Problem with RESOLVE_ROUTINE

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I'd like to compile a function from within a procedure, and I'm using RESOLVE_ROUTINE for that:

pro test_pro
    resolve_routine, 'test_func', /is_function
    print, test_func(2)
end

However, this doesn't seem to be working... if I (1) open the function file (see below), (2) change the return statement to x^3, (3) close it without compiling it, and (4) run the procedure above again, it will continue to print "4".

function test_func, x
    return, x^2
end

I have no problems if I enter ".COMPILE test_func" at the command line. Any ideas?

Thank you
0
Reply fgg 2/24/2011 7:17:32 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Feb 24, 2:17=A0pm, fgg <fabioguimaraesgoncal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to compile a function from within a procedure, and I'm using RES=
OLVE_ROUTINE for that:

> pro test_pro
> =A0 =A0 resolve_routine, 'test_func', /is_function
> =A0 =A0 print, test_func(2)
> end
>
> However, this doesn't seem to be working... if I (1) open the function fi=
le (see below), (2) change the return statement to x^3, (3) close it withou=
t compiling it, and (4) run the procedure above again, it will continue to =
print "4".

> function test_func, x
> =A0 =A0 return, x^2
> end
>
> I have no problems if I enter ".COMPILE test_func" at the command line. A=
ny ideas?

> Thank you

I faced this issue several times before I started to have the reflex
to always do a full reset before compiling
> .reset

Jean
0
Reply Jean 2/25/2011 3:08:07 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 10798 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo
First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> > DELETE Z*.*;* > DELETE Y*.*;* > ... > DELETE A*.*;* > > (followed by the numbers). This scheme may be a bit obsolete. See: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#index_x_890 I quote: [...] 5.2.3.1.2 Extended Character Set In addition, OpenVMS V7.2 on Alpha systems and ODS-5 disks includes support for the use of file names, and subdirectory and root subdirectory names, tha...

Re: How many files can you have in a VMS directory without performance problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? performance problems? performance problems? problems? perfo #2
On 8/17/05, Mark Berryman <mark@theberrymans.com> wrote: > Steven M. Schweda wrote: > > First, does anyone know why Info-VAX goes nuts on subjects from time > > to time? (Or is the trouble elsewhere?) >=20 > Elsewhere. Info-VAX does not rewrite the subject. >=20 > Mark Berryman > Info-VAX admin >=20 I thought it was reacting to poster sanity bugchecks. : ^ ) WWWebb --=20 NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related correspondence. All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for services pursuant to the t...

Is this a BIOS problem, a kernel problem or a user problem :-)
Hi all, I have a Dual Core P4, which dmesg reports as (CPU0 and) CPU1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 5 CPU 2.66GHz stepping 07 Unfortunately, it is also reporting CPU: Hyper-Threading is disabled I went through the BIOS (AMI dated 2005) and saw no option to enable HT. uname -a reports Linux hwa3 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 18:45:35 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux so clearly the BIOS and the kernel see the processor as dual core. Is there a utility to do this (enable hyperthreading)? Am I going to have to recompile the kernel? Is there a set of Intel dual core CPU's which does not have H...

CUPS problem? or network problem? or printer problem?
Trying to configure CUPS to print to an HP LaserJet 5si over the network. Here is the relevant error_log stuff: I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Job 14 queued on 'ptr' by 'wm'. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/texttops (PID 12120) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops (PID 1 2121) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster (P ID 12122) for job 14. I [17/Nov/2003:14:19:03 -0500] Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprint er (PID 1...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Di...

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the...

Is it a know problem this problem? (an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem)
I met a problem which can be considered as an extension of Nearest-Neighbor Problem. Suppose we have n (e.g. n = 10) robots and m (e.g., m = n = 10) locations to explore in a 3-dimensional space. We want to assign each robot to explore a possible location, while minimizing the summation of the distances between each robot-location pair. If n = 1 or m = 1, it is clear this is a nearest-neighbor problem. What if both n and m are greater than 1 (n and m are not necessarily equal)? Is it a known problem which has been addressed by some heuristic algorithm? Thanks. This sounds more like an opt...

problem with a minimazition problem.
Hello, I have a problem with a minimazition problem: Let my aim is to find x and a where f(x,a) is minimized with the constraint g(x,a)=0. Here "a" is parameter. It is known that for some values of x and a, function g does not have real roots of x. In matlab, I use fmincon function to solve this minimazition problem with "interior-point" algorithm. However, even in situations where g doesnt have real x roots , somehow Fmincon finds solution. I want to determine which solutions have real roots which are not. How can I do that? To which criterian do I have to...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

A simple problem, but a problem ...
Hello, can anyone solve the following problem ? It looks quite simple to me, but I can't get it right. The advice suggests the following: mr(yes). mr(no). mrs(yes). mrs(no). marcel(yes). marcel(no). jacqu(yes). jacqu(no). grandpa(yes). grandpa(no). but how can I use this to solve the problem ? thanx a lot Maxx Problem: If Mr. Johnson goes, his wife goes too. At least one of the children, Marcel or Jacqueline, goes too. If Marcel goes, grandpa goes too. If Mrs. Johnson goes, grandpa stays at home. If Jacqueline goes, Mr. Johnson and Marcel go too. Write a prolog program, which det...

Problem with problem section
Hi, I have defined as follows: ------------------------------------------------------------------- \newtheorem{problem}{Problem}[section] --------------------------------------------------------------------------- and I use as: ----------------------------------------------------- \begin{problem} \label{ch6:p2} {\bf {Understanding {\bf XXX} assignment}} Convert the code in problem \ref{ch6:p1} to {\bf XXX} assignment. Fill the table \ref{ch6:p1t}, along with the comments. \end{problem} ------------------------------------------------------------------- What I want is all my figures and t...

Lan problems problems
Hi can anyone please offer a suggestion to a LAN Problem i have. Recently my server computer on a 3 access point lan network has been dropping out after about 10 minutes. if i disconnect the power from the ethernet switch/hub and reconnect after 5 minutes, then it works again for a short time. there is no disconnection from the other servers. I have,..... 1.reformatted and rebuilt windows xp pro. 2.tested the switch/hub on another computer, seems ok 3. tested the lan cables. 4. tested the lan access points. yet still i have the trouble. any suggestions would be welcomed. D.Thomas Di...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same probl...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable ...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

db problem BIG PROBLEM
We are having a problem on our database, DB2 running on 0s/400 v5r1 and SAP 4.6b. We have a database table on Sap that isn't aligned with the table on the db, this was caused by a breakdown during a transportation. At this moment the table on Sap have one field more than the fields list that we see into db2 from as400. Someone can help us? thanks to all alberto How about running an ALTER TABLE and adding the missing field to the DB2 file? Sam "Alberto" <albe.net@caleffi.it> wrote in message news:1160089901.442664.271060@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We are h...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater ...

Threading problem / Paramiko problem ?
Hello everyone, I wrote "concurrent ssh" client using Paramiko, available here: http://python.domeny.com/cssh.py This program has a function for concurrent remote file/dir copying (class SSHThread, method 'sendfile'). One thread per host specified is started for copying (with a working queue of maximum length, of course). It does have a problem with threading or Paramiko, though: - If I specify, say, 3 hosts, the 3 threads started start copying onto remote hosts fast (on virtual machine, 10-15MB/s), using somewhat below 100% of CPU all the time (I wish i...

Problem in solving a problem by matlab.
Hello Everybody, I am having a problem in back propagation network. It is not a direct one to use sofwares like matlab for simulation. The problem is briefly described as follows. I want to specify the number of interconnections in the hidden layer or between the hidden layers. Can this possible using Matlab? Also I want to share the weights between two sets of hidden layers how to do that in Matlab? Please suggest me any other GUI softwares that can solve both the above problems or give me suggestions or atleast the posibility of doing this in Matlab(any...

Cable problem or card problem
hi i have a tekram scsi card, i have connected my hd on her 68-Pin Wide SCSI Internal that work fine. this week i received a adaptect 39160. i have connected my hd with the same cable of my other scsi card, under linux i get some message: Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: SCSI error : <1 0 0 0> return code = 0x6000000 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 19847 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: Incorrect number of segments after building list Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: counted 9, received 3 Dec 12 16:11:15 linux kernel: req nr_sec 1016, cur_nr_sec 8 Dec 12 1...

mail problem?, DNS problem?
In testing a backup mail server, I shut down the primary, and started sendmail (server configuration) on the back up. It didn't quite work like I thought. I thought that the sendmail clients would examine the mx records and try the different servers in order until it found one that worked or it gave up trying. Below I ran sendmail with the verbose option and switch -d8.8 so I could follow the DNS queries. It tries to send it to the primary server, but that fails, and doesn't attempt to deliver to any of the others. The backup server is called aka and the client is hol. /usr/lib/sen...