Connection the oracle server fails for domain restricted server

Hello,

I am using Orion as my application server and Oracle 8.1.6 as the
database. The problem is that the database that needs to be acceessed
from my application has domain restricted authorization and is remote.
I can access it from an authorized domain using TOAD, sqlplus etc.
Only when I try to access it using my appliation (where the database
connection details are stored in datasources.xml) I get an invalid
username/password: logon denied error!

I know the connection details are correct since i have checked similar
connections to non-domain restriceted oracle servers.

Has anyone come across something similar? Is there a possible solution
to the problem?

Thanks,
Pras
0
pras_punjabi
6/17/2004 5:44:00 PM
comp.lang.java.databases 3049 articles. 0 followers. samyaksulabh (16) is leader. Post Follow

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

How to connect from web server to Oracle server?
I am converting an applet from Sybase to Oracle and I haven't yet found information on how to accomplish the connect from the end-user's browser-running applet and the Oracle server. Our understanding is that the applet, running on end-users' PC's, can only connect to the web server which "served" the applet to the users' browsers. In our configuration, the Oracle server is a separate machine from the web server. Therefore it would appear that we will need to install some sort of middleware on the web server that will pass the Oracle traffic back and forth betw...

Hi all I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris server, the IP address and box name will be changed. Oracle version is 8.1.7 and O/S is 5.8 on both servers ( just different O/S patch). Does any one know what I need to do in order to get oracle up and running again on the new server. I know that I will need to change the tnsnames.ora and listner.ora, but is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks Teresa Teresa wrote: > Hi all > > I will be moving oracle from one Solaris server into another Solaris > server, the IP address and box name will...

Connecting to a Server on a Server
I have a chat client that needs to connect to a chat server in order to function. This is for research use so I have access to an academic server named Updraft. For this research, Updraft acts as a central point where all data is accumulated. It would be real nice if I could have all the chat client connect to the chat server that resides on Updraft. I problem I see here is that Updraft uses SSH and the chat clients use IO::Socket::INET. That means that first a user would have to login to Updraft using SSH then the client program creates a socket using IO::Socket::INET. That seems a bit strang...

Using the DBI to connect to an Oracle server w/o connecting to a database
I've searched for the answer to this problem and have not seen it (which suggests what the answer might be ;-) ). Is it possible to use DBI (and DBD::Oracle) to connect to an Oracle server without connecting to a database? This would be the DBI equivalent of: sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect user/passwd@database; or, more similarly: sqlplus /nolog @my.sql where my.sql might be: connect user/passwd@database; select ... etc. I'm thinking this is not possible, but I hope it is. Thanks. Quoth Tim <google@hoodfamily.org>: > I've searched for the answer to this problem and...

Connect to SVE or other OPC server failed by server explorer
I am tring to setup a OPC client to connect to a OPC server on another PC. &nbsp; The 2 OPC servers I tried to connected to is the&nbsp;SVE engine and the ICCP server. &nbsp; But I cannot even find any OPC server in the view list. &nbsp; When I create a OPC client, I use 2 ways. One is to use the server explorer, another is to create a new OPC server binding to a source, but all cannot find the source. &nbsp; &nbsp; turbot, &nbsp; Can you ping the server computer from the client computer?&nbsp; Pinging shows if communication is even possible between these compu...

connecting to an oracle database on an hp server
Well I'm at my wits end... I have an oracle database on an HPUX box that I can connect to using this code: require 'oci8' connection = OCI8.new('user','passwd','connectstring') connection.exec("select table_row from table") do |row| puts 'column 1: ' + row[0] # outputs "dummy: X" end Works beautifully, but when I set up a rails application I get OCIError in ArtifactController#new ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified Here is my database.yml file =================================================...

ODBC Connection to Oracle Server Failed
Currently running Access2002 database with multiple(20+) linked tables to Oracle 8i tables and views. I routenely get the following message "ODBC --connection to '{Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}SERVERID' failed" I have searched extensively and the only posting I can find is at support.microsoft.com, KB# 325835. Which states that it is a problem with Microsoft's product. BUT THERE IS NO SOLUTION!!!! Anyone have any ideas? ...

Entreprise Manager error message: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '#####'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.(28000,18452)"
Can anyone give a quick description of the meaning of this message and what needs to be done to get a connection. I'm running DBArtisan with SQLServer 2000 client SP4 installed. I also get the same message with MS Enterprise Manager so this is coming out of the actual ODBC connection attempt. Thanks in advance! In the future, please do not put part of your message in the subject line. Makes it harder to read. In any case, you're trying to do integrated login and don't have that login set up in the DB. You need to add that login, or change to a SQL Login. -- Greg Moore SQL...

Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)
Hi, We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden...

908: Attempt to connect to database server failed
When I work with INFORMIXSERVER configured via onipcshm DBSERVERNAME everything works OK. When setting via onsoctcp after a period of time the database locked and does not allow more connections giving the error 908: Attempt to connect to database server (ifxdatabase_tcp) failed. ISAM error: record is locked. --90e6ba6134b49a061404a25fde52 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 05:51, marcelo <mcaluori@gmail.com> wrote: > When I work with INFORMIXSERVER configured via onipcshm DBSERVERNAME > everything works OK. When setting via onsoctcp after a period of time > the database locked and does not allow more connections giving the > error > 908: Attempt to connect to database server (ifxdatabase_tcp) failed. > ISAM error: record is locked. > It doesn't for me... If we're going to be able to help you, we're going to need to know the version of IDS and the platform on which it is running. The error is not a common one, which has me somewhat puzzled. * Have you looked at the sessions running ('onstat -u') when you start getting those errors? * Which API are you connecting with (ESQL/C, ODBC, JDBC, something else)? * Are you connecting from the local machine or a remote machine? -- Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler@gmail.com> #include <disclaimer.h> Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - http://dbi.perl.org "Blessed are we who can laugh a...

Failing to connect to Oracle Server in ASP Session_OnEnd
In ASP I am using a connection string that works everywhere in the application, except in Sub Session_OnEnd. There I get the following error message: "Requested operation requires an OLE DB Session object, which is not supported by the current provider." The connection string is: "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Data Source=[servername];User ID=[user];Password=[password];Persist Security Info=True;PLSQLRSet=1;" The parameters in [] are not quoted here, but they contain valid parameters. The code is quite simple: Dim Conn Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection...

Java Database connection pooling for standalone server
Hi, I am new to java and db connection pooling. I tried using Apache's DBCP for connection pool for my web application. Was trying to do similar thing for a standalone server (not a web based). I tried using DBCP but i am getting strange results. In my string variables, i am getting "???" as output whereas for int variables i am getting correct values when i m trying to read from database. Here is the snippet code: I have a package "com.engine". In this package, 1. I am having EngineDBConnection which is responsible to pool connections. 2. "EngineDBManager" class takes care of process user's queries and calls required procedures and db constructs 3. "Test" is the actual code which runs and gets required fields and displays to client. >>>>>>>>>>>>>. package com.engine; import org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource; import javax.sql.DataSource; import java.sql.Connection; import java.sql.SQLException; public class EngineDBConnection { private static String dbURL = "jdbc:oracle:thin:user/pwd@localhost: 1521:orcl"; static DataSource dataSource = null; public static void createDataSource(){ // create db connection in constructor dataSource = setupDataSource(dbURL); } public static Connection getConnection() { Connection conn = null; try { if (dataSource != null) { conn = dataSource.getConnection(); } else {...

trouble getting a connection from MS SQL Server 2000 database server from WSAD
Hi , I have java servlet that creates a connection from connection pool . and I am getting the following errror.I am working on WSAD 4.x. I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver Implementation class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource and provided all the required jar files located at. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib.also i have given the resoure properties. WebSphere DataSource:CMProperties for DataSource "MSSQLServerConDev" DataSource Properties [com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSou...

SqlSpec

Java Web Server 6.1 & Pooled SQL Server 2000 JDBC Connections
If anyone can shed some light on this problem I would greatly appreciate it. I am unsuccessfully trying to use a database connnection retrieved from a pool configured using Java System Web Server 6.1 with the SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver. The background: 1. I have downloaded the SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver and installed it on the web server. 2. I used the Administration GUI to add the .jars(namely msbase.jar, msutil.jar, and mssqlserver.jar), to the classpath. 3. Upon creating a simple JSP to access connection metadata using the direct connect method, ie., Class.forName( com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver); Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection( "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver:// .... I am shown a successful output of... JDBC Test Registering JDBC Driver driverClass: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver loaded and registered. Driver Information Driver Name: SQLServer Driver Version: 2.2.0037 Database Information Database Name: Microsoft SQL Server Database Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) Dec 17 2002 14:22:05 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: ) Avalilable Catalogs catalog: master catalog: msdb catalog: Northwind catalog: pubs catalog: tempdb 4. This tells me that the web server has access to the files necessary and the classpath is configured correctly. Now the fun begins... In order to set up the JDBC Connection Pool I hav...

join domain through working VPN-connection by Windows small business server 2000 and ISA server
hi. after connecting the home-network through vpn, I unfortunatly can only receive a answer from my server and some other computers in the home-network through ping or http-protocol. i'm using following infrastructure: remote client: -softremote lt (safenet) router/firewall: -zyxel prestige 652hi server: -microsoft small business server 2000 -isa server furthermore i can't find any domain-computers on the remote-client or shared directories even though the directorys are released for everyone. Question: How can I make my remote-client member of my home-network, that isa-server accepts it as a domain-user, or which configuration is necessary, that my infrastructure runs. thanks for help! ...

HELP
HELP - Need to connect to DB2 database on AIX from NT server. Also AS/400 from NT Server -- I am experienced in ORACLE and a novice at DB2. What tools would be the equivalent of Net*8 or SQLNET in ORACLE that would allow me to connect to a database on a remote box (either AIX or AS/400)? I have read that DB2 Connect appears to be the ticket for the Db2 server if it is on AS/400 or OS/390. What if it is on AIX? Does the same tool apply? All help is appreciated. hi, To connect to DB2 db on AIX from windows you will just be needing the db2 client and then you have to catalog ...

Java Server eXecution environment setup for Oracle RDBMS server 8.1.7.4
Hello, I would like to use the UTL_SMTP package from one client application. However, whenever I tried to execute a function part of this package I get the following message from the server: " SQL> set serveroutput on Failed to send email due to the following error: ORA-29540: class oracle/plsql/net/TCPConnection does not exist PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. SQL> exit $ oerr ora 29540 29540, 00000, "class %s does not exist" // *Cause: Java method execution failed to find a class with the indicated name. // *Action: Correct the name or add the ...

join domain through working VPN-connection by Windows small business server 2000 and ISA server
hi. after connecting the home-network through vpn, I unfortunatly can only receive a answer from my server and some other computers in the home-network through ping or http-protocol. i'm using following infrastructure: remote client: -softremote lt (safenet) router/firewall: -zyxel prestige 652hi server: -microsoft small business server 2000 -isa server furthermore i can't find any domain-computers on the remote-client or shared directories even though the directories are released for everyone. Question: How can I make my remote-client member of my home-netwo...

join domain through working VPN-connection by Windows small business server 2000 and ISA server
hi. after connecting the home-network through vpn, I unfortunatly can only receive a answer from my server and some other computers in the home-network through ping or http-protocol. i'm using following infrastructure: remote client: -softremote lt (safenet) router/firewall: -zyxel prestige 652hi server: -microsoft small business server 2000 -isa server furthermore i can't find any domain-computers on the remote-client or shared directories even though the directorys are released for everyone. Question: How can I make my remote-client member of my home-networ...

Web resources about - Connection the oracle server fails for domain restricted server - comp.lang.java.databases

Alec Baldwin, Tommy Hilfiger and a Designer With a ‘Downton’ Connection
It was something of a British invasion at Michael’s today with plenty of posh folks (Majesty magazine EIC Ingrid Seward , the always dashing ...

Quantum Break requires Internet connection for streaming cut scenes on PC
Single-player game puts videos in cloud to save disc and hard drive space. The idea of requiring an Internet connection for single-player gaming ...

Igniting Brand Growth Via Emotional Connections
Nobel Prize winning research in neuroscience and behavioral economics proves that all humans are irrational, emotional creatures. Both marketers ...

4G Connections Hit One Billion as Mobile Broadband Momentum Extends to the Developing World
The number of 4G mobile connections worldwide has surpassed the one billion mark and is on track to account for a third of all mobile connections ...

Deadpool Really Did Have A Major Connection To Marvel And The Avengers, Here's How
The Deadpool movie was full of a ton of Marvel related easter eggs, literally more than we could count. Most of them were obvious, a few were ...

Zika virus-microcephaly connection hunted in Brazil - CNN.com
Is the Zika virus linked to microcephaly? The CDC and Brazilian health officials are leading the first-ever large scale investigation to find ...

Smart city tech shows complex connections between data and sensors
... MWC, Parkeon and Sierra Wireless announced that Sierra Wireless AirPrime HL Series embedded modules will be used to enable cellular connections ...