IDL

Hello all

So I have made some progress but I am stuck again being new to IDL

So I got it to display a color image using the following code

data = read_binary('avhrr_pf.ndvi.1nmegl.8207.bin', data_type = 4,
data_dims = [360, 180], endian = 'big')
device, decomposed = 0
xloadct
window, 0, xsize = 360, ysize = 180
!order=1
tv, data

However, I was trying to create a procedure so that I can just call it
up.

I keep getting this error

File does not exist: 'homework1a.pro'.
pro Homework1a,
                  ^
% Syntax error.
  At: F:\GMUMAY2010\GGS754EarthScienceandAdvanceDataAnalysis\Homework
\Homework1\Data\NDVI\HW1\Homework1a, Line 1
% 1 Compilation error(s) in module $MAIN$.
IDL> tv, data

What am I doing wrong?

How do I calculate which pixels correspond to the particular latitude
and longitude values that defines a subset, and then use IDL's array
subscripting to put that subset into a new variable?

How do I set up a loop to go through all of my NDVI images, extract
the appropriate subset, then display each subset?

I have taken some general notes

Define a 3D data array data(360, 180, 24)
for k=1,24
forming the file name for each k
read one file into an 2D array, say a
data(*,*,k) = a
end loop k

determine the indices for the given lat/lon, say ig, jg
pick the values for that location and form a time series vector
ts = data(ig, jg, *)

display the time series, ts
0
BigDaveII
3/20/2011 2:55:20 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Mar 20, 10:55=A0am, BigDaveII <davidharri...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> So I have made some progress but I am stuck again being new to IDL
>
> So I got it to display a color image using the following code
>
> data =3D read_binary('avhrr_pf.ndvi.1nmegl.8207.bin', data_type =3D 4,
> data_dims =3D [360, 180], endian =3D 'big')
> device, decomposed =3D 0
> xloadct
> window, 0, xsize =3D 360, ysize =3D 180
> !order=3D1
> tv, data
>
> However, I was trying to create a procedure so that I can just call it
> up.
>
> I keep getting this error
>
> File does not exist: 'homework1a.pro'.
> pro Homework1a,
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ^
> % Syntax error.
> =A0 At: F:\GMUMAY2010\GGS754EarthScienceandAdvanceDataAnalysis\Homework
> \Homework1\Data\NDVI\HW1\Homework1a, Line 1
> % 1 Compilation error(s) in module $MAIN$.
> IDL> tv, data
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> How do I calculate which pixels correspond to the particular latitude
> and longitude values that defines a subset, and then use IDL's array
> subscripting to put that subset into a new variable?
>
> How do I set up a loop to go through all of my NDVI images, extract
> the appropriate subset, then display each subset?
>
> I have taken some general notes
>
> Define a 3D data array data(360, 180, 24)
> for k=3D1,24
> forming the file name for each k
> read one file into an 2D array, say a
> data(*,*,k) =3D a
> end loop k
>
> determine the indices for the given lat/lon, say ig, jg
> pick the values for that location and form a time series vector
> ts =3D data(ig, jg, *)
>
> display the time series, ts

Hi, your first error is this right?
File does not exist: 'homework1a.pro'.
pro Homework1a,

The reason you are getting that is because the procedure name and the
file name are case sensitive and have to be the same. Try doing that
and see if works.
0
Ammar

IDL and IDL-PVWAVE disambiguation
Hi I've noticed that a few open source IDL projects are finding themselves on sourceforge. However, the IDL category seems to have a mixture of both "Interface Definition Language" and "Interactive Data Language". Would it make more sense to have an IDL-PVWAVE category, or perhaps an IDL-ENVI category? https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350001&aid=1821007&group_id=1 Robbie ...

distributed IDL or IDL on a Grid
Hi, We just concluded a little project which explored how one can make IDL work in a distributed environment. In particular, we investigated ways to create IDL clients for Web Services (examples dealt with accessing remote astronomical data and visualizing it locally via IDL). The prototype was implemented using Globus. In addition, we can run parallel IDL sessions on Grid nodes (nodes connected over WAN). Now we are supposed to submit Phase 2 proposal to NASA and are seeking for the community feedback. In particular, we have the following questions: Do you have scenarios when grid-IDL m...

Idle time, idle thoughts
http://ohlandl.kev009.com/SCSI/scsi_bus_competitiors.html -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP You ain't a-kidding. Louis Ohland schrieb: > > http://ohlandl.kev009.com/SCSI/scsi_bus_competitiors.html > Lacks ESDI which is a bus with up to 4 drives (according to specs) even using the separate data and control lines like St506. Not to mention IBMs DBA ESDI solution for the 50/55/70 series. Gereon The DBA ESDI is akin to IDE as to the electronics being on the drive, and none being required on the planar. When I get s...

IDL calls C calls IDL?
Hey again, I've been thinking, I have code that does LINKIMAGE 'func' ,..... for t=0,tmax-1 func(data) idl_function(data) endfor Is it possible to call idl_function from within C ? I want it to be like this In IDL: func(data) Then it passes onto C which does for (t=0; t<tmax;t++) { do whatever it does with data CALL IDL_FUNCTION(data) } This eliminates me calling func a few million times Can it be done? On Sep 11, 11:53=A0am, "hotplainr...@gmail.com" <hotplainr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey again, > > I've been thinking, I have cod...

Stopped at idle+0x20: jmp idle
Hi, I have an OpenBSD 3.5-stable (GENERIC) i386. It acts as a firewall/router. This is the second time that this idle+0x20 error happened to my OpenBSD machine. A reboot seems to clear up the problem. But I'd like to know why I have the problem and how can I solve it. I did some searching, but not much information came out. I'd appreciate any URL, guide or explanation. Thank you in advance. The hardware: Pentium-II 350MHz 128MB RAM 2 GB IDE HDD 3 NICs: * xl0 3Com 3c905B 100Base-TX rev 0x30 * xl1 3Com 3c905B 100Base-TX rev 0x30 * fxp0 Intel 82557 rev 0x05 As...

problems with IDL-IDL bridge spawning
Hi all, Recently I've started using the IDL-IDL bridge to parallelize some simulations. Only certain parts of the algorithm are suitable for this, so my approach is to alternate, thus: - run Do_Stuff_1 in main IDL session, - spawn 8 bridges, each of which runs a copy of Do_Stuff_2 - when they're done, back in the main session, obj_destroy all the bridges, run Do_Stuff_3, and then loop back to the start for the next iteration. Thus the code alternates between running bridged code and just regular IDL. At first I thought things were working fine, but for some reason, part ...

IDL nested structures in Callable IDL
Hi everybody, I am trying to create a IDL nested structure from C and I am going a bit nuts because I can't find the way. The application fails when I try cDef=IDL_MakeStruct(NULL,cTags). I am trying to create an equivalent of: data={N_ITEMS:2, DATA1:data1, DATA2:data2} where data1 and data2 data1={x:dblarr(numberPoints1), y:dblarr(numberPoints1)} data2={x:dblarr(numberPoints2), y:dblarr(numberPoints2)} just only trying to include data1 static IDL_MEMINT dataInDims[]={1,1}; static IDL_MEMINT x_dim[] = {1,numberPoints1}; static IDL_MEMINT y_dim[] = {1,numberPoints1}; ...

Where is IDLE?
I can't find it in the 2.3.3 source tarkit. Shouldn't it be in the Tools directory? BTW I am trying to embed an IDLE-type interpreter into a Qt TextEdit widget. Has anyone done the same? -bobby There are lots of Python IDEs, why do you want to implement another one ? -- Best Regards "Bobby Mozumder" <mozumder@dsmpro.com> wrote in message news:mailman.293.1083822310.25742.python-list@python.org... > I can't find it in the 2.3.3 source tarkit. Shouldn't it be in the > Tools directory? > > BTW I am trying to embed an IDLE-type interpreter in...

IDLE
Newbie question. Installed Python 2.4 successfully. However, double clicking on the IDLE icon activates the hour glass cursor and then dies. The IDLE window does not come up. I am sure it is something trivial that I am not doing Any thoughts George george schreef: > Newbie question. > > Installed Python 2.4 successfully. > However, double clicking on the IDLE icon activates the hour glass > cursor and then dies. The IDLE window does not come up. > I am sure it is something trivial that I am not doing Happended to me too. Idle is trying to get access to tcp/ip services and...

save in idl 8 / read in idl 7
Hi not sure but I think in the past it was independent from the idl version for reading variables from stored sav files. Currently I can't read by idl 7 a parameter from a sav file if it was stored with idl 8. Am I right? I am not speaking about compiled routines. There I remember they need always to be recompiled. cheers Reimar Reimar Bauer writes: > not sure but I think in the past it was independent from the idl version > for reading variables from stored sav files. > > Currently I can't read by idl 7 a parameter from a sav file if it was > ...

How does IDLE do it?
I recently wrote some code that prints information about the 'jukugo' used in Japanese newspaper articles. A jukugo is a Japanese word written with at least 2 kanji. An example of a 2-kanji jukugo is =E5=8D=B1= =E6=A9=9F (kiki -- crisis). I found that I could not use my usual IDE to render the Japanese correctly in either the code or the output. But IDLE (version 3.1.2; Windows Vista) does a beautiful job! See screen shots <http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Japanese_in_code_with_Courier_New_in_IDLE.jpg> and <http://www.rcblue.com/Misc/Japanese_output_with_Courier_New_in_IDLE...

IDLE?
I'm trying to find the correct method of launching IDLE (v 0.8) to debug a script. When I run without a script name and then enable the debugger option and then load and run the script I have no problems. However, I need to be able to add command line options (-h or --help). I can run the script with command line options (without the preceding IDLE) just fine but when I attempt to run "\Python22\Tools\IDLE\idle -d test.py -h" I get a syntax error on the call to Main() if __name__ == '__main__': main() File "test.py", line 367 main() ^ Sy...

Comparing IDL to C++ with IDL to C++11
Hi, We have posted the first version of a new presentation that compares the IDL to C++ with the IDL to C++11 language mapping. You can obtain a free copy from our slideshare account at http://www.slideshare.net/RemedyIT/comparing-idl-to-c-with-idl-to-c11 Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT http://www.theaceorb.nl ...

Idle
Hi there, I have a OnIdle function that processes wxIdleEvents. Sometimes, this function performs long tasks (1s). In that case, my application freeze: the GUI is not repainted, I can't quit nor click anywhere. The only solution I found is to call Yield(), but I would like to avoid this since is introduces instability. And by the way, I don't understand why other events that wxIdleEvents are not processed, even if the wxIdleEvents processing is a bit slow. Events are queued, aren't they? G. On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 17:13:56 +0200 Guillaume GOURDIN <trash@hotmai...

Web resources about - IDL - comp.lang.idl-pvwave

IDL (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IDL , short for Interactive Data Language , is a programming language used for data analysis. It is popular in particular areas of science, such ...

IDL activates ‘cat-signal’ to protest against Cispa
Activists use an internet signalling system to co-ordinate protests against the proposed US Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (Cispa) ...

The iHome iDL 100G Stereo FM Clock Radio Has 3 Charging Docks
... iHome. At CES 2013 , iHome has launched a new line of stereo FM clock radios. This FM clock radio lets you dock an iOS device. The iHome iDL100G ...

Purple X "IDL" by Wormwoodmt - Free Listening on SoundCloud
Video for this track can be found RIGHT HERE GO NOW FLY YOU FOOLS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808S7uMmOHM I'm on twitter sometimes twitt ...

Life Sim – “IDL” Video
Life Sim is one of the few names under the PC Music umbrella that we don't know much about. It could be the moniker of " Finn Diesel ," judging ...

iHome iDL 100 Stereo Clock Dock Charges Three Gadgets at Once
... iHome has revealed an interesting gadget that will be on display at CES 2013. The device is an alarm clock docking station called the iDL 100. ...

IDL - TorrentFreak
The Internet Defense League (IDL) launches today, looking to formalise the action that made such a statement 6 months ago. Until recently, protests ...

New products: Charge 3 devices at once with iDL Radio
This roundup takes a look at the practical and sometimes quirky aspects of tech products.

Notice Continuation of the National Emergency With Respect to Libya IDLs and Notice
NOTICE - - - - - - - CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO LIBYA On February 25, 2011, by Executive Order 13566, I declared ...

Flickr: Rob Sheridan's Photostream
Hi, I'm Rob. I make things. You can follow me on Twitter: @rob_sheridan My website is www.rob-sheridan.com More of my travel photos are here. ...