McNealy gives it away

``McNealy gives it away

``[...] McNealy?s intimates might provide the real clues as
  to what it means. Jon Feiber, a Sun manager from 1983 to
  1991, says in High Noon, a book about McNealy, that ?if
  Scott blinks at all, Microsoft will eat his lunch.
  Anything other than absolute conviction and unbelievable
  maniacal desire to compete with Microsoft is going to
  lose. You?re not going to beat Bill Gates by being
  conciliatory or compromising.?

  This deal looks like a loss. [...]''
--
__________
 |im |yler  http://timtyler.org/  tim@tt1lock.org  Remove lock to reply.
0
Tim
4/15/2004 10:39:37 AM
comp.lang.java.advocacy 1727 articles. 0 followers. see_website (5876) is leader. Post Follow

Tim Tyler wrote:

> ``McNealy gives it away
>
> ``[...] McNealy?s intimates might provide the real clues as
>   to what it means. Jon Feiber, a Sun manager from 1983 to
>   1991, says in High Noon, a book about McNealy, that ?if
>   Scott blinks at all, Microsoft will eat his lunch.
>   Anything other than absolute conviction and unbelievable
>   maniacal desire to compete with Microsoft is going to
>   lose. You?re not going to beat Bill Gates by being
>   conciliatory or compromising.?
>
>   This deal looks like a loss. [...]''

"Realize I don�t want to be a miser
Confide wisely you�ll be the wiser
Young blood is the lovin� upriser
How come everybody wanna keep it like the kaiser

Give it away give it away give it away now
Give it away give it away give it away now
Give it away give it away give it away now
I can�t tell if I�m a king pin or a pauper"

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

THAT ONE WAS BY THE "RED HOT SCOTTY PEPPERS"!
0
JTK
4/16/2004 2:34:53 AM
Yeah,Yeah. Bla Bla Bla.
Shut the (*&^(^*&^ up.
It's not your company is it. Sun has towed the line and gone it alone
all these years. Doing BOTH hardware AND software R&D and development.
And, footing the bill for it. Hey big mouth. Is it YOUR company. NO.
So, step off and give the man a break. If you think you can do better.
Start your own company. Go through years of slim growth. Narrow profit
margins AND Sustain the
sort of inovation that McNeally and Sun has.  Then, write all the self
agrandizing BS you want. Until then. ZIP it.
I for one support McNeallys'' decision. He did what he had to do. For
the good of Sun Microsystems and himself. I have been a big Sun fan
since my NYU days in the CS labs. And, will forever be a big
Sun/McNeally fan.

Out!!!

JTK wrote:
> Tim Tyler wrote:
>
>> ``McNealy gives it away
>>
>> ``[...] McNealy?s intimates might provide the real clues as
>>   to what it means. Jon Feiber, a Sun manager from 1983 to   1991,
>> says in High Noon, a book about McNealy, that ?if   Scott blinks at
>> all, Microsoft will eat his lunch.   Anything other than absolute
>> conviction and unbelievable   maniacal desire to compete with
>> Microsoft is going to   lose. You?re not going to beat Bill Gates by
>> being   conciliatory or compromising.?
>>   This deal looks like a loss. [...]''
>

> "Realize I don�t want to be a miser
> Confide wisely you�ll be the wiser
> Young blood is the lovin� upriser
> How come everybody wanna keep it like the kaiser
>
> Give it away give it away give it away now
> Give it away give it away give it away now
> Give it away give it away give it away now
> I can�t tell if I�m a king pin or a pauper"
>
> BAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
>
> THAT ONE WAS BY THE "RED HOT SCOTTY PEPPERS"!

0
kevinc