Forth is to program , Forth is NOT to study ..

  Forth is to program , not to learn , nor study .

 Study is for students , Students dont eat well .

 They seek help and subsidy , and credencials ..

  all , far from productive programming .

    There is NO arguement  , NO  arguement in Forth ,

 cause it is always done

  LEAST WORK ,  FASTEST runtime .

     In 40 years , Humans have built  up

   school systems , universities, industries and factories
  Since it is a "system" , its uncompetitive .

  Competition and profits are impossible from any
  system .

  Accountants can see the "books" indicate this is
 the last of those 40 years of educational systems .
   For the lack of profits .

   Productivity/Profits  comes ONLY from individuals ,
  working alone ( competition)  .

   They create their own "tools" . They NEVER write
manuals cause every tool is the simplest it can be ,
  Needs no explanation .

     Forth Dictionary is not for teaching Forth ,
 its for organizing WORDS . Its for taking work
 and details away from the programmer .

  Forth is to program , not to learn , nor study .

 Study is for students , Students dont eat well .

 They seek help and subsidy , and credencials ..

  This is not programming.

    There is NO arguement in Forth ,

 cause it is always done

  LEAST WORK ,  FASTEST , no BLOAT .
       --------

     In 40 years , Humans have built  up
   school systems , universities, industries and factories
  Since it is a "system" , its uncompetitive .

  Competition and profits are impossible from any
  human "system" .

  Accountants can see the "books" .
  40 years of building a human system , 6 years
 to dismantle it .... Blitzkrieg ..

   Productivity/Profits  comes ONLY from individuals ,
  working alone ( competition)  .

   They create their own "tools" . They NEVER write
  manuals , no explanation , cause every
  tool is the simplest it can be ,

     Forth Dictionary is not for teaching Forth ,
  its for organizing WORDS . Its for taking work
  and details away from the programmer .

  Forth is a GUI "interface" , it uses NO text .
 You can work at a command line , if you like .

  Forth does not translate anything ,
  F' does not compile ,

   it Never asks you questions , there is NEVER
 missunderstanding

     ------

    Clearly ,there is only a need for one programmer
  to program once and for all time .

  No one will ever be curious about "that" program ,
 because  they have "lives" to live .
   They produce , competitively .  Unlike those
 who will    " teach" Forth , here .

  Old  Forth had    Terminal Input Buffer .
  New F' has GUI , never text ...

     End of story ....

  Notes *  In Dec 2010 , factories close for a trade war .

  Trade wars stop all EXPORTs , close all  factories .

      Ronald  Raygun    was WRONG ,
  No Factory produces for internal consumption .

  Liberals !  " those factories produce for our consumption "

 ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....

  Everywhere , population goes up til factories cant
 employ all , those outside , steal , murder .
   Humans easily pasified with income from job .

   Govt invents an industry , police , to "control"
  crime and theft .  This industry is "profitable" ?

  When they cant steal , they murder , or get lodging
 at  ClubFed  (  bank robbery .. good econo indicator .. ) .

   Here is the Blitzkrieg , it will be over in one year.
    the world will STOP exporting ,

   When one govt raises taxes , the others retaliate .

   The US Govt had no tax revenues in 1930 .
 So they stole   all the factory startup capital ..

   Dec 2010 .......  No jobs , No income ,
    No credit cards ,
   No cell phones ( Thanks WIFI )
   No Microsoft , No Linux , No Toyotas ..

   800 million  lose their income ...
0
mans.adam (6)
10/18/2009 4:14:34 PM
comp.lang.forth 7148 articles. 0 followers. markrobertwills (871) is leader. Post Follow

hi again werty!!

the funny apocaliptics things agains :)

sad, you not deliver any code :(

0
pabloreda (232)
10/19/2009 4:04:20 AM
On Oct 19, 6:04=A0am, pablo reda <pablor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi again werty!!
>
> the funny apocaliptics things agains :)
>
> sad, you not deliver any code :(

Don't be so harsh on him!  With his accomplishments so far, he is next
in line for a Nobel Peace Prize ...
0
ron6005 (101)
10/19/2009 4:21:58 AM
ron wrote:
> Don't be so harsh on him!  With his accomplishments so far, he is next
> in line for a Nobel Peace Prize ...

Which one?  Maybe literature, or better peace, as for peace, all you need is
just talk ;-)?

--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/

CuppoJava:
> Is this a real person? It reads like the output of one of those
> nonsense story generators. =)
0
m_l_g3 (591)
10/19/2009 10:00:48 PM
On Oct 18, 9:21=A0pm, ron <r...@ronware.org> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 6:04=A0am, pablo reda <pablor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi again werty!!
>
> > the funny apocaliptics things agains :)
>
> > sad, you not deliver any code :(
>
> Don't be so harsh on him! =A0With his accomplishments so far, he is next
> in line for a Nobel Peace Prize ...

:LOL
0
gavcomedy (1608)
10/25/2009 12:44:50 AM
{Original rambling too long to quote to have somebody read my post.)

This must be a laugh ;)

How competitively does one program without learning the language.

How do you make better ways, improvements in the language or better
language, to program without study.  They do not even need to work as
programmers to find the solutions to the threads of knowledge.

Students in productivity are the foundation of future productivity.

One complains about study (often those who do less quality work).  Yet
they want us to spend time studying their posts ;)

Correct systems often equal increased productivity, as does correct
programs.  No system often equals GIGO.  The last 40 years have produced
the most amount of productivity and knowledge in recorded history, maybe
the last 60 years.

Balance I say, Balance of view to see it's usefulness.  Those who do not
have may not be able to see the obvious and believe those who have, to be
not.

Uncompetitive I also say, uncompetitive.

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:00:48 +1000, m_l_g3 <m_l_g3@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What's more strange, it looks like he replied to a message that I did
> not post: mispressed a key and JavaScript reloaded the page. So if
> it's a robot, it is probably a Google's one.
>
> CuppoJava:
>> Is this a real person? It reads like the output of one of those
>> nonsense story generators. =)

Ohh, from the name, I thought it might have been a Nint DS owner that has
ported Forth.

forth in forth
I came across this in the archives: >The widely shared belief (among both Forthies >and outsiders) that every "real" Forth programmer hacks together >his own compiler/interpreter/programming environment also makes >the Forth community look frivolous or at best naive. Most people >who program for a living know that there are more useful ways to >spend their time than building their own programming environment -- >the key to productivity is leveraging off other peoples' work. HERESY in the Forth community! Imagine... NOT coming up with your own CASE statement or local variable implemetation? Use OTHER PEOPLES TOOLS? Yuccch! One thing you can count on in the Forth community... try to establish a standard ANYTHING, and all that will happen is others will come up with their own implementation, defeating the purpose of standardization. Why is this? I mean, I'm usually quite happy to program in other languages without building my own interpreter or compiler. For instance with Ruby, the only time I even considered it's implementation was when I was learning how it's class structure was organised, and that was only because some of my references talked about the internals. Now with Forth, it seems like every step along the way makes me think about writing my own implementation! A couple of months back I designed (in outline) a prototype based OOPS for forth, and before I could finish it I was planning how to write a ...

applications in forth or forth libraries
is there a archive of applications built in forth? something like cpan for perl? etc.? On Dec 2, 3:46=A0pm, gavino <gavcom...@gmail.com> wrote: > is there a archive of applications built in forth? > > something like cpan for perl? etc.? Well, you'll find some things. Take a look at forthfreak.net to get the pointers. The main problem is that even "ANS compatible" Forths are not compatible at all if you add the mindset of the programmer to the standard. There are some classes of problems that are better solved by non-ANS extensions than with ANS. And almost every problem of some complexity involves such problems. So programmers that are used to one specific Forth system learn a domain specific way how to deal with such problems and sometimes they are (me too, indeed) surprised that a specific feature "is not ANS"... Perl has not that problem. You've one dominating implementation. Regards, -Helmar gavino wrote: > is there a archive of applications built in forth? > > something like cpan for perl? etc.? I think the vast majority of them are proprietary in nature, and hence not published. Cheers, Elizabeth -- ================================================== Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784 5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90045 http://www.forth.com "Forth-based products and Services for real-time applications since 1973.&...

no forth pc? no forth replacement for mysqL? a la www.prevayler.org? no forth appserver?
how about a forth clone of iceWM in 1% the code? On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:36:49 PM UTC-6, the_gavino_himself wrote: > how about a forth clone of iceWM in 1% the code? Right now, what I'm interested in is niche RPGMaker-type games on Android. I've done some of this work already in Java, including creating a map editor (on Android) and a playable demo, using First Seed Material (http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/index.php) assets I gave up on my last alternatives to Java when I found Terminal IDE, which allowed me to move code all the way from Java source to installable .apks on the device itself. But now there is a Forth system on Android! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gnu.gforth&hl=en I don't know if it'll have on-device turnkey facilities soon or ever, or how deployment will otherwise work. I've some familiarity with Java API, the Android way of XML-specified interfaces and the like (fortunately, games mostly ignore that part of Android), but JNI and friends is still a mystery to me. But you can get the satisfaction of being able to touch an icon and have your Forth app start up.... by the roundabout method of having an auxiliary app that 1) slides Forth source into starta.fs on the SD card and then 2) launches gforth. It's satisfying anyway. So in the manner of someone laying down track with the expectation that there will be a tunnel through the mountain by the time the mountain is reache...

FORTH
Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? Ian implementation of what On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:44:49 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Jones" <bellevueparkw@btinternet.com> wrote: |Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? | |Ian | Alien at Large wrote: > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:44:49 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Jones" > <bellevueparkw@btinternet.com> wrote: > > |Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? > | > |Ian > > implementation of what What he said in the subject line. (Hint: it&#...

Forth
Anyone know of a version of Forth for RISC OS? I used to use Forthmacs by Hanno Schwalm a few years ago, but I've been out of the Acorn scene since 2000, recently returned with an Iyonix. Hanno's site seems to be down and no reply from his old e-mail address. Anton -- Hi, By the process of poking various fingers onto keys Anton generated this: > Anyone know of a version of Forth for RISC OS? > > I used to use Forthmacs by Hanno Schwalm a few years ago, but I've been out > of the Acorn scene since 2000, recently returned with an Iyonix. Hanno's > site see...

Id love to surf web with 4megs ram forth pc using forth and forth chips
when will this happen? cant wait!! On 9/27/2013 11:52 AM, the_gavino_himself wrote: > when will this happen? > > cant wait!! > I'll happen when someone comes up with several $M in funding. Cheers, Elizabeth -- ================================================== Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784 5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90045 http://www.forth.com "Forth-based products and Services for real-time applications since 1973." ================================================== Elizabeth D Rather wrote: > On 9/27/2013 11:52 AM, the_gavino_himself wrote: >> when will this happen? >> >> cant wait!! >> > > I'll happen when someone comes up with several $M in funding. With 4 megs of RAM? I wouldn't do that even if I had large funding. This is not enough memory to display a single cat image, so it's not worth considering. -- Bernd Paysan "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself" http://bernd-paysan.de/ On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:01:15 PM UTC+1, Bernd Paysan wrote: > With 4 megs of RAM? I wouldn't do that even if I had large funding. Thi= s=20 > is not enough memory to display a single cat image, so it's not worth=20 > considering. This is true. Cat images are big. Especially images of lions - because they= ar...

3 books on eBay: Starting FORTH; Thinking FORTH; FORTH Programmer's Handbook
Forth Programmer's Handbook by Conklin and Rather Search for eBay Item # 4129534182 Excellent (like new) condition, second EDITION (August 1998), sixth PRINTING (August 2000). Thinking Forth by Leo Brodie (1984) Search for eBay Item # 4129545378 Excellent (like new) condition, this is the 1994 reprint from Fig Leaf Press (Forth Interest Group, Inc). Starting Forth by Leo Brodie (1987) Search for eBay Item # 4129553634 Second edition, in very good condition. Shows slight wear, but very clean. The softcover binding is in excellent shape. ...

3 books on eBay: Starting FORTH; Thinking FORTH; FORTH Programmer's Handbook #2
Forth Programmer's Handbook by Conklin and Rather Search for eBay Item # 4129534182 Excellent (like new) condition, second EDITION (August 1998), sixth PRINTING (August 2000). Thinking Forth by Leo Brodie (1984) Search for eBay Item # 4129545378 Excellent (like new) condition, this is the 1994 reprint from Fig Leaf Press (Forth Interest Group, Inc). Starting Forth by Leo Brodie (1987) Search for eBay Item # 4129553634 Second edition, in very good condition. Shows slight wear, but very clean. The softcover binding is in excellent shape. ...

Forth Application and Technique OR Forth Handbook
hello I buy 1 week ago on amazon U.S. "Forth applications and technical" I would like to know if this book is worth knowing - I do not familiarized with programming language ? and if it is sufficient to have familiarized high in this language ? is that the book "Forth programming" handbook is necessary ? i have not a good level of english and i use a translator thanks On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:37:15 AM UTC-7, michael wrote: > hello > > > > I buy 1 week ago on amazon U.S. "Forth applications and technical" > > > > I would like to know if this book is worth knowing > > > > - I do not familiarized with programming language ? > > > > and if it is sufficient to have familiarized high in this language ? > > > > is that the book "Forth programming" handbook is necessary ? > > > > i have not a good level of english and i use a translator > > > > thanks Best book to learn from beginner. Starting Forth Free Online Version http://www.forth.com/starting-forth/ Also get an old paper book copy Jason In comp.lang.forth, michael wrote: > i have not a good level of english and i use a translator If you need some French materials - maybe try Turboforth for DOS? http://forth.free.fr/apprentissage/turbo-forth/page00.htm -- The consensus was, as usual in this co...

Writing ANS Forth in ANS Forth
Hi I'm currently attempting to write an ANS-compliant ITC Forth system for the ARM as a personal learning project. I've implemented my system primitives as code words and am now starting to look at the implementation of the high-level words. I've noticed that a number of systems use non-ANS definitions or user variables such as LATEST in their implementation of high-level words. I'm currently trying to decide how this fits in with a strictly ANS-compliant system. Here are my thoughts so far regarding two possible approaches... 1) Implement non-ANS words and use them in high-level ANS word definitions. Pros - Makes implementation of some words easier(?). Cons - Non-ANS words visible to the user. System always has bespoke extensions whether you want it to or not. High-level definitions not portable. 2) Only implement high-level ANS words in terms of other ANS words. Pros - 'Cleaner' implementation(?). System has no bespoke extensions. Using SEE on high-level words only shows ANS source, so the user only sees standard documented words. Cons - Some words that would have previously been high-level would have to be implemented as code words where no suitable ANS primitives exist. So, should a strictly ANS-compliant Forth only ever be implemented in ANS Forth? (and is that even possible/practical?) I guess that without the visibility provided by WORDS and SEE this really becomes a non-issue with the user being unaware that there are a number of und...

JavaScript to Forth translator (shift-forth)
Hi All, I am working on experimental tool to translate JavaScript (subset) into Forth. https://github.com/drom/shift-forth It takes JavaScript program in Single Static Assignment (SSA) form, implements very simple stack scheduling algorithm, using PICK for deep stack access. And runs peephole optimizer on top. I am working to add basic control structures to to it: Call, if, while Any suggestions are welcome. --Alexey ...

With Forth
With Forth I can pretend that I am sometimes connected to reality while attempting to write a computer program. Jason ...

how to program in Forth?
I'm learning Forth for writing programs for my CPU: http://www.frank-buss.de/vhdl/forth-cpu.html I've already written an assembler and a simulator of the CPU in Lisp: http://www.frank-buss.de/tmp/forth-cpu.lisp.txt but I think it is a good idea to write it in Forth, for learning the language. Some questions: - is there any Forth standard or a Forth language variation which is most used or which you can recommend? - which implementation should I use for Windows? - how do I manage not to confuse which and how many items are on the stack at a given line of code? - is it difficult ...

Forth as Assembly Language (Was Re: FORTH levels)
Guy Macon wrote: > > John Doty wrote: > > >It's pretty clear from the contents of the development kits > >that the dominant language for small widgets must be C. > > Your viewpoint is skewed. Those development kits are for > *medium*- sized low volume widgets. When the quantities > become high (some of my designs have reached quantities of > 100,000 per hour) the usual choices (PIC, 8051, ARM...) cost > too much. At those volumes you are more likely to see > microcontrollers made by by GeneralPlus/SunPlus, Elan/EMC, > WinBond, Sonix, etc, and nearly 100% of the software is > written in highly optimized assembly language with > Forth making some inroads. This is an entire world that is > invisible to you unless you are a designer of talking barbie > dolls, computer mice, or musical greeting cards. > > References: > http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20010221S0034 > http://www.aes.org/sections/la/archive/2000/2000_docs/soundfortoys200004.doc > > -- > misc.business.product-dev: a Usenet newsgroup > about the Business of Product Development. > -- Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/> > Forth can be used as an assembler. What is keeping Forth from replacing a conventional assembler? Can't a Forth development system do whatever optimization is needed for machine code faster and better than ancient assembly language? By the way John Doty is involved in the des...

Tethered Forths (was: The meaning of xt in Forth-94)
On 7/2/2015 3:10 AM, Raimond Dragomir wrote: >> BTW, I would love to see a forth system targeted to ARM chips >> (and/or the MSP430) that keeps the dictionary on the host other >> than the executable portions. But maybe this is not really >> important. Mecrisp seems to support reasonably small targets, just >> not the really small ones. -- >> >> Rick > > This is my plan. I have the 'host' part quite ready now. The only > 'application' that I'm interested in writing with it is > cross-compilers. (although host' can be some bigger embedded systems > like BBB or rPi). > > My dictionary space is separated completely because I want it to be > stored anywhere (internal flash, external spi flash, sd card, or even > serial link (another machine - typically 'host')). The code is > tokenized and it's really compact. It seems that the dictionary is > 2.5 times bigger than the real code! > > My intended target architectures will be: > > - very small: targets with no REPL. No need of dictionary at all What is REPL? > - small: dictionary over the serial link. REPL needs some host > special console or terminal program of course. > > - medium: dictionary on target, target has REPL but only the > interpreter (no compiler). Here there are two cases: - dictionary > merged with code - in interna...

Which FORTH?
I haven't used FORTH on an embedded project since circa 1985. I'm wondering if FORTH, Inc.'s SwiftForth is the current BMW/Mercedes of FORTH development environments for embedded apps? As a matter of fact, FORTH, Inc. appears to be the only FORTH dev env provider that's financially viable??? ---John On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:03:58 -0700 (PDT), jski <john.chludzinski@gmail.com> wrote: >I haven't used FORTH on an embedded project since circa 1985. > >I'm wondering if FORTH, Inc.'s SwiftForth is the current BMW/Mercedes >of FORTH development environments for embedded apps? As a matter of >fact, FORTH, Inc. appears to be the only FORTH dev env provider that's >financially viable??? In terms of target performance performance and features, the top of the range comes from MPE. http://www.mpeforth.com/xc7.htm But then, we supply Forth systems. Stephen -- Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 web: http://www.mpeforth.com - free VFX Forth downloads On 9/15/11 12:03 PM, jski wrote: > I haven't used FORTH on an embedded project since circa 1985. > > I'm wondering if FORTH, Inc.'s SwiftForth is the current BMW/Mercedes > of FORTH development environments for embedded apps? As a matter of > fact, FORTH, Inc. appears to be the only FORTH dev env pro...

About FORTH
Bonjour � tous. Je recherche les sources d'un forth pour ORIC. Existe-t-il un metacompilateur pour ORIC ? Merci d'avance. Seilebost. PS : Je recommence � tester l'ULA en vhdl. In article <ad4152cf.0306280212.fae8ce@posting.google.com>, olivier JEAN wrote: > Je recherche les sources d'un forth pour ORIC. > Existe-t-il un metacompilateur pour ORIC ? What's a "metacompiler" ? -- Andr� Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/> No actual neurons were harmed in the making of this Usenet post. Andre Majorel &...

How would you do this in Forth?
Hi all, I'm wondering how you guys would solve the following problem in Forth. You're given a string (just a count and chars in memory, or a pointer to chars plus a count, or a null-terminated string, doesn't matter) and you wish to tokenize it in much the same way that /bin/sh does, splitting it on whitespace boundaries but respecting escaping and quoting. As output, you want to produce a list of strings (again, represented in any way which is most convenient.) It should support the following: - Simple whitespace-separated tokens, with varying amounts of whitespace: foo bar foo bar - Escaping the space to form one token, eg the following parses as two tokens not three: foo\ bar baz - Quoting text to form tokens: "hello world" "how are you" 'hello world' 'how are you' - Escaping the quotes inside a quoted token: "hello\"world" Slava On Nov 24, 3:43 pm, Slava Pestov <sl...@jedit.org> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm wondering how you guys would solve the following problem in Forth. > You're given a string (just a count and chars in memory, or a pointer > to chars plus a count, or a null-terminated string, doesn't matter) > and you wish to tokenize it in much the same way that /bin/sh does, > splitting it on whitespace boundaries but respecting escaping and > quoting. As output, you want to produce a list of strings (again, > represented in any way which is mo...

Is Forth up to it?
Might be of interest to Forthers with a vision / mission: http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/08/11/1242217 -- duke On Aug 11, 6:26=A0am, Duke Normandin <dukeofp...@ml1.net> wrote: > Might be of interest to Forthers with a vision / mission: > > http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=3D09/08/11/1242217 > -- > duke I'm sure somebody will argue that it needs a full-blown OS with swap- space :-) -Mux Mux schrieb: > On Aug 11, 6:26 am, Duke Normandin <dukeofp...@ml1.net> wrote: >> Might be of interest to Forthers with a vision / mission: >> >> http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/08/11/1242217 >> -- >> duke > > I'm sure somebody will argue that it needs a full-blown OS with swap- > space :-) > > -Mux I argue that it needs a full-blown OS with swap-space. On Aug 12, 9:44 am, Mux <Yvo.Z...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Aug 11, 6:26 am, Duke Normandin <dukeofp...@ml1.net> wrote: > > > Might be of interest to Forthers with a vision / mission: > > >http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/08/11/1242217 > > -- > > duke > > I'm sure somebody will argue that it needs a full-blown OS with swap- > space :-) > > -Mux so a forther would say full blown os is overkill, that forth can solve the problem directly, without all the crust.... awesome! forth I see has its own multitasking abilities....gosh forth seems pow...

programming with forth
Hello, I'm a beginner in programming including Forth langage. I have an algorithm = of full-search block-matching (for motion estimation in video compression) = and i have to write it in Forth , this is an idea about this algorithm : for L=3D 0 =C3=A0 L/N do for H =3D 0 =C3=A0 H/N do MV(L,H) =3D (0,0) SAD(L,H) =3D =E2=88=9E for i=3D -p...p do for j =3D -p...p do for x =3D 1 =C3=A0 N do for y =3D1 =C3=A0 N do SAD(i,j) =3D =E2=94=82MBcur(x,y) - MBref(i+h,j+y)=E2=94=82 endfor endfor if SAD(i,j) < SAD (L,H) then MV(L,H)=3D(i,j) SAD(L,H)=3D SAD (i,j) endif=20 .. .. .. ( L,H : width and height of an image// SAD : som of absolute difference// M= B : Macroblock (A macroblock is a portion of image that consists of NxN pic= ture elements) ) // N=C3=97N :size of MB// +/- p : displacement in the refe= rence image My question is : shall i define L,H, N as a variable? how to define a MB := as an array ( by using cells allot ) or any other proposition? what 's the= best : to use DO ..loop or WHILE ..REPEAT ?? I need your advices in order = to make this loop properly Thank you in advance On 4/30/13 10:00 AM, elyssa1717@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > I'm a beginner in programming including Forth langage. I have an algorithm of full-search block-matching (for motion estimation in video compression) and i have to write it in Forth , this is an idea about this algorithm : > for L= 0 à L/N do > for H = 0 à H/N do > MV(...

Forth is written in Forth and it boots ur PC
Forth is written in Forth Forth must boot Forth ... My stuff is called ForthRite , if no U.C. i'll have to read it as forthrite , certainly a new English verb meaning proper and unarguebale .... !! Same thing , my stuff is proper and unargueable .... Forthrite shell is the first 400 bytes in an ARM 128KB NOR-Flash boot ROM . It I/O's to RS232c serial port , but also on same wires is a 4 by 4 keypad to send breaks to RS232c .. It can create permanent code in its tiny dictionary located in SRAM . If the normal boot process is successful , there s no ...

Re: Differences between ANS Forth and Forth-79
-------------------------------1162045838 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 10/26/2006 5:50:22 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, eratherXXX@forth.com writes: The biggest problem you'll encounter is that the difference between Forth as described in either edition of Starting Forth and any contemporary Forth you might want to use is vast. For example, SF assumes that your program source is in 1024-byte "blocks" that must be edited with a special Forth editor. There may be a few systems that st...

Any Forths out there...
Are there any Forths in the wild that support use of >R and R> with interspersed locals? For instance (pointless example, I know); : x { a b } a >r b r> ; From what I get from the standard, this isn't allowed (although I find the reference to "Immediate words" mystifying); 13.3.3.2 Syntax restrictions Immediate words in a program may use (LOCAL) to implement syntaxes for local declarations with the following restrictions: .... d) After a definition=92s locals have been declared, a program may place data on the return stack. However, if this is done, locals shall not be accessed until those values have been removed from the return stack; Plus, e, g and h seem to explicitly forbid certain actions; e) Words that return execution tokens, such as =92 (tick), [=92], or FIND, shall not be used with local names; g) Locals may be accessed or updated within control structures, including do-loops; h) Local names shall not be referenced by POSTPONE and [COMPILE]. Why are these not "an environmental dependency"? On Sep 6, 7:38=A0am, Alex McDonald <b...@rivadpm.com> wrote: > d) After a definition=92s locals have been declared, a program may place > data on the return stack. However, > if this is done, locals shall not be accessed until those values have > been removed from the return > stack; > g) Locals may be accessed or updated within control structures, > including do-loops; It seems to me if you're going to m...

ITS NOT FORTH
What i read here has nothing to with Forth . Forth is to nix the overhead and noise and simplify . If your SW compiles , it cant be Forth . Forth is imediate programming at any level , without reading manuals . It is intuitive . You dont have to figure the Kernel , while programming . Tomas Scott Guadalajara MX Cell 33 1449 2609 ( Call for routes in GDL ) KC7CC Ham Radio The new PC is Nientendo DS Lite . It will destroy existing WEB , cell phones providers I offer free programming advice and help on DS Lite BIOS . ...

Web resources about - Forth is to program , Forth is NOT to study .. - comp.lang.forth

Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Safe Schools: Parents call for program to be compulsory at primary level
PARENTS of transgender children are calling for the divisive Safe Schools program to be compulsory for primary-age kids.

AM Full Program - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
On Thursday's program, Opposition Leader Bill Shorten says the Liberal Party has not made a case for the resurrection of the ABCC, since it was ...

Facebook Audience Network Launches Native Partner Program
Facebook Thursday announced the launch of the Facebook Audience Network Native Partner Program, aimed at third-party mediation platforms. Facebook ...

Uber announces bug bounty program
... flaws are the most likely to be found. While bug bounty is not a new idea, companies rarely divulge information about their proprietary programming, ...

Is Apple’s reluctance to implement a bug bounty program a security risk?
While many Silicon Valley tech companies famously employ 'bug bounty' programs whereby individuals or third-party groups can receive substantial ...

Moogfest announces 2016 daytime program lineup
In addition to concerts, the 2016 Moogfest features talks, master classes, film screenings, workshops and more.