highlight text in text widget

Hi,
I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search
keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to
emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword
that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of
highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone
help?

Thanks
0
neon37 (9)
4/2/2009 6:43:47 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

neon writes:

> I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search
> keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to
> emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword
> that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of
> highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone
> help?

I'm not sure "help" is the right word, but no, this
can't be done. :-)

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming (www.dfanning.com)

On Apr 2, 3:13=A0pm, David Fanning <n...@dfanning.com> wrote:
> neon writes:
> > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search
> > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to
> > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword
> > that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of
> > highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone
> > help?
>
> I'm not sure "help" is the right word, but no, this
> can't be done. :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming (www.dfanning.com)
> Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")

0
neon37 (9)
4/2/2009 7:48:39 PM
neon wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search
> keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to
> emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword
> that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of
> highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone
> help?
>
> Thanks

The only option I know of is the SET_TEXT_SELECT keyword to
WIDGET_CONTROL. But this only allows a single selection. (Further calls
always clear the selection first.)

Mike
--
www.michaelgalloy.com
Associate Research Scientist

Thanks for the help,
--
Nirbhik

On Apr 2, 4:16=A0pm, mgalloy <mgal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> neon wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to make widget that displays text. I also want a search
> > keywords available. The way I have envisioned is something similar to
> > emacs search, i.e. it highlights all the occurrences of the keyword
> > that you are interested in. I am trying to find out if that kind of
> > highlighting be done in widget_text or some other widgets. Can anyone
> > help?
>
> > Thanks
>
> The only option I know of is the SET_TEXT_SELECT keyword to
> WIDGET_CONTROL. But this only allows a single selection. (Further calls
> always clear the selection first.)
>
> Mike
> --www.michaelgalloy.com
> Associate Research Scientist