Code::Blocks for Fortran is a free, cross platform Integrated
Development Environment (IDE).
This is a customized version of main Code::Blocks IDE originally a C/C+
+ oriented IDE.
The most notably features are:
-Support for many Fortran compiles including: gFortran, g95, PGI
Fortran, Intel Fortran
-Support for mixed-language programming
-Support for workspace (having multiple project with many
different targets, dependencies in a single
It supports all type of Fortran projects including:
-Fortran Static Library
-Fortran Shared Library
-Fortran Dynamic Link Library
Code::Blocks for Fortran is light, portable and cross-platform
For more information, screen shots and download see:
Long list of features
* Editor with Fortran syntax highlighting (fixed and free form).
* Compilation of Fortran project directly from IDE. FortranProject
plugin should care about Fortran file dependencies. Alternatively you
can use your supplied makefile.
* Possibility to jump directly to the code line with an error
(currently the support of gfortran, g95, Intel Fortran and PGI Fortran
* Symbols browser with defined program units (functions,
subroutines, modules etc.) in your project.
* Possibility to jump to code line with subroutine/function
definition directly from editor (right click on the name and select
"Jump to: 'name'") or from the symbols browser (double click on the
* Program debugging using GNU GDB.
* Completion of names when you type or when you press Ctrl+Space
(you can change the key combinations in Editor's Settings). Currently
the support for subroutine/function names, the names of variables and
the components of derived types is implemented.
* Call-tips with subroutine/function argument list. Appears
automatically or when you press Ctrl+Shift+Space.
* Appearance of tooltips when you hold mouse on variable or name
* Jump back and forth again to the edited file or the marked line
(BrowseTracker plugin, use Alt+arrow).
* and more
GUI, editor, IDE, cross platform, Fortran compiler, visual debugging
||10/14/2010 9:42:16 AM