forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error

Hi,

while running executable cras.x i am getting -

"forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error"

this error is coming while reading crastat.in file -

while reading following line -

  ABCD 20120625     2   309 33.901 22.521 20.000 28.048 79.924 -0.004 67.332******* 99.062 38.765

since while reading i have specified f7.3 format and in file crastat.in its ******* there .

Please help me as to how i can ignore this input conversion in ifort.

When i am compiling same program using xlf_r or f77 its ignoring input conversion and running fine.

Regards,
Shivali
0
shivaliit05
9/15/2015 9:40:43 AM
comp.lang.fortran 11941 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 15.09.2015 11:40, shivaliit05@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while running executable cras.x i am getting -
>
> "forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error"
>
> this error is coming while reading crastat.in file -
>
> while reading following line -
>
>    ABCD 20120625     2   309 33.901 22.521 20.000 28.048 79.924 -0.004 67.332******* 99.062 38.765
>
> since while reading i have specified f7.3 format and in file crastat.in its ******* there .
>
> Please help me as to how i can ignore this input conversion in ifort.
>
> When i am compiling same program using xlf_r or f77 its ignoring input conversion and running fine.
>

> Regards,
> Shivali

You don't specify what your policy regarding invalid data should be.  If
the data file comes from a Fortran program (likely), the asterisks
indicate an overflow in fixed-format output.  Is this data really to be
ignored?  If yes, should there be a default value in its place?  If no,
you should first resolve the issue with the program that generated the
data file.

I would then run a simple line conversion utility ('sed' should be
sufficient) to replace the offending data by a default value, if this is
applicable.  Then feed the modified data file to the program.  This is
more transparent than modifying an existing Fortran program.

-- Wolfgang

--
E-mail: firstnameinitial.lastname@domain.de
Domain: yahoo