IDL & ENVI error: WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 17

Hi,

I'm very much an IDL newbie, but I have experience in other
programming languages. I'm trying to use IDL with ENVI to do some
image processing.

My code is below, and is relatively simple - just calculating some
statistics for the image. However, every so often when I run it I get
the error "WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 17.". If I close
the IDL/ENVI Workbench and reload it then the error goes away and I
can run it fine again a few times, until the error starts coming up
again.

I'm not doing anything with widgets explicitly (although I think the
ENVI_SELECT_FILE function uses widgets) so I can't think what I'm
doing. I use the "envi" command at the beginning to load the envi
environment, is there a command I need to run at the end to close the
envi environment and release all the files and widgets etc. If so,
what is this command - I can't seem to find it anywhere!

My code is below:

PRO GetImage
envi
; Use the ENVI dialog box to select a file
ENVI_SELECT, fid=file,dims=dims,pos=pos

; TODO: Get this to loop through bands
; Get the data for the first band of the file (ignores pos from
earlier)
WholeBand = ENVI_GET_DATA(fid=file, dims=dims, pos=0)

;Set Distance to be considered
Distance = 3

; Therefore the area to go each side is (d-1)/2
DistanceEachSide = (Distance - 1)/2

; Calculate the dimensions of WholeBand
SizeInfo = SIZE(WholeBand, /DIMENSIONS)
NumRows = SizeInfo[0]
NumCols = SizeInfo[1]

FOR Rows = 3, NumRows DO BEGIN
  FOR Cols = 3, NumCols DO BEGIN
    ; Make sure RowBottom doesn't go below 0
    RowBottom = Rows - DistanceEachSide
    IF RowBottom LT 0 THEN RowBottom = 0

    ; Make sure RowTop doesn't go above NumRows
    RowTop = Rows + DistanceEachSide
    IF RowTop GE NumRows THEN RowTop = NumRows - 1

    ColBottom = Cols - DistanceEachSide
    IF ColBottom LT 0 THEN ColBottom = 0

    ColTop = Cols + DistanceEachSide
    IF ColTop GE NumCols THEN ColTop = (NumCols - 1)

    print, RowTop
    print, ColTop

    AOI = WholeBand[RowBottom:RowTop, ColBottom:ColTop]
    ;print, AOI
    ;print, "---"
  ENDFOR
ENDFOR

; --- Calculate variable values for the WholeBand

; Get the global mean
GlobMean = MEAN(WholeBand)

; Get the global variance
GlobVariance = VARIANCE(WholeBand)

; Get the number of values in the whole image
SizeInfo = SIZE(WholeBand, /DIMENSIONS)
GlobNumber = SizeInfo[0] * SizeInfo[1]

; --- Calculate variable values for the AOI

; Get the Sum of the values in the AOI
AOISum = TOTAL(aoi)

; Get number of values in AOI
SizeInfo = SIZE(aoi, /DIMENSIONS)
AOINumber = SizeInfo[0] * SizeInfo[1]

; --- Start Calculating Getis Statistic

; Calculate the top of the fraction
TopFraction = AOISum - (AOINumber * GlobMean)

; Calculate the square root
SquareRootAnswer = (AOINumber * (GlobNumber - AOINumber))/(GlobNumber
- 1)

; Calculate bottom of fraction
BottomFraction = GlobVariance * SquareRootAnswer

; Calculate Getis Statistic
Getis = TopFraction / BottomFraction

print, Getis

END

Thanks,

Robin
0
r.t.wilson (23)
3/27/2009 4:10:33 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

robintw writes:

> I'm very much an IDL newbie, but I have experience in other
> programming languages. I'm trying to use IDL with ENVI to do some
> image processing.
>
> My code is below, and is relatively simple - just calculating some
> statistics for the image. However, every so often when I run it I get
> the error "WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 17.". If I close
> the IDL/ENVI Workbench and reload it then the error goes away and I
> can run it fine again a few times, until the error starts coming up
> again.
>
> I'm not doing anything with widgets explicitly (although I think the
> ENVI_SELECT_FILE function uses widgets) so I can't think what I'm
> doing. I use the "envi" command at the beginning to load the envi
> environment, is there a command I need to run at the end to close the
> envi environment and release all the files and widgets etc. If so,
> what is this command - I can't seem to find it anywhere!

I think the problem you are having is that you are not
invoking ENVI in such a way as to get everything initiated
properly. I would change your "envi" command to this:

   envi, /restore_base_save_files

Let us know if that works.

Cheers,

David
--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
On Mar 27, 4:32=A0pm, David Fanning <n...@dfanning.com> wrote:

> I think the problem you are having is that you are not
> invoking ENVI in such a way as to get everything initiated
> properly. I would change your "envi" command to this:
>
> =A0 =A0envi, /restore_base_save_files
>
> Let us know if that works.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

Thanks for your response David.

I've tried changing the envi command to that, and it still doesn't
seeem to work. I've altered parts of the program now in a way which
means it takes quite a while to run. Therefore, I frequently have to
exit it using the Terminate command within the IDL Workbench. After
I've used that command it always gives the error I mentioned in the
Terminate command? Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Robin
0
r.t.wilson (23)
3/27/2009 5:19:49 PM
robintw writes:

> I've tried changing the envi command to that, and it still doesn't
> seeem to work. I've altered parts of the program now in a way which
> means it takes quite a while to run. Therefore, I frequently have to
> exit it using the Terminate command within the IDL Workbench. After
> I've used that command it always gives the error I mentioned in the
> Terminate command? Any other ideas?

OK, then I think the problem is the Terminate command (which
I didn't even know existed!). I think what happens is that
things immediately get "terminated" in a way that is not
foreseen by the software. So when the software goes to
do something as innocuous as destroy its own top-level
base, for example, with a command like this:

   Widget_Control, state.tlb, /Destroy

That widget is already destroyed, so it throws the
"invalid widget identifier" error you are experiencing.
I think you can probably expect this if you "terminate"
a program in an unexpected way, since programming for
the possibility of this kind of error is really WAY
out of the question. :-)

I think I might try a Cntl-C and see if you can stop
the program that way, followed by a .Reset maybe. I
can't even imagine all the havoc that could ensue with
a "Terminate" command. How come this button doesn't have
a mushroom cloud icon on it?

Cheers,

David
--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")
0
news2122 (4023)
3/27/2009 5:30:19 PM
Ahhh! I never knew that I could stop the program running using Ctrl-C
- I knew that was used in other circumstances but I just never thought
to try it in IDL.

That seems to have stopped the problem re-occuring at the moment -
I'll get back to you if I have any more problems.

Thanks a lot for your help (and your book is great too!)

Robin

On Mar 27, 5:30=A0pm, David Fanning <n...@dfanning.com> wrote:
> OK, then I think the problem is the Terminate command (which
> I didn't even know existed!). I think what happens is that
> things immediately get "terminated" in a way that is not
> foreseen by the software. So when the software goes to
> do something as innocuous as destroy its own top-level
> base, for example, with a command like this:
>
> =A0 =A0Widget_Control, state.tlb, /Destroy
>
> That widget is already destroyed, so it throws the
> "invalid widget identifier" error you are experiencing.
> I think you can probably expect this if you "terminate"
> a program in an unexpected way, since programming for
> the possibility of this kind of error is really WAY
> out of the question. :-)
>
> I think I might try a Cntl-C and see if you can stop
> the program that way, followed by a .Reset maybe. I
> can't even imagine all the havoc that could ensue with
> a "Terminate" command. How come this button doesn't have
> a mushroom cloud icon on it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming:http://www.dfanning.com/
> Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")

0
r.t.wilson (23)
3/27/2009 5:34:33 PM
robintw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very much an IDL newbie, but I have experience in other
> programming languages. I'm trying to use IDL with ENVI to do some
> image processing.
>
> My code is below, and is relatively simple - just calculating some
> statistics for the image. However, every so often when I run it I get
> the error "WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 17.". If I close
> the IDL/ENVI Workbench and reload it then the error goes away and I
> can run it fine again a few times, until the error starts coming up
> again.
>
> I'm not doing anything with widgets explicitly (although I think the
> ENVI_SELECT_FILE function uses widgets) so I can't think what I'm
> doing. I use the "envi" command at the beginning to load the envi
> environment, is there a command I need to run at the end to close the
> envi environment and release all the files and widgets etc. If so,
> what is this command - I can't seem to find it anywhere!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robin

Do you use control+F2 at some time before you get the error? I can
reproduce this problem only by terminating the code....  Envi disapear.
Next calls to "envi" produce this error. Doing .reset is enough to bring
back envi and to remove the problem... maybe there is something to
investigate there... (windows, envi 4.6)

Jean
0
jghasban (475)
3/27/2009 5:51:28 PM
Off the top of my head, you have two options for avoiding this issue:

1) Only run your program from within an active ENVI+IDL session (don't
call ENVI inside of your program)
2) Start up and shut down ENVI *in batch mode* from within your
program

The modified version of your program (below) does #2.  BE SURE THAT
YOU CHANGE YOUR ENVI PREFERENCES SO THAT IDL DOES NOT SHUT DOWN WHEN
YOU EXIT ENVI.  The envi_batch_exit routine shuts down ENVI and will
shut down IDL as well unless you specifically change your preferences.

PRO GetImage
;envi
; Use the ENVI dialog box to select a file
;ENVI_SELECT, fid=3Dfile,dims=3Ddims,pos=3Dpos

in_file =3D dialog_pickfile(title=3D'Select File')
if in_file eq '' then return

envi, /restore_base_save_files
envi_batch_init, /no_status_window

envi_open_file, in_file, r_fid=3Dfile
envi_file_query, file, dims=3Ddims, nb=3Dnb
pos =3D lindgen(nb)

; TODO: Get this to loop through bands
; Get the data for the first band of the file (ignores pos from
earlier)
WholeBand =3D ENVI_GET_DATA(fid=3Dfile, dims=3Ddims, pos=3D0)

;Set Distance to be considered
Distance =3D 3

; Therefore the area to go each side is (d-1)/2
DistanceEachSide =3D (Distance - 1)/2

; Calculate the dimensions of WholeBand
SizeInfo =3D SIZE(WholeBand, /DIMENSIONS)
NumRows =3D SizeInfo[0]
NumCols =3D SizeInfo[1]

FOR Rows =3D 3, NumRows DO BEGIN
  FOR Cols =3D 3, NumCols DO BEGIN
    ; Make sure RowBottom doesn't go below 0
    RowBottom =3D Rows - DistanceEachSide
    IF RowBottom LT 0 THEN RowBottom =3D 0

    ; Make sure RowTop doesn't go above NumRows
    RowTop =3D Rows + DistanceEachSide
    IF RowTop GE NumRows THEN RowTop =3D NumRows - 1

    ColBottom =3D Cols - DistanceEachSide
    IF ColBottom LT 0 THEN ColBottom =3D 0

    ColTop =3D Cols + DistanceEachSide
    IF ColTop GE NumCols THEN ColTop =3D (NumCols - 1)

    print, RowTop
    print, ColTop

    AOI =3D WholeBand[RowBottom:RowTop, ColBottom:ColTop]
    ;print, AOI
    ;print, "---"
  ENDFOR
ENDFOR

; --- Calculate variable values for the WholeBand

; Get the global mean
GlobMean =3D MEAN(WholeBand)

; Get the global variance
GlobVariance =3D VARIANCE(WholeBand)

; Get the number of values in the whole image
SizeInfo =3D SIZE(WholeBand, /DIMENSIONS)
GlobNumber =3D SizeInfo[0] * SizeInfo[1]

; --- Calculate variable values for the AOI

; Get the Sum of the values in the AOI
AOISum =3D TOTAL(aoi)

; Get number of values in AOI
SizeInfo =3D SIZE(aoi, /DIMENSIONS)
AOINumber =3D SizeInfo[0] * SizeInfo[1]

; --- Start Calculating Getis Statistic

; Calculate the top of the fraction
TopFraction =3D AOISum - (AOINumber * GlobMean)

; Calculate the square root
SquareRootAnswer =3D (AOINumber * (GlobNumber - AOINumber))/(GlobNumber
- 1)

; Calculate bottom of fraction
BottomFraction =3D GlobVariance * SquareRootAnswer

; Calculate Getis Statistic
Getis =3D TopFraction / BottomFraction

print, Getis

envi_batch_exit, /no_confirm

END

On Mar 27, 12:10=A0pm, robintw <r.t.wil...@rmplc.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
>
> ; Get the global mean
> GlobMean =3D MEAN(WholeBand)
>
> ; Get the global variance
> GlobVariance =3D VARIANCE(WholeBand)
>
> ; Get the number of values in the whole image
> SizeInfo =3D SIZE(WholeBand, /DIMENSIONS)
> GlobNumber =3D SizeInfo[0] * SizeInfo[1]
>
> ; --- Calculate variable values for the AOI
>
> ; Get the Sum of the values in the AOI
> AOISum =3D TOTAL(aoi)
>
> ; Get number of values in AOI
> SizeInfo =3D SIZE(aoi, /DIMENSIONS)
> AOINumber =3D SizeInfo[0] * SizeInfo[1]
>
> ; --- Start Calculating Getis Statistic
>
> ; Calculate the top of the fraction
> TopFraction =3D AOISum - (AOINumber * GlobMean)
>
> ; Calculate the square root
> SquareRootAnswer =3D (AOINumber * (GlobNumber - AOINumber))/(GlobNumber
> - 1)
>
> ; Calculate bottom of fraction
> BottomFraction =3D GlobVariance * SquareRootAnswer

IDL code running error in envi environment(ENVI + IDL)
Hello Everyone, while running the code in ENVI + IDL , I am getting an error, and I am not able to under stand the reson why the code is not working properly. Though I have written everything correctly. Kindly help me. I am attaching the code and the error which I am getting for reference. CODE - pro bstats ENVI, /RESTORE_BASE_SAVE_FILES ENVI_BATCH_INIT, LOG_FILE = 'batch.log' ENVI_OPEN_FILE, 'C:\Users\Sachin\Desktop\atvshot.jpg',r_fid=fid IF (fid EQ -1) THEN BEGIN ENVI_BATCH_EXIT RETURN ENDIF ENVI_FILE_QUERY, fid, NB = nb pos = LINDGEN(nb) ENVI_DOIT, &...

IDL and IDL-PVWAVE disambiguation
Hi I've noticed that a few open source IDL projects are finding themselves on sourceforge. However, the IDL category seems to have a mixture of both "Interface Definition Language" and "Interactive Data Language". Would it make more sense to have an IDL-PVWAVE category, or perhaps an IDL-ENVI category? https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350001&aid=1821007&group_id=1 Robbie ...

New Twist on %BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) error in IDL module for ENVI
Hi all, I'm running ENVI+IDL 4.8 on Lion with a set of IDL code located in ENVI's s= ave_add directory. My IDL code uses the CG routines for displays and statu= s windows that are outside of ENVI's domain. While my progress bar window= s are updating, the BadMatch errors are being thrown in the IDL window. Af= ter several hundred of these errors, the entire workbench/ENVI crashes in a= glorious fashion. I've followed David's article: http://www.idlcoyote.com/misc_tips/badmatch.php, and included 'Device, Retain=3D2; in my IDL startup file (didn't work) and =...

WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier:
Hi, I am pretty new to idl but have experience in other languages. I am working on a very large program originally created in idl 7, but I am working in idl 8.0.1. The following has been simplified from the program and produces an unusual error % Stepped to: ENVI_REAL_MAIN_BASE % WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 17. This error persists when the problematic portion of code is isolated as below. I have included the entire error message. Any suggestions to my ignorance or ways to overcome/fix this problem. pro testt compile_opt idl2 envi, /restore_base_save_files envi_batch_init...

IDL 7.0 & ENVI
A stupid question (i guess) I have IDL 7.0 instlled , also i have IDL6.4 & ENVI installed. What should i do in order to run ENVI under IDL 7.0. Thank you Kostas wrote: > A stupid question (i guess) > > I have IDL 7.0 instlled , also i have IDL6.4 & ENVI installed. What > should i do in order to run ENVI under IDL 7.0. I'm having the same problem at work. We can't seem to find a way to license IDL 7 and ENVI 4.4 at the same time with the license manager. I can't work out whether this is an sys admin problem or a real licensing problem. Does anyone know? Ch...

WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 2
Hi, when I run an idl programm (in envi batch mode) a second time in an idl session, I got the following error: WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 2. I don't think I opened or used any widget in the programm if this is what it meant. Why am I getting this? Sorry if this question is too simple and bored you... Thanks, Jenny Jenny writes: > Hi, when I run an idl programm (in envi batch mode) a second time in > an idl session, I got the following error: WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid > widget identifier: 2. I don't think I opened or used any widget in the > programm if t...

IDLE & MySQLdb import error
I installed python 2.5 and used the win package for installing MySQLdb. (I= am running Windows XP)=0AEverything works as expected using python directl= y (Windows command shell) but using IDLE gives the import error below.=0ASa= me error with PythonWin as my IDE and everything works using python 2.4-- w= ith IDLE and without, mySQLdb is loaded with out error.=0ABelow is the IDLE= screen capture=0A=0APython 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1= 310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32=0AType "copyright", "credits" or "license()" f= or more information.=0A ****...

Hello, Is there somebody knows how avoid the warning: Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search limit (wrong side of point)) poped in a buffer 3 times per minute font-lock-pr
Hello, Is there somebody who knows how avoid the warning: Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search limit (wrong side of point)) Thanks a lot because it makes xemacs unusable Annie Ressouche <Annie.Ressouche@sophia.inria.fr> writes: > Hello, > > Is there somebody who knows how avoid the warning: > Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search limit > (wrong side of point)) > > Thanks a lot because it makes xemacs unusable Google may know! http://www.xemacs.org/Releases/2005-07-15.html ...

how can i insert an IDL-Widget in the Envi-window?
Hi, i want to insert the idl-widget in the Envi-window. Can somebody help me? Thank you in advance Woods ...

Acqiuring data in &quot;Idle&quot; case and &quot;Go&quot; case
See SM Tester Bill 8-16-07 in the attached llb. &nbsp; On the block diagram, upper while loop, case "Idle" I have a Daq&nbsp;sub vi that displays the value on the front panel in a cluster on the front panel. (Works great) This allows the user to see the readings of the devices when they are mounting the pecimen under test.&nbsp; &nbsp; Next, I want to use the same Daq sub vi to display the data (to the same cluster on the fromt panel)&nbsp;&nbsp;for the&nbsp;"Go" case. In addition, I want the data collected in the "Go" case to be saved...

idl or envi?
Hi Our dept is considering getting envi. I'm happy with idl and will continue to use it, but I was wondering for people new to GIS, what specific advantages or disadvantages doe idl and envi have ovver each other? http://www.ittvis.com/ProductServices/ENVI.aspx Thanks! ...

Idle time, idle thoughts
http://ohlandl.kev009.com/SCSI/scsi_bus_competitiors.html -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP You ain't a-kidding. Louis Ohland schrieb: > > http://ohlandl.kev009.com/SCSI/scsi_bus_competitiors.html > Lacks ESDI which is a bus with up to 4 drives (according to specs) even using the separate data and control lines like St506. Not to mention IBMs DBA ESDI solution for the 50/55/70 series. Gereon The DBA ESDI is akin to IDE as to the electronics being on the drive, and none being required on the planar. When I get s...

ENVI + IDL
Folks, When you do a clean install of ENVI + IDL on Windows, there is a trick you need to do to get the IDL workbench to appear. I learned about it at an ENVI seminar, but Windows 7 ate those files. :-( Anyone know what this trick is? Otherwise, I'm going to have to do all my work in ENVI. Thanks, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/ Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.") David Fanning wrote: > Folks, > > When you do a clean install of ENVI + IDL on Windows...

distributed IDL or IDL on a Grid
Hi, We just concluded a little project which explored how one can make IDL work in a distributed environment. In particular, we investigated ways to create IDL clients for Web Services (examples dealt with accessing remote astronomical data and visualizing it locally via IDL). The prototype was implemented using Globus. In addition, we can run parallel IDL sessions on Grid nodes (nodes connected over WAN). Now we are supposed to submit Phase 2 proposal to NASA and are seeking for the community feedback. In particular, we have the following questions: Do you have scenarios when grid-IDL m...

ENVI to IDL
Hi all, I have exported a FLTARR(720,360,4) from ENVi to IDL. I would like to use this array in an IDL proc simultaneously. How do I achieve this? Please help and thanks in advance. On Jul 1, 7:04=A0pm, kamal <kamaljit.rajku...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I have exported a FLTARR(720,360,4) from ENVi to IDL. I would like to > use this array in an IDL proc simultaneously. How do I achieve this? > Please help and thanks in advance. Your question doesn't make much sense, but if you export the variable to IDL you can use it in IDL as the variable you saved it as.. If ...

Error in IDL
Hi, I get the error in running the program as "Attempt to call undefined procedure/function". So, I have added the path of the program to the default path using '! path'. Even it gives the same error. I tried 'resolve_all' command also. It says that ' % Compiled module: RESOLVE_ALL. % Attempt to call undefined procedure/function: 'DEFAULT'. % Error occurred at: RESOLVE_ALL_BODY 290 /usr/local/itt/idl71/lib/ resolve_all.pro % RESOLVE_ALL 351 /usr/local/itt/idl71/lib/ resolve_all.pro % $MAIN$ % Execution halte...

IDL-Widget
Hallo, i want to create a IDL-Widget with a full-resolution image., but i don't no how i can do it. Please, have somebody one idee? Thank you in advance woods1 writes: > i want to create a IDL-Widget with a full-resolution image., but i > don't no how i can do it. IDL> Slide_Image, image Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/ Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.") ...

VISualize 2009: IDL & ENVI user group meetings
Please join us in Washington DC for a new and exciting event for the geospatial, visualization and analysis professional - VISualize 2009. This event is designed to bring together IDL and ENVI users to provide opportunities for networking, sharing ideas and learning new ways to use IDL and ENVI. Day 1 (April 15th) - IDL User Group Day 1 of VISualize '09 will focus on applications developed using IDL. Learn more about how the powerful visualization and analysis tools of IDL can be used to help you get the answers you need from your data. Day 2 (April 16th) - ENVI User Group Day 2 of VISua...

Error in IDLE
--001a114029fa90caf1051d5b6945 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 I just installed python. But I'm unable to access IDLE after several clicks and double clicks. I even tried repairing by trying to reinstall but I have the same issue. --001a114029fa90caf1051d5b6945 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 <p dir="ltr">I just installed python. But I&#39;m unable to access IDLE after several clicks and double clicks. I even tried repairing by trying to reinstall but I have the same issue.</p> --001a114029fa90caf1051d5b6945-- ...

What causes inconsistent error: Error loading &quot;mydll.dll&quot; Invalid access to memory location.
I have a set of sample code vis which are wrappers around an external dll using the call library function nodes.&nbsp; These work in all versions of LabVIEW from 6.1 to 8.2.&nbsp; In version 8 and 8.2, there is an inconsistent error which appears after a vi is opened, run successfully, closed and then re-opened some time later - all without closing LabVIEW.&nbsp; The error is reported without an error number as 'Error loading "myDll.dll". Invalid access to memory location.'&nbsp; If LabVIEW is closed, reopened and the vi loaded again&nbsp;and run, it works...

VISualize 2012
Please join Exelis Visual Information Solutions at VISualize 2012, a two-day Spring event designed to explore real-world applications of ENVI and IDL. The theme for VISualize 2012 will be Climate Change and Environmental Monitoring. At VISualize you can connect with other thought leaders, researchers, and scientists who are actively using ENVI and IDL to pursue their scientific goals. REMINDER - Call for Abstracts (the submission deadline has passed but we can still accept a few more) Exelis VIS is now accepting abstracts for VISualize 2012. If you have an interesting application,...

IDL
Hello all So I have made some progress but I am stuck again being new to IDL So I got it to display a color image using the following code data = read_binary('avhrr_pf.ndvi.1nmegl.8207.bin', data_type = 4, data_dims = [360, 180], endian = 'big') device, decomposed = 0 xloadct window, 0, xsize = 360, ysize = 180 !order=1 tv, data However, I was trying to create a procedure so that I can just call it up. I keep getting this error File does not exist: 'homework1a.pro'. pro Homework1a, ^ % Syntax error. At: F:\GMUMAY2010\...

idl call envi function, running with out ENVI?
I just write a simple IDL program, while the major code write in IDL with some function of ENVI to speed up my programing. example: PRO test_read COMPILE_OPT idl2 file_name = DIALOG_PICKFILE(/READ,FILTER='*.*') ENVI_OPEN_FILE, file_name, r_fid=r_dem,/NO_REALIZE IF (r_dem EQ -1) THEN RETURN END I hope to release this code running without ENVI, what should I do? On Aug 24, 1:26=A0pm, "wxfe...@gmail.com" <wxfe...@gmail.com> wrote: > I just write a simple IDL program, while the major code write in IDL > with some function of ENVI to speed up my programing. ...

Fixes For IDL/ENVI Seg Faults Due To Linux X11 & Mesa Library Upgrades
Two unrelated library updates released in March/April 2007 by several Linux brands are proving to be incompatible with IDL versions through IDL 6.3/ENVI 4.3. In the last few days (~April 19) the IDL Graphics Interface development team has found both temporary workarounds for immediate relief and the path to a more permanent workaround that will be incorporated ASAP in IDL 6.4 For Linux and a follow-up patch for IDL 6.3/ENVI 4.3 For Linux. See ITT Tech Tip #4177 ("Upgrades in the Mesa library for Linux and in X11 Library Security Are Crashing IDL") at URL: http://www.ittvis.com/...

Web resources about - IDL & ENVI error: WIDGET_CONTROL: Invalid widget identifier: 17 - comp.lang.idl-pvwave