I have an application with MS-Access as backend and JSP/ tomcat as
frontend/webserver.
For getting better response time(as access is very slow compared to
other RDBMS's), I have split the main DB into two DB's on different
disks on my server for better performance.I have kept the table names
same but changed the DB names. How do I access tables from both the
DB's?
This is what I have done; I made different connection to the
respective DB's i.e. con and con2. When I want to access data, I am
using 2 result sets for retriving data from the tables, but getting no
result. Here is my code:

rs2_1=stmt2_1.executeQuery("select * from Requests where
Status='Released' AND LoginName='"+login+"' order by Req_No");
rs=stmt.executeQuery("select * from Requests where Status='Released'
AND LoginName='"+login+"' AND Req_No> 5500 order by Req_No");

So, rs & stmt are for latest records and rs2_1 & stmt2_1 correspond
the records from older DB.
I think, I'm forgetting some small thing but cant get it.
Please advice.
0
ruds
4/25/2011 10:45:08 AM
comp.lang.java.databases 3049 articles. 0 followers. samyaksulabh (16) is leader. Post Follow

What do you mean "no result"?  Does "next()" return false for both rs2_1 an=
d rs?

If you're really trying to improve response time, you should probably be ru=
nning the two queries in separate threads ... but as you acknowledge, Acces=
s may not have as high performance as other RDBMSs.  You would also see rel=
iability advantages by switching to something else.

--
DLL
0
David Lee Lambert wrote:
> What do you mean "no result"?  Does "next()" return false for both rs2_1 and rs?

David, please do NOT respond to Usenet posts with an email to
"xxx@googlegroups.com", nor in such a way as to create a "Reply-To:".  It
fragments the conversation and is insufferably rude.  Just use regular reply
to the newsgroup so that the headers align.  Ok, please?  No more rudeness?

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

>I have an application with MS-Access as backend and JSP/ tomcat as
>frontend/webserver.
>For getting better response time(as access is very slow compared to
>other RDBMS's)

Access by some definitions is not a multi-user database. There are a
number of products that are and are free. E.g. PostGreSQL, MySQL,
Derby JavaDB... see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sqlvendors.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

0
Roedy
4/25/2011 8:44:24 PM
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:54:00 -0400, /Lew/:
> David Lee Lambert wrote:
>
>> What do you mean "no result"? Does "next()" return false for both
>> rs2_1 and rs?
>
> David, please do NOT respond to Usenet posts with an email to
> "xxx@googlegroups.com", nor in such a way as to create a
> "Reply-To:". It fragments the conversation and is insufferably rude.
> Just use regular reply to the newsgroup so that the headers align.
> Ok, please? No more rudeness?

Lew, the problem with conversation fragmentation on your side comes
from Thunderbird's default settings [1], also.  David's reply has
correct In-Reply-To header, but then doesn't include References
header as it comes from some mail gateway rather than being sent by
a proper News client.  Still having proper In-Reply-To should be
enough to have a correct threading, given the original is also
present in the thread.

Try setting your "mail.strict_threading" to false, then rebuild the
group index ("Repair Folder" from the "Folder Properties" dialog on
SeaMonkey - I guess it should be similar for Thunderbird), to see if
it helps.

[1]
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Message_Threading#mail.strict_threading>,
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Stop_threading_by_subject>

--
Stanimir
0
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:32:25 +0300, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

> Try setting your "mail.strict_threading" to false, then rebuild the
> group index ("Repair Folder" from the "Folder Properties" dialog on
> SeaMonkey - I guess it should be similar for Thunderbird), to see if it
> helps.

IME Thunderbird sucked as a USENET client (though that was a while back.
It was unstable too.), so I'd recommend:

- Pan if you're running Linux

- Forte's Agent if you're running Windows.
  Agent and Free Agent are the same except that the killfile
  doesn't work with Free Agent, but the upgrade to Agent only costs
  30 bux for a license code.

- Pan if you're running OS X.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
On 04/27/2011 07:51 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:32:25 +0300, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>
>> Try setting your "mail.strict_threading" to false, then rebuild the
>> group index ("Repair Folder" from the "Folder Properties" dialog on
>> SeaMonkey - I guess it should be similar for Thunderbird), to see if it
>> helps.
>>
> IME Thunderbird sucked as a USENET client (though that was a while back.
> It was unstable too.), so I'd recommend:
>
> - Pan if you're running Linux
>
> - Forte's Agent if you're running Windows.
>    Agent and Free Agent are the same except that the killfile
>    doesn't work with Free Agent, but the upgrade to Agent only costs
>    30 bux for a license code.

Right, so because someone else uses a sucky interface, I have to change what
software I use?

*There's* a cooperative response!

David Lee Lambert is the one who needs to post properly.  I don't need to turn
my life upside-down to accomodate his rudeness; I can simply killfile him, and
anyone else who thinks we should jump through hoops to accommodate putzes.
Thunderbird handles that just fucking fine, thank you very much.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:28:18 -0400, Lew wrote:

> Right, so because someone else uses a sucky interface, I have to change
> what software I use?

You can do what you like, but there are much better newsreaders than
Thunderbird: the main point of my post was to let folk know that, not to
tell yo what to do. You take to much on yourself, sirrah. I've tried
quite a few newsreaders over the years and I reckon Forte's Agent is
easily best of breed among the Windows crop. I'd still be using it if
there was a Linux port: since there isn't, I find Pan suits my needs.

I didn't like Thunderbird because:

- it didn't have a killfile system that was worth using

- it periodically lost track of its spellcheck dictionaries, at which
  point spell checking refused to work until it was deleted and
  reinstalled.

- less frequently it corrupted its message store and, again,
  fixing that required removal and reinstallation.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
On 27/04/2011 14:52, Martin Gregorie allegedly wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:28:18 -0400, Lew wrote:
>
>> Right, so because someone else uses a sucky interface, I have to change
>> what software I use?
>>
> You can do what you like, but there are much better newsreaders than
> Thunderbird: the main point of my post was to let folk know that, not to
> tell yo what to do. You take to much on yourself, sirrah. I've tried
> quite a few newsreaders over the years and I reckon Forte's Agent is
> easily best of breed among the Windows crop. I'd still be using it if
> there was a Linux port: since there isn't, I find Pan suits my needs.
>
> I didn't like Thunderbird because:
>
> - it didn't have a killfile system that was worth using
>
> - it periodically lost track of its spellcheck dictionaries, at which
>    point spell checking refused to work until it was deleted and
>    reinstalled.
>
> - less frequently it corrupted its message store and, again,
>    fixing that required removal and reinstallation.

Martin, I for one thank you for your input and shall put your suggestion
to test forthwith.

--
DF.
An escaped convict once said to me:
"Alcatraz is the place to be"
0
Daniele
4/27/2011 6:25:10 PM
On 27/04/2011 13:51, Martin Gregorie allegedly wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:32:25 +0300, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>
>> Try setting your "mail.strict_threading" to false, then rebuild the
>> group index ("Repair Folder" from the "Folder Properties" dialog on
>> SeaMonkey - I guess it should be similar for Thunderbird), to see if i=
>> helps.
>>
> IME Thunderbird sucked as a USENET client (though that was a while back=
=2E
> It was unstable too.), so I'd recommend:
>
> - Pan if you're running Linux
>
> - Forte's Agent if you're running Windows.
>    Agent and Free Agent are the same except that the killfile
>    doesn't work with Free Agent, but the upgrade to Agent only costs
>    30 bux for a license code.
>
> - Pan if you're running OS X.

Shoot. Fort=E9 has discontinued the free version...

0
Daniele

Web resources about - Accessing 2 tables having same name but different databases ms-access - comp.lang.java.databases

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...