ENVI to IDL

Hi all,
I have exported a FLTARR(720,360,4) from ENVi to IDL. I would like to
use this array in an IDL proc simultaneously. How do I achieve this?
Please help and thanks in advance.
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Jul 1, 7:04=A0pm, kamal <kamaljit.rajku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have exported a FLTARR(720,360,4) from ENVi to IDL. I would like to
> use this array in an IDL proc simultaneously. How do I achieve this?
> Please help and thanks in advance.

Your question doesn't make much sense, but if you export the variable
to IDL you can use it in IDL as the variable you saved it as.. If you
want to do the same thing programmatically use ENVI_GET_DATA to read
the data into an IDL Variable.

Max
0
maxjpeck (28)

IDL and IDL-PVWAVE disambiguation
Hi I've noticed that a few open source IDL projects are finding themselves on sourceforge. However, the IDL category seems to have a mixture of both "Interface Definition Language" and "Interactive Data Language". Would it make more sense to have an IDL-PVWAVE category, or perhaps an IDL-ENVI category? https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350001&aid=1821007&group_id=1 Robbie ...

IDL code running error in envi environment(ENVI + IDL)
Hello Everyone, while running the code in ENVI + IDL , I am getting an error, and I am not able to under stand the reson why the code is not working properly. Though I have written everything correctly. Kindly help me. I am attaching the code and the error which I am getting for reference. CODE - pro bstats ENVI, /RESTORE_BASE_SAVE_FILES ENVI_BATCH_INIT, LOG_FILE = 'batch.log' ENVI_OPEN_FILE, 'C:\Users\Sachin\Desktop\atvshot.jpg',r_fid=fid IF (fid EQ -1) THEN BEGIN ENVI_BATCH_EXIT RETURN ENDIF ENVI_FILE_QUERY, fid, NB = nb pos = LINDGEN(nb) ENVI_DOIT, &...

Idle time, idle thoughts
http://ohlandl.kev009.com/SCSI/scsi_bus_competitiors.html -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP You ain't a-kidding. Louis Ohland schrieb: > > http://ohlandl.kev009.com/SCSI/scsi_bus_competitiors.html > Lacks ESDI which is a bus with up to 4 drives (according to specs) even using the separate data and control lines like St506. Not to mention IBMs DBA ESDI solution for the 50/55/70 series. Gereon The DBA ESDI is akin to IDE as to the electronics being on the drive, and none being required on the planar. When I get s...

distributed IDL or IDL on a Grid
Hi, We just concluded a little project which explored how one can make IDL work in a distributed environment. In particular, we investigated ways to create IDL clients for Web Services (examples dealt with accessing remote astronomical data and visualizing it locally via IDL). The prototype was implemented using Globus. In addition, we can run parallel IDL sessions on Grid nodes (nodes connected over WAN). Now we are supposed to submit Phase 2 proposal to NASA and are seeking for the community feedback. In particular, we have the following questions: Do you have scenarios when grid-IDL m...

ENVI + IDL
Folks, When you do a clean install of ENVI + IDL on Windows, there is a trick you need to do to get the IDL workbench to appear. I learned about it at an ENVI seminar, but Windows 7 ate those files. :-( Anyone know what this trick is? Otherwise, I'm going to have to do all my work in ENVI. Thanks, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/ Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.") David Fanning wrote: > Folks, > > When you do a clean install of ENVI + IDL on Windows...

idl or envi?
Hi Our dept is considering getting envi. I'm happy with idl and will continue to use it, but I was wondering for people new to GIS, what specific advantages or disadvantages doe idl and envi have ovver each other? http://www.ittvis.com/ProductServices/ENVI.aspx Thanks! ...

IDL
Hello all So I have made some progress but I am stuck again being new to IDL So I got it to display a color image using the following code data = read_binary('avhrr_pf.ndvi.1nmegl.8207.bin', data_type = 4, data_dims = [360, 180], endian = 'big') device, decomposed = 0 xloadct window, 0, xsize = 360, ysize = 180 !order=1 tv, data However, I was trying to create a procedure so that I can just call it up. I keep getting this error File does not exist: 'homework1a.pro'. pro Homework1a, ^ % Syntax error. At: F:\GMUMAY2010\...

idl call envi function, running with out ENVI?
I just write a simple IDL program, while the major code write in IDL with some function of ENVI to speed up my programing. example: PRO test_read COMPILE_OPT idl2 file_name = DIALOG_PICKFILE(/READ,FILTER='*.*') ENVI_OPEN_FILE, file_name, r_fid=r_dem,/NO_REALIZE IF (r_dem EQ -1) THEN RETURN END I hope to release this code running without ENVI, what should I do? On Aug 24, 1:26=A0pm, "wxfe...@gmail.com" <wxfe...@gmail.com> wrote: > I just write a simple IDL program, while the major code write in IDL > with some function of ENVI to speed up my programing. ...

problems with IDL-IDL bridge spawning
Hi all, Recently I've started using the IDL-IDL bridge to parallelize some simulations. Only certain parts of the algorithm are suitable for this, so my approach is to alternate, thus: - run Do_Stuff_1 in main IDL session, - spawn 8 bridges, each of which runs a copy of Do_Stuff_2 - when they're done, back in the main session, obj_destroy all the bridges, run Do_Stuff_3, and then loop back to the start for the next iteration. Thus the code alternates between running bridged code and just regular IDL. At first I thought things were working fine, but for some reason, part ...

IDL calls C calls IDL?
Hey again, I've been thinking, I have code that does LINKIMAGE 'func' ,..... for t=0,tmax-1 func(data) idl_function(data) endfor Is it possible to call idl_function from within C ? I want it to be like this In IDL: func(data) Then it passes onto C which does for (t=0; t<tmax;t++) { do whatever it does with data CALL IDL_FUNCTION(data) } This eliminates me calling func a few million times Can it be done? On Sep 11, 11:53=A0am, "hotplainr...@gmail.com" <hotplainr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey again, > > I've been thinking, I have cod...

IDL nested structures in Callable IDL
Hi everybody, I am trying to create a IDL nested structure from C and I am going a bit nuts because I can't find the way. The application fails when I try cDef=IDL_MakeStruct(NULL,cTags). I am trying to create an equivalent of: data={N_ITEMS:2, DATA1:data1, DATA2:data2} where data1 and data2 data1={x:dblarr(numberPoints1), y:dblarr(numberPoints1)} data2={x:dblarr(numberPoints2), y:dblarr(numberPoints2)} just only trying to include data1 static IDL_MEMINT dataInDims[]={1,1}; static IDL_MEMINT x_dim[] = {1,numberPoints1}; static IDL_MEMINT y_dim[] = {1,numberPoints1}; ...

Stopped at idle+0x20: jmp idle
Hi, I have an OpenBSD 3.5-stable (GENERIC) i386. It acts as a firewall/router. This is the second time that this idle+0x20 error happened to my OpenBSD machine. A reboot seems to clear up the problem. But I'd like to know why I have the problem and how can I solve it. I did some searching, but not much information came out. I'd appreciate any URL, guide or explanation. Thank you in advance. The hardware: Pentium-II 350MHz 128MB RAM 2 GB IDE HDD 3 NICs: * xl0 3Com 3c905B 100Base-TX rev 0x30 * xl1 3Com 3c905B 100Base-TX rev 0x30 * fxp0 Intel 82557 rev 0x05 As...

use ENVI classic functions in IDL without openning ENVI GUI
Hi, I'm using IDL 8.0 on a linux server. I've written some functions using = ENVI classic functions. Now I need to open ENVI to make these ENVI function= s usable in my function. But on the linux server opening GUI is super slow = and every time I run my function I need to wait a very long time for the EN= VI menu to be opened. And also because the server requires a client interac= t with the GUI from time to time. Otherwise it just disconnect the client a= nd shut down the GUI. In this case I can submit a batch job of processing m= any files with IDL to the server computer clus...

IDL procedure to test/cerify IDL routines
Hello guys, I'm collecting a group of people in order to make an IDL library out of our own routines, so that I'm wondering if there exists an IDL routine able to test our routines to be sure that they will work in any possible situation. Somebody in the area maybe knows a similar program or can suggest how to make it? Thank you so much Gianluca Gianluca Li Causi writes: > I'm collecting a group of people in order to make an IDL library out > of our own routines, > so that I'm wondering if there exists an IDL routine able to test our > routines to be sure that t...

Web resources about - ENVI to IDL - comp.lang.idl-pvwave

envis precisely / Designing Interactive Experience
envis precisely About Us Services Projects Products Contact Blog DEUTSCH It's back! Our free match schedule for the european football championship ...

Ballpark Envi on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ballpark Envi on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

REPORT: Chrysler disbands ENVI group, EV development will continue
Dodge Circuit - Click above for high-res image galleryAccording to a report from Reuters, Chrysler has disbanded its ENVI program and integrated ...

GM ENVI Pod Cars at ITS 2014 Photo Gallery - AutoblogGreen
View dozens of detailed pictures that accompany our GM ENVI Pod Cars at ITS 2014 article with close-up photos of exterior and interior features. ...

A new study says that producing beef causes far more envi...
A new study says that producing beef causes far more environmental pollution and uses much more water and land than producing other kinds of ...

RF3 Envi Earphone Giveaway - Winners Announced - iLounge News
Congratulations to the following winners: Cristina Trattles Valerie E Pillanspaul Nidey David Clark Champ Alden John Killoren John Bonanno Nicole ...

Technology Sector Update for 03/20/2015: SCON,ENVI,ISNS
Top Tech Stocks MSFT +1.08% AAPL -1.13% IBM +1.92% CSCO +1.17% GOOG +0.27% Technology stocks were mostly higher this afternoon with shares of. ...

No longer the ENVI of the green revolution, Chrysler drops electric vehicle plan
The ENVI line can be seen here. This is rather sad really, I like electric cars. I drive one myself. From Reuters: Chrysler dismantles electric ...

Worth Watching Stocks: McGraw Hill Financial Inc (NYSE:MHFI), Envivio Inc (NASDAQ:ENVI)
On Tuesday, in the course of current trade, Shares of McGraw Hill Financial Inc (NYSE:MHFI), climbed 2.75%, and is now trading at $95.86. Jack ...

ENVI Analyst Estimates - Envivio, Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance
Find out the details of analyst estimates for Envivio, Inc. (ENVI), including earning estimates, revenue estimates, growth estimates, EPS trends ...