OT: Fortran Matlab MAT File I/O Interface

Off Topic:

I have a limited fortran 90 interface to my Matlab MAT File I/O library in C.  I
left most of it in C for now because the decompression with the zlib library
needs to be in C anyways (Not to mention random file access is easier from what
I've seen).  I would appreciate comments/suggestions from more experienced
fortran programmers.  If anyone is interested, send me an email and I will send
the source code.
0
cchgroupmail (818)
1/10/2006 11:41:59 AM
comp.lang.fortran 11941 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Does anybody know a way to convert Matlab code into Fortran and then compile Fortran mex dll file for Matlab 2006a?
Hi all, I want to ask three questions regarding Fortran and Matlab interface. The two tools I am using are: Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 and Matlab 2006a. Q1. What is the best converter to convert Matlab code into Fortran code with readability? My understanding is that Fortran and Matlab are both vectorized and they should be pretty similar and such converter should do a good job. Q2. Is there a wizard for Intel Visual Fortran under MS Visual Studio.Net 2003 or Visual Studio.Net 2005 to set up environments for building mex dll file for Matlab on Windows XP? There is such a wizard tool for...

how can FORTRAN save .mat files for Matlab?
I have a question about the interface of Matlab. I read some books about the interface, but I never success in doing this. So who can tell me the basic step: how can I program to save the variables of Compaq Visual Fortran90 file to a .mat file for Matlab7 use? Please give me the details. Thank you very much. Have you read the part about reading/writing mat files in the external interfaces part of the doc? there are all the necessary routines listed. all you'll have to do, is either write interface blocks (fortran 90/95) or declare the functions as external to use them. - michael Mic...

Fortran 90 MAT FIle I/O module
Rather new to fortran 90. Luckily in the past All i've had to do is make a few modifications here or there and get the code to compile and interface with C. So, I've decided to write a module to interface to my MAT File I/O library in C. Alas, I have limited access to fortran compilers/knowledge. I have gotten some of it to compile with gfortran/ifort on linux. Haven't tested gfortran on windows. I have had problems with g95 and memory. It seems to hose up the C malloc/calloc routines since those calls get wrapped through the g95 routines. I have in the past removed...

Writing Matlab MAT files in Fortran on Crays
Hello everyone, I recently received access to a nice Cray and I'd like to begin using it ASAP. However, I've run into a significant problem: Right now, I use MATLAB's MAT file format for data storage and it is wholy unsupported by Mathworks on Crays...for even the most basic input & output functions. Why do they ignore Crays? I don't know, but I need to find a workaround ASAP. First off, I am not a programmer. I am a chemical engineer. I've seen the MAT file format and it would take me months to write a bug-free bit stream reader & writer in Fortran. I ...

converting fortran files to matlab files
hi there all, i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting fortran files into matlab files. i have some data that was created in fortran but i really need to work on that data in matlab, i m using matlab version 6.5. if anyone knows and can point me in the correct direction, i would be very grateful, Thank u for ure time Tapan Hi, You have to write mex files : Read this : <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/ch06engi.html> J�r�me I don't understand....... You say: i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting f...

mex - matlab calls fortran which calls matlab which calls fortran
Dear All, I'm trying to link matlab and fortran with mex files and engine matlab, in linux OS. My general purpose is the following: 1) a matlab script A calls a mex function B based upon fortran source code 2) mex function B calls another function in matlab C within matlab engine 3) matlab routine C calls another mex file in fortran D While i'm able to do steps 2) and 3), I can't do step 1). Before to show the code, please reply to this simple question: Is it possible to build the overall process 1-3? On 8 Okt, 16:37, "Michele Catalano" <cata...@yahoo.it> wr...

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

MATLAB/FORTRAN interface
Hi, Many robust and efficient routines for matrix algebra and ODE/PDE solvers are available as open sourse FORTRAN codes such as ODEPACK, LSODA etc. Has anyone tried to use it in tandem with MATLAB or translate them into MATLAB? Particularly, I'm interested in Gear method for stiff/nonstiff ODEs. Thank you. Evgeniy Redekop wrote: > Hi, > > Many robust and efficient routines for matrix algebra and ODE/PDE > solvers are available > as open sourse FORTRAN codes such as ODEPACK, > LSODA etc. Has anyone tried to use it in tandem > with MATLAB or translate them into MAT...

watcom fortran compiler to mex fortran code in matlab
hi, I would like to know whether watcom fortran compiler can be used to run fortran mex files in matlab. Thanks Sunnam No. http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-19F84.html?solution=1-19F84 But we do support other FORTRAN compilers (see the above link for details). "sunnam" <sunnamhb@clarkson.edu> wrote in message news:ef25be7.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > hi, > I would like to know whether > watcom fortran compiler can be used to > run fortran mex files in matlab. > > Thanks > Sunnam Hi, I could figure out how to use watcom compiler to mex...

Interfacing Matlab from a Fortran Program
Hello, I'm currently trying to run the fengdemo.f on Linux (Ubuntu). Compiling goes well using the provided engopts.sh script: mex -f engopts.sh fengdemo.f But when I try to run ./fengdemo, I always get the message: Can't start MATLAB engine So apparently when the program tries to call engOpen("matlab "), something goes wrong. In there anyway to dig deeper into this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Tobias Hello, > [..] > But when I try to run ./fengdemo, I always get the message: > Can't start MATLAB engine > [..] found the solutio...

Fortran mex-file calling fortran 90 library.
Hi all, I manage to make fortran 90 mex-files by calling fortran subroutine already compiled in a distinct object file (sub.o). I would like now make the same but from "my own true library" (made with modules in fortran90) compiled in a archive (.a) with they module files (.mod). I do not find the way to make it. I mean, how to call library (made with modules fortran90) from fortran mex-files. Anyone have an idea, how it is possible to do that? Thank Fabien PS: This library works fine for any fortran developer who make call it. "Fabien Blarel" <blare...

fortran MAT files routines
Dear Matlab programers, I need to read data in files up to 1 million lines of 80 characters. In order to make it fast, i try to use fortran with MAT files routines. I get no compilation problem (using MEX) but at execution i get the following message : FORTRAN Runtime ERROR: Array size too large ( 0) 0x000054b0 f90$alloc + 0x1a0 [././lecture_pch_s111_matlab] ( 1) 0x00004f2c _start + 0x55c [././lecture_pch_s111_matlab] Since i don't know the size of my data, i use allocatable arrays, and i allocate the MAT array variable once i know how much data i have : .... counting the useful data .....

Fortran 77 and Matlab Interface
Can someboby please help. I am programming in Fortran77 and using the Salford compiler. I have a number of questions 1) When I create the required data can I easily link up with Matlab to use the graphics facilities. If the aswer is yes then can someone please tell me how to do it. 2) If yes to question 1) then what format must the fortran data be in for Matlab to recognise it. 3) Can I make use of the MEX approach for fortran 77 using the salford compiler . If yes then can someone please tell me how to do it or point me to a suitable reference Many thanks in advance Harvey H...

matlab mex file (fortran)
I want to create the mex file from external fortran file (file.for). I use compaq visual fortran 6.6a and matlab v13. Pleas help me. I have still the same problem. ------------------------------------------------------ >> mex -setup Please choose your compiler for building external interface (MEX) files: Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n? y Select a compiler: [1] Compaq Visual Fortran version 6.6 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio [2] Lcc C version 2.4 in C:\MATLAB6P5\sys\lcc [3] Microsoft Visual C/C++ version 6.0 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Stu...

Web resources about - OT: Fortran Matlab MAT File I/O Interface - comp.lang.fortran

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
... especially for longtime users of the app like me. Fortunately, here comes version 7.0 of the app to the rescue with a handful of welcome interface ...

Disney CEO & Apple board member Bob Iger calls Apple TV best television interface ever
... Executive Bob Iger said in an interview on Monday, praising Apple for creating what he believes is the most intuitive television user interface ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
... we showed you Dragon Drive , the voice-activation system that's now included in BMW's 7 Series. That's not the only advanced user interface ...

Pale Moon adopts new Goanna browser engine, fine-tunes interface
... build, also available in 64-bit , sees Pale Moon unveil its own browser rendering engine, Goanna, plus further fine-tune the browser user interface ...

Samsung Shows Off New Smart Remote and Interface for Their Smart TVs
... hubs in 2016. On top of extensive smart home control by way of SmartThings , the company’s line of smart TVs will also be getting a user interface ...

IDG Contributor Network: Post-acquisition, LastPass rolls out new version with more user interface bling ...
... exists, revenue streams are sure to eventuate. The new version of LastPass, imaginatively called LastPass 4.0, has an entirely new user interface ...

Android’s design guru says iPhone interface is ‘heavy and burdensome’
The arrival of the original iPhone may have fundamentally changed Google’s plans for its Android smartphone platform, but according to Google’s ...

Sling TV Plans New Interface And Guide That Predicts What Users Want
... Sling CEO Roger Lynch says that the service won’t hike the price this year. He also said that later this quarter it will roll out a new interface, ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...