Intel Fortran 16.0 (in Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016) now available

Version 16 of the Intel Fortran Compiler, for Linux, OS X and Windows,
is now available as part of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016. If your
support license is current you can get the new version from
https://registrationcenter.intel.com/

New features of this version include:
- Submodules (Fortran 2008)
- IMPURE ELEMENTAL (Fortran 2008)
- EXIT from BLOCK (Fortran 2008)
- Full TS29113 (Fortran 2015 Further Interoperability with C), including
C descriptors
- Improved coarray performance (Linux and Windows)
- On Windows, support for Visual Studio 2015 (includes VS2013-based
Fortran IDE if you don't have a supported VS)

For more information, see the release notes at
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-160-release-notes

--
Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/
Intel Software Development Products Support
   http://software.intel.com/sites/support/
My Fortran blog
   http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran

Refer to http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/optimization-notice
for more information regarding performance and optimization choices in
Intel software products.
0
Steve
8/25/2015 8:08:42 PM
comp.lang.fortran 11941 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 8/25/2015 3:08 PM, Steve Lionel wrote:
> Version 16 of the Intel Fortran Compiler, for Linux, OS X and Windows, is now available as part of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016. If
> your support license is current you can get the new version from https://registrationcenter.intel.com/
>
> New features of this version include:
> - Submodules (Fortran 2008)
> - IMPURE ELEMENTAL (Fortran 2008)
> - EXIT from BLOCK (Fortran 2008)
> - Full TS29113 (Fortran 2015 Further Interoperability with C), including C descriptors
> - Improved coarray performance (Linux and Windows)
> - On Windows, support for Visual Studio 2015 (includes VS2013-based Fortran IDE if you don't have a supported VS)
>
> For more information, see the release notes at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-160-release-notes

Is the earliest supported MS Visual Studio the 2013 version?

Thanks,
Lynn
0
Lynn
8/25/2015 11:37:42 PM
On 2015-08-26 9:37 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 8/25/2015 3:08 PM, Steve Lionel wrote:
>> Version 16 of the Intel Fortran Compiler, for Linux, OS X and Windows,
>> is now available as part of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016. If
>> your support license is current you can get the new version from
>> https://registrationcenter.intel.com/
>>
>> New features of this version include:
>> - Submodules (Fortran 2008)
>> - IMPURE ELEMENTAL (Fortran 2008)
>> - EXIT from BLOCK (Fortran 2008)
>> - Full TS29113 (Fortran 2015 Further Interoperability with C),
>> including C descriptors
>> - Improved coarray performance (Linux and Windows)
>> - On Windows, support for Visual Studio 2015 (includes VS2013-based
>> Fortran IDE if you don't have a supported VS)
>>
>> For more information, see the release notes at
>> https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-160-release-notes
>>

> Is the earliest supported MS Visual Studio the 2013 version?

Visual Studio 2010.

0
Ian
8/26/2015 6:46:42 AM
Is there any plan to have Fortran support for ARM architecture as Intel C++ does?

Thank you.
Hossein
0
Hossein
8/26/2015 1:12:23 PM
On 8/26/2015 9:12 AM, Hossein wrote:

> Is there any plan to have Fortran support for ARM architecture as Intel C++ does?

No, and I don't see anything that says Intel C++ supports ARM. Where are
you seeing that? We do sell Android development products that also
include gcc for ARM targets.

--
Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division
Intel Corporation
Merrimack, NH

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/
Intel Software Development Products Support
   http://software.intel.com/sites/support/
My Fortran blog
   http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran

Refer to http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/optimization-notice
for more informati
0
Steve
8/26/2015 2:03:52 PM
On 8/26/2015 2:46 AM, Ian Harvey wrote:
>> Is the earliest supported MS Visual Studio the 2013 version?
>
> Visual Studio 2010.

True, but support of VS2010 is "deprecated", meaning that it will go
away in the next major version (a year from now or thereabouts).

--
Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division
Intel Corporation
Merrimack, NH

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/
Intel Software Development Products Support
   http://software.intel.com/sites/support/
My Fortran blog
   http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran

Refer to http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/optimization-notice
for more informati
0
Steve
8/26/2015 2:04:53 PM
I have seen this:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/intel-c-compiler-for-android-4-new-horizons-creating-apps-for-arm-and-intel-architecture

and this: https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/creating-an-x86-and-arm-apk-using-the-intelr-compiler-and-gnu-gcc

I did not look in detail to see if Intel C++ really does it.
0
Hossein
8/28/2015 8:05:31 AM
On 8/25/2015 3:08 PM, Steve Lionel wrote:
> Version 16 of the Intel Fortran Compiler, for Linux, OS X and Windows,
> is now available as part of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016. If your
> support license is current you can get the new version from
> https://registrationcenter.intel.com/
>
> New features of this version include:
> - Submodules (Fortran 2008)
> - IMPURE ELEMENTAL (Fortran 2008)
> - EXIT from BLOCK (Fortran 2008)
> - Full TS29113 (Fortran 2015 Further Interoperability with C), including
> C descriptors
> - Improved coarray performance (Linux and Windows)
> - On Windows, support for Visual Studio 2015 (includes VS2013-based
> Fortran IDE if you don't have a supported VS)
>
> For more information, see the release notes at
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-160-release-notes

No research necessary, just wondering...

My IVF/VS install at work was broken by an MS Office upgrade, waiting
for a fix...I'm using GINO which is compatible with V11 and V12 (i.e.
3rd party compiled modules included)...how much newer IVF is 'likely' to
still be compatible with those V12 compiled GINO modules if I upgrade?
0
Gary
8/28/2015 12:47:16 PM
On 8/28/2015 8:47 AM, Gary Scott wrote:
> My IVF/VS install at work was broken by an MS Office upgrade, waiting
> for a fix...I'm using GINO which is compatible with V11 and V12 (i.e.
> 3rd party compiled modules included)...how much newer IVF is 'likely' to
> still be compatible with those V12 compiled GINO modules if I upgrade?

We try very hard to maintain upward compatibility of compiled objects
and modules. I don't think we have broken this in many years (and only
then because we had to due to bugs or inadequate module representation.)
Your GINO .mod files should be fine.

--
Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division
Intel Corporation
Merrimack, NH

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/
Intel Software Development Products Support
   http://software.intel.com/sites/support/
My Fortran blog
   http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran

Refer to http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/optimization-notice
for more information regarding performance and optimization choices in
Intel software products.
0
Steve
8/28/2015 1:41:19 PM
On 8/28/2015 4:05 AM, Hossein wrote:
> I have seen this:
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/intel-c-compiler-for-android-4-new-horizons-creating-apps-for-arm-and-intel-architecture
>
> and this: https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/creating-an-x86-and-arm-apk-using-the-intelr-compiler-and-gnu-gcc
>
> I did not look in detail to see if Intel C++ really does it.

It doesn't - a clue is in your second link, "using the Intel compiler
and GNU gcc." What INDE provides is a uniform development environment
that uses the Intel C++ compiler for compiling for Android-IA and gcc
for compiling for Android-ARM, without source changes. The idea is that
using Intel tools for developing your Android application lets you
target both IA and ARM devices without additional effort. As there are a
growing number of IA-powered Android devices out there, app developers
should find this useful.

Intel isn't doing Fortran for Android at this time.

--
Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division
Intel Corporation
Merrimack, NH

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/
Intel Software Development Products Support
   http://software.intel.com/sites/support/
My Fortran blog
   http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran

Refer to http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/optimization-notice
for more information regarding performance and optimization choices in
Intel software products.
0
Steve
8/28/2015 1:47:02 PM
On 8/25/2015 4:08 PM, Steve Lionel wrote:
> Version 16 of the Intel Fortran Compiler, for Linux, OS X and Windows,
> is now available as part of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016. If your
> support license is current you can get the new version from
> https://registrationcenter.intel.com/

Please also see https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/590621 for
important information on licensing changes and, for Windows users, tips
on installing with Visual Studio.

--
Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division
Intel Corporation
Merrimack, NH

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/
Intel Software Development Products Support
   http://software.intel.com/sites/support/
My Fortran blog
   http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran

Refer to http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/optimization-notice
for more information regarding performance and optimization choices in
Intel software products.
0
Steve

Is "Intel Parallel Studio" Useful for Fortran with OpenMP Is "Intel Parallel Studio" Useful for Fortran with OpenMP
I have recieved some marketing blather for the Intel Parallel Studio. They keep changing the name so it is hard to keep track of things. The package seems to be both C and Fortran compilers with a collection of parallel tools. There is a smaller version with just the C compiler. I did not find the one with just the Fortran compiler. :-( (Would Dr. Fortran please talk to the marketing guys about their missed oprotunity.) Can anyone comment on which of the tools are useful for debugging and/or tuning Fortran with OpenMP? I will be mostly interested in Windows. I have been lucky as I se...

Intel Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 (compiler 14.0) now available
Intel [Visual] Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1, with compiler version 14.0 and Intel Math Kernel Library 11.1, for Windows, Linux and OS X, is now available from the Intel Registration Center (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/). New features of this release include: - Support for the User-Defined Derived Type I/O feature of Fortran 2003 - Support for developing and debugging, on Windows, applications that use Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors - Support for coarray images that run on Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors (Linux and Windows only) - A new option of an "online installer&qu...

Intel Fortran Compiler 11.0 Now Available
Intel Fortran Compiler 11.0 for Linux, MacOS X and Windows is now available from the Intel Registration Center (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/). New features include: * Features from Fortran 2003 o Enumerators o Type extension (not polymorphic) o Allocatable scalar variables (not deferred-length character) o ERRMSG keyword for ALLOCATE and DEALLOCATE o SOURCE keyword for ALLOCATE o MAX/MIN/MAXVAL/MINVAL/MAXLOC/MINLOC with CHARACTER arguments o Intrinsic modules IEEE_EXCEPTIONS, IEEE_ARITHMETIC and IE...

Intel Fortran Compilers 8.0 for Windows and Linux now available
Intel is announcing today the availability of Version 8..0 of the Intel Fortran Compilers for Windows and Linux, including Intel Visual Fortran 8.0, the successor to Compaq Visual Fortran. The press release is at http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20031209dev.htm You can read more about the release at http://developer.intel.com/software/products/compilers/fwin/ (Windows) and http://developer.intel.com/software/products/compilers/flin/ (Linux). Intel Fortran 8.0 combines the best technologies from Compaq Fortran and Intel Fortran to create a new line of compatible compilers for...

Introducing Intel Fortran Studio XE 2011
The following new or revised products were introduced today: - Intel (Visual) Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 6, including Intel (Visual) Fortran Compiler 12.1 and some new shiny toys for users of Visual Studio 2010, including the return of Source Browser. Please be sure to read the compiler release notes (http://intel.ly/FortranXE11RN) for more info - Intel Fortran Studio XE 2011 - see http://intel.ly/nCnqJQ for more details - Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 for Windows with IMSL 6.0. Please note that there is new run-time licensing that goes into effect with this version. Se...

Help needed! Fortran Dll works for compaq fortran not for Intel Fortran
Dear all, I am porting a compaq fortran project (version 6.x) over to the intel fortran compiler (version 8.0). However, crash always happens at the internal write statement under the intel fortran compiler. ========= project brief: ========= The soultion comprises two parts, one is the c++ project, which in charge of the user interface, the other project is a Fortran Dll project. The Fortran Dll is invoked by the C++ project. the problem I meet here is every simple, the C++ project is just a framework of the dialog based mfc win32 application. In the code response to the click OK button, it...

OMP Parallel for MS Visual Studio with Intel Fortran
I have been working on a simulator that simulates multiple objects simultaneously. I use MS Visual Studio with Intel Fortran on Windows and Intel Fortran on Linux. I have made everything within the main simulation loop pure so that we could try making the simulator run faster on multi-processor machines. I added the OMP Parallel Do construct around the main simulation loop. The simulator immediately ran 45% faster on a two processor Linux machine, but the same code is a tiny bit slower on the Windows machine. Do I need to do something extra in MS Visual Studio to get it to generate code that ...

Open Beta of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016
The beta test for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016, including Intel Fortran Compiler XE 16.0, has begun. For more details, a FAQ and a registration link, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016-beta Major Fortran features supported in this release are: Submodules from Fortran 2008 IMPURE ELEMENTAL from Fortran 2008 "Further Interoperability with C" features from TS29113 (Fortran 2015 draft) There are additional minor language features supported, plus other improvements. The release notes have more details. As requested in the art...

Intel Fortran Compiler Version 9.1 Now Available
Intel(R) Visual Fortran 9.1 for Windows* and Intel Fortran Compiler 9.1 for Linux* are now available. New features include: - Support for Microsoft* Visual Studio 2005 (Windows) - Improved run-time performance optimizations - Support for additional features from Fortran 2003 - Optimizations to enhance performance on the new Intel(R) Core(TM) and Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 processors In addition, the Linux compiler is available as a separate product including a new feature, Cluster OpenMP*, a simple means of extending OpenMP parallelism to 64-bit clusters. Please see the product release notes for f...

Intel Fortran Compiler version 11.1 now available
Intel Fortran Compiler version 11.1 is now available. Customers with current support licenses can download it for no additional charge from the Intel Registration Center at https://registrationcenter.intel.com/ The major new features in this release include Fortran 2003 object-oriented features (CLASS, polymorphism, etc.), type-bound procedures and deferred-length character. For more details, please see the release notes (available for download alongside the compiler.) For Windows users, the included IDE is now based on Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. If you are currently using Intel ...

Help needed! Fortran Dll works for compaq fortran not for Intel Fortran #2
Dear all, I am porting a compaq fortran project (version 6.x) over to the intel fortran compiler (version 8.0). However, crash always happens at the internal write statement under the intel fortran compiler. ========= project brief: ========= The soultion comprises two parts, one is the c++ project, which in charge of the user interface, the other project is a Fortran Dll project. The Fortran Dll is invoked by the C++ project. the problem I meet here is every simple, the C++ project is just a framework of the dialog based mfc win32 application. In the code response to the click OK button, it...

Intel fortran and fortran 77 standard!
Hi! I am trying to recompile lapack 3.0 with Intel fortran, but I am getting compiler errors in ilaenv.f I tried to skip that file to see what happens, but there are more errors. Can Lapack be compiled with Intel compiler at all? I was using CVF 6.1 by now and any hints on how to avoid trouble are welcome. Thanks! Atmapuri. "Atmapuri" <janez.makovsek@usa.net> wrote in message news:QN6jc.1589$37.232466@news.siol.net... > Hi! > > I am trying to recompile lapack 3.0 with Intel > fortran, but I am getting compiler errors in ilaenv.f > I tried to skip that file...

Compaq Visual Fortran v6.6 Professional, Intel Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL V8.0.048
Compaq Visual Fortran v6.6 Professional, Intel Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL V8.0.048 - new ! Intel Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL V8.0.048 CD NR 15 878 BVisual Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL v8.0.048 - Intel Soft 15 798 INTEL.FORTRAN.COMPILER.V8.0.048 INTEL.FORTRAN.COMPILER.V8.0.IMSL.v5.0 INTEL.VTUNE.PERFORMANCE.ANALYZER.V7.1A Intel.Fortran.Compiler.for.Windows.v7.1.022 Compaq Visual Fortran v6.6 Professional 11 299 for more info, and for other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! ple...

How to setup non-advancing Input/Output in Intel Parallel XE FORTRAN compiler
Hello Everybody, I want to setup non-advancing Input/output statement for following program: PROGRAM Areaofcircle IMPLICIT NONE REAL:: radius,area REAL, PARAMETER:: pi=3.141592 WRITE(*,*,ADVANCE='NO') 'Enter the radius of circle:' READ(*,*) radius area = pi*radius**2 WRITE(*,*) 'Area of circle is:' WRITE(*,*) area END PROGRAM Areaofcircle The error message which I got is as follows: Error 1 error #6568: This use of the ADVANCE, SIZE, or EOR specifier is invalid. c:\users\nikhildlondhe\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\Areaofcircle\Areaof...

Web resources about - Intel Fortran 16.0 (in Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016) now available - comp.lang.fortran

Bay Area's first Super Bowl in 1985 reflects transformation of Silicon Valley
No one sitting on their Apple seat cushions on that Super Bowl Sunday in 1985 could anticipate how quickly antiquated their film-filled cameras ...

Full Episode: 01/24/16: Winter Storm Stretches Thousands of Miles
Alaska Jolted by a Powerful Earthquake; Pittsburgh Military Wife Gets Great Surprise When Furnace Breaks

Twitter Loses Product, Engineering Chiefs in Executive Shuffle
Bloomberg Twitter Loses Product, Engineering Chiefs in Executive Shuffle Bloomberg Twitter Inc. is losing four members of its executive leadership ...

Magnitude-7.1 Quake Jolts Alaska; 4 Homes Lost
A magnitude-7.1 earthquake knocked items off shelves and walls in south-central Alaska and a subsequent gas leak led to an explosion at a home ...

Washington shuts down government, New York rebounds after blizzard
By Frank McGurty and Ian Simpson NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Washington shut down U.S. federal government offices on Monday, while New York ...

Authorities Struggling to Piece Together Daring Jail Escape
CNN Authorities Struggling to Piece Together Daring Jail Escape ABC News It was a daring and elaborate escape: cutting through metal, crawling ...

Matt Damon Reveals Why He's Not in 'Manchester By the Sea'
Matt Damon stops for a quick camera opp while participating in a panel discussion hosted by Stella Artois and held during the 2016 Sundance Film ...

Islamic State releases video of 'Paris attackers'
The Islamic State group has released a video purporting to show nine jihadists involved in the November Paris attacks that killed 130 people, ...

American Airlines: 7 hospitalized after severe turbulence aboard flight to Italy
CNN American Airlines: 7 hospitalized after severe turbulence aboard flight to Italy CNN (CNN) Severe turbulence aboard an American Airlines ...

Michigan AG to Discuss Investigation Into Flint Water Crisis
Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette is set to provide an update on his investigation into the water crisis in Flint