New JExamples.com feature helps find java examples

"Did you mean" search corrections will be shown when JExamples can't
find a java example to match a query you enter.  When it can't find an
example for your query it checks its database for classes and methods
with names similar to what you entered and then asks if you meant to
search for one of those.  Each of the suggestions is a link you can
click to run that query.

JExamples.com is a free website that helps Java developers find high
quality examples of virtually any Java API. JExamples uses code
analysis and a search engine to find examples in many well known Java
open source products (e.g.  Ant, Spring, Tomcat).  The search results
are ordered according to user rating, so the examples voted best sort
first; also, clicking one of the 5 line previews shown in the search
results will display the entire source file. http://www.jexamples.com

0
christopher
8/31/2005 6:24:21 AM
comp.lang.java.announce 931 articles. 0 followers. javaftpclient (4) is leader. Post Follow

[ANN] JavaRSS.com
http://www.JavaRSS.com is a portfolio of websites rich in Java News, Java Articles and Java Blogs. Java developers, Java Architects and Java Managers can read daily news, articles and blogs through the convenience of your favorite browser. Java websites can join by submitting their link to Java RSS. Java users can be reached by Java sites instead of them searching for sites and links to their Java RSS. Whether you blog Java, publish news, java articles or any java information, feel free to link to http://JavaRSS.com. Visit http://JavaRSS.com ~ Jay There is no website at this address. Hasn...

New to advane java help me in Java beans!
Hai! I am new to ad.java.I want to do java beans programs.I have Jdk1.6,j2eesdk 1.4,j2sdk 1.4,tomcat 6,netbeans ide 5.5. is there needany other software? And give complete details how to run beans programwith small example step viz pleas! NANY(kshore) wrote:> Hai!> I am new to ad.java.I want to do java beans programs.I have Jdk> 1.6,j2eesdk 1.4,j2sdk 1.4,tomcat 6,netbeans ide 5.5. is there need> any other software? And give complete details how to run beans program> with small example step viz pleas!> Try Sun's tutorial:http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/javab...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

JExamples.com adds more than 20,000 Java examples
JExamples.com is a free website that helps Java developers find high quality examples of virtually any Java API. JExamples uses code analysis and a search engine to find examples in many well known Java open source products (e.g. Ant, Spring, Tomcat). Examples can be rated by the user community. ...

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651)
Hi Friends, Does any one has any idea about the following StackTrace. I am using CLDC1.1 and MIDP2.0 with Sun Java Studio Mobility. Any help will be highly appreciated. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(EmulatorInvoker.java:116) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorSameVM(EmulatorInvoker.java:105) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulator(EmulatorInvoker.java:63) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.runEmulator (ProfileEnvironment.java:240)...

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651)
Hi Friends, Does any one has any idea about the following StackTrace. I am using CLDC1.1 and MIDP2.0 with Sun Java Studio Mobility. Any help will be highly appreciated. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(EmulatorInvoker.java:116) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorSameVM(EmulatorInvoker.java:105) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulator(EmulatorInvoker.java:63) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.runEmulator (ProfileEnvironment.java:240)...

JavaWhat.com
JavaWhat is Java resource directory based on public categories. With JavaWhat, users can suggest categories and add their own web pages for later use, and share web pages with other people too. JavaWhat has most of useful and latest Java APIs and powerful search. Users can search API including class, interface, enumerate and annotation in those APIs. JavaWhat also provides latest Java news and articles from most of popular Java news resources. Users can find all latest Java news and articles together without going any other websites. sean wrote: > JavaWhat also provides latest Java news and articles from most of > popular Java news resources. And you for sure have acquired the right to redistribute the contents, or are you just stealing it? -- The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ: ftp://ftp.cs.uu.nl/pub/NEWS.ANSWERS/computer-lang/java/gui/faq http://www.uni-giessen.de/faq/archiv/computer-lang.java.gui.faq/ ...

News from Java.net: KickJava.com
KickJava.com has added some new java code search features. They write in, "You can browse all J2SE, J2EE and J2ME APIs, and examples in one place. It just adds a new feature to allow you to search 20,041,731 lines of Java source code. Simply click on the 'Search More Java Examples' & it will search all its source code and return the search results with rank. You can easily navigate the source code through the hyperlinks." This is the link to the news at Java.net http://today.java.net/pub/n/KickJava ...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.wcm.resource.wizards.feature.AddWpcpNatureFeature
All, I encounter a ClassNotFoundException when running the an portal application in WSAD testing portal server. The steps are 1) Start the WSAD testing portal server 2) Logon wpsadmin 3) Go to Administration->Portlets->Manage Portlets->page shown (This portlet is unavailable.) 4) In runtime errorlog, it shows java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.wcm.resource.wizards.feature.AddWpcpNatureFeature at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java) at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java) at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingUR...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-so...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add c...

Help -- New to Java
Hello, I am taking a java class for the first time. The first HW was easy. I am stuck on the 2nd. I know the logic, I can write it in C, but with Java I am having problems and it is due tomorrow. Is there any site where I can find small sample programs. Appreciate any help. This is my HW prob. Create a java program that generates 10000 random integer numbers between 1 and 500. Then use the generated numbers to calculate: - the mean (average) of all numbers - the standard deviation - the largest and smallest number - the median number (50% is above it, 50% is below it) - the mode (the numbe...

New to java -- help!
Hi there, I've just started an introductory to Java course, but I'm a tad behind because I started the course a few weeks into the curriculum. This is a bit embarrassing for me to admit, but I have no idea what one of my assignments is asking for. Could someone help me. Any help would be incredibly groovy. Here's what the assignment is asking for: 1. Write a class called Train with the fields, constants, constructors and methods outlined below. 2. Add Javadoc comments for the public class, fields, and methods. Hand in a printout of the source code for the class. No need to ...

Help debugging Java code with Java 1.3.1_01 Java HotSpot Client VM (jvm.dll)
Hi everybody, I am seeking help in my attempt to configure proper debugging functionality for my classes with an application on a win32 platform that uses Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (JRE 1.3.1_01 - jvm.dll). For those of you that may actually know this application, it is Matlab. For those not familiar, it is an executable that links jvm.dll. I have a number of Java IDEs (Sun ONE Studio, JBuilder, NetBeans) and I would appreciate help in setting up at least one of them to be able to debug my classes. Does anybody have an idea where to start? I think I have figured out a way to pass...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

Web resources about - New JExamples.com feature helps find java examples - comp.lang.java.announce

Hannah Montana Movie Animated GIF - GIFs - GIFSoup.com
Hannah Montana Movie animated gif, Create animated GIFs from YouTube videos free and easy.

Evil Supremacy Animated GIF - GIFs - GIFSoup.com
Evil Supremacy animated gif, Create animated GIFs from YouTube videos free and easy.

Hannah Montana Animated GIF - GIFs - GIFSoup.com
Hannah Montana animated gif, Create animated GIFs from YouTube videos free and easy.

Miley-Smiley-Hannah Animated GIF - GIFs - GIFSoup.com
Miley-Smiley-Hannah animated gif, Create animated GIFs from YouTube videos free and easy.

When I Look At You
When I Look At You animated gif, Create animated GIFs from YouTube videos free and easy.