HXTT Access v1.0 Released for MS Access database

HXTT Access provides a type 4 JDBC driver for Table, System Table,
View(Query), and Linked Table of Microsoft Access (MS Access) version
from 2.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2002, to 2003. It supports JDBC1.2,
JDBC2.0, and JDBC3.0. It supports Personal Java, JDK1.0.X, JDK1.1.X,
JDK1.2.X, JDK1.3.X, JDK1.4.X and JDK1.5.X. It supports JBuilder's
Database Pilot, Oracle's JVM, JDeveloper 10G, Dreamweaver UltraDev,
Dreamweaver ColdFusion, ObJectRelationalBridge, DBVisualizer, Sunopsis,
MySQL Migration Toolkit, Tomcat, vqServer, Hibernate, SQuirreL SQL
Client, and DbEdit Database Utilites for Eclipse Platform. It supports
transaction, XOPEN SQLState, RMI, Jini, JNDI, and serialization. It
supports { UNION | INTERSECT | EXCEPT | MINUS } [ ALL ] query , INNER
JOIN, FULL JOIN, LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN, NATURAL JOIN, CROSS JOIN, self
join, and subquery which includes single-row subquery, multirow
subquery, multiple-column subquery, inline views, and correlated
subquery. The current version of the HXTT Access packages are available
at http://www.hxtt.net/en/software/download.jsp?product=Access .

0
Dai
9/15/2005 5:42:03 AM
comp.lang.java.announce 931 articles. 0 followers. javaftpclient (4) is leader. Post Follow

HXTT Excel v1.0 Released for MS Excel database
HXTT Excel provides a type 4 JDBC(1.2, 2.0, 3.0) driver for Microsoft Excel version from 5.0, 95, 97, 98, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, to 2004, which supports transaction, embedded access, remote access, memory-only database, compressed database(.ZIP, .JAR, .GZ, .TAR, .BZ2, .TGZ, ..TAR.GZ, .TAR.BZ2), url database(http, ftp). Through the embedded Pure Java database engine, MS Excel database can be deployed and acessed on any platform with JVM. With JDBC1.2, JDBC2.0, JDBC3.0 and SQL92 support, programmers needn't special coding, and DBA can use any Java database tool to access easily local data or remote data. The current version of the HXTT Excel packages are available at http://www.hxtt.com/excel.html . ...

Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba
Hi, I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server users) I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user, domain and password and access without problems. I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba to have permission some user in parti...

This is the code that I found on the internet for accessing an ms access database: import java.sql.*; class Test { public static void main(String[] args) { try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); // set this to a MS Access DB you have on your machine String filename = "d:/java/mdbTEST.mdb"; String database = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="; database+= filename.trim() + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}"; // add on to the end ...

[...]

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

Hi! Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access database or do I need a special driver? Thanks, Andree Hi Andree Ellert, you can use activeXcontrol to interact with MS-Access database. access = actxserver('Access.Application'); returns the handle for Access. set(access, 'Visible', 1); will show the opened Access window. use get(access) and set(access) commands to find the methods available to call. -Vadivelu M =========== http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/database/datatool.shtml "Andree Ellert" <ellert@gmx.net////...

Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba
Hi, I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server users) I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user, domain and password and access without problems. I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba to have permission some user i...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

Any MS Access that is NOT MS Access in WinXP?
Hi all, I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I don't want to use Access anymore. I started looking for another database, but I found none. I already know (and used) MySQL and PostgreSQL (waiting 7.4), but as far as I know they are only daemon, and under windows they use a lot of memory and CPU time. It's like installing a Ferrari only to cross the road. Maybe an approach with loading the daemon at the start of the program, and quitting it at the end, but I don't know how ...

Redhat Apache to access MS-Access Database through PHP
Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have Redhat Liux ES v2.1 Server Apache 1.3 PHP 4.0 a MS-Access MDB file (just the file, already created) The MS-Access file is already in the Redhat Linux server. Is there a way I can make Apache & PHP to access this MS-Access MDB file? Thank you. ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide...

What is the best way, via the internet, to access a remote Microsoft Access database? I was thinking of using VPN, but I thought that I would check here to see if there is a better way. Any suggestions? Thanks Do you mean remotely controlling an Access database, or linking tables over the internet? The first is doable, the second is a recipe for disaster. Remote Control: If your remote OS is Windows XP, you can use Remote Desktop (although only 1 person can access the PC at a time; this will change in the upcoming Service Pack for XP, but that may not help you now). Otherw...

I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I can not save any new records. Has any one seen this problem yet? Thanks Clarence Wollman On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewollman@gmail.com> wrote: Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application? (search your computer for northwind.mdb) -Tom. >I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up >to now I was running...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); --------...

accessing MS-Access Objects from VB 6.0
Good-day to all, i would like to know if there is any way to use MS Access Objects (i.e. class modules) from Visual Basic 6.0. For example, if i had a class in MS Access such as follows ... '----------------------------------------------------- 'local variables dim m_Name as String 'properties to set/let/get internal class variables public property let Name(byval sName as String) m_Name = sName end property pubic property get Name() as String Name = m_Name end property '----------------------------------------------------- how would i be abl...

cannot access java lang string class file has wrong version 49.0, shuold be 48.0
HI I am quite new to java and have noticed some problems with my NetBeans IDE 3.5.1 after installing j2sdk1.5.0 couple of days ago. I noticed that all my String variables or methods containg String keyvord (such as main) get red underlined. When I move mouse coursor over, it says: "cannot access java lang string class file has wrong version 49.0, shuold be 48.0" My code will compile, but the red underlined String data types are quite frustrating especially if the code gets large. My path is set as: D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\bin (which is the directory w...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

To enter and access database of MS access or any DBMS usibg C.
hello people, Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to enter and also access data from a Database management system using C?...also tell me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along with the headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment only....using turboC In article <1134648270.423831.13110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Sree <gisripa@gmail.com> wrote: >hello people, > Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to >enter and also access data from a Database management system using >C?.....

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") ******************************************* So what I'm basically trying to do open a database and then set a recordset to it so i can start manipulating data. The actual code is a bit more indepth than this, but this is basically the first few lines run. The program stops on the bit where I set the recordset. I've stepped through the code and the db has definately been opened and there is definately a table in the actual database, but I'm told there is a type mismatch when it gets to the recordset bit. any ideas? it really is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated, Ste SteveMc wrote: > Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. <snip> > ****************************************** > dim db as Database > Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") > > dim rspeople as recordset > set rspeople = db.openrecordse...

Web resources about - HXTT Access v1.0 Released for MS Access database - comp.lang.java.announce

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Lil Wayne Released From Hospital After Sizzurp Overdose - ENTV
Lil Wayne has just been released from the hospital just days after Overdosing on Sizzurp or Texas Tea. He was put into a medically induced coma ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Baby Asha released from Lady Cilento Children's Hospital
Hospital releases asylum-seeker baby at centre of immigration storm.

Albert Woodfox of the 'Angola 3' released from prison after decades in solitary confinement
Albert Woodfox, who has spent nearly all of the past four decades in solitary confinement, was set free Friday as part of a plea deal with Louisiana ...