Database and java.sql.SQLException Questions

Hello everyone!!  I am back for some more much need advice and assistance!  I
am creating a database for the first time.  I am changing some programs I
recently wrote to work with this database that have to do with Salesmen.  I
am getting the below error when I compile CreateDatabase.java.  In that I am
creating the database SalesDatabase and then creating 5 tables (Users, SType,
Salesman, Sales, Product).  The first thing I do is create those tables and
then insert informtion into the SType table and Product table.  SType is the
SalesType of a salesman, meaning Entry, Junior or Senior that also has the
bonus in there as another field (.05, .10, .15) and then product has product
1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 with the corresponding price of each.  After I do this I
need to read in a text file (SalesInformation.txt) and calculate the sales
based on the information in the database.  So here are my questions:

(1) What is the below error telling me, have I not set the database up
correctly?
(2) Am I on the right track with what I have below, should I be reading the
text file as I am or should I change it to be its own method (anything you
tell me would be apprecaited!!)?
(3) Also, other than it not compiling...lol...I am unsure of the salestype
part with element 6 on line 124.  I read in ENTRY, JUNIOR or SENIOR from the
salesinformation.txt file so how do I relate that with retrieving the bonus
number from the database?

Ok, I think that is enough questions for now.  If anyone needs any additional
information as to what I am trying to do, just let me know and I would be
happy to fill you in!!  I appreciate any hints or tips you may be able to
give and I look forward to getting this thing working :)!!  Thanks everyone!

Error:
[code]
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not
fou
nd and no default driver specified
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(JdbcOdbc.java:3074)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(JdbcOdbcConnection.
java:3
23)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(JdbcOdbcDriver.java:174)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193)
        at CreateDatabase.main(CreateDatabase.java:31)
[/code]

SalesInformation.txt
[code]
Jones&2&5&3&0&8&SENIOR
Smith&6&0&2&0&5&JUNIOR
Douglas&1&0&7&5&3&ENTRY
Hollins&9&6&3&7&15&ENTRY
Smythe&0&0&0&0&0&SENIOR
Billings&0&7&12&15&2&JUNIOR
Kozak&3&5&8&22&0&ENTRY
[/code]

CreateDatabase:
[code]
import java.io.*;
import java.math.BigDecimal;
import java.sql.*;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import javax.swing.*;
import sun.jdbc.odbc.*;

public class CreateDatabase
{
	static String salesmanname;
	int salesmanID;
	static double saleslevel;
	double salesbonus;
	static double sales = 0.0;
	double productprice;
	static String prod1price;
	static String prod2price;
	static String prod3price;
	static String prod4price;
	static String prod5price;

	public static void main(String args[])
	{
		String line;

		try
		{
			new JdbcOdbcDriver();
			String url = "jdbc:odbc:SalesDatabase";
			Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
			Statement stmt = con.createStatement();

			stmt.executeUpdate("CREATE TABLE Users (UserName VARCHAR(25)," +
					"UserPassword VARCHAR(25))");

			stmt.executeUpdate("CREATE TABLE Stype (SalesType VARCHAR(25)," +
			"SalesBonus CURRENCY)");

			stmt.executeUpdate("CREATE TABLE Salesman (SalesmanName VARCHAR(25)," +
			"SalesmanID INTEGER(10), SalesType VARCHAR(25))");

			stmt.executeUpdate("CREATE TABLE Sales (SalesmanID INTEGER(10)," +
			"TotalSales CURRENCY)");

			stmt.executeUpdate("CREATE TABLE Product (ProductNumber INTEGER(1)," +
			"ProductPrice VARCHAR(5))");

			String insert1 = "INSERT INTO Stype VALUES('Entry', .05)";
			String insert2 = "INSERT INTO Stype VALUES('Junior', .10)";
			String insert3 = "INSERT INTO Stype VALUES('Senior', .15)";

			stmt.executeUpdate(insert1);
			stmt.executeUpdate(insert2);
			stmt.executeUpdate(insert3);

			String insert4 = "INSERT INTO Product VALUES(1, 2.98)";
			String insert5 = "INSERT INTO Product VALUES(2, 4.50)";
			String insert6 = "INSERT INTO Product VALUES(3, 9.98)";
			String insert7 = "INSERT INTO Product VALUES(4, 4.49)";
			String insert8 = "INSERT INTO Product VALUES(5, 6.87)";

			stmt.executeUpdate(insert4);
			stmt.executeUpdate(insert5);
			stmt.executeUpdate(insert6);
			stmt.executeUpdate(insert7);
			stmt.executeUpdate(insert8);

			String insert9 = "INSERT INTO Salesman VALUES(" +
			salesmanname + "," + "''" + saleslevel +")";

			stmt.executeUpdate(insert9);

			String insert10 = "INSERT INTO Sales VALUES(" +
				sales +")";

			stmt.executeUpdate(insert10);

			String query1 = "SELECT ProductPrice FROM Product WHERE ProductNumber =
1";
			ResultSet rs1 = stmt.executeQuery(query1);
			while(rs1.next())
				prod1price = rs1.getString("ProductPrice");

			String query2 = "SELECT ProductPrice FROM Product WHERE ProductNumber =
2";
			ResultSet rs2 = stmt.executeQuery(query2);
			while(rs2.next())
				prod2price = rs2.getString("ProductPrice");

			String query3 = "SELECT ProductPrice FROM Product WHERE ProductNumber =
3";
			ResultSet rs3 = stmt.executeQuery(query3);
			while(rs3.next())
				prod3price = rs3.getString("ProductPrice");

			String query4 = "SELECT ProductPrice FROM Product WHERE ProductNumber =
4";
			ResultSet rs4 = stmt.executeQuery(query4);
			while(rs4.next())
				prod4price = rs4.getString("ProductPrice");

			String query5 = "SELECT ProductPrice FROM Product WHERE ProductNumber =
5";
			ResultSet rs5 = stmt.executeQuery(query5);
			while(rs5.next())
				prod5price = rs5.getString("ProductPrice");

			FileReader file = new FileReader("SalesInformation.txt");
			BufferedReader buff = new BufferedReader(file);

			while ((line = buff.readLine())!= null)
			{
				String[] elements = line.split("&");
				salesmanname = elements [0];

				double sales1 = 0.0;
				double sales2 = 0.0;
				double sales3 = 0.0;
				double sales4 = 0.0;
				double sales5 = 0.0;

				sales1 = Double.parseDouble(elements[1]) * Double.parseDouble(prod1price)
;
				sales2 = Double.parseDouble(elements[2]) * Double.parseDouble(prod2price)
;
				sales3 = Double.parseDouble(elements[3]) * Double.parseDouble(prod3price)
;
				sales4 = Double.parseDouble(elements[4]) * Double.parseDouble(prod4price)
;
				sales5 = Double.parseDouble(elements[5]) * Double.parseDouble(prod5price)
;

				saleslevel = (elements[6]);  // I am a little unsure of how to use what
is in the database
							     // and apply it here to calculate the saleslevel for a salesman..?
?

				try
				{
					sales = (sales1 + sales2 + sales3 + sales4 + sales5);

					if( sales == 0.00 )
					{
						throw new NoSalesException();
					}
				}
				catch(NoSalesException nse)
				{
						JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, salesmanname + " has no Sales!!",
"Sales Equals Zero",
							JOptionPane.WARNING_MESSAGE);
				}

				sales = sales + (sales * saleslevel);

			}
			buff.close();
		}
		catch(Exception e)
		{
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
	}
}
[/code]

zhah99
4/26/2006 3:44:18 AM
comp.lang.java.databases 3049 articles. 0 followers. samyaksulabh (16) is leader. Post Follow

"zhah99 via JavaKB.com" wrote...

> Hello everyone!!  I am back for some more
> much need advice and assistance!

To get more answers, you could try to partition your comments into more
readable chunks.

It's just a suggestion, people tend to back away from very long introductory
texts... ;-)

Anyway, I give a shot.

> (1) What is the below error telling me, have I not
> set the database up correctly?

According to the error message, you haven't set it up at all!

At least not as a dsn in your system.

Or not with the name "SalesDatabase". (could be as simple as a misspelling
when you registered the database as a dsn).

I also notice that you use system dsn's via the ODBC-JDBC bridge.

Depending on what database you use, there's much to gain on using another
JDBC-driver instead.

> (2) Am I on the right track with what I have below,
> should I be reading the text file as I am or should
> I change it to be its own method (anything you
> tell me would be apprecaited!!)?

Should and should...

I could say yes, but then I would have to explain why, and what other things
you also ought to do (such as encapsulating the fields, arrays, values into
classes for each significant thing, etc), so I wont say that, this time.

> (3) Also, other than it not compiling...lol...
> I am unsure of the salestype part with element 6
> on line 124.  I read in ENTRY, JUNIOR or SENIOR from the
> salesinformation.txt file so how do I relate that with
> retrieving the bonus number from the database?

First of all, why don't you save it in the SalesMan record?

Then you could use it as a foreign key to the SType table, assuming you also
change those keys to upper case, so there's a correspondance between them.

If you do that, you can simply do a query against the database to retrieve
the bonus.

> Ok, I think that is enough questions for now.

....and enough with answer from me for now.

// Bjorn A

Bjorn
4/26/2006 6:04:37 AM
zhah99 via JavaKB.com wrote:
> am getting the below error when I compile CreateDatabase.java.  In that I am
> (3) Also, other than it not compiling...lol...I am unsure of the salestype
> Error:
> [code]
> java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not

Are you really, really sure your program doens't compile? Because that
looks like a runtime exception to me ...
0
Jon
4/26/2006 3:14:42 PM
Jon Martin Solaas wrote:
>> am getting the below error when I compile CreateDatabase.java.  In that I am
>> (3) Also, other than it not compiling...lol...I am unsure of the salestype
>> Error:
>> [code]
>> java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not
>
>Are you really, really sure your program doens't compile? Because that
>looks like a runtime exception to me ...

Ok, thank you for your replies, it is compiling now.  I misspelled the
Database name...how ridiculous is that??  :)  Anyway, so it is compiling but
now it is not creating the tables.  I keep looking at the stmt.executeUpdate
code, but I don't see what is going on.  I have been over line 45 twenty
times and I don't see it.  I appreciate all of your help here, this is my
first database and so I am a little unsure.  So, again thank you!!

Error:
[code]
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error
in
 CREATE TABLE statement.
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecDirect(JdbcOdbc.java:3111)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcStatement.java:338)

        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.executeUpdate(JdbcOdbcStatement.
java:
288)
        at CreateDatabase.main(CreateDatabase.java:45)
[/code]

Statements in CreateDatabase.java file:
[code]
try
{
	new JdbcOdbcDriver();
	String url = "jdbc:odbc:SalesDatabase";
	Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
	Statement stmt = con.createStatement();

	stmt.executeUpdate ("CREATE TABLE Users (UserName "
		+ "VARCHAR(25), UserPassword VARCHAR(25))");

	stmt.executeUpdate ("CREATE TABLE Stype (SalesType "
		+ "VARCHAR(25), SalesBonus VARCHAR(5))");

[...]

4/26/2006 3:59:50 PM
"zhah99 via JavaKB.com" wrote:

> Anyway, so it is compiling but
> now it is not creating the tables.  I keep looking at the
> stmt.executeUpdate
> code, but I don't see what is going on.  I have been over line 45 twenty
> times and I don't see it.  I appreciate all of your help here, this is my
> first database and so I am a little unsure.  So, again thank you!!
>
> Error:
> [code]
> java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax
> error
> in
> CREATE TABLE statement.

[snip]

>  at CreateDatabase.main(CreateDatabase.java:45)

So which line *is* line 45?

As the source codes tend to wrap in the postings, it's a bit difficult for
us to spot the specific lines... ;-)

Anyway, didn't you use MSAccess?

Then it's not possible to use fixed length Integers...

E.g.:

> stmt.executeUpdate ("CREATE TABLE Salesman (SalesmanName "
> + "VARCHAR(25), SalesmanID INTEGER(10), SalesType "
> + "VARCHAR(25))");

....should then be:

stmt.executeUpdate ("CREATE TABLE Salesman (SalesmanName "
 + "VARCHAR(25), SalesmanID INTEGER, SalesType "
 + "VARCHAR(25))");

....etc...

// Bjorn A

Bjorn
4/26/2006 9:52:44 PM
Well Integer was definitly one of my problems, I have the CreateDatabase
running now.  I am working on the SalesClient.  I am getting a
NullPointerException in the addNewSalesman method below.  I think it might
have to do with the way I am inserting the data into the database, is this
correct?  Am I do something wrong with the quotes?

[code]
	public void addNewSalesman()
	{
		double sales = calculateNewSales(product.getSelectedIndex(), Integer.
parseInt(amtprodsold.getText()));

		if (getNewSalesman(salesmanname.getText()) != null)
		{
			JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(this, salesmanname.getText() + " is an
existing Salesman.  To update an existing Salesman," +
					"\n" + "please go to Sales Data Entry - Update Current Salesman.",
"Existing Salesman", JOptionPane.INFORMATION_MESSAGE);
		}
		else
		{
			try
			{
				if(saleslevel.getSelectedItem().equals("Entry"))
				{
					level = .05;
				}
				else if(saleslevel.getSelectedItem().equals("Junior"))
				{
					level = .10;
				}
				else if(saleslevel.getSelectedItem().equals("Senior"))
				{
					level = .15;
				}

				String insertsalesman2 = "INSERT INTO Salesman VALUES(" + salesmanname +
"," + "''" + level + ")";
				String insertsales2 = "INSERT INTO Sales VALUES(" + sales + ")";
				stmt.executeUpdate(insertsalesman2);
				stmt.executeUpdate(insertsales2);

				System.out.println("Inside addNewSalesman Method!!");
			}
			catch(Exception ee)
			{
				ee.printStackTrace();
			}
		}

		salesmanname.setText("");
		saleslevel.setSelectedIndex(0);
		product.setSelectedIndex(0);
		amtprodsold.setText("");
		salesmanname.requestFocus();
	}
[/code]

zhah99
4/27/2006 4:43:21 AM
"zhah99 via JavaKB.com" wrote...

> Well Integer was definitly one of my problems, I have the CreateDatabase
> running now.  I am working on the SalesClient.  I am getting a
> NullPointerException in the addNewSalesman method below.  I think it might
> have to do with the way I am inserting the data into the database, is this
> correct?  Am I do something wrong with the quotes?

Why not just test with some values, as if..

  salesmanname = "John";
  level = .15;

> String insertsalesman2 = "INSERT INTO Salesman VALUES(" + salesmanname +
> "," + "''" + level + ")";

....would become:

 String insertsalesman2 =
   "INSERT INTO Salesman VALUES(John,''.15)";

....which probably isn't what you want...

I would suggest you start using PreparedStatements instead, which would
simplify things, and make it a bit safer. That would insert those irritating
quotes by itself, and only when needed.

If I recall, a salesman really had three fields...

I expect you have your statements as instance variables somewehere else, so
if you continue with that solution, you could have them prebuilt there as
well...

=== in the class definition =======================

   CallableStatement insertSalesmanStmt = null;

=== in the initalization code of the statements ===

   String insertsalesman =
      "INSERT INTO Salesman VALUES(?,?,?)";

   insertSalesmanStmt =
      connection.prepareCall (insertSalesman);

=== in addNewSalesman =============================

   String name = ...
   int id = ...
   String type = ...

   insertSalesmanStmt.setString(1, name);
   insertSalesmanStmt.setInt(2, id);
   insertSalesmanStmt.setString(3, type);

   insertSalesmanStmt.execute();

....unless you have changed the declaration of tables since before.

It would anyway show how you could approach it.

// Bjorn A

Bjorn

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time
I get the following error message... java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as java.sql.Time >From the following SQL call... SELECT COUNT(pageurl) AS PageCount, pageurl, MAX(datetime) AS LastAccess, SUM(VisitLength) as TotalVisitLength, VisitLength, RecordNum, SUM(CASE WHEN VisitLength IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS NullVisits FROM clubvisits WHERE groupid = #clubid# GROUP BY pageurl ORDER BY #OrderKey# I am using ColdFusion 7 on MySQL 4.1.12a. I'm not a Java programmer - I don't know any Java, but ColdFusion acts essentially as a script layer to J2EE, so for some reason it's throwing a Java error. I'm especially stuck, because I need to resolve this without programming any Java, and the Adobe forums for ColdFusion and MySQL groups are no help. The error refers to the "VisitLength" field which is a "time" data type in the database. In the MySQL documentation, it says that 00:00:00 is allowable for time (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/ en/ time.html). So my question is, why is this error coming up if it's an allowable value? And is there anything I can do? >So my question is, why is this error coming up if it's an allowable >value? And is there anything I can do? one way is to store the values as raw ints or longs as far as SQL is concerned. -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products The Java Glossary http://mindprod.com <mehatespam1085@yahoo.com> wrote... ...

java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time
I get the following error message... java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as java.sql.Time >From the following SQL call... SELECT COUNT(pageurl) AS PageCount, pageurl, MAX(datetime) AS LastAccess, SUM(VisitLength) as TotalVisitLength, VisitLength, RecordNum, SUM(CASE WHEN VisitLength IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS NullVisits FROM clubvisits WHERE groupid = #clubid# GROUP BY pageurl ORDER BY #OrderKey# I am using ColdFusion 7 (not my choice - don't laugh) on MySQL 4.1.12a. The error refers to the "VisitLength" field which is a "time" da...

java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table
Hello NG, with Informix I get the error java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table in my servlet after 253 or 254 selects/updates. Any idea how to solve this Problem. Its Informix SE and its not a Problem from the jdbc driver.... Chris You can find the text behind any error message by typing finderr <msgno> at the command prompt. The ones you're getting come out as: -253 Identifier length exceeds the maximum allowed by this version of the server. A name in the statement exceeds the maximum length. In 7.x, 8.x, and 9.1x versions of the databa...

Dear all, While trying to load a big table, I received the following error. Is there any way to circumvent this problem without doing additional programming? Thanks you help, Kirill Andreev ??? Java exception occurred: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.toolbox.database.fetchTheData.dataFetch(fetchTheData.java: 740) Error in ==> cursor....

Database with Java question
One of the reasons I am learn Java is to create a program which will interact with a database. The second reason would be portability. Should I be looking at MySQL & C++ and worry about portability after the fact? Or would Java provide me with similar capabilities. While I am a Java noob, I am aware that a compiled language is generally faster, however the task I am thinking of, wouldn't be that processor intensive. For those of you wondering, I am wanting to work on an inventory program with basic accounting added on. Thank you for any input you can give me. Lee On Nov 9, 9:56...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

Java Interview Question Database
Java Interview Question Database Preemptive Scheduling What is the difference between preemptive scheduling and time slicing?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 Garbage Collection Does garbage collection guarantee that a program will not run out of memory?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 Wrapped Classes What are wrapped classes?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 Vector and ArrayList Classes What is the main difference between a Vector and an ArrayList?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 more ...Please visit this Website http://i...

Java Interview Question Database
Java Interview Question Database What Is invokeLater() Method When should the method invokeLater() be used?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 What Is Finalization What is the purpose of finalization?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 Anonymous Classes Can an anonymous class be declared as implementing an interface and extending a class?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 Infinite Loops How can you write a loop indefinitely?... http://interview.fyicenter.com/search.php?K=7 more ... please visit this Website http://interview.fyicenter.com Softw...

Database for Java
Hello I'm having the Apache 2.0 server and i would like to set up a database that i can access with java. is mySQL a possibility?? Raphi Raphi wrote: > Hello > I'm having the Apache 2.0 server and i would like to set up a database > that i can access with java. is mySQL a possibility?? > > Raphi Yes, Yes it is. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/fr/Java.html HTH, Carl. Carl wrote: > Raphi wrote: > >> Hello >> I'm having the Apache 2.0 server and i would like to set up a database >> that i can access with java. is mySQL a possibility?? >...

java Databases..
Hello! Can you give me sample codes written in Java for Database. Thanks! On 30.08.2004 08:48 ive_cal wrote: > Hello! Can you give me sample codes written in Java for Database. Thanks! hsqldb.sourceforge.net ...

Java and Databases
Someone posted something about this a while back in one of the comp.lang.java groups, but I can't find it now. I want to create an object model backed by a database. Where should the database code go? Should I have a commit() method in each class, or something like that? That doesn't seem right. I found some info about JDO (Java Data Objects), but after about half an hour of browsing, it doesn't seem to be quite what I'm looking for. I may be wrong though. What it's for: Soon I intend to begin writing an application which is primarily for learning purposes, though some use...

EMC Job Vacancy--Database developer-Linux-Java-Database
General summary: EMC, a worldwide leader in information infrastructure, is seeking a senior software engineer. You will be working on an R&D initiative to explore new system architecture and programming models in enterprise data cloud. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience designing, developing and delivering database and/or cloud management system software. We are looking for a passionate and brilliant individual to join our dynamic world-class team. The candidate will play an important role in this project that will revolutionize the entire data warehousing industr...

DataBase in java
daer All i want to add a database in java applet, the query's are all persian , i should use unicode to convert and result the query's. my database is in SQL . can anybody help me? Reza wrote: > i want to add a database in java applet, the query's are all persian , > i should use unicode to convert and result the query's. Do you want a database that you can pack together with the Applet? Maybe HSQLDB [1] will help you. [1] http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/ Johann -- |�|-|3/-\|2 |\/|`/ 5|_||�/-\|-|1337 5|6zZ! ...

java and database
Hi! Can anyone please point my any tutorial or www that can help my to write such an application: I wont to write application with database placed on the server and 5 to 10 clients connected to this database. Clients can only writes data to database, and creating raports. I wont to write this application in Java and use Jface interface. Users should have theirs own logins with assign permissions . I wont to set wrights to CTabFolder. For example a have 3 CTabFolder : 1th - Add data (all users) 2 - Delete data (only administrator) 3 - reports (only users with given permission) I...

Java Databases
I tried three Java databases (HSQL 1.61, Derby and TinySQL-2) and the only one that worked properly is Derby. As a note I am using an older version of JBuilder (version 7). So far it seems to work well and I can say that I can recommend it. Mich wrote: > > I tried three Java databases (HSQL 1.61, Derby and TinySQL-2) and the only > one that worked properly is Derby. As a note I am using an older version of > JBuilder (version 7). So far it seems to work well and I can say that I can > recommend it. You should try FirstSQL/J (see my sig). -- Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com) ============================================================== * The Ultimate DBMS is here! * FirstSQL/J Object/Relational DBMS (http://www.firstsql.com) ...

Web resources about - Database and java.sql.SQLException Questions - comp.lang.java.databases

'jdbc' tag wiki - Stack Overflow

VMwareCares (@VMwareCares) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Java Servlet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The servlet is a Java programming language class used to extend the capabilities of a server . Although servlets can respond to any types of ...

Bazaar - Alternative Windows Phone marketplace for homebrew applications DotNetNuke
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventLog'.'PK_EventLogMaster' in database ...

S&N Hotel Reservation Website
S&N Hotel Reservation Website 置标出错:''标签解析异常! 关键字 'ORDER' 附近有语法错误。 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean ...

遵义人力资源和社会保障网
... from [zydn_Config_MenuPower] where id= (select UsePower from [zydn_Menu] where mid=) 错误: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: 第 1 行: ')' 附近有语法错误。 ...

Java 7 Runtime and Cloud Endpoints Preview
... closing resources that are used in a try-catch statement. public static void viewTable(Connection con, String query) throws SQLException { ...

用Java实现数据库增删集合元素_数据库/开发_比特网
Oracle数据库中增删集合元素的操作该如何实现呢?其实利用Java Function就可以轻松的实现,本文我们就主要介绍这一实现方法。 用Java实现数据库增删集合元素

DotNetNuke
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventLog'.'PK_EventLogMaster' in database ...

DaniWeb Unanswered Articles - Technology Publication Meets Social Media
An online discussion community of IT professionals. Forums to get free computer help and support. We are a social technology publication covering ...