Problem to compile with g77 a program which was normally compiled with Absoft compiler

Hello,

I get the following error messages when I try to compile a program
with g77

somefile.f:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `for_open'
somefile.f:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt'
somefile.f:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to
`for_write_seq_fmt_xmit'
somefile.f:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `for_read_seq'

Could you help me to fix this?

I have posted more details about my actions on
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365742/f77-problem-to-compile-with-g77-a-program-which-was-normally-compiled-with-absof

Thank you
comp.lang.fortran 11941 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 30/07/2010 10:20, lappis bike wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get the following error messages when I try to compile a program
> with g77
>
> somefile.f:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `for_open'
> somefile.f:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt'
> somefile.f:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to
> `for_write_seq_fmt_xmit'
> somefile.f:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `for_read_seq'
>
> Could you help me to fix this?
>
> I have posted more details about my actions on
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365742/f77-problem-to-compile-with-g77-a-program-which-was-normally-compiled-with-absof
>
> Thank you

The above errors are linker errors not compiler errors. The details to
which you refer show that you seem to be mixing libraries from 3
different compilers together (g77, gfortran and ifort); the answers
given at the above link should help you a lot with diagnosing your problem.

Since you have gfortran on your system why don't you use it to build
your program rather than g77 which is old and unsupported on most modern
systems.

Simon

0
Simon

program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler
Hi, I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru KBG <karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. No problem, just send $10 to paypal@zevv.nl and I'll do your homework for you. -- :wq ^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C KBG said: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Can you think of any syntactic differences between C and C++? For example, what about keywords? They are very, very sensitive to syntax. Worth thinking about. -- Richard Heathfield "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999 http://www.cpax.org.uk email: rjh at above domain (but drop the www, obviously) KBG wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Have a look at: http://david.tribble.com/text/cdiffs.htm -- mail1dotstofanetdotdk KBG wrote: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. > For sufficiently recent definitions of "C compiler, the following does the trick, but if this is a homework question it's probably not the answer you want. #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { char * restrict hi = "Hello, world\n"; printf("%s", hi); return 0; } Hi, Loooks interesting. Need to give these and the links a try this weekend :):) ...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

Compiling Compiler
Hi there, I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding compilers. I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environment. Now, I compile ACK using this compiler.This should give a compiler that supports 64bit environment. Since the output files are in Solaris format, I compile the ACK source *once again* using the just compiled ACK compiler so that I get Minix object and binary files. Now my questions is that does this 2nd version of ACK be able to produce true 64bit code? Sanky wrote: > Hi there, > > I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding > compilers. > I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environment. Now, I compile > ACK using this compiler.This should give a compiler that supports 64bit > environment. Since the output files are in Solaris format, I compile > the ACK source *once again* using the just compiled ACK compiler so > that I get Minix object and binary files. > Now my questions is that does this 2nd version of ACK be able to > produce true 64bit code? > A compiler doesn't inherent capabilities of the compielr it was compiled on. If that was the case, then ACK should be able to compile out to ELF objects. You're going to have to manually code in 64-bit support. On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Sanky wrote: > > > Hi there, > > I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding > compilers. > I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environm...

Compile or not compile?
There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able to compile "on fly". At the beginning I thought this was related to the paths idl "knew", but this happens for two functions/routines in the same directory. Can someone tell when a function can be runned without be compile? Nuno Oliveira wrote: > There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How > do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able > to compile &quo...

which compiler compiled?
Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? I looked at the file with a hex editor and didn't see anything obvious. Lawrence "Lawrence" <just4me@nowhere.com> writes: > Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? Yes with some compilers and some executable formats. E.g. on HP-UX for PA-RISC: $ aCC leak.C $ odump -compunit a.out ... 6 0 ANSI C++ leak.C /tmp ctcom options = -inst compiletime -diags 523 -inline_power 1 -longbranch 2 -unique_strings on -cachesize 256 B...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

compiling Qt .... compiling Qt ....compiling Qt.... compiling Qt
I got myself new kernel from kernel.org... make xconfig needs Qt (new system). So I got new Qt source this afternoon. It is still compiling.... Who said MS is bloat has not done this. What does Qt do? Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: > Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? Why not curses based? menuform -- Hilsen/Regards Michael Rasmussen http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917 On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:55:33 +0100) it happened Michael Rasmussen <mir@miras.org> wrote in <pan.2006.02.02.20.55.33.763274@miras.org>: >On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: > >> Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? >Why not curses based? menuform Because last time I tried that it was broken to unusable? I may try it again, QT installed, env set .. QTDIR etc.. still make xconfig aborts... grep -r "Unable to find the QT installation" scripts/kconfig/Makefile: echo "* Unable to find the QT installation. Please make sure that"; \ It is a complot by ? to make it impossible to make a small fast systemm.. ;-) You REALLY have to know a lot to get any of this stuff to work. So now I will look at and perhaps edit scripts/kconfig/Makefile to find whay it complains. The good thing is QT installed and completed without aborting and the demos work. The bad thing is some of thsos...

Meta4... a compiler-compiler
in the csa2 gmail account... description is very interesting. in the Pidgin for Apple II/Merlin/6502 message Rich ...

Compiler problem....unique to C or compiler???
I am working on 5.11 ( once again). So, just stepping through code in the debugger, and get this...and cannot proceed. Have posted to the Xcode forum, but my guess is the real gurus are here in C!! Not sure if this is a strict "C" issue, but I am sure you will let me know !! :-) The code is simply this, with 2 command line arguments: #include <stdio.h> int astrcomp(const char *, const char *); int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) { int i; i = astrcomp(argv[1], argv[2]); if ( i == 0) printf(" \"%s\" equals \"%s\" ", argv[1], argv[2...

fortran compiler mandatory to compile scilab?
Hello I'd like to install scilab from the source, to see whether it could solve my scipad hanging problem on suse10.1 Upon runing ./configure, I'm being said there's no fortran compiler: configure: error: Unable to configure: no Fortran compiler found I then install g95, but it seems it's not one of the fortran that can be used for compilation. Runing the same ./configure provides the same error message. Reading further the README_unix found with scilab, I see one can add options to ./configure, one of them being --with-gcc, to compile with gcc. Same error message when runing ./configure --with-gcc So... should the fortran compiler be installed in a particular directory? can I use g95? The wiki, particularly this link: http://wiki.scilab.org/Compilation_of_Scilab_Under_GNU/Linux_/_Unix didn't help me enough... Thanks Ludovic I've managed to compile Scilab 4.1 with ../configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-gnu --with-gnu-ld --with-xaw3d --with-tk --with-gfortran --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --without-ocaml --without-java ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ gfortran is supplied if you use the gcc-4.1.x suite, perhaps in OpenSuse 10.2 I prefer GenToo, which can be kept up-to-date all the time. Helmut. hinoki.kuaimu@gmail.com wrote: > Hello > > I'd like to install scilab from the source, to see whether it could > solve my scipad hanging problem on suse10.1 > > Upon runing ./configure, I'...

What compiler directives do i have to delete in the LAST compilation of my program ?
DELPHI 7 Somewhere in the web, in the past, I found something compiler directives {$... } that i should delete in the final compilation of my program to make the .exe smaller and my program faster. The problem is that i don't remember what do i have to do. Any directions please ? Thank you. "nek" <eizo5@vivodi.gr> schreef in bericht news:ecadda$2sfs$1@ulysses.noc.ntua.gr... > DELPHI 7 > > Somewhere in the web, in the past, I found something compiler directives > {$... } that i should delete in the final compilation of my program ...

How do I find a compiler that will compile a specific program?
I need to do a minor update to a 8051 program written in assembler in 1994 and assembled on a machine/language that no longer exists. I wrote the program, so I have some idea how it works. The assembler was asm80 A Cross Assembler for the Intel 8080-8085 With CPM[tm] syntax - by - David A. Klotzbach I have the C source for the program, but I can't compile it. What I'd like is a dos/windows executable that I can use to assemble my program, but I'd settle for something tha...

Naming_Service compilation problem on ARM board (cross compilation)
Ubuntu 8.04 w/ ARM cross compile tools. I'm trying to follow instructions on http://www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spin/pava/CORBA_MODULES/corba_modules.htm, everything went smooth except Naming_Service. It throws unreferenced symbols (root cause is libACE.a I think) error. Is anybody faced with this problem before? Although I saw this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.ace/browse_thread/thread/01b39b674f3b0efa/340ef15ce0910bf5?hl=en%C5%94ef15ce0910bf5 , i could not make it built. Any ideas? Thanks, Ekrem Aksoy Hi Ekrem, >Ubuntu 8.04 w/ ARM cross compile tools. To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. If you don't use the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question. Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers to. Thanks, Doug >...

Compile Time Programming, why not Compile Time Functional Language?
I am currently reading "Modern C++ Design" and have aspirations of eventually reading the Vandervorde book which currently takes pride of place on my desk at work to strike a chill of terror into my friends... Something however that I feel is left un-answered and even un-addressed by the peers of c++. Why doesnt compile time programming for c++ utilise a proper programming language in itself? For instance imagine being able to manipulate the abstract syntax tree of a c++ program using a Haskell like language. Wouldn't the degree by which people could utilise the techniques of meta programming be greatly increased? Generating clever code to encapsulate things wouldn't incur trying to see how to do it with templates, you could just manipulate the code itself. I guess at the heart of this is the matter of constructing a model of what a program is that itself can be manipulated. It seems like a critical calculus that is yet to be discovered to me. Ed Deighton. [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] <eddeighton@freeuk.com> wrote >I am currently reading "Modern C++ Design" and have aspirations of > eventually reading the Vandervorde book which currently takes pride of > place on my desk at work to strike a chill of terror into my friends... I have a feeling that you are reading the two books the other way round! I would first read ...

cant compile on linux system.cant compile on cant compile onlinux system.
hi all, I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on linux system. I have given extension as .C. please tell me how to compile C++ programs on Linux. On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:09:38 -0800, Nagaraj wrote: > hi all, > I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on > linux system. I have given extension as .C. please tell me how to > compile C++ programs on Linux. If your program file is helloworld.C (assuming you have the GNU compiler gcc installed, which you hopefully will) try: g++ helloworld.C -o helloworld t...

How does ASIC compiler compile for if..else..
Hi, if(x1 = '1') then -- (1) R <= y1; elsif(x2 = '1') then R <= y1; .... end if; The above equations are common in VHDL. For a FPGA chip, VHDL compiler will generate the following equation (2) for (1): R <= (x1 and y1) or (not x1 and x2 and y2) + ...; --(2) And based on FPGA structure, compiler will generate intermediate 4 input LUTs to replace the above equation in its final equation. I would like to know if equation (1) is compiled into equation (2) for an ASIC chip by all ASIC VHDL compilers, especially from several predominate VHDL ASIC compiler compan...

Scheme compiler compiler resources?
Hi folks, Is using Scheme for writing parsers or compilers a well known problem solved by Scheme? Griff wrote: > Hi folks, > > Is using Scheme for writing parsers or compilers a well known problem > solved by Scheme? > http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/Lalr/documentation/lalr.html Bear Griff wrote: > Hi folks, > > Is using Scheme for writing parsers or compilers a well known problem > solved by Scheme? > Ooops, forgot to mention: Scheme implementation of Lex: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~dube/silex.tar.gz Griff skrev: > Hi folks, > &...

compiling using native compiler
When I try to compile python 2.3.4 using SGI's native compiler ../configure --without-gcc followed by make I get error make c++ -o python \ Modules/python.o \ libpython2.3.a -ldl -lpthread -lmpc -lm ld32: WARNING 84 : /usr/lib32/libdl.so is not used for resolving any symbol. ld32: FATAL 9 : I/O error (-lmpc): No such file or directory collect2: ld returned 32 exit status *** Error code 1 (bu21) but I see it in /usr/lib ls -l /usr/lib/mpc -rwxrwxr-x 1 root sys 598996 May 20 17:10 /usr/lib/mpc "SS" <sridhara@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:95650bb5.0410050819.2f34f323@posting.google.com... > When I try to compile python 2.3.4 using SGI's native compiler > ./configure --without-gcc > followed by > make > > I get error > make > c++ -o python \ > Modules/python.o \ > libpython2.3.a -ldl -lpthread -lmpc -lm > ld32: WARNING 84 : /usr/lib32/libdl.so is not used for resolving any symbol. > ld32: FATAL 9 : I/O error (-lmpc): No such file or directory > collect2: ld returned 32 exit status > *** Error code 1 (bu21) > > but I see it in /usr/lib > > ls -l /usr/lib/mpc > -rwxrwxr-x 1 root sys 598996 May 20 17:10 /usr/lib/mpc The libraries in usr/lib are o32. You need n32 libs whichs comes from /usr/lib32 or a specified directory -L/usr/my/lib...

compile to ram compile to flash
Hi. Is there a comon used notaion or name for a forth word to redirect compilation memory segments? So compilation of new definitions may go into RAM intstead of flash memory for example? MSP430 intructions execute in both memory segments, RAM and flash alike. So I would like to test compile to RAM, and when definition is ok, append it to flash memory. In mecrisp this switching words are COMPILETORAM and COMPILETOFLASH but thats to long words for me. How about: [RAM Regards, MIchael Michael wrote: > Hi. > > Is there a comon used notaion or name for a forth word to redirect > compilation memory segments? So compilation of new definitions may go > into RAM intstead of flash memory for example? > > MSP430 intructions execute in both memory segments, RAM and flash > alike. So I would like to test compile to RAM, and when definition is > ok, append it to flash memory. > > In mecrisp this switching words are COMPILETORAM and COMPILETOFLASH > but thats to long words for me. > > How about: [RAM What about RAM ROM That's what I'm using on Gforth-EC for the R8C. It's "ROM", not flash, for traditional reasons. -- Bernd Paysan "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself" http://bernd-paysan.de/ On 5/29/12 11:50 AM, Michael wrote: > Hi. > > Is there a comon used notaion or name for a forth word to redirect > compilation me...

Compilation error with seperate compilation
Can anyone help me with the following problem When i compile a program which is devided in three files and i compile with GCC i'm getting the follwong error However when i put it in one file it conpiles and runs perfectly So it has probaly something to do with the includes , but i do not see what Many regards Nico Heiligers **** Build of configuration Debug for project acc **** **** Internal Builder is used for build **** g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -oreadadfile.o .. \readadfile.cpp In file included from ..\readadfile.cpp:1: ...\adfile.h:12: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration ...

Tricks Of The Trade: How To Compile Large Program On Two Very Different Compilers
Hello, In about a year, I will be presented with the task of making the same large program compilable with two very different Ada compilers. Sorry, I do not know the names of the compilers or computers that I'll be working with. The decision has not been reached at this time. The manufacturer support on one or both of these compilers may be almost non-existant. How would you go about compiling your code? Thanks On Nov 4, 10:53=A0am, ChristopherL <clusard...@aol.com> wrote: > Hello, > > In about a year, I will be presented with the task of making the same > large program compilable with two very different Ada compilers. > > Sorry, I do not know the names of the compilers or computers that I'll > be working with. The decision has not been reached at this time. The > manufacturer support on one or both of these compilers may be almost > non-existant. > > How would you go about compiling your code? > > Thanks O'kay, I have some additional information to add! I will know what files to use to compile with each compiler. In other words, I will be told this program (group of files) compiles on this computer using this compiler, and I will be told the same thing for the second compiler/computer. Again, they will be compiling the same program with minor differences between them. The differences are in about 30 files. So, basically there are two groups of 30 files. Each compiler will use the program with different a differe...

Using the GCCSDK to compile a compiler
Hi, Given that there is a port to ARM Linux (Debian) of Novell's Mono .NET package, I'm guessing that it should be possible to compile the source up using the gccsdk (I'm not saying that it would work without being able to generate RISC OS binaries of C# code, but the source should compile). Now, I've been hacking around with Mono for quite a while and know the internals - what I don't know is how I would use the gccsdk to compile up Mono - does anyone have any hints or tips for doing it? I'll need Peter's config scripts, but there in lies a potential problem - Mono doesn't use configure rather it uses autogen.sh. Will the scripts cope with this? TTFN Paul -- "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority" - Dr Who In message <1127318568.4043.35.camel@localhost.localdomain> Paul <paul@all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote: > Given that there is a port to ARM Linux (Debian) of Novell's Mono .NET > package, I'm guessing that it should be possible to compile the source > up using the gccsdk (I'm not saying that it would work without being > able to generate RISC OS binaries of C# code, but the source should > compile). > > Now, I've been hacking around with Mono for quite a while and know the > internals - what I don't know is how I would use the gccsdk to compile > up Mono - does anyone have any hints or tips for doing it? http://www.drobe.co....

PICC Compiler cant compile
hi..can anyone tell me why cant i compile this code at PICC Compiler? the compiler stated that <16f84.h> "File cant be opend" so how can i find this file? or someone else can guide me do fix this problem? thanks /**************************************************************************** COMBO2.C PIC 16F84 Combination Lock - all combinations are six-digits - master combination is '083941' - four transient combinations may be programmed (all keys are allowed) - press within one-second after master combination: 'A' to enter 1st transient combination 'B' to enter 2nd transient combination 'C' to enter 3rd transient combination 'D' to enter 4th transient combination '#' to enter two-digit lamp ON seconds '*' to enter two-digit lock ON seconds - setting a feature to zeros deactivates it - resets to first expected key five seconds after last key is pressed --------- ---------- | 16F84 | | | T +5 --14-|VCC A0|-17-----|R0 | +5 ---4-|MCLR A1|-18-----|R1 | Gnd ---5-| A2|-1------|R2 | XTAL --16-| A3|-2------|R3 KBD | XTAL --15-| B0|-6------|C0 | | B1|-7------|C1 | | B2|-8------|C2 | ...

vb compilation, .m compilation
I am using MATLAB as the backhand and VB as the fronthand tool. How can I run a MATLAB script through VB6.0? Can you provide me with the code both at backhand and fronthand and how can I integrate both. Please mail me the solutions on p_b_ganshani@rediffmail.com Waiting for the responses, Punit Ganshani You can use MATLAB Builder for COM, which is based on the MATLAB Compiler. See: http://www.mathworks.com/products/combuilder/ "Punit Ghansani" <p_b_ganshani@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:eee88eb.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > I am using MATLAB as the backhand and...

Web resources about - Problem to compile with g77 a program which was normally compiled with Absoft compiler - comp.lang.fortran

Trump's campaign manager was arrested for grabbing a reporter, so he hired a lawyer fired for biting ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGz5DPqU-p0 With the release of more footage showing Donald Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski manhandling ...

Supreme Court Win For Unions: Scalia’s Death Caused Tie Vote
The United States Supreme Court has decided – by not deciding – a case today, which means a major victory for public sector unions in the U.S. ...

EgyptAir hijacking brings country's airport security back into focus
The hijacking of an EgyptAir plane forced to land in Cyrus while flying from the Egyptian Mediterranean coastal city of Alexandria to the capital, ...

SoundCloud launches a music-subscription service for Android and iOS devices
SoundCloud is jumping into the crowded subscription music-streaming market, where Spotify , Apple Music , Pandora, Tidal , YouTube Music , and ...

Batman v Superman: Spoiler FAQ of Justice
Given its massive box office, you likely saw Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this weekend. And whether you loved it or hated it, chances are ...

The Oculus Rift is incredibly easy to set up and use
The hype around virtual reality has been building for years. On Monday, the Oculus Rift finally started shipping to folks who pre-ordered the ...

California's $15 minimum wage: Brown defends sudden embrace of wage hike
Gov. Jerry Brown called his proposal to boost California's minimum wage 50 percent over the next six years 'a matter of economic justice' and ...

Alaska Volcano Calming After Eruption; Alert Downgraded
The activity level of an Alaska volcano has declined after it erupted with a massive ash cloud that prompted the cancellation of dozens of flights ...

Microsoft Research shows off ‘Star Wars’ holoportation with HoloLens
Microsoft Research’s Shahram Izadi shows how a clip of his HoloLens-facilitated interactions with his daughter in a remote environment can be ...

Consumer Watchdog Sues Volkswagen for False ‘Clean Diesel’ Claims
(WASHINGTON)— A federal consumer watchdog sued Volkswagen on Tuesday, charging the company made false claims in commercials promoting its “Clean ...