VISualize 2009: IDL & ENVI user group meetings

Please join us in Washington DC for a new and exciting event for the
geospatial, visualization and analysis professional - VISualize 2009.
This event is designed to bring together IDL and ENVI users to provide
opportunities for networking, sharing ideas and learning new ways to
use IDL and ENVI.

Day 1 (April 15th) - IDL User Group
Day 1 of VISualize '09 will focus on applications developed using IDL.
Learn more about how the powerful visualization and analysis tools of
IDL can be used to help you get the answers you need from your data.

Day 2 (April 16th) - ENVI User Group
Day 2 of VISualize '09 will highlight applications using ENVI. You
will learn more about how ENVI helps you get the important information
you need from imagery.

Information and Registration:
http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/info/summary.aspx?e=a2def77e-b284-4fc4-9679-bb74f39d41fe

Bill Okubo
IDL Product Manager
0
bokubo (30)
3/19/2009 5:13:21 PM
comp.lang.idl-pvwave 12260 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

bokubo@ittvis.com wrote:
> Please join us in Washington DC for a new and exciting event for the
> geospatial, visualization and analysis professional - VISualize 2009.
> This event is designed to bring together IDL and ENVI users to provide
> opportunities for networking, sharing ideas and learning new ways to
> use IDL and ENVI.
>
> Day 1 (April 15th) - IDL User Group
> Day 1 of VISualize '09 will focus on applications developed using IDL.
> Learn more about how the powerful visualization and analysis tools of
> IDL can be used to help you get the answers you need from your data.
>
> Day 2 (April 16th) - ENVI User Group
> Day 2 of VISualize '09 will highlight applications using ENVI. You
> will learn more about how ENVI helps you get the important information
> you need from imagery.
>
> Information and Registration:
> http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/info/summary.aspx?e=a2def77e-b284-4fc4-9679-bb74f39d41fe
>
> Bill Okubo
> IDL Product Manager

Just a reminder to register for VISualize and a plug for a hands-on demo
with GPULib that Peter Messmer and I will be doing after the talks on
the first day of talks (5 pm on April 15 at the same location). If you
are interested, you need to sign-up:

   http://www.txcorp.com/products/GPULib/VISualize2009.php

We�ll get you started with what you need to know to begin using GPULib
to get big speedups in your code.

Please install GPULib beforehand. Don�t worry if your laptop doesn�t
have a CUDA enabled graphics card, GPULib has a pure IDL emulation mode
that can be used in class.

Mike
--
www.michaelgalloy.com
Associate Research Scientist

VISualize 2012
Please join Exelis Visual Information Solutions at VISualize 2012, a two-day Spring event designed to explore real-world applications of ENVI and IDL. The theme for VISualize 2012 will be Climate Change and Environmental Monitoring. At VISualize you can connect with other thought leaders, researchers, and scientists who are actively using ENVI and IDL to pursue their scientific goals. REMINDER - Call for Abstracts (the submission deadline has passed but we can still accept a few more) Exelis VIS is now accepting abstracts for VISualize 2012. If you have an interesting application,...

IDL/ENVI User Group Meeting Call for Abstracts
ITT VIS is now accepting abstracts for VISualize 2011 in Washington, DC. April 12-14, 2011 If you have an interesting application, a desire to report success in furthering your research, or want to demonstrate a creative approach using ENVI or IDL, VISualize 2011 offers the perfect venue to share it with your peers or to get feedback from other users in the community. Abstract submission deadline is March 11, 2011. Your abstract submission should include the title of your presentation, your name and contact information, the organization you are representing, a short informal description of y...

IDL User Group Meeting 2012
VIS is hosting an IDL user group meeting on Sep 19-20 at LASP on CU-Boulder's East Campus. We'll have a day of workshops/discussion and a day of talks. We'll also have a visualization contest. Get pumped for two days of IDL geekiness! Details, registration information and the call for abstracts are available here: http://exelisvis.cvent.com/events/idl-user-group-2012-fall-meeting-boulder-co/event-summary-efa284a5814f478e8dfdb322b42d171b.aspx. See you in September! mp ...

AGU IDL Users Group meeting
I finally wrote up a quick summary of the IDL Users Group meeting at AGU, which described IDL 8.0: http://michaelgalloy.com/2009/12/28/agu-idl-users-group-meeting.html Mike -- www.michaelgalloy.com Research Mathematician Tech-X Corporation On Dec 28 2009, 2:40=A0pm, mgalloy <mgal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I finally wrote up a quick summary of the IDL Users Group meeting at > AGU, which described IDL 8.0: > > =A0 =A0http://michaelgalloy.com/2009/12/28/agu-idl-users-group-meeting.ht= ml Mike, Thanks for writing this up. I was hoping to attend that meet...

Register for the 2008 IDL User Group Meeting
Sign up for the 2nd Annual IDL User Group Meeting on Oct 16, 2008. The meeting will be held at LASP, University of Colorado Campus in Boulder, CO. On the preceding day, Oct 15, ITT VIS in Boulder will also host two, hands-on seminars for those interested in learning more about IDL 7.0 and the upcoming IDL 7.1 release. To register, or for more information about the 2008 IDL User Group Meeting, visit http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/info/summary.aspx?e=b658cf4e-82ca-4dd0-bad8-cc49020952b2. Bill Okubo IDL Product Manager ITT Visual Information Solutions In article <f7a73d6c-b4aa-4b70-8b19-17...

IDL User Group Meeting 2012 #2
The IDL User Group Meeting 2012 will be held September 18-19 at LASP's Space Science Building on CU Boulder's East Campus. Here's an overview of what we have planned: http://idldatapoint.com/2012/08/02/idl-user-group-meeting-2012/ with links to more detailed info + where to sign up. Please join us! Let's talk IDL. mp ...

IDL User Group Meeting Huge Success
Folks, I thought you might like an update on today's IDL User Group meeting in Boulder. What a HUGE success! Kudo's to Harold Cline, Bill Okubo, and all the fine folks at ITTVIS for a wonderful day of exciting and stimulating presentations. The festivities actually started yesterday, when a dozen or so "early testers" of the new IDL 7.1 Workbench were invited to do a series of exercises in front of the IDL engineering staff. I was one of the "testers", and boy did they get an earful about my ideas for iTools! But not once was I told, "Now, hang on, Fanning, y...

IDL and IDL-PVWAVE disambiguation
Hi I've noticed that a few open source IDL projects are finding themselves on sourceforge. However, the IDL category seems to have a mixture of both "Interface Definition Language" and "Interactive Data Language". Would it make more sense to have an IDL-PVWAVE category, or perhaps an IDL-ENVI category? https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350001&aid=1821007&group_id=1 Robbie ...

Blogging the IDL User's Group Meeting
Folks, An IDL newsgroup first: Live Blogging! from the IDL User's Group meeting, 24 Feb 2010, Boulder, CO. Kirk Bennel, Chief Technology Officer, "the best release we have had in the last 10 years, maybe even ever." I think he may be right about this. It *is* exciting. "Expect to see not just marketing people, but people who build the product on the road, talking to customers." "Focusing on Software for Science." ;******************************************************* Bill Okubo, ID Product Manager. It wasn't a dream, which is wha...

IDL code running error in envi environment(ENVI + IDL)
Hello Everyone, while running the code in ENVI + IDL , I am getting an error, and I am not able to under stand the reson why the code is not working properly. Though I have written everything correctly. Kindly help me. I am attaching the code and the error which I am getting for reference. CODE - pro bstats ENVI, /RESTORE_BASE_SAVE_FILES ENVI_BATCH_INIT, LOG_FILE = 'batch.log' ENVI_OPEN_FILE, 'C:\Users\Sachin\Desktop\atvshot.jpg',r_fid=fid IF (fid EQ -1) THEN BEGIN ENVI_BATCH_EXIT RETURN ENDIF ENVI_FILE_QUERY, fid, NB = nb pos = LINDGEN(nb) ENVI_DOIT, &...

[tao-users] How to rebuild idl.ll and idl.yy?
TAO VERSION: 2.2.1 ACE VERSION: 6.2.1 HOST & TARGET: Linux 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jun 13 18:24:36 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.3 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: #include "ace/config-linux.h" THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU: include/platform_macros.GNU include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: TAO/TAO_IDL: Modify idl.ll and idl.yy and build SYNOPSIS: How to rebuild idl.ll and ...

IDL 7.0 & ENVI
A stupid question (i guess) I have IDL 7.0 instlled , also i have IDL6.4 & ENVI installed. What should i do in order to run ENVI under IDL 7.0. Thank you Kostas wrote: > A stupid question (i guess) > > I have IDL 7.0 instlled , also i have IDL6.4 & ENVI installed. What > should i do in order to run ENVI under IDL 7.0. I'm having the same problem at work. We can't seem to find a way to license IDL 7 and ENVI 4.4 at the same time with the license manager. I can't work out whether this is an sys admin problem or a real licensing problem. Does anyone know? Ch...

[tao-users] [IDL union]: octet not a valid IDL union discriminator type?
TAO VERSION: 1.4.2 ACE VERSION: 5.4.2 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux or Windows. TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): n/a AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: n/a DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: COMPILATION? No. LINKING? No. EXECUTION? No. OTHER (please specify)? IDL compilation. SYNOPSIS: IDL type "octet" is not recognized as a valid union discriminator type. DESCRIPTION: The following IDL does not compile with ...

[tao-users] CORBA 2.2 IDL v CORBA 2.3 IDL
Can someone tell me, or point me to an easy way to find out how the IDL language spec changed between 2.2 and 2.3? It looks like OBV got added then. Anything else of note? I'm mostly interested in changes to the IDL language itself. -malcolm -- +-----+ |SPEED| "It's not just a good idea, it's the law" | | - Albert Einstein (paraphrased) | c | | | |LIMIT| +-----+ ...

Web resources about - VISualize 2009: IDL & ENVI user group meetings - comp.lang.idl-pvwave

Facebook Launches Friendship Pages To Visualize Relationships
Did you ever want an easy way to visualize the relationship between you and somebody else on Facebook? Starting today users will be able to do ...

Facebook Lexicon visualizes conversation trends on Facebook
Facebook today announced the launch of Facebook Lexicon , a visualization tool reminiscent of Google Trends. Just as Google Trends measures and ...

Twitter Engineering: Visualize Data Workflows with Ambrose
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 Visualize Data Workflows with Ambrose Last Friday at our Apache Pig Hackathon, we open-sourced Twitter Ambrose , a tool ...

Visualize Healing with Andrew Johnson on the App Store on iTunes
Get Visualize Healing with Andrew Johnson on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

A different way to visualize rhythm - John Varney - YouTube
View full lesson: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/a-different-way-to-visualize-rhythm-john-varney In standard notation, rhythm is indicated on a musical ...

Virtual Canary in the Digital Mine #9: Visualize Targeted Review and Instant Case Enlightenment!
Dear Reader, we’ve covered many topics over the past months: iPhones, Octonauts, Justins. We’ve covered TAR, cyber-security and playing well ...

Twitter, Bluefin, Facebook and Foursquare Visualize a Nation Voting
Just how skewed are social-media users when it comes to the U.S. presidential election? We'll find out for sure tomorrow (hopefully), but for ...

Kanban in One Minute – Visualize the Workflow
Learn more about our Scrum and Agile training sessions on WorldMindware.com Great new video about Kanban by Michael Badali. This is the third ...

My Favourite Ways to Visualize Ideas
We write a lot in the Edge of Chaos blog about visualization, and how helpful it is for project management, problem-solving, strategic thinking ...

Too Long, Didn’t Read? Let Wibbitz Summarize And Visualize It For You
... available now in the App Store for free. Wibbitz: Watch your news as video summaries Too Long, Didn’t Read? Let Wibbitz Summarize And Visualize ...