Is this workable? .warning .error

OK, so the setting is boostrapping a system that will eventually be
able to read from a configuration file or engage in a dialog to
determine what Forth implementation (or model) it is loading under,
and will know where to go to get implementation-specific code to
implement the user's preferences.

That will include whether or not error trapping works by ``ABORT'',
``THROW'', or some other mechanism ... and, indeed, if more than one
are available, which one the user wants to use.

However, there is a buffer overflow possibility at a low level early
on, long before that is in place. So, how to get the primitive error
handling in place that can be used in both simple and complex systems.

The current approach is the following, and the question is whether
this is workable or whether there is a hidden pitfall that I don't
see.

I am using CORE EXT words if the situation arises, and I'll sort out
which are going to be dependencies and which will have optional back-
up definitions later.

[DEFINED] and [UNDEFINED] are defined ... well, very first thing if
they are not available from the outset. That's a bootstrap I worked
out a long while back.

\ .warning prints a cautionary warning ... you will want to use
something
\ more elaborate than TYPE for full screen applications
[UNDEFINED] .warning [IF]
    ' TYPE VALUE {.warning}
    : .warning ( ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE
[THEN]

\ .error prints a cautionary warning, then returns as an exception
\ If you use CATCH/THROW, you will wish to use THROW for {error}
[UNDEFINED] .error [IF]
    ' ABORT VALUE {error}
    : .error ( throw# ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE {error} EXECUTE
[THEN]

For a long while, I was hung up on the fact that THROW required the
throw code and ABORT did not, until it occurred to me that ... yeah,
obviously, but then I never said programming was my field ... what
harm is an extra parameter on the stack if you are calling ABORT?

"At worst" ABORT will be throwing away the throw code, and at best the
stack state will be displayed or available on ABORT, so that the throw
code gives useful information in any event.
0
agila61 (3956)
3/10/2008 11:25:51 PM
comp.lang.forth 7148 articles. 0 followers. markrobertwills (871) is leader. Post Follow

On Mar 11, 2:25 am, Bruce McFarling <agil...@netscape.net> wrote:
[...]
> \ .warning prints a cautionary warning ... you will want to use
> something
> \ more elaborate than TYPE for full screen applications
> [UNDEFINED] .warning [IF]
>     ' TYPE VALUE {.warning}
>     : .warning ( ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE
> [THEN]
>
> \ .error prints a cautionary warning, then returns as an exception
> \ If you use CATCH/THROW, you will wish to use THROW for {error}
> [UNDEFINED] .error [IF]
>     ' ABORT VALUE {error}
>     : .error ( throw# ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE {error} EXECUTE
> [THEN]
>
> For a long while, I was hung up on the fact that THROW required the
> throw code and ABORT did not, until it occurred to me that ... yeah,
> obviously, but then I never said programming was my field ... what
> harm is an extra parameter on the stack if you are calling ABORT?
>
> "At worst" ABORT will be throwing away the throw code, and at best the
> stack state will be displayed or available on ABORT, so that the throw
> code gives useful information in any event.

0 THROW is equivalent to 0 DROP
while 0 ABORT is equivalent to ABORT

Maybe, something like
: myerror ?DUP IF . ABORT THEN ;
?

By the way, ABORT" xyz" ( x -- ) checks for x being 0.

0
m_l_g3 (591)
3/12/2008 4:40:57 PM
On Mar 12, 12:40 pm, m_l...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2:25 am, Bruce McFarling <agil...@netscape.net> wrote:
> [...]
>

> > \ .warning prints a cautionary warning ... you will want to use
> > something
> > \ more elaborate than TYPE for full screen applications
> > [UNDEFINED] .warning [IF]
> >     ' TYPE VALUE {.warning}
> >     : .warning ( ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE
> > [THEN]
>
> > \ .error prints a cautionary warning, then returns as an exception
> > \ If you use CATCH/THROW, you will wish to use THROW for {error}
> > [UNDEFINED] .error [IF]
> >     ' ABORT VALUE {error}
> >     : .error ( throw# ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE {error} EXECUTE
> > [THEN]
>
> > For a long while, I was hung up on the fact that THROW required the
> > throw code and ABORT did not, until it occurred to me that ... yeah,
> > obviously, but then I never said programming was my field ... what
> > harm is an extra parameter on the stack if you are calling ABORT?
>
> > "At worst" ABORT will be throwing away the throw code, and at best the
> > stack state will be displayed or available on ABORT, so that the throw
> > code gives useful information in any event.
>
> 0 THROW is equivalent to 0 DROP
> while 0 ABORT is equivalent to ABORT

Thanks, that's an example of why use a resettable wrapper word Nicl
defines.

OK, I'll change it to:

VARIABLE Nicl-errorcode

: Nicl-err ( throw# ca u -- )
    {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE DUP Nicl-errcode ! ?DUP IF
        {Nicl-err} EXECUTE
    THEN
;

> Maybe, something like
> : myerror ?DUP IF . ABORT THEN ;
> ?
>
> By the way, ABORT" xyz" ( x -- ) checks for x being 0.

I know ... but I want it to be non-parsing, and I don't want to need
THROW" lying around.
0
agila61 (3956)
3/12/2008 5:22:02 PM
On Mar 12, 8:22 pm, Bruce McFarling <agil...@netscape.net> wrote:
> On Mar 12, 12:40 pm, m_l...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> VARIABLE Nicl-errorcode
>
> : Nicl-err ( throw# ca u -- )
>     {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE DUP Nicl-errcode ! ?DUP IF
>         {Nicl-err} EXECUTE
>     THEN
> ;

0 S" abc" Nicl-err

would clear Nicl-errorcode. If it's built into the system, I do not
know if one will be able to examine Nicl-errorcode before it's
cleared. (OTOH, it may be no problem in your design, I do not know.)
0
m_l_g3 (591)
3/12/2008 5:52:47 PM
In article <630a34e5-a2f5-436c-8ac1-f755e0b5fb53@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
 <m_l_g3@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Mar 11, 2:25 am, Bruce McFarling <agil...@netscape.net> wrote:
>[...]
>> \ .warning prints a cautionary warning ... you will want to use
>> something
>> \ more elaborate than TYPE for full screen applications
>> [UNDEFINED] .warning [IF]
>>     ' TYPE VALUE {.warning}
>>     : .warning ( ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE
>> [THEN]
>>
>> \ .error prints a cautionary warning, then returns as an exception
>> \ If you use CATCH/THROW, you will wish to use THROW for {error}
>> [UNDEFINED] .error [IF]
>>     ' ABORT VALUE {error}
>>     : .error ( throw# ca u -- ) {.warning} EXECUTE {error} EXECUTE
>> [THEN]
>>
>> For a long while, I was hung up on the fact that THROW required the
>> throw code and ABORT did not, until it occurred to me that ... yeah,
>> obviously, but then I never said programming was my field ... what
>> harm is an extra parameter on the stack if you are calling ABORT?
>>
>> "At worst" ABORT will be throwing away the throw code, and at best the
>> stack state will be displayed or available on ABORT, so that the throw
>> code gives useful information in any event.
>
>0 THROW is equivalent to 0 DROP
>while 0 ABORT is equivalent to ABORT
>
>Maybe, something like
>: myerror ?DUP IF . ABORT THEN ;
>?

: ?ERROR SWAP IF  ( optionally store information) THROW ELSE DROP THEN ;

>By the way, ABORT" xyz" ( x -- ) checks for x being 0.

Groetjes Albert

albert37 (3001)
3/12/2008 10:43:07 PM
On Mar 12, 6:43 pm, Albert van der Horst <alb...@spenarnc.xs4all.nl>
wrote:
>  <m_l...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Maybe, something like
> >: myerror ?DUP IF . ABORT THEN ;
> >?

> : ?ERROR SWAP IF  ( optionally store information) THROW ELSE DROP THEN ;

(1) Obviously this is after the warning string has been show ... there
is nothing to swap.

(2) Not requiring THROW to be present but able to using THROW if it is
available and the configuration file asks for it, is the primary
design objective.

If THROW was assumed to always be present and always be desired, .Nicl-
err would be:

: .Nicl-err ( throw# ca u ) {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE THROW ;
0
agila61 (3956)
3/12/2008 11:45:27 PM
On Mar 12, 1:52 pm, m_l...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Mar 12, 8:22 pm, Bruce McFarling <agil...@netscape.net> wrote:
> > On Mar 12, 12:40 pm, m_l...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > VARIABLE Nicl-errorcode

> > : Nicl-err ( throw# ca u -- )
> >     {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE DUP Nicl-errcode ! ?DUP IF
> >         {Nicl-err} EXECUTE
> >     THEN
> > ;

> 0 S" abc" Nicl-err

> would clear Nicl-errorcode. If it's built into the system, I do not
> know if one will be able to examine Nicl-errorcode before it's
> cleared. (OTOH, it may be no problem in your design, I do not know.)

Yes, it could.

(1) It starts with

' ABORT VALUE {Nicl-err}

In that case ... if the interpretors working after you abort, you can
check the error code.

(2) It commonly will be upgraded to THROW

' THROW TO {Nicl-err}

.... in which case the Nicl-err seems to be redundant but harmless.

(3) Someone other than me ever uses the library oversight system
(probably a retro computer hobbyist) and decides to do "something
else".

.... in which case its on their head.

Actually, now that you raise the point, I'm inclined to overwrite the
err-code more often ... in .Nicl-err to write the err-code before the
call to the {.Nicl-warn} xt, and in .Nicl-warn to write 0 into the err-
code ... to let someone catch and correct problems silently if they
are willing to put in place a {.Nicl-warn} that checks the .Nicl-err
value to silence (or perhaps redirect to a log) a message for a
problem that they are handling.
0
agila61 (3956)
3/13/2008 2:34:48 AM
In article <3a3113f4-8db9-451e-9809-768277b15ebc@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
Bruce McFarling  <agila61@netscape.net> wrote:
>On Mar 12, 6:43 pm, Albert van der Horst <alb...@spenarnc.xs4all.nl>
>wrote:
>>  <m_l...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >Maybe, something like
>> >: myerror ?DUP IF . ABORT THEN ;
>> >?
>
>> : ?ERROR SWAP IF  ( optionally store information) THROW ELSE DROP THEN ;
>
>(1) Obviously this is after the warning string has been show ... there
>is nothing to swap.

I see, I overlooked the .
So it should have been
: ?ERROR ?DUP IF ( store information) THROW THEN ;

The idea is that information is not shown at this point yet.
The error can still be caught and cause no output. If the exception
leads to a message to the end user the information stored can be put
to good use.
That is the difference with a throw.

For example you could have an exception "root of negative number"
that sometimes is caught and causes an application to switch
to using complex numbers.  This is not for the square root itself
to decide, nor do you want spurious messages.

>(2) Not requiring THROW to be present but able to using THROW if it is
>available and the configuration file asks for it, is the primary
>design objective.

>If THROW was assumed to always be present and always be desired, .Nicl-
>err would be:
>
>: .Nicl-err ( throw# ca u ) {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE THROW ;

Phrased otherwise :
if {.Nicl-warn} at this point unconditionally and direct outputs
information, one of the advantages of THROW would be lost.

The alternative is not hard. It could store a string somewhere.
Then a f.p. application is started with an overall catch.
At that point the exception is confirmed as a problem and the
string printed.

Note that one string buffer is sufficient.
(Flash! I've got to improve ABORT" in this way.)

Groetjes Albert

albert37 (3001)
3/13/2008 10:30:31 AM
On Mar 13, 6:30 am, Albert van der Horst <alb...@spenarnc.xs4all.nl>
wrote:
> >: .Nicl-err ( throw# ca u ) {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE THROW ;

> Phrased otherwise :
> if {.Nicl-warn} at this point unconditionally and direct outputs
> information, one of the advantages of THROW would be lost.

Thanks.

The same person or script who knows that {Nicl-error} exists and sets
it to THROW or some wrapper around THROW also knows that (.Nicl-warn}
exists and can set it appropriately to the use.

The general bias is to expect more of the more capable implementations
than of the less capable implementations, so if there is to be any
creation of a buffer and copying of strings into the buffer, its going
to be in the word that has been vectored in that adds the THROW, not
into the base definition.

Fortunately, the semantics to line up .Nicl-error most directly as a
non-parsing version of ABORT" means that {.Nicl-warn} can detect
whether its been called to throw or to warn, when .Nicl-error contains
a THROW.

Omitting the conditional compilation wrappers:

VARIABLE Nicl-error#
' TYPE VALUE {.Nicl-warn}
: .Nicl-warn ( ca u -- ) Nicl-error# OFF {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE ;

' ABORT VALUE {Nicl-error}
: .Nicl-error ( throw# ca u -- )
    ROT ?DUP IF
        >>R Nicl-error ! {.Nicl-warn} EXECUTE {.Nicl-error} EXECUTE
    ELSE 2DROP
    THEN
;

\ ******** UNTESTED ************
\ ... something like???
: Nicl-error" ( throw# "...message" -- )
    [CHAR] " PARSE SLITERAL .Nicl-error ;

0
agila61 (3956)

commenting errors flagged as warnings instead of errors
I'm using Visual C++ on Windows Vista. Being "only human", I sometimes use ***************************************/ to underline a section of code instead of the correct /************************************/ I'm surprised by the fact that my mistake generates a warning rather than an error. How does the compiler understand *************************/ ? Thanks On Apr 8, 10:26=A0pm, Comp1...@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > I'm using Visual C++ on Windows Vista. > Being "only human", I sometimes use > ***************************************/ =A0 to ...

error and warning
Are warnings equally dangerous like errors ???? What is the difference between errors and warnings ?? asit wrote: > Are warnings equally dangerous like errors ???? Sometimes yes, sometimes even more dangerrous, sometimes less. Make sure you understand what the warning tries to tell you > What is the difference between errors and warnings ?? Usualla errors prevent the compiler to finish it's work, while with warning that (usually) doesn't happen Bye, Jojo In article <0f43d8bb-f186-4857-9fb3-32bcbe309bbc@f10g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, asit <lipun4u@gmail.com>...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

warnings as errors?
Is there a way to tell Ruby to treat warnings as errors? When writing my tutorial, I wanted a way to programmatically detect if a function was generating warnings, so I could show that warning on screen. Now I'm in another situation, using drb, where I can't see the warnings. (And I think they are causing these "broken pipe" errors I am getting, but even if they aren't...) I could handle all of these problems if I could tell Ruby to treat warnings as errors. Is there any way to do this? Thanks, Chris ...

no error, no warning
Is will warning or error must be in this code? In my system no error. <?php class Insurance { function clsName() { echo get_class($this); } } Insurance::clsName(); ?> Andrew G. Koptyaev wrote: > Is will warning or error must be in this code? In my system no error. > > <?php > class Insurance > { > function clsName() > { > echo get_class($this); > } > } > Insurance::clsName(); > ?> > > > You need to instantiate an object of your class. $obj_Foo = new Insurance; $obj_Foo->clsName(); You might be trying to run before you can walk. Andrew G. Koptyaev escribi�: > Is will warning or error must be in this code? In my system no error. Enable full error reporting. Find your php.ini file and edit these directives: error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT display_errors = On Then you'll see that your code raises a notice. > <?php > class Insurance > { > function clsName() > { > echo get_class($this); > } > } > Insurance::clsName(); > ?> -- -- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain -- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com -- Mi web de humor al ba�o Mar�a: http://www.demogracia.com -- ...

WARNING or ERROR
Hi friends, I often use dataset options like KEEP, DROP, RENAME and WHERE. Sometimes I make a mistake and specify a non-existent variable. Sometimes I get a warning, sometimes I get an error: WARNING: The variable _Rater_ in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced. ERROR: The variable _Rater_ in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced. The warnings occur with the dataset options in the DATA statement. The errors occur with the dataset options in the SET statement. Non-existent variables in the MODIFY statement yields a warning, while they yield an error in MERGE and UPDATE statements. However the error with the RENAME option is quite different already, so the above error text does never apply to the RENAME option! Furthermore specifying non-existent variable name in a WHERE clause yields an error, both in the DATA and the SET (and comparable) statements. I do not understand why the warnings are warnings and from the viewpoint of consistency between DATA and other statements I would logically expect all of them to be errors too. * TEST PROGRAM ; DATA TestData; x = 1; RUN; DATA KeepData (KEEP=y); SET TestData; RUN; DATA DropData (DROP=y); SET TestData; RUN; DATA RenameData (RENAME=(y=z)); SET TestData; RUN; DATA KeepData; SET TestData (KEEP=z); RUN; DATA KeepData; MODIFY KeepData (KEEP=z); RUN; DATA DropData; SET TestData (DROP=z); RUN; DATA DropData; MERGE TestData TestData (DROP=z); RUN; DATA RenameData; SET Te...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // error } Inside(final int y) { super(new Object() { int r = y; }); // correct } } } " Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without error and produces the correct code. In what sense is it an 'error'? It is not a compiler error, it is not a runtime error. To quote Douglas Adams "this must be some new meaning of the word 'error' with which I am unfamiliar". Any idea what's gone wrong? In article <gepkhr$rop$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Anon <blackhole@nowhere.com> wrote: > The Java language specification claims in: > 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations [<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.8. 7.1>] > Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without > error and ...

forth in forth
I came across this in the archives: >The widely shared belief (among both Forthies >and outsiders) that every "real" Forth programmer hacks together >his own compiler/interpreter/programming environment also makes >the Forth community look frivolous or at best naive. Most people >who program for a living know that there are more useful ways to >spend their time than building their own programming environment -- >the key to productivity is leveraging off other peoples' work. HERESY in the Forth community! Imagine... NOT coming up with your own CASE statement or local variable implemetation? Use OTHER PEOPLES TOOLS? Yuccch! One thing you can count on in the Forth community... try to establish a standard ANYTHING, and all that will happen is others will come up with their own implementation, defeating the purpose of standardization. Why is this? I mean, I'm usually quite happy to program in other languages without building my own interpreter or compiler. For instance with Ruby, the only time I even considered it's implementation was when I was learning how it's class structure was organised, and that was only because some of my references talked about the internals. Now with Forth, it seems like every step along the way makes me think about writing my own implementation! A couple of months back I designed (in outline) a prototype based OOPS for forth, and before I could finish it I was planning how to write a ...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

Warning: error writing VTOC Warning: no backup labels Write label failed
i canot format my new hard disk or use it. i found dublacate action like the following: root@dnuspc02 # format Searching for disks...done c8t60060E8004F3AD000000F3AD00001217d0: configured with capacity of 4.87GB c8t60060E8004F3AD000000F3AD00001218d0: configured with capacity of 4.87GB c8t60060E8004F3AD000000F3AD00001219d0: configured with capacity of 4.87GB c8t60060E8004F3AD000000F3AD00001413d0: configured with capacity of 4.87GB c8t60060E8004F3B6000000F3B600001217d0: configured with capacity of 4.87GB c8t60060E8004F3B6000000F3B600001218d0: configured with capacity of 4.87GB c8t60060E8004F3B6...

[compilation error] debugging this error message "Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to"
Hi,I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoneyin this manner:=== return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );===1) Both are in the same package, i.e. my.IMoney & my.Device2) When I compile them, javac complains with the error:Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,java.lang.String) return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() ) ^Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declaredmethod parameters. So that can't be the problem. What am I doingwrong ?Gavin On Mar 28, 3:25 pm, "Gavin" <gavin.emp...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi,G'day. Please note that starting a post'ssubject line with words in '['/']' will causethem to be hidden in the the GG groups list.I suggest not to do that, so everyone can seethe entire subject line.> I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoney> in this manner:...> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );...> Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,> java.lang.String)> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() )> ^>> Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declared> method parameters.Do they? Your code snippets do not supportthat, or more accurately, if we had an SSCCE*,we could confirm that for ourselves.>..So that can't be the problem. What am I doing> wrong ?...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

KAIO error or warning
IDS 11.5FC6 on RHEL 5.2. We're getting a warning, or maybe error, each time we start one of the many instances on this server. requested number of KAIO events (16384) exceeds limit (8448). using 8448. Although the "limit" number varies; sometimes as low as 128. Any ideas what this is or if it's a worry? IBM Service Request Number 81212 019 866 refers. thanks Neil, I would not worry too much but you should check the following two kerne= l parameters: "/proc/sys/fs/aio-max-nr" "/proc/sys/fs/aio-nr" Ids would like to use half of remaining system wide AIO requests... an= d not getting it Do you have other IDS instances running on the same machine or differen= t SW using also the AIO interface ? Kind regards Sandor -----------------------------------------------------------------------= -------------------------------------------------------------------- IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrung: Dirk Wittkopp Sitz der Gesellschaft: B=F6blingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stutt= gart, HRB 243294 = "Neil Truby" = <neil.truby@arden = ta.com> ...

help for an error warning
Hello, this is the first day I use mutt, and i find problems to store read messages in a mailbox...in fact, the program shows me this error warning: 'couldn' t lock /home/username/mbox?' (mbox is the file name of stored messages, right?)... Could you suggest anything, please? Thanks, ALberto Alberto Mazzocato wrote: > Hello, this is the first day I use mutt, and i find problems to store > read messages in a mailbox. In fact, the program shows me this error > warning: 'couldn' t lock /home/username/mbox?' (mbox is the file name > of stored messa...

What would be the right warning/error?
Consider this code static typedef struct { int boo; } FOO; This provokes with MSVC: ------------------------------ Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.762 for x64 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. tstruct.c tstruct.c(1) : error C2159: more than one storage class specified ------------------------------ With gcc we have: ---------------------------- root@ubuntu-vm:/tmp# gcc t.c t.c:1: error: multiple storage classes in declaration specifiers ---------------------------- With lcc-win I had Warning tstruct.c: 1 multiple types in a declaratio...

Turn off errors and warnings
Hi! Get some errors and warnings, how to turn them off? Not all warnings and errors....just some specific.. cheers take a look at example 5 at: <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/warning.html> Ola wrote: > > > Hi! > > Get some errors and warnings, how to turn them off? Not all > warnings > and errors....just some specific.. > > cheers ...

Warning: Storage error
type My_String (Length: Integer := 0) is record Str: String(1..Length); end record; warning: creation of "My_String" object may raise Storage_Error Why this warning? -- Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org Using n normally defined integer with the bounds set to - 2GB .. 2GB, this type of unbound record size can range from 0 to 2GB. All though today, most systems have 8 to 64 GB of main memory and up to 256 TB ( 2 ** 64 ) of virtual storage the Ada compiler does not know at compile time, the total run-time system memory or how ...

Re: WARNING or ERROR
I have not tested all your cases, but I guess the general rule SAS is following is - if the particular condition will result in the code not being able to run successfully, then it is an ERROR else it is a WARNING. I know I am being vague here, but guess SAS behaves in a similar manner. For example, a KEEP in the SET statement implies that it must be included in the PDV and SAS has no way to know its type and length, whereas in the DATA statement, it can simply ignore it in the output with a warning. Regards, Anindya On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Jim Groeneveld <jim.1stat@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi friends, > > I often use dataset options like KEEP, DROP, RENAME and WHERE. > Sometimes I make a mistake and specify a non-existent variable. > Sometimes I get a warning, sometimes I get an error: > WARNING: The variable _Rater_ in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never > been referenced. > ERROR: The variable _Rater_ in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never > been referenced. > > The warnings occur with the dataset options in the DATA statement. > The errors occur with the dataset options in the SET statement. > Non-existent variables in the MODIFY statement yields a warning, > while they yield an error in MERGE and UPDATE statements. > However the error with the RENAME option is quite different already, > so the above error text does never apply to the RENAME option! > > Furthermore specifying non-existent variable ...

Info about Errors ,warnings..!
Hi all, Where can i get the complete details about the all types of errors and warnings that a C-compiler pops up..?? any pdfs or links or books to refer....! plz help me out.. Regards, Rajshekhar Rajshekhar <rajshekhar3@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > Where can i get the complete details about the all types of errors and > warnings that a C-compiler pops up..?? Most likely you'll find these in the manuals of the compiler in use. There are to many to actually write one documentation that fits all. > > any pdfs or links or books to refer....! > plz help me out....

Compile Warnings and Errors
Hello, Just trying my first program. It's a FIR filter below. For some reason, if it is put in "void main()" without the "return y" line, it spits out a compile warning on the line "float y[20]" saying the variable y was never referenced. If I put it into its own function, "float fir()", and then call it from "void main()", it produces a compile error on the line "return y" saying "return value type does not match the function type" int i, j; int datapoints = 10, length = 10; float temp; float x_d[10] = {0, 0, 0...

Warning treated as error
I am trying to compile a driver code for Windows 2003 server (WNET). DDK 3790 does not support compiling the code with Microsoft Visual C++ Editor. Its Release notes say that we can compile the code in the provided ddk build environment. So I tried with that. Initially while compiling it gave some warnings which it was treating like errors. But there is an option available to avoid this by setting the warning level. But again, in linking the linker is treating some other linking warning as error and I don't have any idea how to avoid it. Also I don't know how to remove that w...

Enabling errors/warnings
Hi all, I'm kinda new to VO and im stuck with a problem. I need to enable a specific warning in the error browser because I disabled it a while ago to get my app compiled. Iv'e googled it and searched in the manuals and helpfiles but I can't figure out where I can enable the warning again. Thanks in advance, Bob Lamens Marti IT Is the last icon to the right, Options -- Ciao Alessandro "Bob Lamens [Marti IT]" <bob-at-m@rti.nl> ha scritto nel messaggio news:48bbdfa8$0$771$58c7af7e@news.kabelfoon.nl... > Hi all, > > I...

Re: why is this warning(error) ??????????
SAS_Learner , You can do what you want, Yes you can use a label statement as well as a format statement. Teo things you need to do, lose the parens and the format. Ther label and format statements are giving you the error, teh particular construct of these you have choosen to use are not aplicable within sql. But SQl has its own constructs to achieve the same thing. Try the following: proc sql ; create table test as <---- Need a 'as' here Select Customer Format = $char4. Label ='Customer number ' , Item Format = $char10. Label = 'Item purchased ' , units Format = 8. Label = '# Units purchased ' , unitcost Format = Dollar12.2 Label = 'Unit cost' From < you didnt have anything here but you need to refernece a data set> ; quit ; Toby Dunn From: SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: why is this warning(error) ?????????? Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:46:02 -0400 Guys I am using SAS 8.2 version on windows xp platform , I am trying to do something like this and I getting this warning in the Log can some body explain me why and how to solve it proc sql ; 36 create table test 37 (customer char(4) , 38 item char(10) , 39 units num, 40 unitcost num(8,2)); NOTE: Table WORK.TEST created, with 0 rows and 4 columns. 41 label customer = ...

Web resources about - Is this workable? .warning .error - comp.lang.forth

UAE students focused on finding workable uses for drones
The country’s inventors are buzzing with ideas to create the next generation of unmanned aerial vehicles, spurred on by advances in technology ...

Six things we must do now if we want Sydney to be workable in 2050
Sydney is on the edge of failing and the time for ad hoc remedies is over.

ACCC's Rod Sims will accept a workable supermarket industry code
... Commission chief Rod Sims has endorsed the concept of an industry code to govern supermarket supplier issues, provided the code is workable ...

Childcare plans fair and workable
The Productivity Commission has offered smart solutions that offer more, better, cheaper and flexible childcare places.

I’m Not Sure There’s a Workable Path for Professional Online Writers
by Freddie deBoer So it won’t surprise anybody to learn that I really, really don’t like Buzzfeed. Sometimes, when I consider the Buzzfeed ...

U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake: ‘Gang of 8’ migrant reform workable, fair
U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake: ‘Gang of 8’ migrant reform workable, fair,Last month, a bipartisan group of U.S. senators, the so-called Gang of Eight, ...

Ban encrypted messaging apps? You'd have to be an idiot to think it workable
... such as iMessage, WhatsApp and Snap Chat providing encrypted messaging options, could their days be numbered? Or is this an idiotic and unworkable ...

Marco Rubio: Donald Trump’s Plan for Immigration Is ‘Not a Workable Plan’
Marco Rubio criticized Donald Trump's immigration plan—ending birthright citizenship and deporting illegal immigrants—as "not workable."

Obamacare 'not workable': Rep. Paul Ryan
Rep. Paul Ryan says the problems with the Affordable Care Act extend far beyond website malfunctions.

Chrome-on-Mac precursor rough but workable
The development project underlying Chrome for the Mac is buggy, but CNET News' Stephen Shankland is cautiously impressed with the progress thus ...