Error in IDL

Hi,
    I get the error in running the program as "Attempt to call
undefined procedure/function".
So, I have added the path of the program to the default path using '!
path'. Even it gives the same error. I tried 'resolve_all' command
also. It says that '
% Compiled module: RESOLVE_ALL.
% Attempt to call undefined procedure/function: 'DEFAULT'.
% Error occurred at: RESOLVE_ALL_BODY  290 /usr/local/itt/idl71/lib/
resolve_all.pro
%                    RESOLVE_ALL       351 /usr/local/itt/idl71/lib/
resolve_all.pro
%                    $MAIN$
% Execution halted at: $MAIN$

So, what can I do in this case? Should I need to add the default
routine in the library?
Please help me out.

Thank you.

-Shaheda
0
shahi803 (7)
10/21/2011 4:37:34 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

shaheda shahi writes:

> So, what can I do in this case? Should I need to add the default
> routine in the library?

Is your routine a procedure or a function? Can you give us
an example of how you are calling it?

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
On Oct 22, 6:29=A0am, David Fanning <n...@dfanning.com> wrote:
> shaheda shahi writes:
> > So, what can I do in this case? Should I need to add the default
> > routine in the library?
>
> Is your routine a procedure or a function? Can you give us
> an example of how you are calling it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming:http://www.idlcoyote.com/
> Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")

Hi David Fanning,
   The program calls for a function.
This program is already run many times in another
account. I created a new account and I am using it.
It was running even in the new account after
me adding the '!path". Now, this is also not helping.

-Shaheda
0
shahi803 (7)
10/24/2011 3:09:48 PM
shaheda shahi writes:

>    The program calls for a function.
> This program is already run many times in another
> account. I created a new account and I am using it.
> It was running even in the new account after
> me adding the '!path". Now, this is also not helping.

Then I would say the file is not on your IDL path,
despite your attempt to put it there. You would
not be the first person to set an IDL path up
incorrectly. :-)

When you can locate the file with FILE_WHICH, then
you will know it is on your IDL path.

Cheers,

David
--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.idlcoyote.com/
Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")
0
news2122 (4023)
10/24/2011 3:23:50 PM
On Oct 24, 8:23=A0pm, David Fanning <n...@dfanning.com> wrote:
> shaheda shahi writes:
> > =A0 =A0The program calls for a function.
> > This program is already run many times in another
> > account. I created a new account and I am using it.
> > It was running even in the new account after
> > me adding the '!path". Now, this is also not helping.
>
> Then I would say the file is not on your IDL path,
> despite your attempt to put it there. You would
> not be the first person to set an IDL path up
> incorrectly. :-)
>
> When you can locate the file with FILE_WHICH, then
> you will know it is on your IDL path.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming:http://www.idlcoyote.com/
> Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")

Hi David Fanning,
    I have tried getting the path from 'file_which' also.
It prints blank space????

-Shaheda
0
shahi803 (7)
10/24/2011 4:38:22 PM
shaheda shahi writes:

>     I have tried getting the path from 'file_which' also.
> It prints blank space????

Yes. It is blank because it is not finding the routine
on your IDL path. :-)

If the routine were on your IDL path, it would print
the location.

Here are some examples of ways you can add the Coyote
directory to your path. You need to do something like
this with the directory that contains your program.

   http://www.idlcoyote.com/code_tips/installcoyote.php

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.idlcoyote.com/
Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")
0
news2122 (4023)
10/24/2011 5:18:43 PM
shaheda shahi writes:

>     I have tried getting the path from 'file_which' also.
> It prints blank space????

If you wanted to see a list of the directories that are on
your IDL path, you can type this:

   IDL> Print, Transpose(StrSplit(!Path, $
          Path_Sep(/search_path),/Extract))

Is the directory that contains this program file on that
list?

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.idlcoyote.com/
Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")
0
news2122 (4023)
10/24/2011 5:26:04 PM
On Oct 24, 1:26=A0pm, David Fanning <n...@dfanning.com> wrote:
> shaheda shahi writes:
> > =A0 =A0 I have tried getting the path from 'file_which' also.
> > It prints blank space????
>
> If you wanted to see a list of the directories that are on
> your IDL path, you can type this:
>
> =A0 =A0IDL> Print, Transpose(StrSplit(!Path, $
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Path_Sep(/search_path),/Extract))
>
> Is the directory that contains this program file on that
> list?
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming:http://www.idlcoyote.com/
> Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")

Dear David Fanning,
   The problem is solved.
I use to run IDL in linux. First, I usually run SSW then IDL.
Now attempted to run as SSWIDL. The program works..:-P
Simple mistake.
   SSW batch and SSWIDL batch will be different?? I should check
that now.

    Thank you.

-Shaheda
0