Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge

Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft
Access?

We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that
are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a
java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database
using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator.

We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the
database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables
are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network
drive. The java servlet and the database containing the linked tables
are on the same computer drive.

0
bern23
10/27/2005 11:39:15 PM
comp.lang.java.databases 3049 articles. 0 followers. samyaksulabh (16) is leader. Post Follow

> Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft
> Access?
HXTT Access( http://www.hxtt.net/access.html ), a pure Java JDBC
package, supports Linked Table and View of MS Access.

Yonghong Zhao
System Analyst
www.hxtt.net

0
zhaoyh

Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge #2
Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft Access? We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator. We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network drive. The java servlet and the database containing the linked tables are on the same computer drive. ...

Linking an Oracle table to MS Access via ODBC: Access assigns wrong primary key to linked table
Hello, I'm using Access to link to tables of a calculation tool that's been built = on a Oracle back end. I recently updated that tool, and now it seems something has been changed i= n Oracle that causes Access to automatically assign the wrong primary keys = to certain tables. This happens when I update the tables using the connecti= vity wizard or when re-linking the tables. Is there a way to prevent Acces to automatically put keys to the Oracle tab= les I'm trying to link using ODBC? If I'm linking MySQL tables the ODBC con= nection wizard of Access always asks ...

Linking an Oracle table to MS Access via ODBC: Access assigns wrong primary key to linked table
Hello, I'm using Access to link to tables of a calculation tool that's been built = on a Oracle back end. I recently updated that tool, and now it seems something has been changed i= n Oracle that causes Access to automatically assign the wrong primary keys = to certain tables. This happens when I update the tables using the connecti= vity wizard or when re-linking the tables. Is there a way to prevent Acces to automatically put keys to the Oracle tab= les I'm trying to link using ODBC? If I'm linking MySQL tables the ODBC con= nection wizard of Access always asks ...

Identifying Access Databases with tables linked from other Databases/Files
Hi, Have a number of Access Databases that I inherited and want to zip a few of them. My concern is that other active Microsoft Applications may be linking to the database or its tables. Is there a method of searching that will allow me to identify those MS Access files that are linked to. I am not really concerned with itemizing the which files link to which, but just that a link exists. Thanks in advance for any help. Bill It is easy to find the files which it links to but I don't know of any way to find the files which link to it. If you want to find the ones it links to look ...

Problems accessing a MySQL database via an Access linked table
Hello In order to perform a hetrogeneous join (I think that's what they're called) between MySQL and another database, I've created an Access database containing linked tables from each datasource. I create the linked tables without any problems, clicking on "save password" before selecting the desired tables. I can then access both tables fine from within the Access GUI. The problem starts when I then try to access this data from my ASP.NET web application - classic ASP works fine but .NET gives me... ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--conn...

Available MS Access Databases with jdbc:odbc
Is there a way, using the jdbc:odbc bridge, to get a list of all available MS Access Databases (System DSN or User DSN)? If not with jdbc:odbc, is there any other way? TIA Gary "jb" <conanjb@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a9930c5530a6440989680@news.comcast.giganews.com... > Is there a way, using the jdbc:odbc bridge, to get a list of all > available MS Access Databases (System DSN or User DSN)? If not with > jdbc:odbc, is there any other way? > > TIA > > Gary There is a list in the registry if you happen to have windows. On XP Pro it is"...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba
Hi, I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server users) I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user, domain and password and access without problems. I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba to have permission...

Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba
Hi, I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server users) I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user, domain and password and access without problems. I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba to have permission some user in parti...

Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba
Hi, I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server users) I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user, domain and password and access without problems. I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba to have permission some user in parti...

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba
Hi, I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server users) I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user, domain and password and access without problems. I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...) Thanks! JC wrote: > Hi, > > I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a > Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server > (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server > users) > > I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When > I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user, > domain and password and access without problems. > > I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible > to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba > to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...) > > Thanks! I have never tried it, but AFAIK, you would need ODBC drivers on linux, as that is the origin of your JVM. MS Acce...

Hi! Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access database or do I need a special driver? Thanks, Andree Hi Andree Ellert, you can use activeXcontrol to interact with MS-Access database. access = actxserver('Access.Application'); returns the handle for Access. set(access, 'Visible', 1); will show the opened Access window. use get(access) and set(access) commands to find the methods available to call. -Vadivelu M =========== http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/database/datatool.shtml "Andree Ellert" <ellert@gmx.net////...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Java: Using an access database
I am fairly new to database programming in java. I have used odbc to make connections to access dbs but I was wondering how I could connect directly to an access db on my local machine. Do I have to download any specific drivers or are they already on my pc and how would I code this connection. thanks in advance clowtown wrote: > I am fairly new to database programming in java. I have used odbc to > make connections to access dbs but I was wondering how I could connect > directly to an access db on my local machine. Do I have to download > any specific drivers or are they al...

Web resources about - Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge - comp.lang.java.databases

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...