copy from one database to another,

Is there simple code to copy a table from one database to another.

The code I have now, does a get and then a insert for every record.

O(2*n) operation.

I am using jdbc(v2.0?)

Is there a better more efficient way.
0
bigbinc
11/4/2003 8:51:34 PM
comp.lang.java.databases 3049 articles. 0 followers. samyaksulabh (16) is leader. Post Follow

what makes you think you can do better than O2 ?
me thinks you can't

"bigbinc" <bigbinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there simple code to copy a table from one database to another.
>
> The code I have now, does a get and then a insert for every record.
>
> O(2*n) operation.
>
> I am using jdbc(v2.0?)
>
> Is there a better more efficient way.

0
nos
11/4/2003 11:09:38 PM
Batch SQL operations via JDBC are usually a lot more efficient at inserts
than the one row at a time method.  If the databases are the same type,
there are probably more efficient ways via database utilities than using
JDBC at all, but I'm guessing that's not an option for you.

"bigbinc" <bigbinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there simple code to copy a table from one database to another.
>
> The code I have now, does a get and then a insert for every record.
>
> O(2*n) operation.
>
> I am using jdbc(v2.0?)
>
> Is there a better more efficient way.

0