[Ann] UIHierarchy 1.1.1 is out!

Hi all,

Some news of UIHierarchy, the AWT/Swing containement hierarchy helper
library.

-- Release 1.1.1 is out --

* What is UIHierarchy:
The UIHierarchy library aims at simplifying the development of user
interfaces
made in AWT or Swing.
It simplifies code syntax to match the mental picture of containement
hierarchy,
which makes it easier to develop and maintain small to complex user
interfaces.
License terms are Sun Public License 1.0.

* Project pages:
The homepage is: http://chrriis.brainlex.com/projects/uihierarchy.
The SourceForge project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/uihierarchy.
The Proposed dowloads are:
- UIHierarchy.zip: contains the library "UIHierarchy.jar"
- UIHierarchySrc.zip: contains the sources of the library, and the javadoc.
You
probably need the NanoXml parser to compile the XML helper class.

* Documentation:
Some documentation is available in the project homepage, along with
examples.

* Changes in Release 1.1.1:
- FormLayout is supported.
- Component creators to support any kind of automatic component creation.
- New build construct with more enforcement using the new UIH class.
- Complete rewrite of UIHierarchy to use UIH internally.
- Nested arrays construct was useless, so it is removed. API gets easier.
- Print was mixing "out" and "err" output streams. Now fixed.
- Print could not handle null layout managers. Now fixed.
- Print: package names are removed to shorten the classes names.
- NullLayout constraints handler is added, to set the x and y locations.
- Old UIHierarchy still exist, but deprecated to use new methods names.
- GridbagHConstraints is now case insensitive.
- GridbagHConstraints reports errors when a key or a value is unknown.
- BorderLayout constraints handler is added.
- XML now supports rootnode, more logical than subnode.

* Some features, up to now:
- Really small library.
- Ease of use, with several possible ways to use it.
- Support for implicit declaration of intermediate panels and labels.
- Flexibility to add some custom layouts.
- Possibility to declare the hierarchy in an XML document (using the small
NanoXML parser)

Have fun!
-Christopher
chrriis@brainlex.com

0
Chrriis
11/17/2003 7:31:47 PM
comp.lang.java.announce 931 articles. 0 followers. javaftpclient (4) is leader. Post Follow

1 - 1, 1 -1, 1-1, 1
Hi, I have a question regarding lexical analysis. I recently came across a bug in our lexical analyser in phc (www.phpcompiler.org), that I am unsure how to solve. This is the problem: our current definition for integer constant looks something like INT ([1-9][0-9]*)|0 In particular, note that it does not allow for an (optional) "+" or "-" at the start of the integer. This means that the strings "1 - 1", "1 -1" and "1-1" all generate the same sequence of three tokens INT(1), OP(-), INT(1), for which the syntax analyser generates the subtr...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.new...

plot 1, -1, 1, -1, -1
Hi, How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? thanks x = linspace(-4*pi,4*pi,1000); y = sin(x); plot(x,sign(y)), axis([-12 12 -2 2]) PZ <patrick.zou@gmail.com> wrote in message <d64c545f-f2ac-4f87-af89-051bda896707@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? > > thanks help stairs stairs([-1 1 -1 1 -1 1]) hth Jos ...

OO 1.1 and java 1.3.1
Am attempting to install OO 1.1, but with just Java 1.3.1, and the install documentation says that without at least 1.4.1, I cannot make use of full capabilties. I infer from this that I should be able to OO crippled. However, However, OO does not like it when I point to my 131 JRE. Comments? -- Sir: David I. Smith wrote: > Am attempting to install OO 1.1, but with just Java 1.3.1, and the > install documentation says that without at least 1.4.1, I cannot make > use of full capabilties. I infer from this that I should be able to > OO crippled. However, However, OO...

Serialization between Java 1.1.4 and Java 1.4.1
Hello, It seems to me to be in some kinda trouble. I wanted to implement communication between Java applet and Server through sockets and Serialization. So, I serialize Object, send it to server which deserialize it with no problems. In other direction problems came out since Object serialized under Java 1.4.1 seems to be not deserializable under Java 1.1.4. (MS VM). If applet si run under J2, there are no problems, but I cannot push people to download some 15MB of new JRE just to accomplish my requirements, especially if applet needs not implementation of features of new JRE... ...

[ANN] RubyGems 1.1.1
Release 1.1.1 fixes some bugs. Bugs Fixed: * Gem.prefix now returns non-nil only when RubyGems was installed outside sitelibdir or libdir. * The `gem server` gem list now correctly links to gem details. * `gem update --system` now passes --no-format-executable to setup.rb. * Gem::SourceIndex#refresh! now works with multiple gem repositories. * Downloaded gems now go into --install-dir's cache directory. * Various fixes to downloading gem metadata. * `gem install --force` now ignores network errors too. * `gem pristine` now rebuilds extensions. * `gem update --system` now works on vi...

ANN: Twisted 1.1.1
Twisted is an event-driven networking framework for server and client applications. For more information, visit http://www.twistedmatrix.com, join the list http://twistedmatrix.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twisted-python or visit us on #twisted at irc.freenode.net. The Twisted from Scratch tutorial is a good starting point for learning Twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/tutorial What's New in 1.1.1 =================== - Many bug fixes and minor improvements. - MSN protocol support updated to support MSN8P. - Conch SSH client now supports SSH auth agent. What is Twis...

ANN: Twisted 1.1.1
Twisted is an event-driven networking framework for server and client applications. For more information, visit http://www.twistedmatrix.com, join the list http://twistedmatrix.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twisted-python or visit us on #twisted at irc.freenode.net. The Twisted from Scratch tutorial is a good starting point for learning Twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/tutorial What's New in 1.1.1 =================== - Many bug fixes and minor improvements. - MSN protocol support updated to support MSN8P. - Conch SSH client now supports SSH auth age...

[ANN]
Hi all, This is just a quick announcement to let y'all know that I've released = ptools=20 1.1.1 today. What is it? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Power tools for the File class. Additional methods include which, = whereis,=20 head, tail, middle, wc, null, nl_convert, touch and binary?. What's new? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D This release adds the File.null and File.binary? methods. The former = returns=20 the null device on your system The latter returns whether or not the = file in=20 question is a binary file (using a simple best-guess algorithm). Where is it? =3...

[ANN] Inochi 1.1.1
Inochi 1.1.1 Gives life to RubyGems-based software http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/inochi/ Inochi is an infrastructure for [1]RubyGems-based software that encourages good documentation, reduces programming effort, and automates common tasks. Version 1.1.1 (2009-10-03) This release improves Ruby 1.9 support and upgrades gem dependencies. * [2]Bug fixes * [3]Housekeeping Bug fixes * require() was unable to find project library in Ruby 1.9.2dev. * Ruby 1.9 warning about "shadowing out...

[ANN] rctool-1.1.1
Hi, == Abstract RCtool is a small tool which makes/updates rcfiles automatically. There is a rcfile in software each. For example, it is .zshrc in zsh, .emacs in Emacs and so on. Please think about the scene which introduces a new EmacsLisp program into Emacs. You copy a .el file in the directory which is in load-path. You have to write setting in .emacs last. I think that update of .emacs is easy if you introduce it once. However, please imagine a scene upgrading an EmacsLisp program. When the EmacsLisp code is largely modified, and setting did not have compatibility either, a user must m...

ANN: NumPy 1.1.1
I'm pleased to announce the release of NumPy 1.1.1. NumPy is the fundamental package needed for scientific computing with Python. It contains: * a powerful N-dimensional array object * sophisticated (broadcasting) functions * basic linear algebra functions * basic Fourier transforms * sophisticated random number capabilities * tools for integrating Fortran code. Besides it's obvious scientific uses, NumPy can also be used as an efficient multi-dimensional container of generic data. Arbitrary data-types can be defined. This allows NumPy to seamlessly and speedil...

ANN: pyFltk-1.1.1
We are happy to announce a new release of pyFltk, the Python bindings for FLTK. This release supports FLTK-1.1.7 and Python 2.4 and 2.5. FLTK is a lightweight cross-platform GUI toolkit with a very small footprint. pyFltk applications are very simple and intuitive, making it a good choice for small to medium applications that want to get up to speed quickly. Changes in this release include various bug fixes, improved memory management, and the fixing of several compilation issues. Also, some preliminary documentation was added, see test/preface.html. This release can be downloa...

java web server 1.1.3 and java 1.4.1 problem
Hello I have got a weird problem with Java web server v 1.1.3 running with java version "1.4.1_01" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-b01) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-b01, mixed mode) I have added the following paths to my classpath: D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\lib\jws.jar D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\servlets The servlets directory contain servlets and I can run them through localhost/servlet/<servletname> However if I add a new (my own)servlet to that directory, I am not able to run them. It shows HTTP 404 - File not found. I think, one has ...

java 1.4 fail with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError but 1.5, 1.6 ok
My JNI program is working with java 1.5 & 1.6 but fail with java 1.4 on a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer. Please help even though java 1.4 is old. $ /opt/java1.4/bin/java -d32 -jar jHw.jar Failed to load MycompAPI and MycompAPI_64 libraries. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no MycompAPI_64 in java.library.path at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1542) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:795) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834) at com.chrysalisits.crypto.MycompAPI.<clinit>(MycompAPI.java: 47) at com.chrys...

Ip-Address 1.1.1.1
A traceroute to 213.176.224.4 showed following results: # traceroute -In -m10 213.176.224.4 traceroute to 213.176.224.4 (213.176.224.4), 10 hops max, 38 byte packets 1 212.152.136.1 103.658 ms 99.452 ms 109.767 ms 2 212.152.151.2 99.646 ms 99.680 ms 99.821 ms 3 62.218.1.93 99.689 ms 109.665 ms 99.751 ms 4 212.152.192.182 99.762 ms 1359.690 ms 99.718 ms 5 193.203.0.72 104.398 ms 105.014 ms 109.781 ms 6 146.188.2.229 109.696 ms 109.733 ms 99.771 ms 7 146.188.14.113 119.710 ms 199.720 ms 209.720 ms 8 146.188.49.194 119.695 ms 129.663 ms 119.808 ...

Alignment of foo[1][1][1][1]
Suppose I have type 'foo' and: sizeof (foo) == 16 alignof (foo) == 2 Suppose I have type 'foo[1][1][1][1]' and: sizeof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 16 Can: alignof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 4 ? I'd like to think not, but is it prohibited? If I do: typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; bar * my_bar = malloc(sizeof *bar); foo * my_foo = (foo *) my_bar; certainly 'my_bar' points to an object whose alignment satisfies type 'foo'. But what about the other way around? typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; foo * my_foo = malloc(sizeof *foo); bar * my_ba...

ERROR IN EXPRESSION; -1 - (-1) not 1
The expression isn't a = 1 - (1-), but: a = -1 - (1) der <der@noemail.com> scribbled the following: > The expression isn't a = 1 - (1-), but: a = -1 - (1) Ah, that's different, then. Then the answer is: The result will be -2. You have *no* guarantees about which of -1 or (1) is evaluated first, but as they don't have side effects, you don't have to care. -- /-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ---------------------------\ | Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #108 D+ ADA N+++| | http://www.helsinki.fi/~palaste W++ B OP+ ...

CDSB 1.1.1
CDSB 1.1.1 is available. More tools can be installed on FreeBSD. For example, Calibre, HSPICE, SpiceExplorer, etc. Get more information from CDSB Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/cdsb/w/list Group: cdsbgroup@googlegroups.com ...

DeepForm 1.1.1
DeepForm allows an analyst to create a document (named Model) that specifies the structure and the contents of the XML document containing the corporate data. DeepForm does not requires any knowledge of the XML format by the user. The data model creation The application allows the user to compone his own model using a quick and easy interface. The analyst can create his own model by simply combining the "basic" elements of DeepForm: * fields (customizables); * tables; * sections. DeepForm allows to create new models by using parts of other models pre...

htmldata 1.1.1
Bug-fix release of htmldata, fixes error when parsing whitespace inside tags. Description of the htmldata module, from its PyPI site: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/htmldata/ "Extract and modify HTML/CSS URLs, translate HTML documents <-> list data structures. The htmldata module allows one to translate HTML documents back and forth to list data structures. This allows for programmatic reading and writing of HTML documents, with much flexibility. Functions are also available for extracting and/or modifying all URLs present in the HTML or stylesheets of a docu...

RedNotebook 1.1.1
RedNotebook 1.1.1 has been released. You can get the tarball, the Windows installer and links to distribution packages at http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/downloads.html What is RedNotebook? -------------------- RedNotebook is a **graphical journal** and diary helping you keep track of notes and thoughts. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is available in the repositories of most common Linux distributions and a Windows installer is available. ...

slimKEYS 1.1.1
slimKEYS is a universal hotkey manager with a plug-in system that lets you perform an infinite number of actions simply by pressing system- wide hotkeys. It already comes with multiple built-in plug-ins: slimLAUNCH lets you open applications, documents or folders, or search for password entries stored securely, or open your del.icio.us posts simply by typing a few letters of their name or by directly assigning them specific hotkeys. slimSIZE lets you resize or move windows to any monitor and location just by pressing a hotkey. slimSEARCH helps you search on popular search engine...

How advanced is java 1.6 with respect to java 1.1 ?
I've learned java 1.1 using a relatively old video tutorial and realized it only later. Is java 1.1 similar to java 1.6 or is it radically different ? And if its similar, what additional features do I need to learn ? broli wrote: > I've learned java 1.1 using a relatively old video tutorial and > realized it only later. > > Is java 1.1 similar to java 1.6 or is it radically different ? > > And if its similar, what additional features do I need to learn ? Everything you have learned is still valid (except for a few very obscure points). But there has added some ...

Web resources about - [Ann] UIHierarchy 1.1.1 is out! - comp.lang.java.announce

Collapsing Projects in Visual Studio Solutions
If you have 50+ projects in a single solution it can be annoying that you cannot collapse them all with a single click or keystroke. Expanding ...