ifort: error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist. [COMPILER_OPTIONS]

module cgca_m1co
use iso_fortran_env, only: compiler_options, compiler_version
implicit none

private compiler_options, compiler_version
character(*),parameter :: compiled_by = compiler_version()
character(*),parameter :: compiled_with = compiler_options()

which is copied from MFE, p.385.

Compiling with 12.0.2 20110112:

ifort -c -coarray -free -fPIC -I. -warn all  cgca_m1co.f90
cgca_m1co.f90(7): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist.   [COMPILER_OPTIONS]
use iso_fortran_env, only: compiler_options, compiler_version
---------------------------^
cgca_m1co.f90(7): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist.   [COMPILER_VERSION]
use iso_fortran_env, only: compiler_options, compiler_version
---------------------------------------------^
cgca_m1co.f90(11): error #6259: This array or function or substring is invalid in constant expressions.   [COMPILER_VERSION]
character(*),parameter :: compiled_by = compiler_version()
----------------------------------------^
cgca_m1co.f90(12): error #6259: This array or function or substring is invalid in constant expressions.   [COMPILER_OPTIONS]
character(*),parameter :: compiled_with = compiler_options()
------------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for cgca_m1co.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [cgca_m1co.mod] Error 1

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Anton
0
Anton
3/8/2013 10:05:28 AM
comp.lang.fortran 11941 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Op vrijdag 8 maart 2013 11:05:28 UTC+1 schreef Anton Shterenlikht het volgende:

> What am I doing wrong?

IIUIC, these parameters are part of the F2008 standard and may not be supported
by that version of Intel Fortran.

Regards,

Arjen
0
Arjen
3/8/2013 10:12:27 AM
Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> module cgca_m1co
> use iso_fortran_env, only: compiler_options, compiler_version
> implicit none

Note that those functions have been added in Fortran 2008.

> Compiling with 12.0.2 20110112:

And ifort 12.0 is not the newest version of the compiler.

> What am I doing wrong?

You are using a too new feature or a too old compiler.

(I don't know in which version those functions were or will be added to
ifort. In case of gfortran, they exist since GCC 4.6; 4.6.0 was released
on 2011-03-25.)

Tobias
0
Tobias
3/8/2013 10:13:06 AM
Tobias Burnus <burnus@net-b.de> writes:

>Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>> module cgca_m1co
>> use iso_fortran_env, only: compiler_options, compiler_version
>> implicit none

>Note that those functions have been added in Fortran 2008.

>> Compiling with 12.0.2 20110112:

>And ifort 12.0 is not the newest version of the compiler.

>> What am I doing wrong?

>You are using a too new feature or a too old compiler.

Thank you

I'm developing a library. I wanted to add compiler_version()
to the library, and then warn the user if they compile
the program with a different compiler or a different
version of the same compiler. Is this a good idea?

Although I understand the *mod files produced by
different compilers are completely incompatible,
so the user simply will not be able to use a different
compiler to that used to build a library. It simply
will not build, right?

But the warning on the different compiler version
between the library and the program is useful, I think,
particularly in (the unlikely) cases when the program
is built with an older version then the library.

Thanks

Anton
0
Anton
3/8/2013 10:37:06 AM
Op vrijdag 8 maart 2013 11:37:06 UTC+1 schreef Anton Shterenlikht het volgende:

> I'm developing a library. I wanted to add compiler_version()
> to the library, and then warn the user if they compile
> the program with a different compiler or a different
> version of the same compiler. Is this a good idea?
>
> Although I understand the *mod files produced by
> different compilers are completely incompatible,
> so the user simply will not be able to use a different
> compiler to that used to build a library. It simply
> will not build, right?

That is right - the build will fail.

> But the warning on the different compiler version
> between the library and the program is useful, I think,
> particularly in (the unlikely) cases when the program
> is built with an older version then the library.

What about the scenario that you want to build the library
with a compiler that does not support these functions yet?

You could provide dummies in that case - though that requires
separate source code.

Regards,

Arjen
0
Arjen
3/8/2013 10:54:43 AM
"Anton Shterenlikht" <mexas@mech-cluster241.men.bris.ac.uk> wrote in message
[snip]
> But the warning on the different compiler version
> between the library and the program is useful, I think,
> particularly in (the unlikely) cases when the program
> is built with an older version then the library.

I can only speak for XL Fortran, but I suspect other compilers are similar:
Module symbol files (*.mod) are versioned.  If you try to use a module
compiled with a version of the same compiler that uses an incompatible
module symbol file format, the compiler will give an error message and the
program won't build.  So, in theory, you don't need to check the compiler
version in your library.  If you decide to check it, please note that the
Fortran standard does not specify a format for the string returned by
compiler_version.  So there is no portable way to parse it to know whether
the program is being built with an older version of the compiler than the
minimum required by the library.  Even the level of detail might vary.  For
example, some vendors might choose to put in just the major version number,
while others might include patch levels.  Normally, patches to the same
compiler version are compatible.  So you wouldn't want your library built
with version n patch 2 to complain if a user is compiling with version n
patch 1, unless you know for sure that patch 2 introduced an incompatible
change.

tl;dr:  If you expect programs that link to your library to always use your
module, I recommend leaving compatibility checking to the compiler.
Having the compiler version and options in your library is still useful for
informational / rebuild purposes.

Regards

Rafik
Visit the Fortran Cafe at
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/groups/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=b10932b4-0edd-4e61-89f2-6e478ccba9aa

0
Rafik

varargin (no name list) vs. if (has name list)
Hi if one uses varargin, like function varlist2(X,Y,varargin) one doesn't know what name the varargin really is. I try: function varlist2(X,Y) fprintf('%d \n',X); if(isequal(X,2)) fprintf('%d \n',Y); end end then >> varlist2(1) 1 >> varlist2(2) 2 ??? Input argument "Y" is undefined. Error in ==> varlist2 at 4 fprintf('%d \n',Y); >> varlist2(2,5) 2 5 It works and also has varargin: Y and also have a good name. Isn't this better? Mike Your question isn't entirely clear. Do you...

Re: proving NAME ERROR (was: Re: [dns-operations] NXDOMAIN vs NODATA for suffixes of existing name)
At 22:44 +0200 4/18/06, Roy Arends wrote: >The response would include > >13 NSEC3 14 to show there's a g.h.example. >5 NSEC3 10 to show there's no g.g.h.example. > >And that is the beauty of the closest encloser. Since you've proved that >g.h.example is the closest encloser, by showing g.g.h.example does not >exist, you don't have to prove anything CLOSER exist. Okay, it's not as bad as I thought. The second NSEC3 record to me is a significant difference from the NSEC approach, the difference is caused by losing the tree structure in...

Re: proving NAME ERROR (was: Re: [dns-operations] NXDOMAIN vs NODATA for suffixes of existing name)
I'm going to respond to this email before reading all of it - as a thought exercise. At 17:57 +0200 4/18/06, Roy Arends wrote: >During the NSEC3 pre-workshop, we determined that the content of NSEC3's >when using the identity hash (effectively no hashing at all) are >essentially the same as NSEC. And thus the method (proving absence) used >for NSEC3 must work on NSEC as well. It does work, and I'll try to >describe here how. Off the cuff, I don't think that's a valid assertion. The reason is that NSEC deals with identities in tree-space, NSE...

List of lists of lists of lists...
I would like to have a list of lists N times deep, and my solution is (in pseudocode): def deep(x): a=[x] return a mylist=[] for N: mylist=deep(mylist) Is there a more elegant way to do it? The maine idea is: from a list having the numbre of steps along N dimensions, generate a list with an item at each possible point. Example 1: N=2 list=[2,3] result=[[1,2],[1,2],[1,2]] Example 2: N=3 list=[3,1,2] result=[[[1,2,3]],[[1,2,3]]] -- Ángel Gutiérrez Rodríguez - agr@fq.uniovi.es Instituto de Ciencia de los Materiales de Madrid - CSIC SpLine - European Syncrothorn Radiat...

Problem with table of contents name and with "list of listings" name
Hi, I would like the automatic table of contents to have as chapter title "Table of Contents" rather than "Contents". I have tried putting in the preamble and/or in the main body the following lines: \providecommand*{\contentsname}{} \renewcommand*{\contentsname}{Table of Contents} However the displayed chapter heading is still "Contents" Along the same lines I am using the listing package and when I use the \lstlistoflistings command I get as chapter heading "Contents" which I would like to change to "List of Listings" (or some such). I a...

list of lists of lists ....
Hi, I have a list of data (type A) my list can includes element of type A or a lists, these list can includes element of type A or a lists, and so on ... is there a simple way to obtain a single list of all the elemets of type A ? thanks yomgui I forgot the most important, I am looking for a non recursive method. thanks yomgui yomgui wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a list of data (type A) > my list can includes element of type A or a lists, > these list can includes element of type A or a lists, and so on ... > > is there a simple way to obtain a single list of all the elemets > of type A ? > > thanks > > yomgui recursion. def get_As(L): res = [] for elem in L: if isinstance(elem, A): res.append(elem) elif isinstance(elem, list): res += get_As(elem) return res i also have a Tree class in my rc: http://home.comcast.net/~faulkner612/programming/python/pythonrc.py yomgui wrote: > Hi, > > I have a list of data (type A) > my list can includes element of type A or a lists, > these list can includes element of type A or a lists, and so on ... > > is there a simple way to obtain a single list of all the elemets > of type A ? > > thanks > > yomgui doh. ok, so, recursion is just functional programming sugar for a loop. def get_As(L): checking = [elem for elem in L if isinstance(elem, list)] # the equivalent of elem in recursion all_As =...

"Object name exists" error
Hey guys, It has been a couple of years since I have coded in MS Access and I have hit a snag early on that I can't quite remember what to do! I am running Access 2003 (file in 2000 format) and using DAO. I want to copy the tabledefs from one database (dbSource below) into my current database (db below). I am trying to flex my DAO muscles so DAO solutions only please (i.e. I can do this in SQL already; i just like to know different ways to attack a problem). Here is my code. I have marked the line where things go to heck: Public Sub LinkTables() Dim tdfSource As DAO.TableDe...

I have a problem. My VI is showing a error, but in the error list they say error = 0
The arrow is broken, but the error list is clear. I can't see the error and I can't run the VI. Someone have some suggest? Hello Luis i have seen this behaviour by myself after changing a StrictTypedef and save/closing it without "Apply Changes". Maybe a Masscompile helps. greetings chris Thank you Chris. How do you have the solution? ...

ERROR: relation "[table name]" does not exist
Hooray! It's my first PostGreSQL error! I just downloaded and installed PGS for the first time. I've set up a table with pgAdminIII, amended my connection string, tried to connect to it with an ASP script originally written for MSSQL. The error I get is: ERROR: relation "[table name]" does not exist Also when trying to execute SQL statements through pgAdminIII, it tells me that the tables I'm trying to alter do not exist. I've given everything ALL public permissions and have checked the case of database and table names, but so far no luck. I ...

ctypes: error passing a list of str to a fortran dll
I'm using ctypes to call a fortran dll from python. I have no problems passing integer and double arryas, but I have an error with str arrys. For example: ..... StringVector = c_char_p * len(id) # id is a list of strings Id_dat=StringVector() for i in range(len(Id)): ....Id_dat[i]=id[i] n=c_int(len(Id_dat)) myDll = windll.LoadLibrary(org) myDll.myFunc(byref(n), byref(Id_dat)) and then ValueError: Procedure probably called with not enough arguments (4 bytes missing) In a similar way I have bo problemns with int or double arryas Some suggestions are wellcome ! luis wrote: > I&#...

Q: Name range list SAS doc errors
Hi friends, Name range lists u/i SAS 8 have the form: FirstVar -- LastVar, and so says the SAS 8 online doc. The SAS 9 online doc says the form is: FirstVar - LastVar (one dash), while the (downloadable) SAS manual (base_lrconcept_8943.pdf) says it is: FirstVar --- LastVar (three dashes). I would say one dash can not be valid as that indicates a numbered range list, which may yield a different list than a named range list with same first and last variables. So I did some experiment with SAS 9.1.3: DATA Test; X1=1; X3=3; X5=5; X4=4; X2=2; RUN; TITLE 'one dash'; PROC PRINT DATA=Test; ...

ERROR: relation "[table name]" does not exist
Hooray! It's my first PostGreSQL error! I just downloaded and installed PGS for the first time. I've set up a table with pgAdminIII, amended my connection string, tried to connect to it with an ASP script originally written for MSSQL. The error I get is: ERROR: relation "[table name]" does not exist Also when trying to execute SQL statements through pgAdminIII, it tells me that the tables I'm trying to alter do not exist. I've given everything ALL public permissions and have checked the case of database and table names, but so far no luck. I ...

Windows System Error
I found this out the hard way. When you see this WinXP error message: * Windows System Error - A duplicate name exists on the network. If you indeed have two computers with the same computer name, then the solution should be obvious. But, if you don't have two computers with the same computer name, then, read the Microsoft knowledge base (KB) 822659 article: * <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822659> Which says, in part: * This problem may be caused by a NetBIOS name conflict * between the workstation and either another workstation * with the same Net...

Error Base/1003 Variable does not exist: NAME (Aieeee!)
Hi Folks, I hope someone can help me see through the glue.... I seem to be looking at the SAME few possibiliteis over and over again and cannot find my screw-up. I need a fresh look. I have a routein that uses four (4) large files that are linked togeher with common index fields. At one point, if the variables call for it, this routein needs to open a fifth database and append a new record. When the rroutein gets to the statement ... 5->( dbcommit() ) ... I will get this error: Error Base/1003 Variable does not exist: NAME My only notion is that the active pointer isn't looking at...

Re: fetching method names from a class, and the parameter list from a methodRe: fetching method names from a class, and the parameter list from a method
>>> import inspect >>> help(inspect) Thanks, I have not seen the func params yet, but the default values are so .... Regards, Philippe -- *************************** Philippe C. Martin SnakeCard LLC www.snakecard.com *************************** ...

NAME! and NAME@ versus !NAME and @NAME
Leo Brodie's Forth style guide says: save value of (to stack) @name restore value of !name store into name! fetch from name@ I don't understand when it's appropriate to use @name or !name, and when to use name@ or name!. My research so far: The Standard use the latter a lot: C!, 2! R@, F!, DEFER@, etc. But the former seems to be rare. I found !CSP and !BITS in some traditional Forths. Machine Forth use A!/A@ to access the contents of the A register, and !A/@A to access memory. Any ...

add checkbox list with placeholder names dynamically to existing pdf
How to add a checkboxlist placeholder names dynamically to existing pdf tem= plate using itextsharp.=20 Suppose I have a query like "select * from table1" which returns 7 rows tha= t means i have to add 7 checkboxes dynamically to a particular location in = a existing pdf. The placeholders for these will not have any value by defau= lt. I would populate them using forms.Setfield() after getting the value fr= om database. Please help ...

Sort a List, in a List of Lists of Lists
Dear Mathgroup, I have a lsit of Lists of Lists: {{{1,2},{2,1},{1,1}},{{1,1},{1,1},{1,2}},{{2,1},{2,2},{1,2}},{{2,2},{1,2},{2,2}},{{1,1},{2,1},{1,2}},{{1,2},{2,2},{2,2}}} I would like to sort the elements in the lowest level of brackets to give {{{1, 2}, {1, 2}, {1, 1}}, {{1, 1}, {1, 1}, {1, 2}}, {{1, 2}, {2, 2}, {1, 2}}, {{2, 2}, {1, 2}, {2, 2}}, {{1, 1}, {1, 2}, {1, 2}}, {{1, 2}, {2, 2}, {2, 2}}} i.e retaining the same structure with the paired elements in the original order. I can't seem to get the syntax right to do this apart from the obvious {{Sort[{1,...

named-checkzone error "NSEC node already exists"
--00163630e869ed2ed50496c3d6e6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi, Running BIND 9.7.0-P2-RedHat-9.7.0-5.P2.el6 New setup/install and attempting to setup DNSSEC and clean any dirty data. Got the zone signed and ran named-checkzone against it and got the following (11) times: addnode: NSEC node already exists The .signed loads but want to have clean before going live and not sure how to narrow down where these eleven duplicates are coming from? See these repeated eleven times in debug.log for each start of named, running debug of 3 06-Dec-2010 14:43:39.266 ...

&quot;LLB of that name already exists&quot; Error
Hi - &nbsp; I just tried to move a LabVIEW VI from a desktop to a&nbsp;laptop PC.&nbsp; 6-year-old desktop wasn't powerful enough to run the program. &nbsp; In order to group the main VI with the sub VIs, I used the "create folder" option.&nbsp; I then copied this over to the laptop.&nbsp; The&nbsp;laptop has operated LabVIEW for a while.&nbsp; I also recently loaded the drivers for Labjack U12 onto it (my program reads voltages from a Labjack). &nbsp; I was able to run the program perfectly fine until I restarted the computer.&nbsp; When ...

Looking for Fortran command to get file names from arg lists in executable
fortran command for c command strcopy(infile, argv[1]) In article <127d1168-5eba-4fbe-8bde-d0725878e2c9@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, sara_patty <k_partha@yahoo.com> wrote: >fortran command for c command strcopy(infile, argv[1]) That's going to depend on the fortran compiler, not upon C. comp.lang.fortran would be the appropriate newsgroup. [OT] See http://www.winteracter.com/f2kcli/ -- "I will speculate that [...] applications [...] could actually see a performance boost for most users by going dual-core [...] because it is running the adware and spyware th...

RE: [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: Serialize wxList - Found word(s) list error in the Text body
Hi Jorgen your approach is modelled along the MFC serialization idea, the approach = I mentioned is based on the XTI metadata provided for an object. So the = streaming itself is not coded anymore, but the metadata for a new class = is. The streaming process now iterates over the attributes, processes = callbacks that avoid streaming out undesired attributes (eg x and y in a = sizer dialog), suppresses default values etc. This also means that the = streaming in survives missing attributes, as long as they are either not = mandatory params for ::Create or have a default value. B...

"error: cannot read:" (use the list file name written in a file)
Hello: When I compile the java source using command javac javatest\kernel\*.java it's perfectly work but I have a lot of source code and distribute over many directories So I write a file that contains: javatest\data\*.java javatest\kernel\*.java .... names this file as "makefile.txt" and use the command javac @makefile.txt but I got a error error: cannot read: javatest\data\*.java please help me Eric Chen On 24 Feb 2004 04:27:48 -0800, Eric wrote: > So I write a file that contains: > javatest\data\*.java > javatest\kernel\*.java > ... > names this file as &q...

exp error : ORA-00942: table or view does not exist on tables with lowercase names
When trying to do and export from command line e.g. exp userid=system@globaldb log=log.txt owner=rbs We get the following error(s): EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered ORA-00942: table or view does not exist EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully We are running Oracle 9i on win2k server... tables names were created in lowercase and this can not be avoided because there is too much code to change in the application :(. This is most frustrating because there is no other way to backup data (apart from backup which requires OMS which we are having problems with too) We have tried a simple test on another machine create a table "test1" export and import data and it works file. Is there something wrong with the installation? Or is Oracle a nice expensive tool that sits in the corner looks good on paper and does nothing at all! GX "GX" <mailme_gx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4a51f3f8.0312090301.59473681@posting.google.com... > When trying to do and export from command line e.g. > exp userid=system@globaldb log=log.txt owner=rbs > We get the following error(s): > > EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered > ORA-00942: table or view does not exist > EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA > EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully > > We are running Oracle 9i on win2k server... > tab...

Web resources about - ifort: error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist. [COMPILER_OPTIONS] - comp.lang.fortran