gfortran for 64-bit Windows

Is there a counterpart to the handy "installer" version of gfortran
http://users.humboldt.edu/finneyb/gfortran-windows-20111011.exe
but for 64-bit Windows?  The TDM version appears to need
several pieces.  The equation.com version is listed as "use at
your own risk" on the wiki.
0
tholen (16676)
11/16/2011 5:58:29 PM
comp.lang.fortran 11340 articles. 37 followers. Post Follow

On Nov 16, 10:58=A0am, "tho...@antispam.ham" <tho...@ifa.hawaii.edu>
wrote:
> Is there a counterpart to the handy "installer" version of gfortranhttp:/=
/users.humboldt.edu/finneyb/gfortran-windows-20111011.exe
> but for 64-bit Windows? =A0The TDM version appears to need
> several pieces. =A0The equation.com version is listed as "use at
> your own risk" on the wiki.

I have used the equation.com versions for a couple of years now and
haven't encountered any "risk".

Al Greynolds
www.ruda.com
0
awgreynolds (138)
11/16/2011 6:20:41 PM
Am 16.11.2011 19:20, schrieb Al Greynolds:
> On Nov 16, 10:58 am, "tho...@antispam.ham"<tho...@ifa.hawaii.edu>
> wrote:
>> Is there a counterpart to the handy "installer" version of gfortranhttp://users.humboldt.edu/finneyb/gfortran-windows-20111011.exe
>> but for 64-bit Windows?  The TDM version appears to need
>> several pieces.  The equation.com version is listed as "use at
>> your own risk" on the wiki.
>
> I have used the equation.com versions for a couple of years now and
> haven't encountered any "risk".

Well, at least the version I (and Polyhedron) tried gave an internal
compiler error when compiling the Polyhedron benchmark
(http://www.polyhedron.com/compare0html) while the MinGW64 builds at
sourceforge.net work. As the latter are done by the MinGW64 developers,
I would favour them. I also heard from someone having link errors with
the equation.com builds.

However, if they work for you, there is no reason to switch.

Tobias

0
burnus (564)
11/16/2011 7:16:15 PM
On 11/16/2011 2:16 PM, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Am 16.11.2011 19:20, schrieb Al Greynolds:
>> On Nov 16, 10:58 am, "tho...@antispam.ham"<tho...@ifa.hawaii.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Is there a counterpart to the handy "installer" version of
>>> gfortranhttp://users.humboldt.edu/finneyb/gfortran-windows-20111011.exe
>>> but for 64-bit Windows? The TDM version appears to need
>>> several pieces. The equation.com version is listed as "use at
>>> your own risk" on the wiki.
>>
>> I have used the equation.com versions for a couple of years now and
>> haven't encountered any "risk".
>
> Well, at least the version I (and Polyhedron) tried gave an internal
> compiler error when compiling the Polyhedron benchmark
> (http://www.polyhedron.com/compare0html) while the MinGW64 builds at
> sourceforge.net work. As the latter are done by the MinGW64 developers,
> I would favour them. I also heard from someone having link errors with
> the equation.com builds.
>
> However, if they work for you, there is no reason to switch.

The mingw64 cross compilers from the cygwin installation menu have
worked well for me (with the exception of no gain for OpenMP).  I
suppose they derive from sourceforge.

--
Tim Prince
0
"Tobias Burnus" <burnus@net-b.de> wrote in message

> Well, at least the version I (and Polyhedron) tried gave an internal
> compiler error when compiling the Polyhedron benchmark
> (http://www.polyhedron.com/compare0html) while the MinGW64 builds at
> sourceforge.net work. As the latter are done by the MinGW64 developers, I
> would favour them. I also heard from someone having link errors with the
> equation.com builds.

There is a problem if you have more than one version of gfortran on
your computer in that the environmental variables as set via
Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environmental Variables can
only be consistent with one version at a time.  Set up a Command
Prompt shortcut under the root directory of each version you have
installed which links to a *.bat file that modifies the PATH and
perhaps the EQ_LIBRARY_PATH or LIBRARY_PATH appropriately.  Use
only the shortcut appropriate to the compiler you want to run.
This way you can have several command prompts open simultaneously,
each set up for a different version of gfortran.

ISTR that one of the versions, I think it's the one from the
mingw 64 page, comes with mangled names for everything in the bin
directory.  I wrote a Fortran program that fixes these names.
Obviously you don't need to mangle names in Windows because you
can sort out different versions by having different environmental
variables.

6.0134700243160014d-154/),(/'x'/)); end

0
not_valid (1693)
11/16/2011 8:15:43 PM
On Nov 16, 1:20=A0pm, Al Greynolds <awgreyno...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 10:58=A0am, "tho...@antispam.ham" <tho...@ifa.hawaii.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Is there a counterpart to the handy "installer" version of gfortranhttp=
://users.humboldt.edu/finneyb/gfortran-windows-20111011.exe
> > but for 64-bit Windows? =A0The TDM version appears to need
> > several pieces. =A0The equation.com version is listed as "use at
> > your own risk" on the wiki.
>
> I have used the equation.com versions for a couple of years now and
> haven't encountered any "risk".
>
> Al Greynoldswww.ruda.com

Yes, the equation.com builds have always worked well for me. For some
reason, they seem to get press from gcc/gfortran maintainers.

> Yes, the equation.com builds have always worked well for me. For some
> reason, they seem to get press from gcc/gfortran maintainers.

.... negative press ...

On 11/16/2011 3:17 PM, CaptainKirk1966 wrote:

>> Yes, the equation.com builds have always worked well for me. For some
>> reason, they seem to get press from gcc/gfortran maintainers.
>
> ... negative press ...

If it's true that they're adding on closed source libraries etc. could
that not be "some reason?"

--
Tim Prince
0
Tim Prince <tprince@computer.org> wrote:

> On 11/16/2011 3:17 PM, CaptainKirk1966 wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, the equation.com builds have always worked well for me. For some
> >> reason, they seem to get press from gcc/gfortran maintainers.
> >
> > ... negative press ...
> >
> If it's true that they're adding on closed source libraries etc. could
> that not be "some reason?"

That's what I recall - that the equation.com releases pretty directly
violated the license conditions under which gcc/gfortran was released.
Unless one wants to spend a lot of money on lawyers, and probably
achieve very little in return for the expenditure, negative press is
about all one can do and is what I'd expect as a reaction to something
like that. I haven't paid much attention, so that might have changed, or
then it might not have.

--
Richard Maine                    | Good judgment comes from experience;
domain: summertriangle           |  -- Mark Twain
On Nov 16, 3:45=A0pm, Tim Prince <tpri...@computer.org> wrote:
> On 11/16/2011 3:17 PM, CaptainKirk1966 wrote:
>
> >> Yes, the equation.com builds have always worked well for me. For some
> >> reason, they seem to get press from gcc/gfortran maintainers.
>
> > ... negative press ...
>
> If it's true that they're adding on closed source libraries etc. could
> that not be "some reason?"
>
> --
> Tim Prince

yep, that could be some reason ...

"The major change is the library to support parallel processing has
been replaced. "

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:17:14 -0800, CaptainKirk1966 wrote:

>> Yes, the equation.com builds have always worked well for me. For some
>> reason, they seem to get press from gcc/gfortran maintainers.
>
> ... negative press ...

Perhaps, it has to do with the fact that Equation.com at one
time explicitly stated that they changed the source code.
E.C has never responded to at least two different
gfortran developers who requested access to their
changes to the source code.

Hmmm, let's visit their website:

http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=fortran

   This web page provides Fortran, C and C++ for Windows for
   download.  Equation Solution build the compilers from GCC.
   gFortran, gcc and g++ are high performance compilers, and
   absolutely free under General Public License.  Binaries distributed
   at this site are a variant of GCC.  Distributions of Equation
   Solution have indepentent settings.  The major change is the
   library to support parallel processing has been replaced.

Oh my, "Binaries distributed at this site are a variant of GCC"

E.C has never explained what is meant by "are a variant".

E.C has never answered my emails about the source
code they use (and I know at least one other person).

E.C appears to violate the GPL that they so proudly
acknowledge in the above blurb.

--
steve
0
<s...@REMOVEtroutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:17:14 -0800, CaptainKirk1966 wrote:
> >> Yes, the equation.com builds have always worked well for me. For some
> >> reason, they seem to get press from gcc/gfortran maintainers.
>
> > ... negative press ...
>
> Perhaps, it has to do with the fact that Equation.com at one
> time explicitly stated that they changed the source code.
> E.C has never responded to at least two different
> gfortran developers who requested access to their
> changes to the source code.
>
> Hmmm, let's visit their website:
>
> http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=3Dfortran
>
> =A0 =A0This web page provides Fortran, C and C++ for Windows for
> =A0 =A0download. =A0Equation Solution build the compilers from GCC.
> =A0 =A0gFortran, gcc and g++ are high performance compilers, and
> =A0 =A0absolutely free under General Public License. =A0Binaries distribu=
ted
> =A0 =A0at this site are a variant of GCC. =A0Distributions of Equation
> =A0 =A0Solution have indepentent settings. =A0The major change is the
> =A0 =A0library to support parallel processing has been replaced.
>
> Oh my, "Binaries distributed at this site are a variant of GCC"
>
> E.C has never explained what is meant by "are a variant".
>
> E.C has never answered my emails about the source
> code they use (and I know at least one other person).
>
> E.C appears to violate the GPL that they so proudly
> acknowledge in the above blurb.
>
> --
> steve

I knew I didn't like E. C. distribution, but I didn't recall why...

Thanks, it's always good to remember some things.

Fernando.
0
ftinetti (148)
11/16/2011 9:48:13 PM
Richard Maine wrote:

>>> ... negative press ...
>>>
>> If it's true that they're adding on closed source libraries etc. could
>> that not be "some reason?"
>
> That's what I recall - that the equation.com releases pretty directly
> violated the license conditions under which gcc/gfortran was released.
> Unless one wants to spend a lot of money on lawyers, and probably
> achieve very little in return for the expenditure, negative press is
> about all one can do and is what I'd expect as a reaction to something
> like that. I haven't paid much attention, so that might have changed, or
> then it might not have.

Yes, the no-reaction to any emails and not releasing their modification
is surely one reason. Also that a some point virus scanners warned (cf.
[1]) - though that was seemingly a false positive. (Actually, the latter
was the main reason that I added the warning.)

Until recently, the wording was: "builds were announced at
comp.lang.fortran and are said to work well - but is not affiliated with
any MinGW or GCC developer. Use at your own risk"

But I changed it to "builds were announced at comp.lang.fortran; note -
equation.com is not affiliated with any MinGW or GCC developer. Use at
your own risk".

The reason for the change was - as mentioned before - that the
equation.com builds fail for Polyhedron's rnflow.f90 test case
("internal compiler error: Segmentation fault"). As it works with the
builds from
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mingw-w64/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/,
it must be a bug in their builds. As they do not react, I cannot do much
about it. Another failure was recently mentioned on the gfortran mailing
list; that one was a bit odd linking problem, which seemingly went away
when choosing a different build.

Additionally, I heard from some MinGW64 developer that equation.com has
chosen some strange build options. As I am not using/building GCC for
Windows, I do not know the details.

Regarding Tim's
> The mingw64 cross compilers from the cygwin installation menu have worked well for me
> (with the exception of no gain for OpenMP).  I suppose they derive from sourceforge.

A MinGW64 developer has recently rewritten the POSIX thread support
library - before it used the one of MinGW (the 32bit project). The new
library is still work in progress, but it is said to be faster and more
robust. I think there are currently MinGW64 builds with the old and with
the new library.

And regarding equation.com's "64-bit quadmath buggy": That issue has
been fixed 2011-11-07 thus their 2011-11-11 should be OK. The reason was
that gcc 4.7 on MinGW64 now defaults to -mms-bitfields, which broke the
compilation of libquadmath. (See also discussion in another thread.)

Tobias

[1] http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=falsevirus
0
burnus (564)
11/16/2011 10:39:56 PM
On Nov 16, 9:16=A0am, Tobias Burnus <bur...@net-b.de> wrote:

> Well, at least the version I (and Polyhedron) tried gave an internal
> compiler error when compiling the Polyhedron benchmark
> (http://www.polyhedron.com/compare0html) while the MinGW64 builds at
> sourceforge.net work. As the latter are done by the MinGW64 developers,
> I would favour them. I also heard from someone having link errors with
> the equation.com builds.

I would favor the ones done by MinGW64 developers as well, but I
haven't found a handy "installer" version that specifies 64-bit.
0
tholen (16676)
11/16/2011 11:34:20 PM
On 17/11/2011 10:22 a.m., Steven G. Kargl wrote:

> Oh my, "Binaries distributed at this site are a variant of GCC"
>
> E.C has never explained what is meant by "are a variant".
>
> E.C has never answered my emails about the source
> code they use (and I know at least one other person).
>
> E.C appears to violate the GPL that they so proudly
> acknowledge in the above blurb.

I wonder what could be their motivation.
0
g.bogle2029 (107)

Mathematica toolbox for Matlab in Windows
Hi all, I download this package, but do not understand the last step of the installation instruction, as follows: '4)Open Matlab command window and run mathrun.m. This program will compile the C-file math.c. Be sure to change C:\XXX in mathrun.m.' Any hints will be appreciated. Thank you! ...

bit flipping for fixed point implementation!
Hi :) Has anyone tried to implement the algorithms presented in the following paper? http://www.cmsa.wmin.ac.uk/~artur/pdf/Paper16.pdf I'd be happy to see the code then if possible Best Regards Thomas ...

[News] Expert: PC (Windows) Users Under Increased Threat
Home PCs under increased threat, say experts ,----[ Quote ] | For Explorer, the window stays open an average nine days, compared with | just one day for Mozilla. | | Ominously, Turner says researchers are charting an increase in so-called | zero-day threats -- previously unknown malicious codes that come to | attention only after systems are compromised. | | Microsoft is promising its new Vista operating system will feature | enhanced security. Turner says research points to problems in the "beta" | version but stresses its robustness won't be known until the finished | produc...

gfortran
Dear all, is there a way to get gfortan on hp tru64? I downloaded the sources, but Im stuck now many thanks t. tv wrote: > Dear all, > is there a way to get gfortan on hp tru64? > > I downloaded the sources, but Im stuck now > > > many thanks > > t. TV, if I understood what I read correctly, this may not be quite so easy anymore, though undoubtedly possible. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you need g++ for the Alphas/Tru64 in order to compile G77 and g++ for Tru64 is only available through something like 3.1....

resize window to fit on 1 page
I have a record in a window that is printed only 2/3 part of the window on A4 landscape. So I would like to have the window scaled down for printing so that the whole record fits on an A4 landscape sheet. How to do that? I am using FMPro11Adv and will switch to FMPro13adv in the near future Thibaud In article <52acdfc6$0$4678$e4fe514c@dreader34.news.xs4all.nl>, Thibaud Taudin Chabot <tchabot@hccnet.nl> wrote: > > I have a record in a window that is printed only 2/3 part of the window > on A4 landscape. So I would like to have the window scaled down for >...

32 or 64 bit front-end on 64-bit Mac
Just installed Mathematica 6.0.2.1 on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.5.2 (Leopard). TThe system info (portions included below) reports that the Mathematica kernel is 64 bit as expected, it says the front end is 32 bit. Note that in that section, the processor type is reported as x86 not x86-64. SystemInformationData[{"Kernel" -> {"Version" -> "6.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (March 13, 2008)", "ReleaseID" -> "6.0.2 (1009763, 1009696)", ... "MachineType" -> "PC", "OperatingSystem...

GNOME nice bits

WndProc
Hi, I am trying to write a class which creates a window and then assigns a method of the class as the wndproc function for the window so that each instance of the class can handle the messages for its repective form. I am trying to do the following: class myWinClass { ..... private: LRESULT CALLBACK _wndProc(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM); ..... } ..... WNDCLASS wc; ..... wc.lpfnWndProc = (WNDPROC)&_wndProc; ..... But this raises the following compile error under Borland C++ 5.5 Compiler: "Cannot cast from 'long (__stdcall * (_closure )(HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long...

Re: Privacy Eroding, Bit by Byte #2
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Please see another message in this issue of the Digest from Monty Solomon discussing a company which makes 'body chip implants' for doctors and government agencies. PAT] Pat, please conceal my e-mail address as usual. Content advisory: There are a few quotes from the Bible in this message, specifically the prophetic book of Revelation. If that really offends you, please feel free to skip this message. I use them only to make a point, as you will see if you read on, but I know some people feel it is an affront to them to be exposed to anyth...

Bit Manipulation
I want to work with bits (e.g. 4-bit, 8-bit, ... or 32-bit blocks)Where can I find the functions for bits. For example left-shift, circular shift. I know that BitSet has logical AND, OR, XOR and ... But I need more detailed instructions. BitSet uses a default size of 64 bits. So I cannot work with a 4-bit and put two 4-bits together. Any Help Appreciated, Steve <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/bitwise.html> Why? I've never understood bit shifting. Although I appreciate it's neat, bit shifting seems academic. Thufir Hawat Hi Thufir, Thanks for ...

gfortran and maci64
I recently needed to create some 64-bit mex builds that included C++ and Fortran code on Mac OS X. Here's what worked for me: 1) Install gfortran 4.2 from http://r.research.att.com/tools/ and install Xcode 3.1 from Apple's Developer Tools website 2) Note that gfortran installs in '/usr/local/bin' and places libraries in '/usr/local/lib', so you may need to add the former to your bash profile if calling it outside of Matlab 3) run 'mex -setup' from the matlab command prompt and specify '1' for: 1: /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/bin/gccopts.sh : ...

The most important reason to dump Windows: our FREEDOM!
No, I don't mean freedom from licensing fees or even freedom to alter the software to your own needs, but something much more serious. Freedom as in not living in a police-state where the government crushes all opposition by fear and doubt (and sometimes some arm-twisting) and turning democracy into a hollow word. The Bush administration was a HUGE step backwards for the American democracy, but even if Obama tries to restore some of our Constitutional Rights, the train will keep on rolling, as it has already left the station. I'm adamant that Microsoft has BACKDOORED Windows left, rig...

A non-deterministic random bit generator
A POSIX C implementation of a non-deterministic RBG can be downloaded from www.tag.md/public/ Replaces insecure math-based RBGs. ...

Support for 64 bit
I was just wondering whether this issue could be used to promote Linux. Is there already Linux-distro for AMD Opteron and Intel Itanium processors? I surely remember seeing something about it but didn't delve into it because I don't yet own any such hardware. How is support from MS for these platforms? Then the 64-bit support is not only the operating system - it is the applications. Users of commercial applications have to wait and then PAY for upgrade to have 64-bit versions. On Linux side for example Gimp should be shortly available with no cost. or is it already available? Hav...

c program running 2 terminal windows, how to specify in which to write?
Hi all, I have a c program under linux, while running, it opens a new terminal windows using a system call. I would like to display messages on both windows. But I can't find a way to specify the terminal window I want to write in. The program is for chat and I want to keep a terminal window to write incoming messages, and use the other one for operation like sending messages or viewing list of nicks in the room.... To start the new window, i use the command: system("gnome-terminal"); but I really can't see if there is some possible way to write to it, al...

bit field compression
Hi, I am probably out of subject but I don't know a better place for it. I have some compressed images that I want to read. From the header, the only hint I have is AGI_BITFIELD I have a software (closed source) that can write such images. I found out that every row are compressed separately and the difference from the previous pixel is stored. The first byte define the size of the records If I compress the serie 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... The compressed data are: 11 ff ff 11 ff ff 11 ff ff 11 ff ff 11 (1,1 2bytes in total): 1bit per record, ff ff. All ones, which is all +...

Windows NT Internet FAQ, Part 2/2 #7
Archive-name: windows-nt/internet-faq/part2 Posting-Frequency: monthly Last-modified: 1994/12/30 Version: 1.1 Below is the rasphone.pbk entry for my Evergreen slip connection which uses my static IP address. [EVERGREEN SLIP] Description= AutoLogon=0 User= Domain= BaseProtocol=2 Authentication=-1 ExcludedProtocols=0 LcpExtensions=1 DataEncryption=0 SlipHeaderCompression=1 SlipFrameSize=1006 SlipIpAddress=198.60.143.32 SkipDownLevelDialog=0 I played around with a PPP connection using dynamic IP and it worked fine. This works because the PPP protocol negotiates th...

OpenMCL for Linux x86-64
An alpha version of OpenMCL for Linux x86-64 systems is now available. We're looking for people to help us test it. If you're interested, please contact us at info@clozure.com. OpenMCL is an open-source Common Lisp implementation for Linux and Mac OS X, licensed under a Lisp-specific variant of the LGPL. We're looking for users with x86-64 hardware (AMD Opteron, Athlon64, Turion64, etc, as well as Intel machines that offer what Intel calls "EM64T" extensions; unfortunately this does NOT include currently shipping Intel-based Macintoshes) with Linux distributions that ...

Free 32 bit lpr client?
John Chetwynd and I have been looking for a free 32 bit compatible lpr client. All we've found is R-Comp's chargeable (and rather expensive, for a private individual) version, and the free 26 bit version by Roger Gammans and Liam Gretton. Is there a free 32 bit one that we've missed? Is there any alternative printing protocol that could be used on an Iyonix to an Intel Netport Express? Dave In message of 14 Apr, Dave Higton <davehigton@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > John Chetwynd and I have been looking for a free 32 bit compatible lpr > client. All we'...

JTable Headers and Windows Vista
I just recently moved my Java application from Windows XP to Windows Vista. I'm using JRE 6.0, so things went relatively smoothly. However, I noticed that the headers of my JTables are extremely tall (height) in Windows Vista (under Aero). Does anybody know a fix for this or why this is happening? It's pretty ugly looking. Thanks see if there is a way you can manually specify the cell height On Apr 15, 7:39=A0pm, Chase Preuninger <chasepreunin...@gmail.com> wrote: > see if there is a way you can manually specify the cell height There was nothing that I could find. Jaso...

Still new ATARI 8 Bits and 2600 systems around.
I�ve found out that there are warehouses who still have new and boxed ATARI 8 Bit systems - usually 800 XL units or XEGS units , ATARI 2600 systems (usually the junior) and 7800 systems. And lots of games, since ATARI made so many. Anyone knows how to track such warehoused down ? How to find them , to contact them before they throw away the stuff because they need room ? I�ve often heard of warehouses throwing away tons of old computers, which is a shame (except if it were old PCs which usually are worthless). IMO it would be better to buy such overstocks from them for a few ...

gfortran
I need a resource that eplains how to use gfortran to debug a compilable fortran program with logic problems. Several of my programs from the FCC give me errors like the following : AM_ GWAV 1 <--- This is the real Main INTEGER S 2 <-- This statement is in a Subroutine after the real Main Two main programs at <1> and <2> Huh? Usually this happens when the subroutine declaration starts in the wrong column, or the preceding code is so riddled with errors that the compiler gets confised. These troubleshooting tricks don't ...

comp.archives.ms-windows.{announce,discuss} FAQ #42
Archive-name: windows/archives/faq Garbo-archive-name: ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/pd2/camwfaq.zip Last-modified: Tue 26-Apr-2005 12:54 Copyright (c) 1996-2005 by Timo Salmi All rights reserved =========================================================== P L E A S E R E A D T H I S B E F O R E A S K I N G =========================================================== Frequently Asked Questions of the Usenet newsgroups comp.archives.ms-windows.announce comp.archives.ms-windows.discuss ================================================================== 1) What is the purpose of...

STL errors in 64 bit compilation
Hi, I am porting a 32 bit code to 64 bit.I am compiling the code with 64-bit compiler for AMD machine. I am getting the following errors which are related to STL Library. Processing directory Ui... cframe.cpp G:\NewUIPackers\drivers\Unser\public\VectorIterator.h(102) : warning C4346: 'std::vector<_Ty>::iterator' : dependent name is not a type prefix with 'typename' to indicate a type G:\NewUIPackers\drivers\Unser\public\VectorIterator.h(104) : see reference to class template instantiation 'VectorIterator<Item>' being compiled G:\NewUIPackers\drivers\Unser\p...

how do gfortran and ifort deal with C head files?
hi,everyone: I have a fortran package which has many .h files which are 'include'd by fortran sources. I cated those .h files, all are #define . I can compile the package using g95, g95 -cpp XXX.f90 or transfer it by g95 -cpp -E XXX.f90 > YYY.f90 but how do gfortran and ifort deal with this? thanks for your help. In article <29196bd4-2bbb-415e-9c7d-701ffa4dcc0d@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, s1166@sohu.com writes: > hi,everyone: > > I have a fortran package which has many .h files which are 'include'd > by fortran sources. I cated those .h files, all ...