Re: Differences between ANS Forth and Forth-79

-------------------------------1162045838

In a message dated 10/26/2006 5:50:22 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
eratherXXX@forth.com writes:

The  biggest problem you'll encounter is that the difference between
Forth as  described in either edition of Starting Forth and any
contemporary Forth  you might want to use is vast.  For example, SF
assumes that your  program source is in 1024-byte "blocks" that must be
edited with a special  Forth editor.  There may be a few systems that
still work this  way,  not many.  Most use standard OS files and you
can use the  editor of your choice.  SF also assumes an implementation
strategy  that is not used by the most popular implementations  today.

I liked blocks, and still do. I wrote blocks to convert FIG-Forth to
Forth-79 and Forth-79 to Forth-83 and it seemed very simple at the time.  Naturally,
those blocks are lost because they were written for the Commodore 64.  As I
recall, my biggest problem was remembering the numbering change  for PICK and
ROLL. It was almost as bad as the change in NOT in ANSI Forth.  I had to change
all my NOTs to 0= and if I had a -1 XOR I could change it to  NOT. The changes
made sense but I had to change some of my words.

The early editions of SwiftForth gave me serious headaches in their effort
to be ANSI compliant. I used 3-dimensional bit arrays in some of my programs
and  used three internal loops in a number of cases. The old i, j, k for loop
indices  didn't work; k was not ANSI compliant. I had to change every instance
where I  used k.

When blocks were used, the disk operating system was Forth. You had access
to every bit and byte on the disk. I hacked a ew with this  capability.

-------------------------------1162045838

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 10/26/2006 5:50:22 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,=20
eratherXXX@forth.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><=
FONT=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=
=3D2><BR>The=20
  biggest problem you'll encounter is that the difference between <BR>Forth=20=
as=20
  described in either edition of Starting Forth and any <BR>contemporary For=
th=20
  you might want to use is vast.&nbsp; For example, SF <BR>assumes that your=
=20
  program source is in 1024-byte "blocks" that must be <BR>edited with a spe=
cial=20
  Forth editor.&nbsp; There may be a few systems that <BR>still work this=20
  way,&nbsp; not many.&nbsp; Most use standard OS files and you <BR>can use=20=
the=20
  editor of your choice.&nbsp; SF also assumes an implementation <BR>strateg=
y=20
  that is not used by the most popular implementations=20
today.<BR><BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I liked blocks, and still do. I wrote blocks to convert FIG-Forth to=20
Forth-79 and Forth-79 to Forth-83 and it seemed very simple at the time.=20
Naturally, those blocks are lost because they were written for the Commodore=
 64.=20
As I recall, my biggest problem was remembering the numbering change=20
for&nbsp;PICK and ROLL. It was almost as bad as the change in NOT in ANSI Fo=
rth.=20
I had to change all my NOTs to 0=3D and if I had a -1 XOR I could change it=20=
to=20
NOT. The changes made sense but I had to change some of my words.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The early editions of SwiftForth gave me serious headaches in their eff=
ort=20
to be ANSI compliant. I used 3-dimensional bit arrays in some of my programs=
 and=20
used three internal loops in a number of cases. The old i, j, k for loop ind=
ices=20
didn't work; k was not ANSI compliant. I had to change every instance where=20=
I=20
used k.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>When blocks were used, the disk operating system was Forth. You had acc=
ess=20
to every bit and byte on the disk. I hacked&nbsp;a ew with this=20
capability.</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

-------------------------------1162045838--
0
tcykgreis (19)
10/28/2006 5:30:38 PM
comp.lang.forth 7148 articles. 0 followers. markrobertwills (871) is leader. Post Follow

Differences between ANS Forth and Forth-79
Hello all, I have recently accquired the german edition of Leo Brodies's "Starting Forth". Since it uses the Forth-79 standard, I would like to know if there is a document that lists the differences between Forth-79 and ANS-Forth. Appendix D.6 of the dpANS draft details the differences between Forth-83 and ANS Forth, but I would like to know, if there are other things to be aware of. I know that there are several ANS-Forth versions of "Starting Forth" available on the web, but I would prefer to read the dead trees version. Many thanks in advance, Alex Alexander Shendi wrote: > Hello all, > > I have recently accquired the german edition of Leo Brodies's > "Starting Forth". Since it uses the Forth-79 standard, I would like > to know if there is a document that lists the differences between > Forth-79 and ANS-Forth. > > Appendix D.6 of the dpANS draft details the differences between > Forth-83 and ANS Forth, but I would like to know, if there are > other things to be aware of. > > I know that there are several ANS-Forth versions of "Starting > Forth" available on the web, but I would prefer to read the > dead trees version. > > Many thanks in advance, There was a Forth-83 version of Starting Forth published in the mid-80's, but I don't know if it was translated into German. The biggest problem you'll encounter is that the difference between Forth as descr...

forth in forth
I came across this in the archives: >The widely shared belief (among both Forthies >and outsiders) that every "real" Forth programmer hacks together >his own compiler/interpreter/programming environment also makes >the Forth community look frivolous or at best naive. Most people >who program for a living know that there are more useful ways to >spend their time than building their own programming environment -- >the key to productivity is leveraging off other peoples' work. HERESY in the Forth community! Imagine... NOT coming up with your own CASE statement or local variable implemetation? Use OTHER PEOPLES TOOLS? Yuccch! One thing you can count on in the Forth community... try to establish a standard ANYTHING, and all that will happen is others will come up with their own implementation, defeating the purpose of standardization. Why is this? I mean, I'm usually quite happy to program in other languages without building my own interpreter or compiler. For instance with Ruby, the only time I even considered it's implementation was when I was learning how it's class structure was organised, and that was only because some of my references talked about the internals. Now with Forth, it seems like every step along the way makes me think about writing my own implementation! A couple of months back I designed (in outline) a prototype based OOPS for forth, and before I could finish it I was planning how to write a ...

Writing ANS Forth in ANS Forth
Hi I'm currently attempting to write an ANS-compliant ITC Forth system for the ARM as a personal learning project. I've implemented my system primitives as code words and am now starting to look at the implementation of the high-level words. I've noticed that a number of systems use non-ANS definitions or user variables such as LATEST in their implementation of high-level words. I'm currently trying to decide how this fits in with a strictly ANS-compliant system. Here are my thoughts so far regarding two possible approaches... 1) Implement non-ANS words and use them in high-level ANS word definitions. Pros - Makes implementation of some words easier(?). Cons - Non-ANS words visible to the user. System always has bespoke extensions whether you want it to or not. High-level definitions not portable. 2) Only implement high-level ANS words in terms of other ANS words. Pros - 'Cleaner' implementation(?). System has no bespoke extensions. Using SEE on high-level words only shows ANS source, so the user only sees standard documented words. Cons - Some words that would have previously been high-level would have to be implemented as code words where no suitable ANS primitives exist. So, should a strictly ANS-compliant Forth only ever be implemented in ANS Forth? (and is that even possible/practical?) I guess that without the visibility provided by WORDS and SEE this really becomes a non-issue with the user being unaware that there are a number of und...

Forth as Assembly Language (Was Re: FORTH levels)
Guy Macon wrote: > > John Doty wrote: > > >It's pretty clear from the contents of the development kits > >that the dominant language for small widgets must be C. > > Your viewpoint is skewed. Those development kits are for > *medium*- sized low volume widgets. When the quantities > become high (some of my designs have reached quantities of > 100,000 per hour) the usual choices (PIC, 8051, ARM...) cost > too much. At those volumes you are more likely to see > microcontrollers made by by GeneralPlus/SunPlus, Elan/EMC, > WinBond, Sonix, etc, and nearly 100% of the software is > written in highly optimized assembly language with > Forth making some inroads. This is an entire world that is > invisible to you unless you are a designer of talking barbie > dolls, computer mice, or musical greeting cards. > > References: > http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20010221S0034 > http://www.aes.org/sections/la/archive/2000/2000_docs/soundfortoys200004.doc > > -- > misc.business.product-dev: a Usenet newsgroup > about the Business of Product Development. > -- Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/> > Forth can be used as an assembler. What is keeping Forth from replacing a conventional assembler? Can't a Forth development system do whatever optimization is needed for machine code faster and better than ancient assembly language? By the way John Doty is involved in the des...

Forth in a Keyboard (Was Re: I was thinking about a Forth chip market ...)
Several years ago I saw an Amiga 500 (?), which a realtor was using as his desktop system. Everything (processor, memory, video and a floppy drive) was built into the keyboard. I know that it was just the latest in a long line of such systems (i.e. Atari, Apple, Commodore), but still very cool: A multi-tasking, 32-bit system which fit into a keyboard. I've read Jeff's comments current and past about the bloat surrounding most modern apps and the wonderful things that he and the folks at iTV were able to do with Forth chips and code. So, I'm wondering if we could come up with a Forth keyboard/system, targeted at the activities for which most people use a computer these days: Browsing, e-mail, word processing, IM. Just give them the keyboard and have them plug in a standard monitor, mouse and printer and go. The hardware prices should not be too much. Keyboards are just a few dollars and it sounds like the Forth chips are inexpensive in quantity. I doubt that it would take much memory either. So, there would be the price of the circuitry and connections (serial / parallel / USB / NIC / video / mouse). Can't cost too much, right? What about software? Apparently much of it (browser, etc) was written by iTV. Maybe it could be licensed. What about e-mail, IM, word processing? Would/could the browser be modified to accept Java, Javascript, Flash and/or other plugins? Or maybe this could be an Open Source system, a la SourceForge. What would be the b...

Java to Forth converter? ( was Re: Java to Forth converter? )
Is possible, to my understanding, IBM, SUN, Microsoft should be very happy to help with the assimilation, not. Java byte code is the key. many simularities, however, because no registers are used, --> the good, clean functional programming, clean return stack usage enforced thru Java bytecode compilers --> the bad, mapping functions, array iteration is slow, DSP work non competative, several 'weird' java byte code instructions to 'make up for' lack of direct register/optimize substituting only a parameter stack, First one to build a Java to Forth converter owns IBM....

RE: Old Forth oldie, new Forth newbie
BigForth / Minos ? -gustavo Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la persona arriba indicada, se le notifica que esta prohibida la difusion de este mensaje. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, o si hay problemas en la transmision, favor de comunicarse con el remitente. Gracias. ...

applications in forth or forth libraries
is there a archive of applications built in forth? something like cpan for perl? etc.? On Dec 2, 3:46=A0pm, gavino <gavcom...@gmail.com> wrote: > is there a archive of applications built in forth? > > something like cpan for perl? etc.? Well, you'll find some things. Take a look at forthfreak.net to get the pointers. The main problem is that even "ANS compatible" Forths are not compatible at all if you add the mindset of the programmer to the standard. There are some classes of problems that are better solved by non-ANS extensions than with ANS. And almost every problem of some complexity involves such problems. So programmers that are used to one specific Forth system learn a domain specific way how to deal with such problems and sometimes they are (me too, indeed) surprised that a specific feature "is not ANS"... Perl has not that problem. You've one dominating implementation. Regards, -Helmar gavino wrote: > is there a archive of applications built in forth? > > something like cpan for perl? etc.? I think the vast majority of them are proprietary in nature, and hence not published. Cheers, Elizabeth -- ================================================== Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784 5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90045 http://www.forth.com "Forth-based products and Services for real-time applications since 1973.&...

Forth is to program , Forth is NOT to study ..
Forth is to program , not to learn , nor study . Study is for students , Students dont eat well . They seek help and subsidy , and credencials .. all , far from productive programming . There is NO arguement , NO arguement in Forth , cause it is always done LEAST WORK , FASTEST runtime . In 40 years , Humans have built up school systems , universities, industries and factories Since it is a "system" , its uncompetitive . Competition and profits are impossible from any system . Accountants can see the "books" indicate this is the last of those 40 years of educational systems . For the lack of profits . Productivity/Profits comes ONLY from individuals , working alone ( competition) . They create their own "tools" . They NEVER write manuals cause every tool is the simplest it can be , Needs no explanation . Forth Dictionary is not for teaching Forth , its for organizing WORDS . Its for taking work and details away from the programmer . Forth is to program , not to learn , nor study . Study is for students , Students dont eat well . They seek help and subsidy , and credencials .. This is not programming. There is NO arguement in Forth , cause it is always done LEAST WORK , FASTEST , no BLOAT . -------- In 40 years , Humans have built up school systems , universities, industries and factories Since it is a "system" , its uncom...

no forth pc? no forth replacement for mysqL? a la www.prevayler.org? no forth appserver?
how about a forth clone of iceWM in 1% the code? On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:36:49 PM UTC-6, the_gavino_himself wrote: > how about a forth clone of iceWM in 1% the code? Right now, what I'm interested in is niche RPGMaker-type games on Android. I've done some of this work already in Java, including creating a map editor (on Android) and a playable demo, using First Seed Material (http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/index.php) assets I gave up on my last alternatives to Java when I found Terminal IDE, which allowed me to move code all the way from Java source to installable .apks on the device itself. But now there is a Forth system on Android! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gnu.gforth&hl=en I don't know if it'll have on-device turnkey facilities soon or ever, or how deployment will otherwise work. I've some familiarity with Java API, the Android way of XML-specified interfaces and the like (fortunately, games mostly ignore that part of Android), but JNI and friends is still a mystery to me. But you can get the satisfaction of being able to touch an icon and have your Forth app start up.... by the roundabout method of having an auxiliary app that 1) slides Forth source into starta.fs on the SD card and then 2) launches gforth. It's satisfying anyway. So in the manner of someone laying down track with the expectation that there will be a tunnel through the mountain by the time the mountain is reache...

FORTH
Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? Ian implementation of what On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:44:49 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Jones" <bellevueparkw@btinternet.com> wrote: |Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? | |Ian | Alien at Large wrote: > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:44:49 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Jones" > <bellevueparkw@btinternet.com> wrote: > > |Has anyone got an implementation working on a TREO 600? > | > |Ian > > implementation of what What he said in the subject line. (Hint: it&#...

Forth
Anyone know of a version of Forth for RISC OS? I used to use Forthmacs by Hanno Schwalm a few years ago, but I've been out of the Acorn scene since 2000, recently returned with an Iyonix. Hanno's site seems to be down and no reply from his old e-mail address. Anton -- Hi, By the process of poking various fingers onto keys Anton generated this: > Anyone know of a version of Forth for RISC OS? > > I used to use Forthmacs by Hanno Schwalm a few years ago, but I've been out > of the Acorn scene since 2000, recently returned with an Iyonix. Hanno's > site see...

3 books on eBay: Starting FORTH; Thinking FORTH; FORTH Programmer's Handbook
Forth Programmer's Handbook by Conklin and Rather Search for eBay Item # 4129534182 Excellent (like new) condition, second EDITION (August 1998), sixth PRINTING (August 2000). Thinking Forth by Leo Brodie (1984) Search for eBay Item # 4129545378 Excellent (like new) condition, this is the 1994 reprint from Fig Leaf Press (Forth Interest Group, Inc). Starting Forth by Leo Brodie (1987) Search for eBay Item # 4129553634 Second edition, in very good condition. Shows slight wear, but very clean. The softcover binding is in excellent shape. ...

Id love to surf web with 4megs ram forth pc using forth and forth chips
when will this happen? cant wait!! On 9/27/2013 11:52 AM, the_gavino_himself wrote: > when will this happen? > > cant wait!! > I'll happen when someone comes up with several $M in funding. Cheers, Elizabeth -- ================================================== Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784 5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90045 http://www.forth.com "Forth-based products and Services for real-time applications since 1973." ================================================== Elizabeth D Rather wrote: > On 9/27/2013 11:52 AM, the_gavino_himself wrote: >> when will this happen? >> >> cant wait!! >> > > I'll happen when someone comes up with several $M in funding. With 4 megs of RAM? I wouldn't do that even if I had large funding. This is not enough memory to display a single cat image, so it's not worth considering. -- Bernd Paysan "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself" http://bernd-paysan.de/ On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:01:15 PM UTC+1, Bernd Paysan wrote: > With 4 megs of RAM? I wouldn't do that even if I had large funding. Thi= s=20 > is not enough memory to display a single cat image, so it's not worth=20 > considering. This is true. Cat images are big. Especially images of lions - because they= ar...

3 books on eBay: Starting FORTH; Thinking FORTH; FORTH Programmer's Handbook #2
Forth Programmer's Handbook by Conklin and Rather Search for eBay Item # 4129534182 Excellent (like new) condition, second EDITION (August 1998), sixth PRINTING (August 2000). Thinking Forth by Leo Brodie (1984) Search for eBay Item # 4129545378 Excellent (like new) condition, this is the 1994 reprint from Fig Leaf Press (Forth Interest Group, Inc). Starting Forth by Leo Brodie (1987) Search for eBay Item # 4129553634 Second edition, in very good condition. Shows slight wear, but very clean. The softcover binding is in excellent shape. ...

Forth Application and Technique OR Forth Handbook
hello I buy 1 week ago on amazon U.S. "Forth applications and technical" I would like to know if this book is worth knowing - I do not familiarized with programming language ? and if it is sufficient to have familiarized high in this language ? is that the book "Forth programming" handbook is necessary ? i have not a good level of english and i use a translator thanks On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:37:15 AM UTC-7, michael wrote: > hello > > > > I buy 1 week ago on amazon U.S. "Forth applications and technical" > > > > I would like to know if this book is worth knowing > > > > - I do not familiarized with programming language ? > > > > and if it is sufficient to have familiarized high in this language ? > > > > is that the book "Forth programming" handbook is necessary ? > > > > i have not a good level of english and i use a translator > > > > thanks Best book to learn from beginner. Starting Forth Free Online Version http://www.forth.com/starting-forth/ Also get an old paper book copy Jason In comp.lang.forth, michael wrote: > i have not a good level of english and i use a translator If you need some French materials - maybe try Turboforth for DOS? http://forth.free.fr/apprentissage/turbo-forth/page00.htm -- The consensus was, as usual in this co...

JavaScript to Forth translator (shift-forth)
Hi All, I am working on experimental tool to translate JavaScript (subset) into Forth. https://github.com/drom/shift-forth It takes JavaScript program in Single Static Assignment (SSA) form, implements very simple stack scheduling algorithm, using PICK for deep stack access. And runs peephole optimizer on top. I am working to add basic control structures to to it: Call, if, while Any suggestions are welcome. --Alexey ...

Forth News from Europe - Video - Olimex - ARM - VFX - Mecrisp and the question: Which other Forths - ANS or not
Our Scouts project documentation / Video is finally ready - it takes the longest ... http://www.forth-ev.de/ Eurocircuits was one of the sponsors - more details there http://www.eurocircuits.com/blog/234-eurocircuits-supports-iet-activity-at-peakcamp-201 without the 25 people donating parts, batteries and money it would not have been possible http://www.eurocircuits.com/blog/posts/page-1 And it is not just soldering - the software for the MicroBox had to be prepared as well http://www.forth-ev.de/wiki/doku.php/en:projects:microbox:start And the next level up in Forth programming is included, was there already http://www.forth-ev.de/wiki/doku.php/en:projects:mmt4ue2:start MECRISP MEETS MICROBOX M0 - ARM Cortex http://www.forth-ev.de/ MSP430 is small, easy to use, but memory is limited. In addition everybody wants ARM. Well we are on the way: again DIL for easy starting - and fits into the same TicTac Box. And prepared for MPE ARM LITE which will be added over the next couple of weeks Olimex Board with NXP processor runs MPE VFX ARM LITE and as well MECRISP http://www.forth-ev.de/ More to come as spare time allows. JUERGEN <epldfpga@aol.com> writes: > http://www.eurocircuits.com/blog/234-eurocircuits-supports-iet-activity-at-peakcamp-201 Nice! I wondered what had happened with this project. Did you end up networking the boxes together somehow? > MECRISP MEETS MICROBOX M0 - ARM Cortex > Well we are on the way: again DIL f...

ITS NOT FORTH
What i read here has nothing to with Forth . Forth is to nix the overhead and noise and simplify . If your SW compiles , it cant be Forth . Forth is imediate programming at any level , without reading manuals . It is intuitive . You dont have to figure the Kernel , while programming . Tomas Scott Guadalajara MX Cell 33 1449 2609 ( Call for routes in GDL ) KC7CC Ham Radio The new PC is Nientendo DS Lite . It will destroy existing WEB , cell phones providers I offer free programming advice and help on DS Lite BIOS . ...

With Forth
With Forth I can pretend that I am sometimes connected to reality while attempting to write a computer program. Jason ...

Forth is written in Forth and it boots ur PC
Forth is written in Forth Forth must boot Forth ... My stuff is called ForthRite , if no U.C. i'll have to read it as forthrite , certainly a new English verb meaning proper and unarguebale .... !! Same thing , my stuff is proper and unargueable .... Forthrite shell is the first 400 bytes in an ARM 128KB NOR-Flash boot ROM . It I/O's to RS232c serial port , but also on same wires is a 4 by 4 keypad to send breaks to RS232c .. It can create permanent code in its tiny dictionary located in SRAM . If the normal boot process is successful , there s no need to understand any of this , because Forthrite always allows one to program at the highest level . You can learn to use Forthrite by experimenting with [ Expand_Explain ] key . This key works at all levels without any input . If you hit this key , it will use MRU to disassemble that last frag/level . If you hit [ Expand Not ] key it will delete what it normally adds to MRU . You can assemble OpCodes , in Forthrite at any level . You are not forced to assemble code from an assembler . My 1st project is an ARM9 to create a replacement for the IBM PC . I will be able to enter text w/o using a key board and at 300 WPM . I want a voice input pocket PC , ARM7 , it doesnt bog down with IBM voice recognition , because it takes ur keystrokes to "improve" werty wrote: > Forth is written in Forth > > Forth must boot Forth ... > >...

Which FORTH?
I haven't used FORTH on an embedded project since circa 1985. I'm wondering if FORTH, Inc.'s SwiftForth is the current BMW/Mercedes of FORTH development environments for embedded apps? As a matter of fact, FORTH, Inc. appears to be the only FORTH dev env provider that's financially viable??? ---John On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:03:58 -0700 (PDT), jski <john.chludzinski@gmail.com> wrote: >I haven't used FORTH on an embedded project since circa 1985. > >I'm wondering if FORTH, Inc.'s SwiftForth is the current BMW/Mercedes >of FORTH development environments for embedded apps? As a matter of >fact, FORTH, Inc. appears to be the only FORTH dev env provider that's >financially viable??? In terms of target performance performance and features, the top of the range comes from MPE. http://www.mpeforth.com/xc7.htm But then, we supply Forth systems. Stephen -- Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 web: http://www.mpeforth.com - free VFX Forth downloads On 9/15/11 12:03 PM, jski wrote: > I haven't used FORTH on an embedded project since circa 1985. > > I'm wondering if FORTH, Inc.'s SwiftForth is the current BMW/Mercedes > of FORTH development environments for embedded apps? As a matter of > fact, FORTH, Inc. appears to be the only FORTH dev env pro...

FORTH source foundation or FORTH groupware system
Is it possible to create some FORTH groupware to share sources, libs, application code and so on ? FORTH can't work fine with traditional library oriented way -- FORTH needs small sized peaces of code, traditional libraryes have much more size Dmitry Ponyatov wrote: > Is it possible to create some FORTH groupware to share sources, libs, > application code and so > on ? > > FORTH can't work fine with traditional library oriented way -- FORTH > needs small sized peaces of code, traditional libraryes have much more > size Wikis are a good fit for this model. I've shared a lot of my Forth code on http://wiki.forthfreak.net/ for example. Searching the archives of comp.lang.forth for nuggets is also worthwhile. Ian "Dmitry Ponyatov" <google@akps.ssau.ru> wrote in message news:1136716071.397980.207880@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to create some FORTH groupware to share sources, libs, > application code and so > on ? > > FORTH can't work fine with traditional library oriented way -- FORTH > needs small sized peaces of code, traditional libraryes have much more > size I don't know that any special "groupware" is required. Most of the popular Forth implementations have some form of user's groups for sharing code (in source form, since that's the preferred mode in Forth). FORTH, Inc., for example, maintains user email lists and a wiki for our main products, Sw...

About FORTH
Bonjour � tous. Je recherche les sources d'un forth pour ORIC. Existe-t-il un metacompilateur pour ORIC ? Merci d'avance. Seilebost. PS : Je recommence � tester l'ULA en vhdl. In article <ad4152cf.0306280212.fae8ce@posting.google.com>, olivier JEAN wrote: > Je recherche les sources d'un forth pour ORIC. > Existe-t-il un metacompilateur pour ORIC ? What's a "metacompiler" ? -- Andr� Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/> No actual neurons were harmed in the making of this Usenet post. Andre Majorel &...

Web resources about - Re: Differences between ANS Forth and Forth-79 - comp.lang.forth

Comparison: What are the differences between the 9.7-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch model?
... unveiled the 9.7-inch iPad Pro . While the device is essentially the same as the larger 12.9-inch model, there are a few notable differences ...

Commission Compromise Could Have Made All the Difference
Could the fractious client-agency relationship have been salvaged if agencies had been willing to take less than 15% commission? "Losing the ...

Galaxy S7 Isocell vs Sony camera sensor: what’s the difference?
... have every right to believe all Samsung Galaxy S7 handsets are created equal, but such is not the case. And we are not only talking about differences ...

Bidwill: Chandler Jones will be a difference-maker
Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill believes Chandler Jones will improve the team's chances of getting to the Super Bowl.

The marginal importance of marginal ideological differences on the Supreme Court
I am not getting the argument that Obama’s choice of a moderate justice is a massive concession even if he can be confirmed before the lame duck ...

What are the differences between AR and VR?
Now that HTC Vive has become available, we seem to have moved past virtual reality that gives you motion sickness and we can really start to ...

Not a dime's worth of difference?
Not a dime's worth of difference? by digby There are many differences between the parties but this one may be the most important: [B]illionaire ...