3d graph algorithm,how set objects coordinate in a 3d world

Anyone know an algorithm to deploy 3d object in a 3d world? should be a 3d
tree rappresentation
--
Emiliano

0
Emiliano
8/13/2003 2:09:45 PM
comp.lang.java.3d 517 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Emiliano wrote:

> Anyone know an algorithm to deploy 3d object in a 3d world? should be a 3d
> tree rappresentation
> --
> Emiliano

To clarify,
Are you trying to lay out some kind or internal data structure in 3d
space (i.e. some nodes and links between them) so that they can be
sensibly viewed?

I am trying to find a solution to the same problem, the best I have
found so far is 2d layout algorithm (I found a good description for a
proposed university project:
	"The common 2D spring layout algorithm is based on the idea of 	spring
forces. It automatically rearranges the nodes and edges of a graph based
on the internal structure of the graph, i.e. if two nodes are connected
they are attracted to each other, otherwise they are pushed apart. If
the algorithm is iterated a few times, the graph reaches a stable
position and does not move anymore. CodeCrawler already implements such
a 2D algorithm: It shows the animation of a software system which tries
to reach a stable structure. Using this, the nodes (i.e. software
entities) which are central to the application will move to the core,
while obsolete or barely connected nodes are pushed to the edge. This
project proposes a 3D implementation (and visualization of the
animation) of the algorithm with several possible extensions."
	from http://scgwiki.iam.unibe.ch:8080/SCG/298

I havn't found an implementation and am currently planning on writing my
own version.

Anybody want to help (e.g. we could set up a sourceforge project).

Cheers

Rory

0
Rory
8/14/2003 3:42:09 PM
And then there are of course the famous cone trees (try google, eg.
http://research.compaq.com/SRC/3D-animate/conetree.html).

Carsten

"Emiliano" <emilio@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message
> Anyone know an algorithm to deploy 3d object in a 3d world? should be a 3d
> tree rappresentation
> --
> Emiliano

0