Why is this? I mean, I'm usually quite happy to program in other languages without building my own interpreter or compiler. For instance with Ruby, the only time I even considered it's implementation was when I was learning how it's class structure was organised, and that was only because some of my references talked about the internals. Now with Forth, it seems like every step along the way makes me think about writing my own implementation! A couple of months back I designed (in outline) a prototype based OOPS for forth, and before I could finish it I was planning how to write a ...

dsp assembly lang to c code
hi frds.. I am using a motorola dsp processor. i've a code written for that dsp processor. now i want to implement the same program for a dfferent dsp. can any one tell me whether i've tools which convert an assembly to 'C' lang. thanx...kishore Andor Bariska wrote: > B Krishna Kishore wrote: >> hi frds.. >> >> I am using a motorola dsp processor. i've a code written for >> that dsp >> processor. now i want to implement the same program for a >> dfferent dsp. >> >> can any one tell me whether i've tools ...

Why xml:lang instead of lang?
What was the reason to introduce a new attribute "xml:lang" instead of "lang"? This bothers both authors and browsers in different language versions: HTML 4, XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1. HTML has only "lang"; XHTML 1.1 has only "xml:lang"; XHTML 1.0 has both! For example, Mozilla 1.7 recognizes the lang attribute http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/lang-attribute.htm but it does not recognize the xml:lang attribute. http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/lang-attribute.xhtml What do we gain from "xml:lang"? Andreas Prilop wrote: > What was the reason to introduce a new attribute "xml:lang" > instead of "lang"? > What do we gain from "xml:lang"? By putting the attribute in the general and predefined namespace http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace it can be used by any XML application (e.g. XHTML, SVG) without any further effort and without any danger of colliding with attributes in no namespace a particular XML application might want to define. -- Martin Honnen http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Andreas Prilop wrote: > What was the reason to introduce a new attribute "xml:lang" > instead of "lang"? Since it is useful to have a means of describing language in the core of XML. It only looks silly from an (X)HTML-centric viewpoint. -- David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/ In article <Pine.GSO.4.44.0603311415390.8640-100000@s5b004.rrzn.u...

Forth is to program , Forth is NOT to study ..
Forth is to program , not to learn , nor study . Study is for students , Students dont eat well . They seek help and subsidy , and credencials .. all , far from productive programming . There is NO arguement , NO arguement in Forth , cause it is always done LEAST WORK , FASTEST runtime . In 40 years , Humans have built up school systems , universities, industries and factories Since it is a "system" , its uncompetitive . Competition and profits are impossible from any system . Accountants can see the "books" indicate this is the last of those 40 years of educational systems . For the lack of profits . Productivity/Profits comes ONLY from individuals , working alone ( competition) . They create their own "tools" . They NEVER write manuals cause every tool is the simplest it can be , Needs no explanation . Forth Dictionary is not for teaching Forth , its for organizing WORDS . Its for taking work and details away from the programmer . Forth is to program , not to learn , nor study . Study is for students , Students dont eat well . They seek help and subsidy , and credencials .. This is not programming. There is NO arguement in Forth , cause it is always done LEAST WORK , FASTEST , no BLOAT . -------- In 40 years , Humans have built up school systems , universities, industries and factories Since it is a "system" , its uncom...

applications in forth or forth libraries
is there a archive of applications built in forth? something like cpan for perl? etc.? On Dec 2, 3:46=A0pm, gavino <gavcom...@gmail.com> wrote: > is there a archive of applications built in forth? > > something like cpan for perl? etc.? Well, you'll find some things. Take a look at forthfreak.net to get the pointers. The main problem is that even "ANS compatible" Forths are not compatible at all if you add the mindset of the programmer to the standard. There are some classes of problems that are better solved by non-ANS extensions than with ANS. And almost every problem of some complexity involves such problems. So programmers that are used to one specific Forth system learn a domain specific way how to deal with such problems and sometimes they are (me too, indeed) surprised that a specific feature "is not ANS"... Perl has not that problem. You've one dominating implementation. Regards, -Helmar gavino wrote: > is there a archive of applications built in forth? > > something like cpan for perl? etc.? I think the vast majority of them are proprietary in nature, and hence not published. Cheers, Elizabeth -- ================================================== Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784 5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90045 http://www.forth.com "Forth-based products and Services for real-time applications since 1973.&...

no forth pc? no forth replacement for mysqL? a la www.prevayler.org? no forth appserver?
how about a forth clone of iceWM in 1% the code? On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:36:49 PM UTC-6, the_gavino_himself wrote: > how about a forth clone of iceWM in 1% the code? Right now, what I'm interested in is niche RPGMaker-type games on Android. I've done some of this work already in Java, including creating a map editor (on Android) and a playable demo, using First Seed Material (http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/index.php) assets I gave up on my last alternatives to Java when I found Terminal IDE, which allowed me to move code all the way from Java source to installable .apks on the device itself. But now there is a Forth system on Android! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gnu.gforth&hl=en I don't know if it'll have on-device turnkey facilities soon or ever, or how deployment will otherwise work. I've some familiarity with Java API, the Android way of XML-specified interfaces and the like (fortunately, games mostly ignore that part of Android), but JNI and friends is still a mystery to me. But you can get the satisfaction of being able to touch an icon and have your Forth app start up.... by the roundabout method of having an auxiliary app that 1) slides Forth source into starta.fs on the SD card and then 2) launches gforth. It's satisfying anyway. So in the manner of someone laying down track with the expectation that there will be a tunnel through the mountain by the time the mountain is reache...

Forth
Anyone know of a version of Forth for RISC OS? I used to use Forthmacs by Hanno Schwalm a few years ago, but I've been out of the Acorn scene since 2000, recently returned with an Iyonix. Hanno's site seems to be down and no reply from his old e-mail address. Anton -- Hi, By the process of poking various fingers onto keys Anton generated this: > Anyone know of a version of Forth for RISC OS? > > I used to use Forthmacs by Hanno Schwalm a few years ago, but I've been out > of the Acorn scene since 2000, recently returned with an Iyonix. Hanno's > site see...

Dsp
To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp starter kit for learning you would recommend me? Dave Dave wrote: > To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp > starter kit for learning you would recommend me? > > Dave > Try this page: www.dspguru.com And check out the beginner books section. Rick Lyons' book is an excellent place to start. R I recommend following Math area: Probability , statistics, random theory DSP kit: ADSP 2181, SHARC, TMS 320C54xx ArunKumar "Dave" <davecle@SoftHome.net> wr...

lang
fortran ...

FORTH
Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? Ian implementation of what On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:44:49 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Jones" <bellevueparkw@btinternet.com> wrote: |Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? | |Ian | Alien at Large wrote: > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:44:49 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Jones" > <bellevueparkw@btinternet.com> wrote: > > |Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? > | > |Ian > > implementation of what What he said in the subject line. (Hint: it&#...

Id love to surf web with 4megs ram forth pc using forth and forth chips
when will this happen? cant wait!! On 9/27/2013 11:52 AM, the_gavino_himself wrote: > when will this happen? > > cant wait!! > I'll happen when someone comes up with several $M in funding. Cheers, Elizabeth -- ================================================== Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784 5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90045 http://www.forth.com "Forth-based products and Services for real-time applications since 1973." ================================================== Elizabeth D Rather wrote: > On 9/27/2013 11:52 AM, the_gavino_himself wrote: >> when will this happen? >> >> cant wait!! >> > > I'll happen when someone comes up with several $M in funding. With 4 megs of RAM? I wouldn't do that even if I had large funding. This is not enough memory to display a single cat image, so it's not worth considering. -- Bernd Paysan "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself" http://bernd-paysan.de/ On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:01:15 PM UTC+1, Bernd Paysan wrote: > With 4 megs of RAM? I wouldn't do that even if I had large funding. Thi= s=20 > is not enough memory to display a single cat image, so it's not worth=20 > considering. This is true. Cat images are big. Especially images of lions - because they= ar...

3 books on eBay: Starting FORTH; Thinking FORTH; FORTH Programmer's Handbook
Forth Programmer's Handbook by Conklin and Rather Search for eBay Item # 4129534182 Excellent (like new) condition, second EDITION (August 1998), sixth PRINTING (August 2000). Thinking Forth by Leo Brodie (1984) Search for eBay Item # 4129545378 Excellent (like new) condition, this is the 1994 reprint from Fig Leaf Press (Forth Interest Group, Inc). Starting Forth by Leo Brodie (1987) Search for eBay Item # 4129553634 Second edition, in very good condition. Shows slight wear, but very clean. The softcover binding is in excellent shape. ...

A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches
A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches Quality A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/a-lange-sohne-lange-1.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Discount A Lange & Sohne Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/ We guarantee our A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches and A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Luxury Watches aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watch produced is examined carefully by ...

A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches
A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches Quality A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/a-lange-sohne-grand-lange-1.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Discount A Lange & Sohne Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/ We guarantee our A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches and A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Luxury Watches aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watc...

3 books on eBay: Starting FORTH; Thinking FORTH; FORTH Programmer's Handbook #2
Forth Programmer's Handbook by Conklin and Rather Search for eBay Item # 4129534182 Excellent (like new) condition, second EDITION (August 1998), sixth PRINTING (August 2000). Thinking Forth by Leo Brodie (1984) Search for eBay Item # 4129545378 Excellent (like new) condition, this is the 1994 reprint from Fig Leaf Press (Forth Interest Group, Inc). Starting Forth by Leo Brodie (1987) Search for eBay Item # 4129553634 Second edition, in very good condition. Shows slight wear, but very clean. The softcover binding is in excellent shape. ...

Writing ANS Forth in ANS Forth
Hi I'm currently attempting to write an ANS-compliant ITC Forth system for the ARM as a personal learning project. I've implemented my system primitives as code words and am now starting to look at the implementation of the high-level words. I've noticed that a number of systems use non-ANS definitions or user variables such as LATEST in their implementation of high-level words. I'm currently trying to decide how this fits in with a strictly ANS-compliant system. Here are my thoughts so far regarding two possible approaches... 1) Implement non-ANS words and use them in high-level ANS word definitions. Pros - Makes implementation of some words easier(?). Cons - Non-ANS words visible to the user. System always has bespoke extensions whether you want it to or not. High-level definitions not portable. 2) Only implement high-level ANS words in terms of other ANS words. Pros - 'Cleaner' implementation(?). System has no bespoke extensions. Using SEE on high-level words only shows ANS source, so the user only sees standard documented words. Cons - Some words that would have previously been high-level would have to be implemented as code words where no suitable ANS primitives exist. So, should a strictly ANS-compliant Forth only ever be implemented in ANS Forth? (and is that even possible/practical?) I guess that without the visibility provided by WORDS and SEE this really becomes a non-issue with the user being unaware that there are a number of und...

DSP Group TeakLite DSP Board
I've pulled a DSP Group Teak Lite DSP development board out of the bin at work. It's about 3-4 years old. Their web site asks you to login before you can look at docs an support S/W etc. Does anyone have an old support login for this site? Cheers, Alfie. ...

Forth Application and Technique OR Forth Handbook
hello I buy 1 week ago on amazon U.S. "Forth applications and technical" I would like to know if this book is worth knowing - I do not familiarized with programming language ? and if it is sufficient to have familiarized high in this language ? is that the book "Forth programming" handbook is necessary ? i have not a good level of english and i use a translator thanks On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:37:15 AM UTC-7, michael wrote: > hello > > > > I buy 1 week ago on amazon U.S. "Forth applications and technical" > > > > I would like to know if this book is worth knowing > > > > - I do not familiarized with programming language ? > > > > and if it is sufficient to have familiarized high in this language ? > > > > is that the book "Forth programming" handbook is necessary ? > > > > i have not a good level of english and i use a translator > > > > thanks Best book to learn from beginner. Starting Forth Free Online Version http://www.forth.com/starting-forth/ Also get an old paper book copy Jason In comp.lang.forth, michael wrote: > i have not a good level of english and i use a translator If you need some French materials - maybe try Turboforth for DOS? http://forth.free.fr/apprentissage/turbo-forth/page00.htm -- The consensus was, as usual in this co...

JavaScript to Forth translator (shift-forth)
Hi All, I am working on experimental tool to translate JavaScript (subset) into Forth. https://github.com/drom/shift-forth It takes JavaScript program in Single Static Assignment (SSA) form, implements very simple stack scheduling algorithm, using PICK for deep stack access. And runs peephole optimizer on top. I am working to add basic control structures to to it: Call, if, while Any suggestions are welcome. --Alexey ...

DSP using a non DSP processor
My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering operation on this power signal. Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being too ambitious? please post your comments about its feasibility. Thanks, Rohan Rohan wrote: > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering > operation on this power signal. > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being > too ambitious? > please post your comments about its feasibility. > > Thanks, > Rohan > The big question is "in real time?". Do you want to do this in C ? So, Yea but, is your answer. Rohan wrote: > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering > operation on this power signal. > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being > too a...

Which DSP vendor has the best DSP architecture and why?
There are 4 major supplier of general purpose DSPs; Agere, TI, Analog Devices and Motorola. Which DSP vendor has the best DSP architecture(s), DSPs, tools, support and why? Thanks.........dp On 19 Dec 2003 19:25:35 -0800, petkevich@yahoo.com (dp) wrote: >There are 4 major supplier of general purpose DSPs; Agere, TI, Analog >Devices and Motorola. Which DSP vendor has the best DSP >architecture(s), DSPs, tools, support and why? > >Thanks.........dp Your question tickled me. It's like asking, "Who makes the best gasoline-powered vehicle, who has the best maintenan...

/dev/dsp... how to target different dsp ?
i'm using xmms... and after doing a cvsup/rebuild from (8.0-release) to: FreeBSD elhdt.hoe 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #3: Sat Jun 12 15:39:04 PDT 2010 root@elhdt:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386 xmms nolonger works... and i think that problem is that 8.1-pre- release can now see additional sound devices that weren't seen before... my problem, is how do i get xmms working again (i think, rebind the /dev/dsp device?) how to bind /dev/dsp to a different beast.... elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp* crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 111 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp0.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp0.1 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 90 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp1.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 89 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp2.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 88 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp3.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 87 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp4.0 hmm... clearly, devfs is synthesizing the response to the stat for /dev/dsp by the first ls -l, and the second shows that /dev/dsp is not really there, (the shell expansion of '*' doesn't see it) - so /dev/dsp is probably some sort of artificial virtual object synthesized by devfs. my problem is this. i want to bind to the dsp3.0 (pcm3) equivalent device, and not the pcm equivalent device (i think). how can i do this ? any help or suggestions would be appreciated! elh...

About FORTH
Bonjour � tous. Je recherche les sources d'un forth pour ORIC. Existe-t-il un metacompilateur pour ORIC ? Merci d'avance. Seilebost. PS : Je recommence � tester l'ULA en vhdl. In article <ad4152cf.0306280212.fae8ce@posting.google.com>, olivier JEAN wrote: > Je recherche les sources d'un forth pour ORIC. > Existe-t-il un metacompilateur pour ORIC ? What's a "metacompiler" ? -- Andr� Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/> No actual neurons were harmed in the making of this Usenet post. Andre Majorel &...

Re: Differences between ANS Forth and Forth-79
-------------------------------1162045838 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 10/26/2006 5:50:22 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, eratherXXX@forth.com writes: The biggest problem you'll encounter is that the difference between Forth as described in either edition of Starting Forth and any contemporary Forth you might want to use is vast. For example, SF assumes that your program source is in 1024-byte "blocks" that must be edited with a special Forth editor. There may be a few systems that st...

Forth as Assembly Language (Was Re: FORTH levels)
Guy Macon wrote: > > John Doty wrote: > > >It's pretty clear from the contents of the development kits > >that the dominant language for small widgets must be C. > > Your viewpoint is skewed. Those development kits are for > *medium*- sized low volume widgets. When the quantities > become high (some of my designs have reached quantities of > 100,000 per hour) the usual choices (PIC, 8051, ARM...) cost > too much. At those volumes you are more likely to see > microcontrollers made by by GeneralPlus/SunPlus, Elan/EMC, > WinBond, Sonix, etc, and nearly 100% of the software is > written in highly optimized assembly language with > Forth making some inroads. This is an entire world that is > invisible to you unless you are a designer of talking barbie > dolls, computer mice, or musical greeting cards. > > References: > http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20010221S0034 > http://www.aes.org/sections/la/archive/2000/2000_docs/soundfortoys200004.doc > > -- > misc.business.product-dev: a Usenet newsgroup > about the Business of Product Development. > -- Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/> > Forth can be used as an assembler. What is keeping Forth from replacing a conventional assembler? Can't a Forth development system do whatever optimization is needed for machine code faster and better than ancient assembly language? By the way John Doty is involved in the des...

Web resources about - DSP@ - comp.lang.forth

DSP Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DSP Media , formerly known as DSP Entertainment is a Korean entertainment company, headquartered in Seoul , South Korea that was established ...

MusicPlayer ColatPlayer - EQ (Parametric Equalizer) / Concert Effect (DSP/Reverb) on the App Store
... compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MusicPlayer ColatPlayer - EQ (Parametric Equalizer) / Concert Effect (DSP/Reverb). ...

DSP 282: iPhone Tablet 2008-02-23 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Obviously I can't say much about this except that it's really cool and surprisingly light. Also surprising is how hard it is to take a picture ...

Tetris-Bot (TI DSP + Lego NXT robot) - YouTube
Tetris-Bot is a Tetris-playing robot. Jay Leno would say "How lazy are we getting? Now robots play games for us!" Well, not exactly, but I agree, ...

The West topping the welfare state: Liverpool and Mount Druitt in the top five DSP populations in Australia ...
... Druitt postcodes all housing more than 3000 recipients each. Liverpool’s postcode, which includes Warwick Farm and Moorebank, has 4381 DSP recipients ...

Commission of Audit says force moves for dole, cut DSP
THE welfare system faces a major shake-up with young unemployed people forced to move for work or lose their Newstart allowance, alongside payment ...

DSPs Reap Rewards As Google and Facebook Brawl Over FBX
When it launched its ad exchange, FBX, last summer, Facebook welcomed a crowd of ad-tech companies to its real-time bidding party. But Google ...

Q1: Sizmek Snags Mobile DSP StrikeAd For $11.7 Million; Mobile Revenue Up, Overall Revenue Down
... and earnings – Sizmek likes to multitask. On Thursday, the company announced its Q1 2015 results and its intention to buy mobile DSP StrikeAd ...

AOL Unwraps Its DSP, Hints at SSP and RTB Platform in Works
AOL has unveiled its latest puzzle piece in completing the LUMAscape bingo game.

PS4 Spec Update: Audio DSP Is Based On AMD’s TrueAudio
Continuing our coverage of AMD’s APU13 conference, one of this morning’s keynotes has been from Sony’s VP of Research & Development in North ...